Forum › Alice discussion

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Kawaii kawaii kawaii kawaii kawaii~ that was very cute i could just explode.

Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

That was very cute ( ´ ▽ ` )

Tumblr_oacx7rl55f1tltatqo1_500
joined May 19, 2016

oooohhhh..
it feels like more and more yuri manga start appearing in mass magazine (shounen or shoujo manga magazine). So nice! go get the gurl, ladies. show them to the world!

this kind of story is common but you always end up wanting more.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Kanata's fangs keep weirding me out tho
._o

%ec%8a%a4%ec%bc%80%ec%b9%98
joined Jan 6, 2017

Kanata's fangs keep weirding me out tho
._o

That fangs.... LoL

Cute story btw

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

That was nice. Usually the drama tag kinda scares me a bit but the reading the comments helped with that.

Also while I understand Haruka's fear at the end about Kanata not returning her feelings, I still think it's not totally hopeless, and Kanata could definitely fall for Haruka in the future. A follow-up to this story would definitely be welcome.

Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

oh this is really nice. at first i was wary bc i really dont like girls that are always like "i hate hanging out with girls! they're so catty and complicated and hard to be friends with" but i really like that she stopped blaming all of women for her relationship problems. good character development A+++++

joined Sep 2, 2016

So so sooooooooooo cuteeeeeeeee

Img_2543
joined Feb 28, 2013

Kanata's lil teefies are sooo cute!!

Icon
joined Mar 14, 2015

Why is it called Alice...? °-°

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/alice#12
How common a last name is Asakura? Because I didn't think it was that common until I started noticing it in several works here recently.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

LUGs.

joined Mar 13, 2016
Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

Ha, I love the main character so much! She just didn't give a shit from the harassment!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Why is it called Alice...? °-°

Just what I was wondering!

But I liked it :)

Hqdefault
joined Jan 12, 2017

I WANT MORE PLZ ITS SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOD.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Wow i don't know about you guys but i find it extremely difficult see that prince as a girl.

Way too boy like.

I mean even if you tell yourself she is a girl and it's a yuri manga, the short hair girl looked like a girl.

And scenrio is kinda cliche and feel like a het story.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Wow i don't know about you guys but i find it extremely difficult see that prince as a girl.

Way too boy like.

I mean even if you tell yourself she is a girl and it's a yuri manga, the short hair girl looked like a girl.

And scenrio is kinda cliche and feel like a het story.

Wut....

No. No. No. and No.

Not cliche. No het feeling, not in the slightest. And she makes for a handsome woman. Masculine women are a thing.
She saw all the tomboy's cute sides and her dashing sides as well.

As for being cliche, I don't think so. The 'princess' in this case turned out to be strong and independent, very able to stick up for herself in spite of those other girls. If anything this felt like two tomboys getting together which, if I must say, is just the tastiest thing. Love me some tomboys.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, it feels like a Komura Ayumi story. Much like UsoLily or Mori no Takuma-san. She likes "subversive" couples, but not too much.

It's published in Margaret after all, which is a mainstream shoujo magazine. It's cute and fluffy, but doesn't challenge the consensus.

She goes out of her way to point that it's an "all girls school", that the "prince" wants to be married and have children at some point and that this relationship will probably not survive graduation.

So, meh.

^It IS cliché. It follows all the tropes of the shoujo manga, about a girl being close to the school's idol when all the other girls keep each other in check, and being bullied, but being strong about it and trying to protect them and being the only one to understand them, etc, etc... but I do love tomboys. Though the prince isn't very tomboyish except in appearance.

Give me Kase-san any day. That's an assertive tomboy.

last edited at Jan 12, 2017 6:21AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That was nice. Usually the drama tag kinda scares me a bit but the reading the comments helped with that.

The difference between enjoyable drama and the crappy one to me is whether the protagonist is rational and self-reflecting about the complications within her relationships. This manga's MC was just that, so it made the story a joy to read.

last edited at Jan 12, 2017 5:51AM

joined Jan 8, 2014

Felt like a new spin on the princely/princess story, cute and then the reversal! super cute! I call for a part 2! Lol, maybe when they're 3rd & 2nd years?? A newb 1st year will confess and then 3rd year-sama will be so conflicted and confess to 2nd year-kun ^_^ <3

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Well, it feels like a Komura Ayumi story. Much like UsoLily or Mori no Takuma-san. She likes "subversive" couples, but not too much.

It's published in Margaret after all, which is a mainstream shoujo magazine. It's cute and fluffy, but doesn't challenge the consensus.

She goes out of her way to point that it's an "all girls school", that the "prince" wants to be married and have children at some point and that this relationship will probably not survive graduation.

So, meh.

^It IS cliché. It follows all the tropes of the shoujo manga, about a girl being close to the school's idol when all the other girls keep each other in check, and being bullied, but being strong about it and trying to protect them and being the only one to understand them, etc, etc... but I do love tomboys. Though the prince isn't very tomboyish except in appearance.

Give me Kase-san any day. That's an assertive tomboy.

+1, especially the last line.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Norainhere posted:

Also while I understand Haruka's fear at the end about Kanata not returning her feelings, I still think it's not totally hopeless, and Kanata could definitely fall for Haruka in the future. A follow-up to this story would definitely be welcome.

Yeah, one with Kanata having science babies with Haruka... Because that "Right now..." at the end, I didn't like it.
The rest was cute of course.

last edited at Jan 12, 2017 1:45PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The whole Class S nonsense at the end pretty much killed it for me. And if we're being honest, the author really isn't that good at doing lesbian couples to start with based on Usotsuki Lily. They were cute there and all, but it always felt like the author just wanted to be done with that side story and back to the stuff she liked doing.

Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

LUGs.

Wow it's been a few decades since I heard that word!

There's a lot of potential development here, but I suspect it won't be taken further. Also, the fangs are confusing. Are they supposed to be a metaphor? Does the author like fangs? I've seen the single fang trope a lot, but never as a part of the actual character, except in vampire or catgirl stories.

Also, LUGs ... ahhhh, my day is complete

To reply you must either login or sign up.