Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Sakamoto%20nichijou%20tissues-min
joined Jan 20, 2016

@Seira

Interesting to see everyone hailing from different places. :')

I'm back from my video game addiction. I guess I really do have a problem. I looked through my log one day in a two day period I logged in 40hrs. I don't leave my games open so that was pretty much all play time. I guess I rein it in one day.

How's it goin' guys?

Strange question, but to those who are willing to share:
Where are you all from? /(//∇//)\

I was born in China, grew up in the states.

Lol, out of curiosity, which games do you play? Are they primarily 1P or multiplayer? I've been playing too many games recently too. (・_・;

Currently I'm playing Guild Wars 2 (gw2) its MMORPG. Its pretty fun. I wanted to play a long time ago but my computer was crap back then. I forgot about it, then I had class with a guy who got me back into online gaming by telling me to play it.

I have a PS4 and Steam but right now I'm playing gw2.

What games do you like and or play?

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

@Seira

Interesting to see everyone hailing from different places. :')

I'm back from my video game addiction. I guess I really do have a problem. I looked through my log one day in a two day period I logged in 40hrs. I don't leave my games open so that was pretty much all play time. I guess I rein it in one day.

How's it goin' guys?

I was born in China, grew up in the states.

Lol, out of curiosity, which games do you play? Are they primarily 1P or multiplayer? I've been playing too many games recently too. (・_・;

Currently I'm playing Guild Wars 2 (gw2) its MMORPG. Its pretty fun. I wanted to play a long time ago but my computer was crap back then. I forgot about it, then I had class with a guy who got me back into online gaming by telling me to play it.

I have a PS4 and Steam but right now I'm playing gw2.

What games do you like and or play?

Ah, I lost a couple of my friends to GW2 (err, not literally). :'( I've never played it myself since I'm generally pretty wary of MMORPGs and how P2W they usually are (although, that's not to say all of them are).

I don't own any consoles, but I usually spend my time playing CS:GO, visual novels, SNES games (with an emulator) and whatever is cheap on Steam. I'm currently getting into playing Civ 5 and I'm just starting out with GTA V.

I like FPS games, but I suck at them. (^O^☆♪

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

Really low chance that Obama does anything for Snowden. Manning didn't get a pardon, but just had her sentence commuted. Obama could give a pardon, but he didn't. No chance Snowden gets a pardon if Manning got commuted. Manning served time, and Snowden has not. That is I think their official argument.

Just a joke mate not trying to cause any serious discussions

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

I was born and raised in the land of jazz, soul food, decadence and Voodoo,New Orleans

last edited at Jan 19, 2017 12:50AM

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Neko chan

How are you holding up, shorty? ;)

Viloin teacher was a bit annoying today ಠ_ಠ I dont know when he will relise that he doesn't need to grab the violin out of my hands every 5 seconds to demonstrate how great he is at playing violin, maybe let me just learn the notes instead \ᇂ_ᇂ\

That guy sounds like a real narcissist ^^
Next time he does that just put on an act and pretend to admire him, saying: “Wow, you're so awesome! I wish, I'll be at least half as good as you one day (๑°o°๑) And now give me my fucking violin back or I'll never get there!” ;)

yeah I guess its more that, ahah you hit the nail. Its always like, Its fine I don't need much time on this because I don't really want to waste time doing it. I'd rather doing something fun or enjoyable I WANT. but i guess my special technique would just be drinking red-bull and doing it until the last second XD it works soooooo O3O ~

As long as it works for you, all's good.

naaaahhh she's too busy, i only see her once a week QwQ

(ó.ò)

woooooow, That reminds me of stranger things Anon ! @A@

^_^ b It sure does! Sounds like fun but I never played any of those role playing games either.

aahhh that I also get! i drink quite a lot of coke zero and redbull so im pretty sure my body is used to the rush! ;w; so when i actully need energy at night to work i usually tend to drink about 5 to 6 redbulls! X_X Anon knows XD

… me knows... (¬‿¬)
(◦’ںˉ◦)v

@ Nevri

I listened to the Attack on Titan soundtrack you linked and I still love it. Especially like the tracks that have this lingering creepy feeling or the one's that imply “this is it, the end is here” ^^
Don't remember the names since I didn't bother to check. But I can, if you want me to.

We are currently on 12 volume, 50 chapter was the last.

Uh, great chapter. So much action and great drama and epic moments for many characters.
Still 39 more chapters currently out there... And many more mind blowing developments. ^^b

It is clear author didn't want anime to be turned into another money grab and wanted for it to be made with the same care he puts into his manga. I don't know if you know this, but originally he went to shounen jump to publish it, but he was rejected. They told him the art was too dark and ugly and there was too much dark stuff, so he was supposed to make it more friendly and, well, more shounen like in general. But he refused and kept on looking for different publishers until he found the one that accepted his idea. It just shows how much he don't like bending his vision to other peoples whims and since series become such a hit despite its art style and dark themes, we can safely say that he made a right choice.

