Forum › Hana and Hina After School discussion

0asm1
joined Oct 28, 2013

The thing about Morinaga is, he knows how to totally fluff my yuri heart, lol
From stolen glances, wishful thinking, uncontrolled, honest feelings... unguarded happiness, unreasonable hurts, to the painful realization of how the world works.
We all have been there, done that... and yet we still want more XD

joined Jun 12, 2012

I'd like to blame my infrequent yuri consumption on my increasingly busy schedule IRL, but it's really because my poor heart can't handle this fluffy goodness on a daily or weekly basis. Morinaga should be charged with attempted murder for trying to induce a cardiac arrest upon his readers. God damn it, man.

Image%20(1)
joined Aug 15, 2014

somebody said to me that this manga was cancelled, is it true? :(

last edited at Dec 23, 2016 8:22PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Yup, sadly it didn't sell well. Volume 3 will be its last. Hopefully Morinaga got enough of a heads up so that we can at least get a finished conclusion that doesn't feel too rushed. I can't find the tweet right now but when originally announced I think she said something about continuing it as a doujin, take that with a grain of salt.

Image%20(1)
joined Aug 15, 2014

Yup, sadly it didn't sell well. Volume 3 will be its last. Hopefully Morinaga got enough of a heads up so that we can at least get a finished conclusion that doesn't feel too rushed. I can't find the tweet right now but when originally announced I think she said something about continuing it as a doujin, take that with a grain of salt.

Thank you :(

last edited at Dec 24, 2016 9:21AM

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

Fuck.... Cancelled.....Someone kill me now.....

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

Why would manga like this get cancelled whereas other shittayyyyy yuri ( I am looking at you STRAWBERRY PANIC!!!) gets an anime!!!...
...Just...pissed off of the fact that great yuri manga that has potential like "Apocalypse" for example, get cancelled... Come on, the plot on that one was original af, atleast it's better than the one that goes... " I like X , looks like she likes me too! Better have sex with this one because I got turned on when she shook hands with me after going from the motherfucking toilet!"

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

atleast it's better than the one that goes... " I like X , looks like she likes me too! Better have sex with this one because I got turned on when she shook hands with me after going from the motherfucking toilet!"

Whoa okay wait lmao, is that real? Did someone really write/publish that?

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

atleast it's better than the one that goes... " I like X , looks like she likes me too! Better have sex with this one because I got turned on when she shook hands with me after going from the motherfucking toilet!"

I hate it when that happens. Can't even go to the goddamn bathroom without ladies throwing themselves at you.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I just got my copy of Hana and Hina vol 3 literally minutes ago, and I've been looking through it. And (spoiler warning) wow oh wow oh WOW! Ch 16: it's finally happened!! Ch 18: squeeaal!!! Last chapter: I just love that issue of Milteen!!!!

Have no fear; Morinaga-sensei has brought this series to a well thought out conclusion. If it really was cancelled, then I'd say she had at least a few months of warning. This one is worth the wait. (Also, please buy the Seven Seas releases as they come out. I've already got the first volume on order.)

Edit: And oh that cover image is wonderful!

last edited at Jan 19, 2017 1:36PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Thank you, Yuri Girl. When I heard it was canceled I feared that it was going to get a rushed ending or even no ending at all. Now that that anxiety is gone I can relax while waiting for the releases.

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

The wait is over. It's back. Enjoy.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

[monotone] Oh, goody, and here I was worried that it might end too quickly.

Warisusmall
joined May 1, 2016

I love this too much. I'm utterly giddy whenever another chapter gets scanlated. I'll be sure to grab the volumes, of course :3

joined Sep 21, 2014

"I'm normal."

GODDAMNIT. This is why we can't have nice things. I really wonder if she means that or if the trope of "doesn't realize her feelings for her friend are romantic" is in play.

UGH.

Casual reminder
Go reread lmao

last edited at Jan 21, 2017 3:16PM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Cute cover.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Everyone was so on edge about Maiko's ex-girlfriend status screwing with Hana and Hina's relationship, but them never having dated at all somehow screwed with things even more.

Well played, Morinaga.

joined Sep 9, 2016

"I'm normal."

GODDAMNIT. This is why we can't have nice things. I really wonder if she means that or if the trope of "doesn't realize her feelings for her friend are romantic" is in play.

UGH.

Casual reminder
Go reread lmao

You got me. I forgot. DERP. In my defense, though, there seems to be a cognitive disconnect when she says she's in love with her but would never date a girl. So, in a way, she really doesn't realize it.

That being said, why would she say that? And unless I am really losing my mind, it wasn't Maiko saying that. Is Morinaga just trying to manufacture drama?

last edited at Jan 21, 2017 3:35PM

E45afc863d55cd80c9ab7f52ecfd8c84
joined Jul 19, 2016

I don't know why exactly but the line "I'm normal" really bothered me. I still love this though.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

I don't know why exactly but the line "I'm normal" really bothered me. I still love this though.

I'm guessing because in context it implies that a girl being attracted to another girl is abnormal.

9020bea3a3cd0354c95399402120ae64
joined May 19, 2016

Chapter 13 started to kill my heart
Man i hate seeing her cry...

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I understand some of you might get agitated over lines like "I am normal", but in the end we are dealing with teens struggling with their sexual identities here. Kids thinking they are abnormal is in fact normal.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Guys... Please... Read between the lines just a little... I beg you...

joined Sep 21, 2014

"I'm normal."

UGH.

Casual reminder
Go reread lmao

You got me. I forgot. DERP. In my defense, though, there seems to be a cognitive disconnect when she says she's in love with her but would never date a girl. So, in a way, she really doesn't realize it.

That being said, why would she say that? And unless I am really losing my mind, it wasn't Maiko saying that. Is Morinaga just trying to manufacture drama?

she lied lmao?
To not be judged?
"Oh god what if Hana thinks I'm weird, this is weird isn't it, I can't let her know"
Has no one seen this excuse/line before lmao, like "whaat?? Noo, I don't like girls, I'm not weird, I'm normal! Girls can't date girls!"

joined Mar 5, 2016

I think that She said it because She was afraid of Hana's reaction, denial is common in this kind of story and She didn't want Hana to think that She was abnormal (omosexuality is an issue in this manga)

To reply you must either login or sign up.