Forum › The Private Report on My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness discussion

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Her life story is depressing but I think this segment of it is non-depressing. She did what she decided to do. It seems her life was almost entirely on hold once she left high school.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Koveras posted:

There was that diary thing by Nagata Kabi someone mentioned in this thread earlier... What is it, exactly?

it's something of an ongoing continuation of this book, quite literally diary entries about stuff in her life in manga form.

here: https://comic.pixiv.net/works/2308

Do you know if anyone intends to translate them?

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

I love how alot of people are putting their culture's way of expressing APS (Affectionate.Personal.Space). I can't really say I have a default way of expressing myself to others when I haven't seen them for a while or just in general. Some friends I give quick kisses on both sides of the cheek (if it's their custom) like my Spaniard grandma. Some I give a lil fist bump, others I give tight hugs and ETC. I've learned a lot about how each country and culture varies when it comes to someone's personal space, thanks to my very mixed of racial rainbow friends lol.

Ava3
joined Jun 4, 2016

Looking forward to 5th chapter.

6d773abd5093e0f04807bae3fb796be4cee752bf
joined Mar 27, 2015

I don't know what's more depressing. Her story or knowing that there are god only knows how many people out there in similar situations, but never getting brave (or desperate) enough to do something about it, waiting for the miraculous day to arrive when they will finally break free only to realize they are already on their deathbeds and life has gone fleeting by without any chance of being happy even for one last parting second.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Mogami Yuriko posted:

I don't know what's more depressing. Her story or knowing that there are god only knows how many people out there in similar situations, but never getting brave (or desperate) enough to do something about it, waiting for the miraculous day to arrive when they will finally break free only to realize they are already on their deathbeds and life has gone fleeting by without any chance of being happy even for one last parting second.

For those people, they need to find something to love... A reason to keep going, although better but harder would be to find someone to love or someone who loves them.
All You Need Is Love

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

For those people, they need to find something to love... A reason to keep going, although better but harder would be to find someone to love or someone who loves them.
All You Need Is Love

inb4 Nya-chan fervently arguing that needing love is a cultural thing and how it pisses them off when others just automatically presume that everyone needs love. XD

last edited at Oct 28, 2016 3:15AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

All You Need Is Love

inb4 Nya-chan fervently arguing that needing love is a cultural thing and how it pisses them off when others just automatically presume that everyone needs love. XD

Hugs and love are not the same thing. Don't twist my words.

I don't know if everyone needs love, but not everyone wants hugs.

joined Oct 28, 2016

Reading this manga makes me feel less lonely C: im glad that this exists

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

IT GOT LICENSED BY SEVEN SEAS

last edited at Oct 29, 2016 10:58AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Faust posted:

IT GOT LICENSED BY SEVEN SEAS

Well, I will need a copy!
BUT I still want to read ch5 as soon as possible, please...

joined Aug 27, 2015

ig' (sorry) It's licensed??? I need this so baaaad, I this is the most bizzarely relatable thing I've ever read

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I wonder how it feels to be Kabi-sensei right now. Imagine this: you've spent ten years in a rut, believing yourself to be the most worthless being on the planet, and then you write a book about it, and all of a sudden, people from across said planet throw money at their screens to get that book. :D

joined Sep 21, 2014

I wonder how it feels to be Kabi-sensei right now. Imagine this: you've spent ten years in a rut, believing yourself to be the most worthless being on the planet, and then you write a book about it, and all of a sudden, people from across said planet throw money at their screens to get that book. :D

In all honestly that's what I was thinking about too
I know that this book is dark, too dark and depressing for me tbh, but I feel so much empathy for the author, I'm so proud of her, happy for her success, I'd buy a copy more for... what it represents.for myself
I really, really want to support her

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I'm sure we all want to support her.

joined Feb 18, 2015

I am so amazed, and happy, that Seven Seas has taken the bold step of licensing this off beat, well written, heartfelt, and painfully honest story. I feel like I will have to buy it to support both the author and Seven Seas for doing something so out of the ordinary!

joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm sure we all want to support her.

I know ppl who dislike it/think it's meh ^^
To each their own, but at the very least, it's something I really want to do, regardless of what friends might think

Rnbl
joined Sep 2, 2013
joined Jun 12, 2015

Her second book is done btw.
http://comics.shogakukan.co.jp/book?isbn=9784091893208

That's great!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

As I wait for chapter 5... I found this today
An interview http://www.pixivision.net/en/a/2026

I see. What gives you inspiration?

It’s just the feelings of wanting to draw and share. I can even see bad things as happier things when drawing.

:)

last edited at Jan 1, 2017 6:11PM

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

decided to reread and now............I'm dead inside

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

As I wait for chapter 5... I found this today
An interview http://www.pixivision.net/en/a/2026

I see. What gives you inspiration?

It’s just the feelings of wanting to draw and share. I can even see bad things as happier things when drawing.

:)

The power of creative self-therapy is a real thing. It's the same as talking to a therapist, except it requires a lot more effort - but the potential payoff is also a lot larger. :-)

joined Jan 3, 2017

Fun fact: hymen are membranes like nez said, but more often than not it's just a membrane that is narrower than the rest of the vagina. Besides that there are a few other different sorts of hymen, and there are even cases where the hymen completely closes off the entrace and must be removed surgically once the girls starts menstruating. And hymens don't break. They can stretch, but is often suddenly overstreched which can result in tearing, and a bit of bleeding.

Many girls torn their hymens riding bicycles. The lack of bleeding during first virginal penetration is by itself not meaningful at all.

joined Jan 3, 2017

Even if a person has learned how to process and express love and intimacy, their ability to apply that knowledge can be disrupted or even lost via psychological trauma.

The scary thing about mental illness is that the chemical imbalance render one unable to 'process, feel and express love', no how loving and caring the family and friends are. That is why medication and counselling must go hand in hand.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

There was an announcement in Tetsu scans https://tetsu-scans.blogspot.com/ regarding episode 05 and future works, they're still working on that and in other projects, we just gotta wait.

They won't work on the sequel, but I'm glad they picked the first part... Very very glad.

To reply you must either login or sign up.