Forum › Anime season

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Anything with decent yuri content this season?

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Anything with decent yuri content this season?

Urara Meirochou. It's cute af, SoL, animation is A+, characters are adorbs and uh unique.
From what I understood, it's an entire town of only women too lmao
I hadn't read the previous posts on Urara since I wanted to watch it myself first, but

Urara Meirochou is very much a Kirara series so people who hate the genre won't be swayed by it, but it stands out from the sea of 4koma manga out there. It looks great so far. Harikamo is really good at depicting slightly surreal fantasy settings and I'm glad the art preserved that.

Totally, it looked pretty great, the music was really nice too, especially that scene when Chiya revealed she was looking for her mother. The music was suppperrr nice

It has quite a bit of fanservice, mostly due to Chiya's weird outfit (that was an editorial decision) and her tendency to invade people's personal space.

I liked Chiya's outfit tho, it's kinda unusual but it's interesting? The colour of her hair and the colour of whatever she's wearing fit well imo

There's one fansub that translated the ED lyrics and they're hilariously gay. It's clearly meant as a generic pop song about girls falling in love with boys, but Urara has zero male characters so you kind of work with the material you're given.

Ikr, that was my thought too. ED is legit a love song about getting lost and finding one another, meanwhile you have the full female cast wondering around and finding each other. Nice

last edited at Jan 8, 2017 4:29PM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I want a catgirl to apologise to me too!!

joined Jan 21, 2015

Totally, it looked pretty great, the music was really nice too, especially that scene when Chiya revealed she was looking for her mother. The music was suppperrr nice

Agreed, the OP is also one hell of an ear worm.

I liked Chiya's outfit tho, it's kinda unusual but it's interesting? The colour of her hair and the colour of whatever she's wearing fit well imo

Looking at this promotional picture it could be an apron and uh... Your guess is as good as mine haha.

There's one fansub that translated the ED lyrics and they're hilariously gay. It's clearly meant as a generic pop song about girls falling in love with boys, but Urara has zero male characters so you kind of work with the material you're given.

Ikr, that was my thought too. ED is legit a love song about getting lost and finding one another, meanwhile you have the full female cast wondering around and finding each other. Nice

And the lyrics about a fateful meeting match with the visual of the girls bumping into each other... Thumbs up for being completely unsubtle :p

Urara is probably not going to blow anyone's mind, but it may put a smile on your face. I've been following the manga for a couple years so I might add the occasional tidbit of information if it seems like it could be useful and I'm sure it doesn't spoil anything.

The first episode of Little Witch Academia was translated. If I understood correctly, Netflix has the rights but they don't intend to simulcast it, which really doesn't seem like a wise move. The animation was obviously less detailed that it was in the movies, but still impressive. I'm looking forward to learning more about the characters and the setting now that they'll have the time to properly expand on them.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Gabriel Dropout was interesting. Haven't read the manga, so don't know what to expect.

Sadist angel strikes me as yuri. Hopefully there'll be at least some subtext.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

How is Kobayashi-san? Is it as good as manga?

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

How is Kobayashi-san? Is it as good as manga?

Doesn't it air on the 11th? We'll tell our impressions then.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Little Witch Academia seems okay. Good animation and the protagonist isn't as obnoxious as in the OVA version. With an all-female cast there'll probably be some yuri subtext

Gabriel Dropout has way less cringe than the manga version, and a bit more fanservice. Also want to say it's a bit gayer. Anywho, decent comedy

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Oh yeah, Academia started airing, huh. I didn't particularly like the OVA, but I suppose it's worth a shot to see if I like it. Still need to get around to watching Yuri on Ice though! (you know, did they ever actually confirm the yaoi couples or did they just leave it to subtext?)

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

(you know, did they ever actually confirm the yaoi couples or did they just leave it to subtext?)

It's canon; they kissed, which is why it's a big deal.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Satanichia is the true main character!
We all feel bad for her in the manga

joined Oct 5, 2016

Yuri on Ice was fantastic, and it leaves absolutely no doubt at all that they are a romantic couple. It's not yaoi, it's a sports series where the romance plot just happens to be gay.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Yuri on Ice was fantastic, and it leaves absolutely no doubt at all that they are a romantic couple. It's not yaoi, it's a sports series where the romance plot just happens to be gay.

I loved the animation and the story of that one, it was truly a really good series. Seeing how popular it got, i hope we get to see more gay original animes like it in the near future.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

It's not yaoi, it's a sports series where the romance plot just happens to be gay.

Another reason why it's a big deal, and why it's great. I hope more shows follow this trend.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Little witch academia!! yes! this will alleviate the pain that the other cute witches anime will give me when it ends.

Haven't watched anything else yet, so first impressions...next week?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon, seems to be a faithful adaptation, so if you like the manga you'll probably like the anime, a bit much more moreblob - cuz kyoani.