Ha! No I didn't know. I mostly focused on the manga and its story and not so much on the background info. But that's really impressive. If he had given in, Attack on Titan might have turned into another shallow shounen story but his stubbornness gave the readers something truly different and stunning.
Really admirable.

Finished listening to Silent Hill soundtrack and it was good as well ;3

^^ There was a time when I used to listen to it whenever I went to bed ;) True story. Funnily enough, I never had any nightmares while doing that. But sometimes I woke up with a slightly claustrophobic feeling inside... ;) I wonder why? (^∇^)

never played any game (watched both movies with friend that was fan of games so she told me everything that was wrong with them) but I heard it can be pretty troll-ly at times. I still can't believe not only there is so many ending, but one of them is that dog did it XD

Love Silent Hill in general. But the second game was one of the most impressive things I've ever experienced in all my life. Hard to describe it but it's truly epic.
It's a special kind of horror. It's not really there to scare you primarily. But it's a story of guilt and regret. This feeling that haunts you, when you know you did something you shouldn't have and would like to be able to turn back time. The kind of things you can never come back from. It's a story about human nature and a troubled mind that comes so close to perfection that it will never let you go again.
I think I nearly played it 20 times. Stopped counting at one point.
The movies don't even come close. They're missing all the heart of that story. It's a mix and mash of several Silent Hill games and not really worth mentioning apart from the nice visual effects sometimes...

That dog ending... well... if you managed to get that one while playing the game the first time... that really must have sucked! ^^
There's also an alien ending ;) Just as good ^^
And here's the best Silent Hill song ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_eOpM7qQHo
(^∇^)

And I'm back to writing walls of text T__T

It's a virus! ;) And it's spreading! (゚Д゚)

@ SF

I haven't heard that song before. But I'm definitely glad I've listened to it now ;)
These song recommendations people are sharing out are just to good, Ya'll have awesome taste's in music

One of my favorite Yoko Kanno songs. Generally love most tracks from the Cowboy Bebop or Ghost in the Shell soundtrack. Glad that you like it as well d (^‿^✿)
The story of my life, unfortunately...

Also, Here's my favorite music video of all time - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxqdMxgt_08)

T_T Neko chan wasn't the only one with tears in her eyes while watching that video... (ó﹏ò。)

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Hell

Anyone know the best way to combat illness and boredom? |( ̄3 ̄)|

Fight me, Seira (ง •̀_•́)ง

Just popped in to say wtf, you changed your avatar.

omg I thought the same, I probs stared at Nez's avi for like, 2 minutes, before moving on with my life

last edited at Jan 19, 2017 9:27AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

omg I thought the same, I probs stared at Nez's avi for like, 2 minutes, before moving on with my life

"And if thou gaze long unto mine avatar, the avatar will also gaze into thee."

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It'll also eat all your bread. So watch it!

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Nez changing her avi, what even is life... I'm going to have to find her old one, print it and cremate it.

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ ZuljinRaynor

I have like one western figure. It's my least favorite, haha. Like those are cool, but I find the face kinda uncanny valley looking.

(^∇^)
Yeah, well, it's a matter of taste.

That's how most western action figures look like to me. I have some Medicom action figures.
http://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/prod/dt/1/170/8173.html
http://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/prod/dt/1/170/7946.html
They look really nice but they are hard to pose so I just have them standing on one of my shelves in a boring position. Also one of Mari's pig tails or whatever broke the first day I had it so I had to glue it back. I just stick to Nendoroids and figmas now.

Heheh true, unfortunately... Medicom is the worst manufacturer out there. Always breaks so easily. That's why many collectors avoid them. I'm not too fond of them either.

@ Katze

Yo? Our exchange of words has hit the low point of a single "Yo!" ? Alright then shakes head

^_^ I thought a short message was better than none ;)
Didn't have the time for wall posts yesterday...

... You are playing me, aren't you?

I'd have to get you to be able do that... Totally impossible for me! (◦’ںˉ◦)

So... what's up? Any good news regarding your work out?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez changing her avi, what even is life... I'm going to have to find her old one, print it and cremate it.

See, I knew there'd be riots. But the power of Tima art is too much for me to resist!

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

See, I knew there'd be riots.

The London riots will look like a six quiet kids in a ball pool by comparison.

last edited at Jan 19, 2017 12:35PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

@Anon

Heheh true, unfortunately... Medicom is the worst manufacturer out there. Always breaks so easily. That's why many collectors avoid them. I'm not too fond of them either.

I knew it was a risky buy, but I liked how they looked haha

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You will always divide your life into two phases, before and after you saw my new AV.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Anon

^_^ I thought a short message was better than none ;> Didn't have the time for wall posts yesterday...

Well.. sorta but then the conversation is forever gone cos there's not a reply to the stuff being said previously... I think that's worse :P

I'd have to get you to be able do that... Totally impossible for me! (◦’ںˉ◦)

tilts head Huh? why is that so impossible??

So... what's up? Any good news regarding your work out?

