Forum › Usotsuki Lily discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

At the very end it mentions there's a planned work on Taiyou and Ten, has that ever actually been released anywhere and translated by anyone? While things did start to develop between them it still didn't have an actual conclusion by the time the series ended so I'd kinda like to read it if possible.

I'd be interested in that too, since they were so much more interesting than the main couple by then and everyone else had gotten pretty played out by that point. Overall, that was the sole thing I was really waiting for in the last volume and was terribly disappointed when it was deferred to an extra somewhere else entirely.

Could have used more of the yuri couple too, of course.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Could have used more of the yuri couple too, of course.

Completely agreed there. Kanae (dunno if I should actually bother spoilering that but oh well, won't hurt anyone) was absolutely adorable in my opinion, lol. So was Momo (well really basically all of the girls and some of the guys were adorable, lol) though I wish she was around longer than just the last volume and I wish her story was properly concluded on-screen (er, on-page?) rather than left slightly ambiguous like it was.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ugh, I hate that she just introduced something as major as Momo as a last-minute plot complication that you knew wasn't going to amount to much but instead amounted to absolutely nothing. That said, pretty much the entire last volume disappointed the hell out of me. It's not like the whole series wasn't fluff that didn't take itself seriously, but the way it ended was just too "welp, I'm tired of this so bye". Very unsatisfying all around, and no resolution on the one couple I actually was interested in by that point.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Well, I just skipped all the het stuff and just read the yuri arc and the yaoi chapters. Since the yuri arc was mostly self-contained, it wasn't too hard to understand... Chapter 67 was kind of weird with all those random characters showing up, but, well, they're not important to that arc anyway. The yaoi arc... whew boy... I guess there are a few yaoi moments sprinkled here and there throughout the entire manga. Still, I got the general gist of it from the yuri arc and it was CUTE AS FUCK, so I'm alright with it. The erotic yaoi scene in this new chapter made me just as happy as the best erotic yuri scenes (Lily Love's was pretty solid, and I'm sure there were a few more I'm forgetting) even though I spent much less time with it, so the conclusion I drew from this is... TIME TO READ SOME EROTIC YAOI. I only read Prunus Girl before this and that was sorely lacking in sexy times... Kiss Him Not Me kind of had some but imaginary yaoi doesn't really count. Actual full-blown yaoi hentai might be a bit too much for me, but, who knows, I'll have to read one one day and see how I like it.

Edit: Read 105 too since someone on Page 1 of the comments (curse you, short-term memory loss and laziness) told me to. That was definitely a lot more confusing than the others... Nice to see that their son is apparently continuing their legacy and cross-dressing too.

last edited at Jan 8, 2017 5:14PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'll be honest, by the time the series ended I was thoroughly bored with all the het couples, and the yuri couple was pretty tidily resolved. So the only ones really compelling in the last couple of volumes was the yaoi couple, but they didn't get a proper resolution until now. So I'm really happy with the extra, wrapping up that big loose end once and for all.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Personally, I love yuri, am actually fine with het romance, but yaoi doesn't usually grab me. However, for Usolily I happily check out the yaoi parts. Komura Ayumi's stuff is just so adorable and funny that I mostly ignore genre. She's one of those people where even when I read bits that intellectually I know aren't amazing quality, I can't feel it in my gut--I still love it.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I usually don't care for yaoi but it was nicely done and hot. A treat for the rotten girls.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, way I see it the hierarchy goes Yuri > Yaoi > Het, so as long as there's some sort of gay involved then that's a Good Thing.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nice to see a solid conclusion to Ten and Taiyou's story. The ending of the main story suggested it'd be a happy ending but left it really open nonetheless.

Dia%20mezashi
joined Dec 5, 2014

Oh, I'm glad this happened. They're a cute couple.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Well, way I see it the hierarchy goes Yuri > Yaoi > Het, so as long as there's some sort of gay involved then that's a Good Thing.

I have to say that I feel exactly the same way.

Yunaavatar2
joined Nov 17, 2016

It's been a while since I've read any UsoLily. It seems I forgot that Ten has it baaaaaaaad, holy shit

joined Aug 11, 2014

Haha, I'd forgotten that sex actually existed in the main story when I started reading the extra, so I was super surprised when they started going at it. Even then, I don't remember any full-on sex scenes like this between Hinata and En - I remember them having a whole build-up to being ready for it, and then the fairly frank acknowledgment that they kept it going on the regular offscreen, but I can't remember it actually being shown for real, not in this much detail. Am I misremembering?

joined Aug 25, 2016

Not the cockroach!!!!!!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Gale posted:

Haha, I'd forgotten that sex actually existed in the main story when I started reading the extra, so I was super surprised when they started going at it. Even then, I don't remember any full-on sex scenes like this between Hinata and En - I remember them having a whole build-up to being ready for it, and then the fairly frank acknowledgment that they kept it going on the regular offscreen, but I can't remember it actually being shown for real, not in this much detail. Am I misremembering?

It's been awhile since I last reread it but from what I recall En and Hinata's first time was in about as much detail as this.

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

this is too gay for me
drop

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

this is too gay for me
drop

Um...you're dropping something that already ended?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

New series from Komura Ayumi, Kami-sama no Ekohiiki

BL disguised as het. Or is it?

She never ceases to entertain us with her gender fluid characters.

last edited at Apr 2, 2017 11:04AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nezchan posted:

Um...you're dropping something that already ended?