So, yea. its good for me. Satisfied.

Icon
joined Jan 6, 2017

Is everyone ready for the comeback of Christa and Ymir?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon is actually playing up the yuri elements, so I don't think people here need to worry too much

...Why is everything I like this season a comedy about cute girls?

joined Feb 15, 2013

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon is basically the manga with colour and voice. So can't complaint or praise much. I guess new audience will enjoy it as much as I did when I read it for the first time.

While waiting, I started to catch up with old series like Ange Vierge. And immediately... are all these girls exhibitionists or something? They were taking hot spring bath naked on top of the tower. Walking around and sleeping uncovered, naked. And the main girl even bare her naked chest on the top floor balcony in front of the whole city...

I know she can control light for self-censored and all.. but still...

Btw, some trivial in Schoolgirl Strikers that I just realised when rewatch Ep1: all 3 teams appeared in ep 1 (main group, the steampunk maid, and bikini military group) were in the same rank. (Rare 3 in the game based on their clothes and weapons). So their difference so far actually was just cooperation and experience

last edited at Jan 12, 2017 7:01AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon is actually playing up the yuri elements, so I don't think people here need to worry too much

I think this makes a lot of sense. I don't see how any studio could screw this up tbh.
Tohru is obviously the main selling point of the series, and aside from the maid + badass dragon combination, her other most important character trait is that she's in love with Kobayashi-san. That's what makes her an attractive character too imo, and that's mostly what they can emphasise on to sell this character: her clumsily trying to be a maid (cute), her mentality and abilities as a dragon (op af) and her growing relationship with Kobayashi-san (sweet and moving).
Tohru's entire character is dependent on Kobayashi anyway. Tohru openly showing her love for Kobayashi-san through acts of service (literally becoming her maid lmao), jealousy, lust, being emotional over Kobayashi and adapting to the human world as her relationship with her develops is pretty much the 'plot'.
To kill the yuri/minimise Tohru's feelings/attraction to Kobayashi in the anime adaptation would be shooting themselves in the foot. Anyways, Kobayashi's own design is rather plain and androgynous (though I do like her), she's easily a self-insert. The yuri probs wouldn't step on anyone's toes, as she's generally so aloof to Tohru's advances. Whatever problems anyone has with how the yuri/Tohru's feels is written will have to be brought back to the original author.

joined Feb 15, 2013

I think this makes a lot of sense. I don't see how any studio could screw this up tbh.
Tohru is obviously the main selling point of the series, and aside from the maid + badass dragon combination, her other most important character trait is that she's in love with Kobayashi-san. That's what makes her an attractive character too imo, and that's mostly what they can emphasise on to sell this character: her clumsily trying to be a maid (cute), her mentality and abilities as a dragon (op af) and her growing relationship with Kobayashi-san (sweet and moving).
Tohru's entire character is dependent on Kobayashi anyway. Tohru openly showing her love for Kobayashi-san through acts of service (literally becoming her maid lmao), jealousy, lust, being emotional over Kobayashi and adapting to the human world as her relationship with her develops is pretty much the 'plot'.
To kill the yuri/minimise Tohru's feelings/attraction to Kobayashi in the anime adaptation would be shooting themselves in the foot. Anyways, Kobayashi's own design is rather plain and androgynous (though I do like her), she's easily a self-insert. The yuri probs wouldn't step on anyone's toes, as she's generally so aloof to Tohru's advances. Whatever problems anyone has with how the yuri/Tohru's feels is written will have to be brought back to the original author.

Kinda suck that they removed a few jokes from ep 1 through.

The one in my avatar when Tohru was trying to compete with train for example. And try to convince Kobayashi to change her job to dragon rider (because it's cool). Or when Tohru defend her scale that it only can be penetrated by holy sword, and Kobayashi said her back is not an Excalibur.

Not to mention when she said that her tail was tasty and creamy and "good with rice". Because it hinted that she actually tried it before

last edited at Jan 12, 2017 7:11AM

%d0%91%d0%b5%d0%b7-%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%b8-1
joined Jan 4, 2017
joined Feb 15, 2013

Fans deliver https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ay6gEPyedo

Where is the original OP from? Any idea

Some excellent work to sub New Game characters into there. It looks natural as heck (other than the fact Kou supposed to be much older, and should be teachers in there)

last edited at Jan 12, 2017 9:20AM

%d0%91%d0%b5%d0%b7-%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%b8-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

Where is the original OP from? Any idea

Some excellent work to sub New Game characters into there. It looks natural as heck (other than the fact Kou supposed to be much older, and should be teachers in there)

Sorry, I don't know. I just happened to find this video by accident, and I liked it a lot. So I decided to share it with you comrades.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Fans deliver https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ay6gEPyedo

Wow ok
The ending took a drastic turn in its sfw-ness

last edited at Jan 12, 2017 9:56AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.