Forum › Anime season

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I'm watching Little witch academia, heck! I'm telling other people to watch it.
I just...well haven't had much time for research because life sucks, etc Anyway! I'll try those 2 first, then any non-het that I can find-oh yeah Gintama is on again...I may watch that too.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Youjo senki is definitely fun to watch, but I could use a bit more consistent character design...

The main character look like half-human half-beast at a time.

Why don't they just go with full moe character design. Moe killer loli certainly has more impacts

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

risingstar3110 posted:

Youjo senki is definitely fun to watch, but I could use a bit more consistent character design...

Why don't they just go with full moe character design. Moe killer loli certainly has more impacts

they fucked up the balance in the anime, but the novel...

At the point that, at first I wasn't going to watch the anime because of how weird they made her there

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

risingstar3110 posted:

they fucked up the balance in the anime, but the novel...

(http://id.animepo.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2016/11/youjou-senki.jpg)
(https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OgQGyY_C5vM/V6_2Npz-dHI/AAAAAAAAKIM/RvS_7ZoeBhkp-GC_EkXUy_u-m5DbRoCPgCLcB/s1600/youjo_senki_anime.png)

At the point that, at first I wasn't going to watch the anime because of how weird they made her there

omg the last pic, she looks so cool, i love it and im disappointed in the anime design TTvTT

joined Mar 23, 2013

I recommend the LN/Manga because we get to see more about Tanya's train of thought and how the actions are perceived by others compared to what the intent actually was.

It's definitely much more wild inside Tanya's head, hard to fit everything in.

last edited at Jan 19, 2017 10:08AM

joined Feb 15, 2013

Awww... the anime really messed up Tanya design there...

last edited at Jan 19, 2017 2:27PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Maid Dragon 02 was awesome, again letting us know that we're talking about real love, is also funny and surprising we have great action scenes too X)! on the other hand, KonoSuba 02 it's even funnier than the first season, I'm going to read Megumin's manga now to know about her rival and sister (she got her own spinoff!!).

I'm not watching Gintama, I like to watch packs of 8 or 12 episodes just like dragon ball... Watching shonnen week by week is really tiring

last edited at Jan 19, 2017 5:03PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Maid Dragon 02 was awesome, again letting us know that we're talking about real love, is also funny and surprising we have great action scenes too X)! on the other hand, KonoSuba 02 it's even funnier than the first season, I'm going to read Megumin's manga now to know about her rival and sister (she got her own spinoff!!).

I'm not watching Gintama, I like to watch packs of 8 or 12 episodes just like dragon ball... Watching shonnen week by week is really tiring

HEY SERENATA
I LOW KEY WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND

WON'T YOU BE MY FRIEND :(

joined Sep 21, 2014

HEY SERENATA
I LOW KEY WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND

WON'T YOU BE MY FRIEND :(

HEY ME TOO, BE MY FRIEND SERENATA

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wha- http://i.imgur.com/aEEZ9fh.jpg ... eeeh? how come?

It makes me happy but I'm what you would call a socially awkward person, I lack basic interpersonal skills... So the few friends who I keep contact online communicate with me through letters (like, you leave a message in my profiles or pm and I'll respond in due time and that can be several days), direct chat doesn't work with me (my mind goes blank). I doubt that would make a good friend... I'm not sure why my friends keep up with me.

... That being said, if you still want to tell me something you can't say here, you can write me in tumblr (dashaheadart) hopefully I won't answer like a robot sigh

last edited at Jan 19, 2017 6:39PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Wha- http://i.imgur.com/aEEZ9fh.jpg ... eeeh? how come?

It makes me happy but I'm what you would call a socially awkward person, I lack basic interpersonal skills... So the few friends who I keep contact online communicate with me through letters (like, you leave a message in my profiles or pm and I'll respond in due time and that can be several days), direct chat doesn't work with me (my mind goes blank). I doubt that would make a good friend... I'm not sure why my friends keep up with me.

... That being said, if you still want to tell me something you can't say here, you can write me in tumblr (dashaheadart) hopefully I won't answer like a robot sigh

WE LOVE YOU. (^O^☆♪

Is that your Tumblr or a jumble of letters LOL (I'm out right now and not in a position to check for myself!)

