Forum › A Passing Story discussion

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Ah.... I still can't get enough of this...

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

Ah.... I still can't get enough of this...

you are right, i also like it, and all the other story of the book, and i see somethings from this artist in progres at yury projects, i can't wait...

this art style let me think to hirao auri, is it only me ?

joined Jul 17, 2013

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I LOOOOVE THIS! ////

Chie_ava_katsuragi2
joined May 7, 2012

That head kiss and "Will you be good to me?" just melt my heart >_<

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

this was way too sweet, i might get diabetes

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Awwwwww, that ending.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What is it with lesbian school nurses anyhow? Is it the fact that they're more isolated than regular teachers or something? Their apparent role as counsellors? Their easy access to beds (although I can't think of too many where they actually use the beds for that).

A Passing Story
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Pure Water Adolescence
The Summer Closest to Heaven
Dear My Teacher

Pretty sure there's more, but the fact that all those come to mind immediately is interesting.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

What is it with lesbian school nurses anyhow? Is it the fact that they're more isolated than regular teachers or something? Their apparent role as counsellors? Their easy access to beds (although I can't think of too many where they actually use the beds for that).

A Passing Story
Pure Water Adolescence
Dear My Teacher

Pretty sure there's more, but the fact that all those come to mind immediately is interesting.

Are you not aware of the many fetishes covered in mangas? School nurses is up there hand in hand with hospital nurses. They might as well assign a role to them if they bother using them.

It's actually surprising that there isn't much more in yuri mangas...

last edited at Apr 4, 2014 2:36PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Is also the easier setup for a Yuri story (the same reason as are so abundant the all-girls schools). It would be interesting if there's an equivalent or is the same thing for yaoi mangas.

That being said after a while reading yuri it becomes kind of silly the non-existance of the boys.

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

What a nice way of put an end to the story.

Klz1234699998m
joined May 15, 2012

I LOVE when these loves are not just something to kill time during school period, but are real relationship that survive over time :)

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

You know, I never understood how the student (in the present, that gets told the story) says it's a dull story. I mean, what is dull about it? Sure, it's not action packed, but it is not just a "hey, one time this girl asked me out and I said yes". that would be dull. there was an actual conflict there, what with the asshole boyfriend. And it was in a way useful to her situation as well: "Don't lose courage, I was once in love with a girl I assumed was straight, but it turned out alright" or "sometimes love from high school can last" or "lesbianism is not just a phase per se". What did she expect? A surefire way to get her girl? some "magic trick"? Weird... the story was neither dull nor unrelated. Nor was the nurse the wrong person to ask. She happened, by sheer luck, to be somebody who can relate.

Maki%20und%20nico
joined Nov 18, 2014

I just love this story so much it feels so fluffy and warm.

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

Man reading this just warms my heart. It's so good to read it again after so long.

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

What a simple, sweet story :') Poor kid never got her advice tho.

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

Wow!!!! Love the story

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I've reread this a few times. Every time, when she chucks the tea in his face and tells him to shut his mouth, I just go "YEAH!!!"

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

A Passing Story
Pure Water Adolescence
Dear My Teacher

Are you not aware of the many fetishes covered in mangas? School nurses is up there hand in hand with hospital nurses.

Hrmmm, yeah, but it's never very fetish-y in the yuri stories. It does seem as if they're portrayed not just as easier to spend some time alone with than normal teachers, but also kind of . . . less integrated into the system, somehow? In theory I guess the principal's still their boss--but their expertise is not educational, it's something different, which gives them independence, and they're not really there to make sure you get marks or whatever. In a sense they aren't even really an authority figure--it's not their job really to tell you what to do. All this maybe means they're not as implicated in the system part of whose job is to make you conform to expected gender roles?

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

A sure sign that I've read way too much yuri drama was that I was genuinely surprised that they stuck together after high school. I was really expecting the relationship not to last like most yuri manga where they get separated after graduation.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Nice nice sweet sweet cute cute happy ending :D

joined Oct 5, 2016

A sure sign that I've read way too much yuri drama was that I was genuinely surprised that they stuck together after high school. I was really expecting the relationship not to last like most yuri manga where they get separated after graduation.

It felt very purposeful in taking a lot of yuri tropes and undercutting them one by one with a specifically lesbian take.

She talks about previous same-sex crushes from a young age, and identifies herself as one of "them", instead of their romance being that standard yuri first crush where she learns about feelings in a safe penis-free space and then they graduate on to heterosexual dating.

People know she dated a girl before, and they connect that to her being gay, not just some sort of yuri schoolgirl thing not to be taken seriously. Being identified as a lesbian is something that complicates her relationship with others.

Ending specifically by saying yo, this is a real relationship that lasted, not just some schoolgirl stage. And communicating that to a younger generation of girl who herself is wondering if her own same-sex experiences are "real" or not.

joined Apr 11, 2016

I STARTED SCREAMING WHEN THEY'RE STILL TOGETHER. EIGHT YEARS. EIGHT YEARS!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It felt very purposeful in taking a lot of yuri tropes and undercutting them one by one with a specifically lesbian take.

She talks about previous same-sex crushes from a young age, and identifies herself as one of "them", instead of their romance being that standard yuri first crush where she learns about feelings in a safe penis-free space and then they graduate on to heterosexual dating.

People know she dated a girl before, and they connect that to her being gay, not just some sort of yuri schoolgirl thing not to be taken seriously. Being identified as a lesbian is something that complicates her relationship with others.

Ending specifically by saying yo, this is a real relationship that lasted, not just some schoolgirl stage. And communicating that to a younger generation of girl who herself is wondering if her own same-sex experiences are "real" or not.

There's also the follow-up story "Lover" where it's clear that their relationship isn't some idealised fairy tale thing. They argue. They have fights. Their insecurities get in the way sometimes. They make up. They stay together. Really, it's one of the most satisfying couples the author writes in so many ways.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

If you click on the author's name/link, that "Lover" comic doesn't show up. Had to search for it. FYI, since you're a mod.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If you click on the author's name/link, that "Lover" comic doesn't show up. Had to search for it. FYI, since you're a mod.

Did you click the "Secret Love" anthology? I did, and it's in there.

To reply you must either login or sign up.