Forum › Anime season

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

anyways, new season starting, already saw something that might hold my attention Masamune-kun no Revenge, seems good so far.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Waiting for a good fansub to pick Urara
Masamune has a trap in it... Gotta watch that

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

That why yuri stories made by male author are not popular. The author seems to make yuri scenes in that series just becuz of lust rather than making it romantic or natural.

Why don't you add that non-lesbian author is rubbish when it comes to writing yuri? And we should not read coming-of-age story unless it was written by a known pedophile?

Becuz it's painfully obvious they never understood yuri in first place esp this author. This series is perfect example of How male who generally aren't interested or understand yuri see lesbians.

Lol what the fuck
And I suppose that somehow, you, despite that logic and by definition as a straight man, understands yuri and can judge and set criteria for other men? There's something ironically pretentious about your attitude

Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

It's not like any Fate fan's gonna be like "Oh yep, my favorite incarnation of Shirou is definitely the one in the magical girl spin-off that is the least similar to Fate than any other spin-off. I feel like his characterization there is the most well-written one."

Funnily enough, you're wrong on this. Shirou in Kaleid is one of the more beloved versions of Shirou.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Funnily enough, you're wrong on this. Shirou in Kaleid is one of the more beloved versions of Shirou.

I have to say... that said a lot more about other versions of Shirou than about this one.

last edited at Jan 6, 2017 1:07AM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Waiting for a good fansub to pick Urara

I was waiting for it to show and checkin Crunchyroll periodically like an idiot... until I remembered, that Crunchyroll never said it had licensed the show!

Hopefully we'll get some good subs and soon!

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I have to say... that said a lot more about other versions of Shirou than about this one.

Yeah...

Edit: although they're right though, it is pretty funny that one of the more liked Shirou is the one that's not even taking center stage. I'm glad I was wrong; it further helps drive home the point that Shirou isn't exactly the best protagonist/character/master. I vote for Shirou actually getting killed by Lancer at the beginning then Ayaka from Strange Fake arriving and becoming Saber's master instead.

last edited at Jan 6, 2017 10:01AM

joined Jan 8, 2016

Yeah, he is so flat in comparison you could use him as a cutting board.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Yeah, he is so flat in comparison you could use him as a cutting board.

Disagree. A cutting board probably has more character than him.

Archer (yeah I know his background) at least has some proper personality that you can sympathise with. Shirou is basically just an author/audience self-insert, so his job is to be as bland as boring as you could find

last edited at Jan 6, 2017 5:18PM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Anyway. New season. New season.

Schoolgirl Striker, my most anticipated anime in January (simply because I am playing the game). Not much to spoil, but I'm really glad with what has been showing so far. Especially the pace, as it throw hints and information on the table rather than explain every tiny thing and walk through and introduce every character background. I think most of the game players (like me) will feel very happy with this approach. (I was like 'Kyaa, character X appeared' all episode). Expect them to explore more on each character later on through

If it is what I think it is, the ending of the anime will be fairly awesome.

Not sure how non-players feel about it through? Experience tell me that those who are not familiar with the source could feel a bit overwhelming, with character being introduced left and right.

On the yuri front, some certain characters are in the anime. The only question is whether they will tone up or down the yuri~ish element of it. But with no male in sight, I assume girls bonding will play a huge part anyway

last edited at Jan 6, 2017 6:59PM

joined Jan 8, 2016

A disaster survivor suffering from PTSD who has his actually a morally questionable ideals deconstructed even by the cast who can't really decide if it's a good thing or not, is less interesting than the goody-good-shoes-can-do-nothing-wrong that still retains the only likable traits the original had to begin with?

?????????????????????????????????????????

Shirou isn't even a self-insert, you have to choose the options that go completly against common sense, who the fuck jumps into deaths jaw the first time and thinkss to themself "Yeah, that's totally what I would do" IF THEY WERE INSANE AND SUICIIDAL.

last edited at Jan 6, 2017 8:26PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

On the yuri front, some certain characters are in the anime. The only question is whether they will tone up or down the yuri~ish element of it. But with no male in sight, I assume girls bonding will play a huge part anyway

As a non-player that's all I needed to know to pick up the series. Thanks.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

risingstar3110 posted:

Anyway. New season. New season.