FRIENDSHIP IS A TWO-WAY STREET, so as long as you're willing to keep it up, so am I ( ;´Д`) <3

joined Feb 15, 2013

You three! Go get a room!!

We have more important things to discuss here. Like who we should ship Urara with!!!

last edited at Jan 19, 2017 7:20PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

WE LOVE YOU. (^O^☆♪

Is that your Tumblr or a jumble of letters LOL (I'm out right now and not in a position to check for myself!)

FRIENDSHIP IS A TWO-WAY STREET, so as long as you're willing to keep it up, so am I ( ;´Д`) <3

DUDE OMG SERENATA SOUNDS REALLY CUTE
ALSO IT IS HER TUMBLR, SHE DRAWS STUFF ITS NICE

You three! Go get a room!!

But Serenata isn't cool with chatting apparently, we can't make a group chat (。•́︿•̀。)
(omg Serenata, come talk to us in the cafe thread maybe, would that be less stressful :0)

We have more important things to discuss here. Like who we should ship Urara with!!!

btw I don't know either and it does conflict me as well ;___;

last edited at Jan 19, 2017 7:28PM

Swap!-min-min
joined Jan 13, 2017

It pains me to break up the friendship chain, but I'd like to note that Kuzu no Honkai has started its yuri development slightly ahead of schedule!

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

It pains me to break up the friendship chain, but I'd like to note that Kuzu no Honkai has started its yuri development slightly ahead of schedule!

LOL that's okay.

I'm actually really salty about Kuzu no Honkai ever since I read the most recent chapters.

joined Feb 15, 2013

There is yuri in Kuzu no Honkai?

Is it proper serious yuri? Or just "side lesbian yandere, appear in Ep 3, 9 and ova 2" yuri

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

risingstar3110 posted:

Is it proper serious yuri? Or just "side lesbian yandere, appear in Ep 3, 9 and ova 2" yuri

It is het with 1 girl falling for mc at some point. Don't read so don't know details.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

risingstar3110 posted:

It is het with 1 girl falling for mc at some point. Don't read so don't know details.

there is yuri, 44 chapters on-going, only read the lastest (in reverse order cuz i don't feel like going from ch1). Some stuff happens, erm, sorta. they kinda say they love each other before the MC moves away(? maybe was there to visit??? did not bother with reading before it). I would not really expect it to end yuri. Multiple characters and multiple love triangles, its a QQ-sobby-face melodramatic soap opera.

last edited at Jan 19, 2017 9:41PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Ergh, for people that like spoilers about Kuzu no Honkai (regarding Ecchan and Hanabi):

To be honest, I'm not quite clear on the main story, but I believe Hanabi had her heart basically broken by her real love (sensei) and Mugi. The side story between Ecchan and Hanabi basically starts with Ecchan taking advantage of Hanabi's vulnerable state to mend her broken heart. They get it on, but both girls know perfectly well their relationship isn't stable and won't stay because Hanabi doesn't love Ecchan the way she loves her.

The two girls go on some sort of vacation where Ecchan's cousin is staying (and he's hinted to be romantically attracted to Ecchan, but he's a good guy and knows she likes Hanabi), where Ecchan is determined to shut things down because at this point, Hanabi isn't openly accepting the fact that their relationship is not meant to be. Ecchan takes the opportunity to enjoy their last moments together because she knows after this experience, they won't be able to go back to being best friends.

However, Hanabi tries to push the relationship a bit further, but we see it's most likely not out of true love - whatever it is, they're just not on the same page. Ecchan decides she can't take it further and they have an argument under the rain, where Ecchan tries to sever the ties between them. Hanabi desperately tries to remain as friends, but Ecchan is having none of it, telling Hanabi that it's too painful for her. They apologize over the one-night stand, where Ecchan believes herself to be a scumbag for taking advantage of Hanabi, whereas Hanabi is equally disappointed in herself for letting it happen despite being fully aware of where Ecchan's feelings lie.

