Forum › Gakkou Gurashi! discussion

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Fucking bear....I thought we were done with it for good.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Introduce some guys, kill them off as soon as possible. Good job, author!

Hnn... most of the additions were introduced in chapter 37-38... we're are at 53 now... that's 15-16 chapters (and almost a third of the whole story till now). But I admit, it was a lot of characters whom the author all tried to give some background story to and that may have felt a little rushed in.

So, I don't really care too much about Takahito-guy and his PTSD. I just want Kurumi appear next chapter and save her Miki-damsel in distress by taking a good swing at his head... Though, that might be my KuruMiki-shipper self talking :P

This ^

And then Miki will fall head-over-heel to Kurumi all over again.

Rii need to wake the damn up. She was much worse than Yuki with Megumi. Because the later actually is blessed with Megumi spirit which guided her through troubles. This bear is useless as fk, and put Rii in constant harms

last edited at Dec 31, 2016 1:16AM

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Wow, just don't kill our four girls. I haven't gotten so attached to the others. I even want the bear to survive at this point.

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

I'm not near as into this series as I used to be, but I totally loved it for the first part of the series. So, I wrote a review on it:

https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2017/01/07/gakkou-gurashi/

The first part of the series has a LOT of good to it.

By the way, I'm a Yuki/Miki fan

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

By the way, I'm a Yuki/Miki fan

Blasphemy!!

Stake. Prepare the stakes, we need to burn this non-believer!!

(J/k aside, nice blog btw)

last edited at Jan 7, 2017 6:15PM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Pretty much full ack. Maybe it could have been better if they had stuck to the road movie part after they had to leave the school. Radio station onee-san seemed a nice possible addition.

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Pretty much full ack. Maybe it could have been better if they had stuck to the road movie part after they had to leave the school. Radio station onee-san seemed a nice possible addition.

Maaan, this is what I've been saying for so long! I would've LOVED that. Just vaguely sad stories and a sense of impermanence now that they were away from school. You could've gotten 2-3 good volumes with that.

Blasphemy!!

Fight me! They have WAY more development than THAT OTHER pairing! They really do! LOOK AT IT

Anyway, thank you!

joined Dec 4, 2015

Can someone explain to me what happened with ruu ? I didn't understand

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Can someone explain to me what happened with ruu ? I didn't understand

Rii is still delusional but at the very least managed to let go of her mental crutch for now ("Something to protect" (this used to be Yuki)), She hands it off to Shino because she respects the woman. Presumably Rii will be less of a liability from now on.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Are they leaving the school? I'm so confused now. I feel like this all tumbled out of control during this "college" arc. I second the wanting to stick to being on the road after they left in the beginning! It would've been way more interesting

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

The earlier chapters were better, there I said it, I'm sorry. Good thing in this chapter is that Rii is done with the crazy, well, not really necessarily done but, her giving that teddy bear probably means we're done with her crazy arc.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

How did that guy's body just start burning from a lit rag?

I'm glad about how the Ruu situation was resolved, but apart from that the chapter was just another letdown.

joined Jun 30, 2015

I'm glad about how the Ruu situation was resolved, but apart from that the chapter was just another letdown.

I agree, not enough shit happening.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Well, zombies are pretty flammable, so I'd suspect those on their way to infection would be too.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

I agree, that this chapter felt a bit... weird. There were a lot of threads that got tied up - or rather cut off. Maybe the author was as unhappy with the college arc as most here seem to be and decided to wrap it up quickly and move on...

The crew is back together.
Kurumi is still kicking (as$).
Miki is unharmed, reunited with her better half and has a tad more intel now.
Rii passed on her Sisterbear and may be back amongst the not-as-insane.
Yuki grew a lot, seems more reliable now.
They are presumably now about to go on their way to the second marking on the map (Randall Corp? Aiostar? MNC? which was it?)....

I can live with that.

And hopefully after the break, the author will be able to provide us with chapters and plot more alike and captivating as the earlier chapters were :)

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Wait is this the end of the college arc? It was so jumbled and hard to follow. Dunno really what was the point of the whole thing. Really anticlimatic end for that head bitch, but since they didn't show her body, she probably did survive....

joined Sep 19, 2014

I'm not sure if Rii leaving the bear plush in the other girl's care is because she is still delusional or because in past chapter she realized it was not her sister and symbolize her moving on, but this part brought me tears to my eyes, at least she is over with this now. I'm glad for her.

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

reunited with her better half

Yep.

Seriously, I don't know why one and a half scenes with Kurumi makes people ignore that Miki has always had a much stronger connection with Yuki

joined Feb 15, 2013

Other than the ironic ending of the Chosen One, not much to happen in this chapter, or this arc in general.

Certainly much weaker than the school arc. With the only exception of that Kurumi chapter

joined Apr 16, 2014

Yuki x Kurumi anyone? #alone

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

Honestly, rather than shipping her with anyone, I'll just be happy if Kurumi continues to survive. She hasn't been in great shape for a long while now, and we haven't established anything about her current state other than "Yuki isn't willing to give up on her yet"

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Moving on to the working life arc now, boys. Let's see how our girls here handle the predominantly undead workforce!

Yuu3
joined Mar 12, 2014

I want Kurumi to make it :( . That said I'd be willing to bet money she goes out in a sort of self-sacrifice kinda way.

I suppose the fact that the survivors are only temporarily immune to the disease means that a full cure of some sort would be required for an ending with people being alive; which could also save kurumi.

That said, the only 2 people we know who got the disease from the air are both male. Perhaps being female is the key to immunity from the airborne virus (or it just allows them to be immune for longer)?

last edited at Mar 10, 2017 5:39PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Yandere yuki LMAO

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

Yuki/Kurumi, just gotta hope kurimu lives.

To reply you must either login or sign up.