They're also dropping something for being too gay on a site dedicated to gay manga. Which is just weird.

joined May 24, 2015

As a guy who primarily only read het (I'm straight) a couple years ago, but then got converted into a Yuri worshipper (this is the first het series I've finished in a long time), this whole thing was quite a pleasure to read
Hell, even the yaoi chapters didn't make me feel uncomfortable.
I don't know why some people are so gung-ho on hating het in this website. NSFW stuff I understand, but stuff like this? How different is a guy from a girl that dresses tomboyishly, if it's not for defining sexual characteristics (pee-pee and vajay-jay) and personality?
All I'm saying is that if you like romance, whether it be Yuri or yaoi or whatever, I suggest checking this out. If you're that opposed on reading a manga with guys in it, perhaps you and the main girls boyfriend are very similar...

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Phemon posted:

I don't know why some people are so gung-ho on hating het in this website. NSFW stuff I understand, but stuff like this? How different is a guy from a girl that dresses tomboyishly, if it's not for defining sexual characteristics (pee-pee and vajay-jay) and personality?

How is your home security? Did you train some way of self-defense? You should be extra careful from now on.

joined May 24, 2015

Phemon posted:

How is your home security? Did you train some way of self-defense? You should be extra careful from now on.

Ooh, scary. I'm asking a serious question. Love can take many forms. In manga, I've seen countless men who look like women and vice versa. I've seen girly men and burly women.
I'm wondering why people hate het. If it's just physical appearances, then one should also hate a Butch lesbian, no?
Please. HELP me understand. Threatening me just creates discouse

(Edit) every time I've seen someone insulting another genre of romance, yaoi, het, Yuri, whatever, it's always been bashing and ridiculing. They never sit down and explain why they hate it, they just say "____ IS DISGUSTING AND YOU SHOULD FEEL HORRIBLE FOR LIKING IT DON'T @ME"
It's rather childish, like someone not giving a reason because they haven't thought of one
Look at me, I don't like yaoi, but I enjoyed it in this. Sure the risque parts were hard to read, but I enjoyed Ten and Haiyou's relationship progression
It just frustrates me that many people denounce a whole sub-division of literature just because one of the characters has a little junk in his trunk.

last edited at Apr 11, 2018 7:58PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nevri, could you confirm if that's a veiled threat or a joke on how some other folks overreact to questions like that.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

@Phemon

Ooh, scary. I'm asking a serious question. Love can take many forms. In manga, I've seen countless men who look like women and vice versa. I've seen girly men and burly women.
I'm wondering why people hate het. If it's just physical appearances, then one should also hate a Butch lesbian, no?
[...]
It just frustrates me that many people denounce a whole sub-division of literature just because one of the characters has a little junk in his trunk.

For me personally, as a lesbian woman, the junk in the trunk is not the problem. I wouldn't mind dating or sleeping with a girl that has a dick, whether it be because she's transgendered or whatever other real or fictional reason there might be, and I would not date or sleep with a guy that has a cooch. The genetalia isn't the problem.

Superficial appearances then? As you said, there are plenty of androgynous people, especially when it comes to characters in manga, not to mention cross-dressing. However, the character's gender remains the same, and for many people —including myself— that's important. Regardless of outward appearances, if a person turns out to be "something you're not attracted to" —whether it's their gender identity, political views, or anything else— any attraction you might've felt will likely fade if that particular "something" is a dealbreaker for you.

What I'm trying to say is that to many people, gender does matter a lot, not just physical appearances or their crotch equipment, meaning that regardles of what for it takes, het is still about a relationship between a man and a woman.

As for why people hate/dislike het, I can think of a number of possible reasons; trouble relating to it, a perceived "impurity" of a straight relationship, dislike for/disinterest in men or male characters, bad experiences, plan distaste for the subgenre, etc. Personally, my own androphobia, coupled with too many of my friends and acquaintances having been raped, has made me dislike het to the point of hating it. My subjective feelings are that men and male characters are boring, and seeing straight relationships bring negative thoughts, emotions, and memories to mind, regardless of how happy, healthy, and consenting the relationship is.

I'm sure there are as many reasons as there are people who express the sentiment, though. x)

joined May 24, 2015

@Phemon

[...]

For me personally, as a lesbian woman, the junk in the trunk is not the problem. I wouldn't mind dating or sleeping with a girl that has a dick, whether it be because she's transgendered or whatever other real or fictional reason there might be, and I would not date or sleep with a guy that has a cooch. The genetalia isn't the problem.

Superficial appearances then? As you said, there are plenty of androgynous people, especially when it comes to characters in manga, not to mention cross-dressing. However, the character's gender remains the same, and for many people —including myself— that's important. Regardless of outward appearances, if a person turns out to be "something you're not attracted to" —whether it's their gender identity, political views, or anything else— any attraction you might've felt will likely fade if that particular "something" is a dealbreaker for you.

What I'm trying to say is that to many people, gender does matter a lot, not just physical appearances or their crotch equipment, meaning that regardles of what for it takes, het is still about a relationship between a man and a woman.

As for why people hate/dislike het, I can think of a number of possible reasons; trouble relating to it, a perceived "impurity" of a straight relationship, dislike for/disinterest in men or male characters, bad experiences, plan distaste for the subgenre, etc. Personally, my own androphobia, coupled with too many of my friends and acquaintances having been raped, has made me dislike het to the point of hating it. My subjective feelings are that men and male characters are boring, and seeing straight relationships bring negative thoughts, emotions, and memories to mind, regardless of how happy, healthy, and consenting the relationship is.

I'm sure there are as many reasons as there are people who express the sentiment, though. x)

Wow. You're the first person to give me a concise, straight (lol) answer. Not one part felt under-informative, and your facts and similes were terribly easy to understand.
If I was grading this answer as a teacher, I'd give you a 10/10 plus bonus marks.
Are you on the Dynasty Scans Discord? I feel I could have a lot of scintillating conversations with you.

To reply you must either login or sign up.