No, it'll be till tomorrow, gym was packed yesterday, I had to wait a bit for equipment grrrrrrrr. But mirror say I look O.K. let's see what measurements say >_< I dread those, I try to get them done as little as possible but also must know what's going on sighs and there's people not caring about anything in the world and eating cake for breakfast and dinner oh well

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

and there's people not caring about anything in the world and eating cake for breakfast and dinner oh well

This world is so unfair!!... and I haven't eaten almost anything sweet( except a few sweets I couldn't say 'no' ), and almost no bread for 4 months.. cry bitterly

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ ZuljinRaynor

I knew it was a risky buy, but I liked how they looked haha

Same... (╯•ω•╰) I have Kaneda from Akira, just because he looked so neat. I was always super careful when posing him. Now he too spends his life in a box...

@ Katze

Well.. sorta but then the conversation is forever gone cos there's not a reply to the stuff being said previously... I think that's worse :P

^^ You do get attached after all, huh ? ;)
You weren't exactly talkative in your last reply. Was kinda unsure how to respond to stuff like “hmmmm”, “Boooo ok”, “Meow“ and “Pffggf“ ⊂( ̄(エ) ̄)⊃
;) I need a little more to work with ~~・-v(▼、▼メ)

tilts head Huh? why is that so impossible??

Impossible for me. I'm just too inept ;)

No, it'll be till tomorrow, gym was packed yesterday

They really like to torture you, it seems...

and there's people not caring about anything in the world and eating cake for breakfast and dinner oh well

(๑ò︵ò๑) That was totally not me today... Absolutely, I did not eat any cake for breakfast, I swear!
(,,Ծ‸Ծ,, )

@ Blackkitty

This world is so unfair!!... and I haven't eaten almost anything sweet( except a few sweets I couldn't say 'no' ), and almost no bread for 4 months.. cry bitterly

Can a body even function properly without any sugar...? (๑°o°๑)

I wonder who gave you those sweets you couldn't say no to... (¬‿¬)

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Hell

believable.
dirty sinner

Anyone know the best way to combat illness and boredom? |( ̄3 ̄)|

Fight me, Seira (ง •̀_•́)ง

can't be seen with you until you upgrade that phone sry

did you actually waste 120 seconds of your life staring at nez's new avatar

joined Sep 21, 2014

believable.
dirty sinner

hidoi (。•́︿•̀。)

I will beat you with this phone

I spent 3 hours on a fucking email I can waste time doing anything

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

As long as it's not an oldschool Nokia.

You drop an iPhone, you break the screen. You drop a Nokia, you break the floor!

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

believable.
dirty sinner

hidoi (。•́︿•̀。)

whatevs ¯_(・ᴗ・)_/¯

keeping the phone u have in mind doesnt this qualify as a death threat
Nezchan ban pls ???¿?!

I spent 3 hours on a fucking email I can waste time doing anything

y dont u waste ur time txting me anymore sigh(−_−;)

last edited at Jan 19, 2017 4:05PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@ Anon

Can a body even function properly without any sugar...? (๑°o°๑)

Just proper honey sugar, and well, a bit of fatigue won't kill me... I hope....
But I feel lighter at least... ^_^

I wonder who gave you those sweets you couldn't say no to... (¬‿¬)

hmm... Let me be a good cat lady and keep my sweet secrets to myself ^^ ... if you are dying out of curiosity... well, I guess it's safe to call him Santa ;)

last edited at Jan 19, 2017 4:11PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

idk I like sleep more than I like ppl sometimes

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

idk I like sleep more than I like ppl sometimes

feelsbadman ( ;´Д`)

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Anon

^^ You do get attached after all, huh ? ;)
You weren't exactly talkative in your last reply. Was kinda unsure how to respond to stuff like “hmmmm”, “Boooo ok”, “Meow“ and “Pffggf“ ⊂( ̄(エ) ̄)⊃
;) I need a little more to work with ~~・-v(▼、▼メ)

It's not getting attached, I sorta like consistency, oh those hmmm boo pfff are my angry sounds, I was pissed off AF, so yeah nothing too good to work with there huh?

Impossible for me. I'm just too inept ;)

You know? You kinda set urself for failure when u think like that !! I am not saying if u close your eyes and wish reaaally hard, things will happen BUT if you believe in you, many crazy ass things will happen. It's what I wanna think anyway and that makes it true for me, you may as well ignore it and call me a crazy person.

No, it'll be till tomorrow, gym was packed yesterday

They really like to torture you, it seems...

Nah, it's ok, except for newbies just standing there, and I'm like OMG MOVE I NEED THIS DUMBELL RGYRGRYGRY. Just quietly, I curse under my breath, then I'm all happy cos endorphines ;)

(๑ò︵ò๑) That was totally not me today... Absolutely, I did not eat any cake for breakfast, I swear!
(,,Ծ‸Ծ,, )

... I can't tell if you did eat or did not eat such cake, I mean it's fine, but I got a food scale for crying out loud, to weigh all I eat and some people will just go and have cake and look okish. I gotta try hard, but it's ok cos... I dunno, to be honest I'm curious, about how is it to be super hot.

Tonari no Robot!!! was the manga I wanted to recommend to you!! agh finally remembered the name!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.