Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

9bdd23b1-1e6c-4540-bdac-7a7a8d9c3658
joined Jan 19, 2014

Bad visual memory..well I don't like looking at people in the eyes... that'd make fur a very awkward moment :B

Then you would have hated my drama class looooool, legit two days ago we had an exercise where we had to split up into pairs and then sit opposite each other and stare into each others eyes for about 10 mins strate, no overting eye contact O-O it was so we could learn not you can read people's emotions not only through their face but just through their eyes, your eyes tell a story you see~
I also realised how much people actually overt eye contact in real life! And even though my school has pretty confident people (cos they are actors and dancers) when we talk we always have to look away for a second and then meet eyes against cos it's awkward XD

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Bad visual memory..well I don't like looking at people in the eyes... that'd make fur a very awkward moment :B

Then you would have hated my drama class looooool, legit two days ago we had an exercise where we had to split up into pairs and then sit opposite each other and stare into each others eyes for about 10 mins strate, no overting eye contact O-O it was so we could learn not you can read people's emotions not only through their face but just through their eyes, your eyes tell a story you see~
I also realised how much people actually overt eye contact in real life! And even though my school has pretty confident people (cos they are actors and dancers) when we talk we always have to look away for a second and then meet eyes against cos it's awkward XD

...Oh that spells DEATH for me, I absolutely would refuse xD then again I'd never try to act lol, I can talk to people kinda ok just not, that soul gazing stare..a few glances will have to do :P
Plus I can't read emotions for sh1t, unless the other person is like literally crying, I am oblivious..hmm guess that's why I don't go out that much..or do people's things.. is enlightened

joined Jan 19, 2014

Ok so I have already told thia but prepare yourselves for a rant guys:

OMFG MY BEST FRIEND DID AN ANIMEATION FOR MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! ONLY FOR ME!!!! basically right right basically! I'm so so so in love with this one pair like I have loved them since I was probably 11 or something and they are so amazing and they make my soul melt and I want to die when I see them and I draw fan art with them a lot and AAAAAAAAAA!!! I love them a lot soososososososososoossoosososososososos muuuuuuuuuuuccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. And so I never thought she would actually do it but she did this short 14 second animation for me and it's so funny and just perfect XD
I honestly have no clue why I fell in love with these two so much but I have always loved them. My best friend even made me a tshirt of them as a birthday present! It looks amazing and I wear it to bed everyday as pjs, so yeah as you can see I'm obsessed, like, when it's like a couple like maki nico or idk cocona and papika I'm usually like "aaaaaaweewe this pair is the cutest in the world aaaaaa I love it so much >w<"....and then when it's these two I'm literally like "OOOOOOPMFG BLESS ALAHA AND JESUS I CANT BREATH AHDJEJS I LOVE THEM SO MUCH SHOOT ME"....so yeah! XD

and finally, here's the animation itself

joined Apr 27, 2014

Ok so I have already told thia but prepare yourselves for a rant guys:

OMFG MY BEST FRIEND DID AN ANIMEATION FOR MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! ONLY FOR ME!!!! basically right right basically! I'm so so so in love with this one pair like I have loved them since I was probably 11 or something and they are so amazing and they make my soul melt and I want to die when I see them and I draw fan art with them a lot and AAAAAAAAAA!!! I love them a lot soososososososososoossoosososososososos muuuuuuuuuuuccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. And so I never thought she would actually do it but she did this short 14 second animation for me and it's so funny and just perfect XD
I honestly have no clue why I fell in love with these two so much but I have always loved them. My best friend even made me a tshirt of them as a birthday present! It looks amazing and I wear it to bed everyday as pjs, so yeah as you can see I'm obsessed, like, when it's like a couple like maki nico or idk cocona and papika I'm usually like "aaaaaaweewe this pair is the cutest in the world aaaaaa I love it so much >w<"....and then when it's these two I'm literally like "OOOOOOPMFG BLESS ALAHA AND JESUS I CANT BREATH AHDJEJS I LOVE THEM SO MUCH SHOOT ME"....so yeah! XD

and finally, here's the animation itself

I love them, I loved the animation, very very nice, thanks for sharing!!!

