Forum › A Room For Two discussion

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Someone who actually speaks japanese should write here : we want to see yuri in futaribeya.
And then we should stalk editor-san's twitter or the magazine's so they know people would actually like it

Okay, what you send is the following:

私はホットケーキです。

That'll get the message across.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Someone who actually speaks japanese should write here : we want to see yuri in futaribeya.
And then we should stalk editor-san's twitter or the magazine's so they know people would actually like it

stop dude spam is bad i think we should respect the authors decitions even if it hurts

If you read carefully I said stalk the editor. Not Yukiko.
Yukiko is a really nice person and she always responds tweets

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

私はホットケーキです。

あらあら、不快な。
おまえはふうんですね?少し哀れな。I would say good try but being a language teacher I dislike individuals like you, who think is fun to mislead others who are earnestly asking something.
I am able to read the language, still learning how to structure it.
So, yeah, good luck next time

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

私はホットケーキです。

I thought people weren't suppose to support the trolls? ~_~;

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

私はホットケーキです。

I thought tmtvl's joke was funny. I don't think they were taking your idea of messaging the editor seriously though, so I saw their post as nothing more than good fun.

Sorry for not taking you seriously, though.

last edited at Jan 23, 2017 1:03AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I thought tmtvl's joke was funny. I don't think they were taking your idea of messaging the editor seriously though, so I saw their post as nothing more than good fun.

Sorry for not taking you seriously, though.

+1 (。•́︿•̀。)

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

I've been trying to find the source of the pancake joke, but it might've been something that I picked up IRL instead of online. Maybe I should've added a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

The thing about Futaribeya is, while the author always visions the mains as being in a relationship, Editor-san comes in and said "Nope, please turn down the yuri."

I don't know if you have a source for that or it's just speculation. If you do read it somewhere, you probably misunderstood it, since it would be pretty unprofessional for Yukiko to say her editor asked her to make it not-yuri, since probably a big part of her fanbase are yuri fans. The editor might have asked her to tone down the yuri, but that would just mean that both recognize the work as yuri, but it's not a romance or drama story, so she shouldn't do yuri scenes unless it's relevant to the 4koma format. In the end, that's how it is. It's a slice of life manga, and the media isn't known for genre shift. In fact, a lot of japanese fans hate having their expectations betrayed.

Also, about yuri mangas not being able to full their potential in not yuri magazines, it's not true at all. Let's not forget that things like Bloom into You and AnoKiss are works in not yuri magazines, and they're more successful than most Yuri Hime series. It's a shame for Morinaga, but she was never popular in Japan. And as much as I love her stories, they're all too similar. Yuri Hime cancels a lot of series, too, so it's not like it would be different in a yuri magazine.

Homu2
joined Mar 23, 2015

Not that anything else needs to be said (this "yuri or not?" witch hunt is pretty tiring) but the magazine twitter account just posted a 4koma from the latest chapter: https://twitter.com/denshi_birz/status/824928391585427456 and Sakurako literally says I want to have your babies SO. I think the publisher/editor/whoever else is well aware of what's going on here.

last edited at Jan 30, 2017 4:42PM

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016
Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

I think the publisher/editor/whoever else is well aware of what's going on here.

I think everyone can see it.

Sakurako and Kasumi are SUPER FRIENDS! The best of friends, who stick together through thick and thin.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Three chapters in one day? We're so lucky! This series is so gay in a good way. They're totally a married couple!

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Three chapters in one day? We're so lucky! This series is so gay in a good way. They're totally a married couple!

It's a bit of an attempt to make up for ignoring it for so long >_>;

joined Jun 12, 2015

They're totally a married couple!

But they are not married. And not even a couple. And they even not consider it.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Thank you for your hard work!

joined Aug 23, 2013

Looks like Seri got herself a girlfriend too.

I didn't expect you two to be so all over each other

I did. And I'm content with it!

say you've got a message

That's sooo cute.

Kasumi-chan and I often take baths together

Like a good married couple should do.

It's funny how Sakurako hyped up after realizing she'll be able to see Kasumi in a swimsuit.

That's a shame they passed on a kiss...

I wanna go out

I thought you two were going out with each other already...

Suzu and Azusa are childhood friends who went to the same middle-school

Aoi-saaaan... please don't do this to me, Sakurako and Kasumi are gay enough already...

joined Aug 23, 2013

3 pages in, and already thinking the only way they could be more like a married couple is to actually marry.

Not looking forward to that 4 people room sharing, though. I fear it'll ruin the dynamic.

This post is bad and you should feel bad.

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016

Is it just me or did they made Sakurako gayer?

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Thank you very much! I love this series. It's so fluffy and sweet.

67413148_p0
joined Jan 22, 2016

And thirstier. Not that I'm complaining or anything. God bless this 'subtext'.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Precious little gay babies

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Oh dear Sakurako is so gay someone help this gay child

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

And thirstier. Not that I'm complaining or anything. God bless this 'subtext'.

If they keep this up we could change "subtext" back to "yuri" :)

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Is the new couple trying to out-gay Sakurako and Kasumi? Sakurako is stepping up, for sure.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Is the new couple trying to out-gay Sakurako and Kasumi? Sakurako is stepping up, for sure.

She has a position to maintain.

To reply you must either login or sign up.