Forum › Just Stars & Violets discussion

joined Jun 12, 2015

Okay, that was hilarious.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Nice story, short and sweet. Funny and bittersweet. Hard to tag though.

Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

what just happened...

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

I'm confused and pleased

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

Wtf happened here?

joined Dec 9, 2016

well that's something to check off of my "things I've never seen" list

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I get what it's supposed to be, but I'm still a little confused about the delivery.

Fp
joined Apr 29, 2014

What....?
Can someone explain this?

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

Wtf happened here?

MC's grandma and the elderly woman at the end were in love but could not be together due to certain circumstances. They kept in touch over the years through letters. Years later, MC's grandma sent a robot who looked like her younger self to her friend. MC ended up breaking it on the way so she pretended to be the robot for her Grandma's friend until the robot gets fixed.

Stuff happens and MC makes out with a granny. The end.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

The fact that her friend probably suffers from dementia (or she is extremely nearsighted) and that thing is supposed to be a therapeutic robot makes it even weirder.

It's nice and all, but the robot is still deep in the uncanny valley.

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

lmao

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

I feel like this is a very important work.
But I don't know why I feel that way.

joined Sep 15, 2013

Probably because it deals with loss and remembrance in a way not done often in this genre. The fact that it touches on stuff like unrequited love or how people view the past as they get older is pretty cool. Considering the really short length of this manga, i agree that i am reading a bit into it, but hey if something makes you do that then good on it, right?

last edited at Jan 7, 2017 8:07PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

In an odd way, it's a subversion of Tiger Lily in that both old women actually acknowledged how they felt about each other.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Probably because it deals with loss and remembrance in a way not done often in this genre. The fact that it touches on stuff like unrequited love or how people view the past as they get older is pretty cool. Considering the really short length of this manga, i agree that i am reading a bit into it, but hey if something makes you do that then good on it, right?

Oh, I don't think you're reading into it too much. I think it's pretty much what you said, and I'm impressed with how good the story was and the contents of it considering the short length. Really enjoyed it.

TheObsoleteMan
Recettehate_zpsebd03302
joined Jun 20, 2014

Great synopsis, or greatest synopsis?

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Wtf happened here?

MC's grandma and the elderly woman at the end were in love but could not be together due to certain circumstances. They kept in touch over the years through letters. Years later, MC's grandma sent a robot who looked like her younger self to her friend. MC ended up breaking it on the way so she pretended to be the robot for her Grandma's friend until the robot gets fixed.

Thank you ... Was totally lost. :D

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

That was kinda sweet. If you can get past the whole vicarious kiss across the time stream thing. If I understood this story right. Was she transferring the kiss at the end?

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

I don't know if it was sad or.....just sad.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I don't think this is reading into it too much as well, it's pretty much on-point methinks.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Thinking about how the young girl lectures the robot about how love is more complicated and difficult, I wonder if she realized on some level that the "beautiful and pure relationship" the old ladies had was actually a romantic one before the kiss even happened. Certainly that was confirmation, which is why she kisses the doll afterwards, but I'm pretty sure she suspected it was more than simple friendship.

In their youth, those two must have been straight out of Marimite, though.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Huh
Well nice robot yuri, need more of that

Screenshot_2016-11-14-13-53-17(2)
joined Feb 7, 2014

Lol how I'm suposed to see my granny?

joined Feb 23, 2016

well that's something to check off of my "things I've never seen" list

I did that right away in my head! Hilarious! (≧∇≦)hahaha

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

In an odd way, it's a subversion of Tiger Lily in that both old women actually acknowledged how they felt about each other.

Tiger Lily! That's what I was having deja vu about.

To reply you must either login or sign up.