joined Jan 19, 2014

...Oh that spells DEATH for me, I absolutely would refuse xD then again I'd never try to act lol, I can talk to people kinda ok just not, that soul gazing stare..a few glances will have to do :P
Plus I can't read emotions for sh1t, unless the other person is like literally crying, I am oblivious..hmm guess that's why I don't go out that much..or do people's things.. is enlightened

Ahah that's totally fine :D i love to chill a lot too and jus not go out, bu then I also have a crazy side which is just like "giiiiirrrrl we gonna party all day all night" ahahahah, but yeah eye contact can be super akaward at times O-o. Also about reading people's emotions, well your not alone, it can be pretty hard to understand people without them actually saying it aha, though through acting I learned to really study and analyse people's emotions more so like a book, and then apply it to my own acting to make it well...truthful.

I love them, I loved the animation, very very nice, thanks for sharing!!!

I know right!!! Do you know who they are right? XD it's ice queen and Fionna from the gender bender episodes of adventures time lol, like everything about them is perfect to me, I LOVE when enemies fall in love. I LOVE age gaps! And I LOOOVEE them to death basically XD

last edited at Jan 12, 2017 3:15PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

It's being mentioned a lot that most parts of the movie must have been a dream. And I'm inclined to agree but... it's a David Lynch film we are talking about... So... there must be more than just the obvious... and I'm pretty sure that it was made in a way that there can be no final answer to all the questions...
He once said that he's into horror originating in the unknown so he probably just wants some things to stay unanswered... some things to not make sense, to leave loose ends behind, to keep people guessing...

Yes, David Lynch's cinema leaves a big part to the viewer's interpretation. What I stated was just my own perception of the movie, even if there are some points a lot of cinephiles agree with. There will always be unanswered questions and you'd always have to figure out the meaning of some details by yourself. Again, rather than trying to understand it, I believe one should in the first place contemplate and feel the concerned Lynch's movie, and in this case, Mulholland Drive.

And there's also another important fact about that movie that a lot of folks seem to forget about...

Go ahead.

But… before I add my two cents about Mulholland Drive here, I have two more questions for you:

What does the box represent for you?
And care to explain further how “love triumphed over hatred” exactly...?
That's just me being curious again ^^

The blue box symbolically represents Diane's demise, more precisely when she opens it. When Diane asks Joe about the utility of the key, he answers by laughing, its only purpose is to confirm that the contract has been executed. Which is why it's empty. Only remains the void Camilla vanished into, and where Diana is going to disappear too.
This box is probably one of the details whose signification is nearly entirely left to our interpretation; I've read that it could also be Diana real life's jewel box, which makes sense since, in psychoanalysis, a jewel box, and on more globale scale any "containing" object symbolizes female.

As for the "love triumphed over hatred", it's the feeling the end gave me off. Like I said, even if Diana went insane and caused Camilla's death, her absence still hurts her more than her betrayal, and since she can't stand the death of her beloved, she decided to follow her, and thus to kill herself. Diana's love for Camille is too strong she can't even run away from her guilt in her dream, that's how much she loves her. So, even if it's like a tragedy, her love remains stronger than her hatred. And that's why I consider her suicide as her salvation and as- if not a happy one, a really beautiful ending.

So, it's your turn to add yout two-cents now :P

joined Apr 27, 2014

Ahah that's totally fine :D i love to chill a lot too and jus not go out, bu then I also have a crazy side which is just like "giiiiirrrrl we gonna party all day all night" ahahahah, but yeah eye contact can be super akaward at times O-o. Also about reading people's emotions, well your not alone, it can be pretty hard to understand people without them actually saying it aha, though through acting I learned to really study and analyse people's emotions more so like a book, and then apply it to my own acting to make it well...truthful.

