Forum › Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon discussion

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Arm wrestle with right hand. End up with broken left hand.

It was that rough.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Someone posted this snippet

Any ideas where it's from? I'm looking and can't seem to find/remember it

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Someone posted this snippet

I am like 99% sure that this hasn't happened yet in the translated chapters... curious to see what the hell's going on here though when it does get translated... or maybe it's in that Kanna spinoff if that already released.

joined Jun 22, 2016

IM SO HYPED FOR THE ANIME.....
EVEN BETTER,ITS BY KYOANI....
*screams
*dead

Nlridingaa
joined Aug 15, 2016

I just watched the first episode of the anime, it was fun, I lauged a lot. They wisely(IMO) took some adaptive freedoms with the material, but that was part of the fun.

joined Apr 30, 2014

Bribe ftw (literally)

Profile_picture_by_theyurireviewer-d5lqbnw_(4)
joined Mar 24, 2013

The anime will never be extensive enough i feel but it will do it justice
I'm also worried they won't include Iruru in the anime. She's beautiful; don't skimp on her!

last edited at Jan 20, 2017 12:12PM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Finally watched the premiere! I'm disappointed that they got rid of the "TRAINS CAN'T BREATHE FIRE" part, but it was a very solid first episode. Looking forward to the rest!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I watched the first two episodes and it's quite good. The animation is very smooth and Tohru and Kanna are adorable.

And Fafnir..... 殺す

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

I'm also worried they won't include Iruru in the anime. She's beautiful; don't skimp on her!

I think that volume was released a bit close to the anime launch, maybe she'll show up in one of the last episodes.

I'm disappointed that they got rid of the "TRAINS CAN'T BREATHE FIRE" part,

I know, right? At least the scene of Tooru and Kanna playing was cool (heh).

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The anime has decidedly a more heartwarming-family feeling than the manga.

In ep3, they are like a couple moving after having a child and then having a housewarming party with their friends.

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

Since the anime begun, part of me was just waiting for this part, and it finally (since anime is shuffling chapters) happened in episode 4 (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧

Divalshfgd_400x400
joined Jan 18, 2017

So now we have dragon yuri, dinosaur yuri, ghost yuri, alien yuri, vampire yuri, mermaid yuri...am I missing anything?

Fairy yuri?

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

So now we have dragon yuri, dinosaur yuri, ghost yuri, alien yuri, vampire yuri, mermaid yuri...am I missing anything?

Fairy yuri?

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kichiku_yousei

joined Sep 25, 2015

New scans on /a/ shows that Iruru gets a new male interest. :v

last edited at Feb 5, 2017 10:15AM by Nezchan

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Given the handful of scans that were shown, it seems to be a case of selective trolling (ie. picking out specific pages to invoke reactions without full context). There doesn't appear to be much reaction from Iruru's end, and the male's character design doesn't exactly scream "recurring character" anyway.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

/a/ loves trolling /u/ though

last edited at Feb 6, 2017 12:04AM

joined Sep 25, 2015

/a/ loves trolling /u/ though

Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Wherever there is yuri, there is /a/ trying too hard to turn it into het. So I wouldn't take that as a reliable source before actually seeing it.

The show has turned way better than I imagined. It's a nice comedy show with Yuri. Not yuri with comedy, which honestly I like more. Since the Yuri tropes get to become repetitive after dome point.
I generally don't find the trying too hard comedy funny. Like the ones where characters scream and make weird expressions. But this one is neat.

last edited at Feb 6, 2017 8:01AM

Nlridingaa
joined Aug 15, 2016

I think the anime adaptaion is great so far, it's so cute and heartwarming. Not quite what I was expecting, which is nice.
It's also fun to see how much they have improved apon the art(don't get me wrong, I like coolkyo a lot), it's still a bit odd to me how Tohru looks, she's hmm... a bit more filled out or something, not really anything wrong with that though.

joined Apr 30, 2014

Started watching episode 6 - It's missing Tooru's scream after entering the maid-otaku room.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Episode 6 was awesome !

The visit at Saikawa's place was great, though a bit sad we couldn't hear Saikawa's "aaaw yeah !!!" when Kanna topped her, but the whole thing was pretty faithful to the manga and they did keep Kanna's ambiguous sentence at the end. The part with Fafnir felt like an addition for the anime, but it was pretty interesting and amusing to see how far he fell to the otaku side. XD

Kyoani is really doing a great job on that one.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That was the gayest possible interaction between Kanna and Saikawa ever. They are even gayer than Tohru and Kobayashi.

Too bad they are so young.

Ririka Kirishima
Julia%20what
joined Feb 16, 2017

Someone posted this snippet ![]

it's from chapter 45, in which Saikawa, Kanna and Iruru plays cards- looks like she lost in purpose so she can rub both dragons' tummy as punishment

Raws (up to vol 5) and anthology vol 1 is available at nyaa

last edited at Feb 17, 2017 12:00AM

joined Sep 19, 2015

They played chapter 29 very straight. Straight, as in, they left out a lot of the humor in facial expressions and reactions. Also straight in the sense that they made it much more deliberately gay. The background music for the whole sequence seemed like an odd choice, though, and some of the funniest moments in the series were lost in their interpretation.

This might be the first time the show's disappointed me at all - the rest of it's been quite solid. Lose a unique visual style and a lot of expressiveness in exchange for looking generically good. Better than average trade when it comes to adaptations.

To reply you must either login or sign up.