After more bickering, Ecchan sees in Hanabi's eyes that she is truly not willing to let Ecchan go as a best friend (because she doesn't want Ecchan to be lonely), so I believe they decide here that it's for the best if they remain distant from one another for a while until the dust settles. They do love each other, but it's clearly too vague to determine where their current relationship stands. Most likely, they will return to their "best friends" status, but it's possible that they'll never talk to each other again. The least likely to happen, imo, is them getting together, but I guess it's not impossible either. In any case, Ecchan hints here that she may consider opening up to her cousin more, sooo...

Perfect_human
joined Jan 16, 2017

I refused to watch any more of Kuzu no Honkai after the first episode, not because it's bad in any way, but because that bedroom scene gave me netorare vibes(even though it wasn't really the case), and I feel I am too weak to watch the rest of the story. However I have to thank you guys for mentioning that there is yuri in this, I'm definitely going to buckle up and push on for the yuri scenes, even if they end up brief. What a shame this isn't gonna be full yuri though~ it's got some nice art.

joined Mar 11, 2016

I ship Urara x Kon all the way. They have good chemistry and are cute together.

I liked kuzu no honkai (manga) because it gave Ecchan a proper chance to make her love happen, and neither used it as a bait nor brushed it off as a phase. Or ignored it/her for being strange. It did justice with her as a character Unlike other mangas (Nijiiro Days for instance) where yuri characters (and their feelings) don't get developed at all.

So I was very pleased when it took Ecchan's crush seriously and set out whole chapters to develop her relationship with her love interest and developing her as a character eventually.

I am hoping for the anime to change the hetronormative view and : LET IT BE KNOWN THAT GIRLS CAN BE LOVE INTEREST TO OTHER GIRLS.

last edited at Jan 20, 2017 1:39AM

joined Oct 5, 2016

One thing that is interesting with KnH is that
Despite Ecchan's kind of crappy ending later (although the manga's not finished yet, so maybe we'll see her again), Hanabi does find that she really likes having sex with Ecchan. She even thinks about how it feels better than when she's with Mugi, the male lead. Hanabi definitely comes across as finding out that she's bi, at least to me. It certainly goes faaar beyond any sort of mere yuri schoolgirl kissing.

So their breakup isn't because they're not sexually compatible, kind of the opposite - it's because in the end Hanabi is still not in love with her, she's just using her friend for sex, to feel desired and wanted, and she feels shitty doing that to someone she does care about, if not romantically. As far as who (if anyone) she actually ends up with, who knows, Hanabi is kinda fucked up.

last edited at Jan 20, 2017 1:43AM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

One thing that is interesting with KnH is that
Despite Ecchan's kind of crappy ending later (although the manga's not finished yet, so maybe we'll see her again), Hanabi does find that she really likes having sex with Ecchan. She even thinks about how it feels better than when she's with Mugi, the male lead. Hanabi definitely comes across as finding out that she's bi, at least to me. It certainly goes faaar beyond any sort of mere yuri schoolgirl kissing.

So their breakup isn't because they're not sexually compatible, kind of the opposite - it's because in the end Hanabi is still not in love with her, she's just using her friend for sex, to feel desired and wanted, and she feels shitty doing that to someone she does care about, if not romantically. As far as who (if anyone) she actually ends up with, who knows, Hanabi is kinda fucked up.

In the end (manga spoilers), they're all scum, LOL. Hanabi used Ecchan for the sex, Ecchan took advantage of Hanabi while she was vulnerable, Mugi doesn't reciprocate the feelings of those other girls and just wants Akane, Akane for obvious reasons and Kanai's famous last words: "lmfao it's k if you cheat on me"

last edited at Jan 20, 2017 2:47AM

joined Mar 11, 2016

^ Agree with the both of you. :D
Especially what Doctor said. It was really a sweet scene. The reply Ecchan gave was also sweet. I am hoping they include these bits and don't leave them out.
I am just content that the manga gave Ecchan and her feelings their due attention, disregarding the outcome.

@Seira
That cheating thing is not good at all and should not be taken seriously. Almost all who commented (at the site I am reading this manga) were displeased about the resolution of those two's problem.

Are any of you watching Idol Jihen? Its ep 2 was fun to watch.

I am wondering whether to take these as more than platonic or not.

last edited at Jan 20, 2017 8:18AM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Are any of you watching Idol Jihen? Its ep 2 was fun to watch.

I am! It's pretty fun.

To reply you must either login or sign up.