You look like prrrrty time, yes I can see how acting can help people with stuff like reading emotions, I have 0 interest in such interactions, besides hmm, well if I'm dating someone..but that's why I like girls who are freaking open and like to talk about their feelings and stuff... so yeah, are you aiming to be like a theatre actress or a big movie name? I'm asking seriously :)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Utoptia posted:

This is fairly irrelevant to the actual topic at hand but: This should stand double if your friends are the ones doing the bullying as well. I had an issue with that back in highschool with my group of friends. Despite the fact most of them had been bullied throughout school themselves they decided to start bullying someone else just for being a bit different to them. Finally stopped when I lost my temper with their bullshit and made my view of the matter perfectly clear to them. It's despicable and anyone who takes part in bullying is human waste.

And what exactly about my post suggests I am hypocritical at all?

joined Apr 27, 2014

I know right!!! Do you know who they are right? XD it's ice queen and Fionna from the gender bender episodes of adventures time lol, like everything about them is perfect to me, I LOVE when enemies fall in love. I LOVE age gaps! And I LOOOVEE them to death basically XD

I love adventure time, I gotta say I bet on Marceline and Bubblegum, but that one couple back there is not bad either!!

I also love age gaps!! maybe cos I apply that to my own life LOL

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Well... maybe you shouldn't try to follow in your big brothers (Utoptias) footsteps too much... ^^“

Where does this come from lol, I've never done anything wrong, my hazardous humor apart. And I don't dislike Nez either, they're nice. They just sometimes should cool down a bit !
But I don't mind getting called his Big brother, I won't let my buddy get harmed, acknowledge this, fellows :P

joined Jan 19, 2014

I know right!!! Do you know who they are
I love adventure time, I gotta say I bet on Marceline and Bubblegum, but that one couple back there is not bad either!!

Bubbline is fantastic too :,> I love it too ahah, but obvs as you can see by my obbsesssion for me the number one is ice queen and fionna XD shipped them since the second the first gender bender episode came out looool.

I also love age gaps!! maybe cos I apply that to my own life LOL

LMFAO ahahaha, I seee XD you did say you dated someone 10 years or 7 years younger then you I remember ahaha

Utop

But I don't mind getting called his Big brother, I won't let my buddy get harmed, acknowledge this, fellows :P

That's right, protect your ototo :,)

last edited at Jan 12, 2017 3:27PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Utoptia posted:

This is fairly irrelevant to the actual topic at hand but: This should stand double if your friends are the ones doing the bullying as well. I had an issue with that back in highschool with my group of friends. Despite the fact most of them had been bullied throughout school themselves they decided to start bullying someone else just for being a bit different to them. Finally stopped when I lost my temper with their bullshit and made my view of the matter perfectly clear to them. It's despicable and anyone who takes part in bullying is human waste.

And what exactly about my post suggests I am hypocritical at all?

Whoops, seems like I read your post too fast, thought the "fairly irrelevant thing" was the part of my message you quoted. Let's say I was awfully tired and I answered too fast, and I was already tilted on the top of that because of a League of Legends matter so, forgive me ┐('~`;)┌ ?

joined Apr 27, 2014

Neko-chan

Bubbline is fantastic too :,> I love it too ahah, but obvs as you can see by my obbsesssion for me the number one is ice queen and fionna XD shipped them since the second the first gender bender episode came out looool.

Bubbline...is that how it's called? HAHAHA, omg, you kill me grrrls. Ice queen and Fionna come in a solid second though, omg the 4 of them in a poster..I'd love to have that in my room!!!

LMFAO ahahaha, I seee XD you did say you dated someone 10 years or 7 years younger then you I remember ahaha

xD yes, now you can see why I like age gap, when the younger girl is more agressive.. laughs way too hard but 10 years is too much, I'm sticking to 6-3 years now LOL much improvement ;D

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Utoptia posted:

Whoops, seems like I read your post too fast, thought the "fairly irrelevant thing" was the part of my message you quoted. Let's say I was awfully tired and I answered too fast, and I was already tilted on the top of that because of a League of Legends matter so, forgive me ┐('~`;)┌ ?

Fair enough then. It had me fairly baffled because I just wasn't seeing it, lol. I make it a point to avoid being a hypocrite.

joined Jan 19, 2014

Bubbline...is that how it's called? HAHAHA, omg, you kill me grrrls.

lol lololo XD

omg the 4 of them in a poster..I'd love to have that in my room!!!

