Forum › Anime season

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Kabaneri sold pretty well actually, even though it was bad.
I doubt they'll deviate from the manga in AoT either because it's one of the best selling anime in general, so they'll milk it.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

kobayashi maid a late night anime! kyoani not gonna pull any punches i guess.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

kobayashi maid a late night anime! kyoani not gonna pull any punches i guess.

Sure hope so. It's the only thing I'm watching this season and so far it's sweet.

joined Dec 16, 2013

kana girl show up next week!

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

I heard Dragon Ball Super new arc is starting in Feb so i guess only one filler episode to go now.

I'm pretty exicted to see Hit returning in tournament despite my objection agains fem Broly.

I'm just hoping he isn't going to be used as a fodder.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Urara ep 3 is killing me...

Not only Urara x Koume is just too much for me to handle. But then Urara beast mode. And loli Urara and god damn... poor snake.

Moe overloaded. This show is like 90% of pure high-quality moe undiluted, packed into each episode

last edited at Jan 26, 2017 12:57AM

joined Feb 15, 2013

Also, on Scum's wish Ep 2...

.... ways to keep your hidden feeling with you to the grave, Ecchan. Great restraint there...

last edited at Jan 26, 2017 2:44AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm watching Youjo Senki and I must say I love the MC.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Kuzu no Honkai's 3rd episode really is something. I'm glad to see a more ''relatable'' lesbian out there in anime. One that actually gets taken serious.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

.... ways to keep your hidden feeling with you to the grave, Ecchan. Great restraint there...

How has it been so far? I've only heard how "realistic" the relationships are in there, but nothing about the actual quality of the series.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

How has it been so far? I've only heard how "realistic" the relationships are in there, but nothing about the actual quality of the series.

Snooped around the manga, don't think it's particularly good, but people seem to really like any form of complications in soap operas whether they make sense of not.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Saw Kobayashi's Maid Dragon ep 3
I really like the series so far, it's pretty dope. I like Tohru's romantic and sexual tension for Kobayashi, the scenes are cute/heartwarming. Rather than a maid, Tohru is totally her wife tbh, and now they have a kiddo, it's super sweet
I don't remember if they moved in the manga, or if it was an original scene, but it was nice, that Kobayashi went from reluctantly letting Tohru stay, to accepting Kanna as well cus why not, to just finding a new place for them altogether, to accommodate their new 'family' and current needs

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Faust posted:

I don't remember if they moved in the manga

They didn't.

last edited at Jan 26, 2017 8:45PM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Snooped around the manga, don't think it's particularly good, but people seem to really like any form of complications in soap operas whether they make sense of not.

Figures. I kinda had a suspicion that the series wasn't any good since no one is talking about the characters or the story, the only thing they're focusing on is the "realism" of the relationships.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Figures. I kinda had a suspicion that the series wasn't any good since no one is talking about the characters or the story, the only thing they're focusing on is the "realism" of the relationships.

probably cuz they are actually DOING things in said relationships, instead of blueballing like everything else ever. tho they are potrayed with sort of adult behavior even tho they are children, kinda jarring.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

probably cuz they are actually DOING things in said relationships, instead of blueballing like everything else ever. tho they are potrayed with sort of adult behavior even tho they are children, kinda jarring.

Are they explaining why they behave like adults even though they're children? I usually don't get interested in these type of shows, but hearing about that kinda makes me want to watch it.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Are they explaining why they behave like adults even though they're children? I usually don't get interested in these type of shows, but hearing about that kinda makes me want to watch it.

no, its the usual anime/manga thing where general writing does not match the setting/context. "super deep and thoughtful" (or like in this case, attempting to be) hardly goes with highschool children. In this case they all behave and interact way too "maturely" (or more like: uncanny) for mere children.

You can just go watch it, its just 2 (or was it 3?) episodes out.

Personally I really do not care for any of these characters, so all the QQ sobby face and melodrama does not faze me.

last edited at Jan 27, 2017 4:43AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

no, its the usual anime/manga thing where general writing does not match the setting/context. "super deep and thoughtful" (or like in this case, attempting to be) hardly goes with highschool children. In this case they all behave and interact way too "maturely" (or more like: uncanny) for mere children.

That's not even an anime/manga thing. Most writers are adults, and correspondingly have difficulty accurately writing children

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Gives me flashbacks of certain manga that I had with passion, the girl in acted like an adult, while the older men had very childish behavior.

joined Dec 16, 2013

vivid strike sucks...why dammit why.
bring back vivio!!
rinne should win the last fight so that all those backstory made more sense.
if i'm not mistaken the plot essentially talent vs hard work and initially
rinne is the talented one and fukka is the hardworking one, but as the story progress the role pretty much flipped making rinne the one work hard to the point half dead everyday for years vs fukka few months training and already on par with world no1 ranking.
by making rinne lost meaning hardwork lost, talent wins.
the end result will be better if rinne win it would make rinne happier all her hardwork not vain and fukka too as rin now happier!
it's teppu clone!!

just realised vivid strike is TEPPU CLONE!! except teppu is better.

also vivio should quit martial arts and learn magic warfare with nanoha instead.
that can fully utilized her vast magic power!!

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Urara meirochou 04 :

this looks more and more like it might end with polyamory. XD

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

That's not even an anime/manga thing. Most writers are adults, and correspondingly have difficulty accurately writing children

I wouldn't know, the only entertainment with children I still watch is anime and manga.
Been like 10 years since I've seen anything elsewhere with children as protags.

last edited at Jan 27, 2017 11:42AM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Minami Kamakura had a nice twist in episode 3: When they were competing for Natsumi-chan, I thought that Natsumi-chan is free to do as she pleases regardless of the result... and then she says exactly that. And the "bad girl swimmer-senpai" also said that she can't force Natsumi-chan to quit the bicycle club and only competed to make herself feel better.

Nice to see sensible people for a change! xD

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I wouldn't know, the only entertainment with children I still watch is anime and manga.
Been like 10 years since I've seen anything elsewhere with children as protags.

Technically the early seasons of Adventure time count. As does Stephen Universe.

joined Oct 5, 2016

I actually really disagree with the idea that the protagonists of Kuzu no Honkai are acting like adults. They're horny teenagers who are sure that if they don't pair up with their crush they'll never ever love anyone again. That's not how adults act, but that's a very teenager way of thinking! They're teenagers, not elementary kids, they have libidos.

To reply you must either login or sign up.