Forum › Alice discussion

joined Jun 12, 2015

Too cliché. And what's Alice?

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Will there be a second part, maybe? I'd read about them more)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Shion posted:

Will there be a second part, maybe? I'd read about them more)

It's a oneshot, but if the magazine serializes it, there may be more (though I doubt it).

She mentionned it in her other series which just ended. They made a cameo in chapter 19 as visitors of the school and at the last page, she inserted them :

http://bato.to/reader#85f7e227b9d58745_27

See bottom left.

last edited at Jan 12, 2017 2:43PM

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Too cheesy for my cup of tea but hey the more yuri the merrier

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Like Nezchan and others said I'm not a huge fan of the fairly cliche stuff. Nonetheless though I do like stories where bullies aren't allowed to win.

Best Mangaka Rohan posted:

Wow i don't know about you guys but i find it extremely difficult see that prince as a girl.

Way too boy like.

I mean even if you tell yourself she is a girl and it's a yuri manga, the short hair girl looked like a girl.

This seems more like an issue with the author's artwork. If you look through Usotsuki Lily you'll find plenty of panels where even feminine characters look kinda weirdly masculine.

h3x posted:

And what's Alice?

I am!

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

force a girl to stay away from the Prince
tell the Prince how they forced her to stay away

Flawless logic.

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

The whole Class S nonsense at the end pretty much killed it for me.

Same here.
It ends on a "but wait..." turn.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Classic shoujo one-shot, I liked it 'cause I like shoujo. And I think you're a bit wrong about cliche thing

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

And what's Alice?

I am!

Well I think we've cleared THAT up rather neatly!

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

made me remember this http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/your_cuteness#1

Love that story. One of the ones that led to my love for kuuderes.

This one is okay. Does feel very shoujo though.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

People talking Story S or LUGs are being too pessimistic, IMO.

One or both of them could die tragically, soon, right? and the other one either has a loveless marriage but always keeps her picture, or stays alone the rest of her life.

So don't assume it can't have a happy and satisfying ending, and don't underrate the Author-senseis.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I wish those bittersweet endings were a little less common, you can't give us an overload of fluff and then just go 'It'll never last!'

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Definitely same genre as Kawaii Anata and the Rin/Hanayo arcs in the Love Live anime and manga.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

force a girl to stay away from the Prince
tell the Prince how they forced her to stay away

Flawless logic.

The thing is, didn't she say something like "I don't care if they try to bully and scare me, but now they're threatening HER." ?

I guess she thought they'd beat on their crush yandere style and "anything but that."

Because when they threatened her, she defied them, but then they said, we'll convince the Prince not to hang out with her. I don't know how that goes to "I need to dump her to create distance so they don't bully the Prince."

Bitter Black Beans
Tumblr_oem4vtmrpk1r92e4to1_400
joined Jan 12, 2017

What a cute story. Since it was left pretty much open ended, I'll pretend it'll have a happy ending.

There's a lot of potential development here, but I suspect it won't be taken further. Also, the fangs are confusing. Are they supposed to be a metaphor? Does the author like fangs? I've seen the single fang trope a lot, but never as a part of the actual character, except in vampire or catgirl stories.

Also, LUGs ... ahhhh, my day is complete

The fang thing seems to be an actual trend Japan. I think it's called yaeba or something the like( don't remember exactly). It supposed to show youthfulness and cuteness.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Such a nice story TwT

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

For who's interested: yaeba

Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

For who's interested: yaeba

Ah, thank you! Does it count when they're bottom teeth? I had doubles on the bottom that had to be pulled, as did my daughter, and her son. It'd be nice to know I'm part of a "thing" lol.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Aww, the gorilla moment was when I knew I'd like this. Such an absurd and random thing.

The story was cute, but does feel like a cliché. I can't stand Kanatas fangs and pages 30-31 bothered me (that wasn't a handsome girl, that was a dude lol).

joined Jan 31, 2013

That's a whole new level of fangs.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

I thought this would be a typical girly girl meets boyish girl high school angst story but this was really good. I would content without a follow up story and we readers should let our imagination take over.

On a side note if there is someone that your friends and you are interested in, would you form a pact to not go after said person and then ruin your friend's shit if they do? That's school mentality after all.

last edited at Jan 15, 2017 6:03PM

Images
joined Sep 19, 2015

I want more of this they should add more.
I kinda liked tomboy genre :)

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Thanks for the reminder why I despite one shots
Fucking hell I need fucking more of that

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

faannggss
Also very cute story :)

To reply you must either login or sign up.