Can you imagine that (★ω★)/ I would have like 10 of those pls.

xD yes, now you can see why I like age gap, when the younger girl is more agressive.. laughs way too hard but 10 years is too much, I'm sticking to 6-3 years now LOL much improvement ;D

Ahah that's good XD stick to a closer gap loloooool. But still a gap, everything is perfect with a gap :3

I'm gonna go for now because I've been using this chat as an excuse and haven't actually proacted piano in 2 days XD so I'm gonna go do that and get my ass in gear (have a piano lesson on saterday so gotta do it so I also don't get killed OHO) heh
Cyaaa~~ (ノ´ヮ`)ノ*: ・゚

joined Apr 27, 2014

Neko-chan

work hard!! talk later

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Katze

I can't imagine a time when gaydar isn't useful madame

… like... when it only works on the gays you don't feel attracted to... and then you finally are attracted to someone (which doesn't happen too often) and then it doesn't work... and you constantly wonder... is she...or is she not...or is she...or is she not... maybe...? ;)

Aren't you younger and a hot stuff ??

Younger? Yes, dear! ^^
Hot stuff...? … I'm not sure... (ó.ò) but I mentioned that I do tend to feel quite old sometimes... so I've reached that stage already ;) I'm not 15 anymore after all... T_T

Well I'm shy, I can type all sorts of sillyness here , but in reality I am so so shy and yikes!! just to think about it makes my palms sweat ¬_¬

Oh, okay. ^^ And I thought you were super confident. Heheh
I'd actually say that I'm pretty much the same in real life... as long as it's just talking and joking around. But when someone gets too close I lose all confidence very fast, I guess... (╯•ω•╰)
Okay, and I tend to get a little shy when there's a cute girl (roughly my age) around... I admit it... (•͡.•͡)

I hear you, the difference is I like it when art provokes something in me, pleasant or not

Same ^^ That's why I said “pleasant or interesting“ ;)

even dread is nice, I mean, if I watch a horror film , I wanna get that sensation when I'm like "wtf..this must be what you feel when you're on the verge of death"

The feeling of being on the verge of death... Hmmm... When it's a violent death, then, yeah... maybe... ^^
But I actually think that being on the verge of a “natural” death would be a rather calm and peaceful feeling... as long as you're not in a lot of pain, of course. I imagine it to feel similar to being extremely tired. When all you can think of is just lying down to sleep and you stop caring about everything else... when your whole body feels so heavy as if it's being dragged down by some force and you feel like you'll never be able to get back up again. Not an unpleasant feeling but... overwhelming...
But I have yet to die to find out ;)

Ehmm but I guess not everyone likes that...

I do like it! (^_^)b
But the older I get, the more of a pussy I become, it seems... ^^

165? Whoa, well you know Germans= 180, then again.. no one I saw there was so tall..ah except this blond..are you blonde? Sorry, I just need a clearer image :P

Well... you do see women that are like... 190... but that's very rare. Average height for women here in Germany is around 164... some websites say around 170 cm, but living here... I can't really agree to that...

Me? Blond?
Hmmm... another thing I really suck at... colors... I'm either dark blond or light brown... also depends on who you ask.

Do I ? ;o

I'd say it's not wrong at least... ;)

@ Neko chan

had to split up into pairs and then sit opposite each other and stare into each others eyes for about 10 mins strate, no overting eye contact O-O it was so we could learn not you can read people's emotions not only through their face but just through their eyes, your eyes tell a story you see~

That might be a good practice for actors but usually, when you talk to someone, it is natural to feel uncomfortable when someone outright stares at you all the time ^^
Normal eye contact doesn't mean that you can't look away. You actually have to look away every now and then or people will think you're weird! ;)

@ Utoptia

Where does this come from lol

Can't you read the mood...? ^^ I was using you there for a second... ;)

I've never done anything wrong, my hazardous humor apart.