Schoolgirl Striker, my most anticipated anime in January (simply because I am playing the game). Not much to spoil, but I'm really glad with what has been showing so far. Especially the pace, as it throw hints and information on the table rather than explain every tiny thing and walk through and introduce every character background. I think most of the game players (like me) will feel very happy with this approach. (I was like 'Kyaa, character X appeared' all episode). Expect them to explore more on each character later on through

If it is what I think it is, the ending of the anime will be fairly awesome.

Not sure how non-players feel about it through? Experience tell me that those who are not familiar with the source could feel a bit overwhelming, with character being introduced left and right.

Just saw it and I like it, no problem with the many girls because they're introduced as team and not individuals.
The animation it's good and the 3d environment are really pretty! I was expecting something more bland to be honest.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Schoolgirl Strikers seems alright. Good action, and the more annoying characters didn't get much focus. Am moderately worried about how they're going to handle all the secondary characters

Urara Meirochou is more impressive for the visual artistry than anything else, but is still a functional CGDCT comedy. Also, a lot of yuri bits, both subtext and explicit crushes

I didn't like Minami Kamakura

last edited at Jan 6, 2017 11:10PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Urara Meirochou, much more entertaining than what I expected, Really happy that I am liking something this much, been a while.
And as Hylarn pointed out, its overloaded with yuri-ish/subtext moments ~ almost non-stop.

also, theres a thing going on with bellies... I mean, I am not against it... given that I have a thing for belly-waists... this is good for me. (not into the full bellies tho)

last edited at Jan 7, 2017 4:35AM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Schoolgirl Strikers seems alright. Good action, and the more annoying characters didn't get much focus. Am moderately worried about how they're going to handle all the secondary characters

Urara Meirochou is more impressive for the visual artistry than anything else, but is still a functional CGDCT comedy. Also, a lot of yuri bits, both subtext and explicit crushes

I didn't like Minami Kamakura

I liked all of those, but Urara is so far my favourite of the season!! So cute and yurific! Yurika Kubo is in it! The OP (I love, love, loved that butt shaking: adorable!!) and ED are great, both visually and musically. And the downside: the shows not on Crunchyroll...

I hate having to wait a week for the next episode.

Oh, and Yuu Kobayashi is in Schoolgirl Strikers! That was a pleasant surprise. I hope her role isn't a minor one.

last edited at Jan 7, 2017 5:16AM

joined Jan 21, 2015

I sampled three of J.C Staff's productions for the season. School Girl Strikers explained many things and introduced a lot of characters in a short time, but I'm not familiar with the game so I expected to be confused at first. The Star + Food theme naming for the teams is an odd choice though.

I don't have much of an opinion on Minami Kamakura (...) yet but it has really pretty background art.

Urara Meirochou is very much a Kirara series so people who hate the genre won't be swayed by it, but it stands out from the sea of 4koma manga out there. It looks great so far. Harikamo is really good at depicting slightly surreal fantasy settings and I'm glad the art preserved that. It has quite a bit of fanservice, mostly due to Chiya's weird outfit (that was an editorial decision) and her tendency to invade people's personal space.
There's one fansub that translated the ED lyrics and they're hilariously gay. It's clearly meant as a generic pop song about girls falling in love with boys, but Urara has zero male characters so you kind of work with the material you're given.

With the historical fantasy setting and the pseudo-animal ears, I'd recommend it to fans of Itou Hachi's work.

joined Sep 21, 2014

I liked Schoolgirl Strikers's animation and most of the character designs, but I have to say I was really bored tho
I want to continue the series, maybe I'll like the 2nd-3rd eps, but rn, aside from the animation and its style, I'm really not into it :/
Eh, and idk, is no one else bothered by their outfits and certain angles sometimes? Just sometimes?

Main team's outfits look kinda scifi with hi-tech weapons, this other team is like steam punk maids, and the last one had girls with like military weapons and... bikinis?
Well um, at least it was their styles are varied. Lots of styles and um, combinations.
I liked the maid outfits, that team looked cute, but it just kinda makes me lol when I remember that they're supposed to be fighting these giant things and the badass action scenes also cut to angles that low key focus on the frilly skirts rising and revealing the garter belts. The bikini team's girls were also quite badass, but it feels just a little bit ridiculous sometimes. But shit they were really cool tho
Well, I really do like the animation, it looks pretty good, but it'd be hard to work through an entire series based on aesthetics alone. Or actually, on second thought, whether the plot interests me or not, I might continue this for the lols and the fighting scenes. Well, fingers crossed, it's only been one episode. SG Strikers was one of the three anime I was the most interested in, I don't want to let it go just yet :/

joined Mar 11, 2016

Guys, what happened to Long Riders?!