Well... that hazardous humor got you a ban once... even though it was removed shorty after again... but I don't actually think that the mod appreciates that kind of behavior most of the time... that's probably because most people take it the wrong way... and there are a lot of sensitive people around here too... Gotta keep that in mind...

And I don't dislike Nez either, they're nice. They just sometimes should cool down a bit !

Try to think of her as your mother. And a mother is always right! ;) But it doesn't say that she can't have emotions of her own... (◦’ںˉ◦)

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Good News !
It turned out that my friend was only suspended for 1 day and the girl is still suspended for who-knows-how-long, Mainly because she's been in several altercation's with other students before while my friend's been in none. I just hope teacher's put a leash on this chick and keep a closer eye on her so she doesn't fuck with anyone else. I just don't understand what her problem is. Anyway's, My friend has been doing better. So things are cool again :D.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Try to think of her as your mother.

Oh great, now y'all gonna be makin' "yo momma" jokes 'bout me!

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Wait...if you're our collective mother, and we make "yo momma" jokes at each other, doesn't that mean we're all insulting our own mothers anyways?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wait...if you're our collective mother, and we make "yo momma" jokes at each other, doesn't that mean we're all insulting our own mothers anyways?

(I am large. I contain multitudes.)

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

Try to think of her as your mother.

Momma sure loves cookies! ^^

Awesome new look in fancy colors and all but still munching there as if nothing's changed at all ;)

Even when the world ends one day, you'll still be there, watching us all, while munching on the last crumbs...

(^∇^)

@ SF

Hey! That's great!
Glad to hear the good news.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

(I am large. I contain multitudes.)

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Yeey, Friday the 13th... In a few hours I will go buy some lottery tickets and win the jackpot xD

joined Apr 27, 2014

**Anon*

… like... when it only works on the gays you don't feel attracted to... and then you finally are attracted to someone (which doesn't happen too often) and then it doesn't work... and you constantly wonder... is she...or is she not...or is she...or is she not... maybe...? ;)

Ahh in those cases...well yeah.. I've never felt attracted to someone who is straight..but then again I'm super picky.. hmmm

Younger? Yes, dear! ^^
Hot stuff...? … I'm not sure... (ó.ò) but I mentioned that I do tend to feel quite old sometimes... so I've reached that stage already ;) I'm not 15 anymore after all... T_T

That stage...well if it's about how we feel, I feel like I'm freaking 20 sometimes, others like 98, so.

Oh, okay. ^^ And I thought you were super confident. Heheh
I'd actually say that I'm pretty much the same in real life... as long as it's just talking and joking around. But when someone gets too close I lose all confidence very fast, I guess... (╯•ω•╰)
Okay, and I tend to get a little shy when there's a cute girl (roughly my age) around... I admit it... (•͡.•͡)

Yes people get that vibe, I mean, I don't go around lowering my head, most people think I'm a total bitch in person cos I look unfriendly AF, but I'm actually just shy and a bit aloof.. whoa don't I sound like fun?
Getting too close..like..physically?
"roughly your age" is that a way of calling me old? :P jk jk or am I?

Same ^^ That's why I said “pleasant or interesting“ ;)
The feeling of being on the verge of death... Hmmm... When it's a violent death, then, yeah... maybe... ^^
But I actually think that being on the verge of a “natural” death would be a rather calm and peaceful feeling... as long as you're not in a lot of pain, of course. I imagine it to feel similar to being extremely tired. When all you can think of is just lying down to sleep and you stop caring about everything else... when your whole body feels so heavy as if it's being dragged down by some force and you feel like you'll never be able to get back up again. Not an unpleasant feeling but... overwhelming...
But I have yet to die to find out ;)

Awww that sounds so nice and peaceful, dying like that.. I should had specified "the verge of death as a result of an exhausting run for your life and realising there's no escape"

When either of us know, we let the other one know ok?

I do like it! (^_^)b
But the older I get, the more of a pussy I become, it seems... ^^

Then you can join the magical cat circle, when you get more pussy like giggles

Me? Blond?
Hmmm... another thing I really suck at... colors... I'm either dark blond or light brown... also depends on who you ask.

Ok so blondish tallish, I am piecing together something here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.