Looks like it's been delayed because of the production issues they had early on.

Awww, and I was looking forward to these episodes too. yare yare.

Is Urara our new ping pong or flip flappers of this season?

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I liked Schoolgirl Strikers's animation and most of the character designs, but I have to say I was really bored tho
I want to continue the series, maybe I'll like the 2nd-3rd eps, but rn, aside from the animation and its style, I'm really not into it :/
Eh, and idk, is no one else bothered by their outfits and certain angles sometimes? Just sometimes?
![]>
Main team's outfits look kinda scifi with hi-tech weapons, this other team is like steam punk maids, and the last one had girls with like military weapons and... bikinis?
Well um, at least it was their styles are varied. Lots of styles and um, combinations.
I liked the maid outfits, that team looked cute, but it just kinda makes me lol when I remember that they're supposed to be fighting these giant things and the badass action scenes also cut to angles that low key focus on the frilly skirts rising and revealing the garter belts. The bikini team's girls were also quite badass, but it feels just a little bit ridiculous sometimes. But shit they were really cool tho
Well, I really do like the animation, it looks pretty good, but it'd be hard to work through an entire series based on aesthetics alone. Or actually, on second thought, whether the plot interests me or not, I might continue this for the lols and the fighting scenes. Well, fingers crossed, it's only been one episode. SG Strikers was one of the three anime I was the most interested in, I don't want to let it go just yet :/

Try to stick around a bit. See how it pan out first (I don't know what direction they are going too) xD

It could go a bit drama~ish, play out Tsubame's amnesia, and struggle with her leadership. Or just go all goofy comedy with Yuumi/ SoL with other team. Expect plenty of Io through as she's popular.

Am I bothered by the outfit theme? Yeah. The bikini military camo did bother me a fair bit too in game. I guess they just go with popular clothing fetish a) uniform, b) swimwear, c) maid, d) gothic. Then combine it with weapon theme a) medieval, b) industrial/ steampunk, c) modern, d) futuristic. So we have:
- futuristic + uniform
- modern (military) + swimwear (some of the stronger version in game is one-piece-look-alike)
- steampunk + maid
- medieval + gothic

last edited at Jan 7, 2017 2:18PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Try to stick around a bit. See how it pan out first (I don't know what direction they are going too) xD

It could go a bit drama~ish, play out Tsubame's amnesia, and struggle with her leadership. Or just go all goofy comedy with Yuumi/ SoL with other team. Expect plenty of Io through as she's popular.

Hm, I like Tsubame. I think I'd like to see more of her backstory and all, tho Yuumi's shenanigans aren't unwelcome either, and I like Io too. Lol, I do like the characters (the side ones too. Their outfits might be really revealing, but damn I still think they're cool). I hope I grow fond enough of them, that they can pull me in even if the plot don't hold up. More anime to watch isn't a bad thing

• futuristic + uniform
  • modern (military) + swimwear (some of the stronger version in game is one-piece-look-alike)
  • steampunk maid
  • medieval gothic

Ok I know that like, half my post was criticising their choice of attire for the girls' battle gear designs, but I do find it unique, at the very least. Tho I probs would have preferred if it wasn't swimwear instead, like their weapons and fighting style was pretty cool, it would have looked even better with something else tbh. I don't think that combining certain outfits with sets of weapons was a bad idea, but the bikinis are probs the thing that weirds me out the most. Like the rest are sorta like magical girl outfits i guess? But swimwear is really pushing it

last edited at Jan 7, 2017 2:21PM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Hm, I like Tsubame. I think I'd like to see more of her backstory and all, tho Yuumi's shenanigans aren't unwelcome either, and I like Io too. Lol, I do like the characters (the side ones too. Their outfits might be really revealing, but damn I still think they're cool). I hope I grow fond enough of them, that they can pull me in even if the plot don't hold up. More anime to watch isn't a bad thing

• futuristic + uniform
  • modern (military) + swimwear (some of the stronger version in game is one-piece-look-alike)
  • steampunk maid
  • medieval gothic

Ok I know that like, half my post was criticising their choice of attire for the girls' battle gear designs, but I do find it unique, at the very least. Tho I probs would have preferred if it wasn't swimwear instead, like their weapons and fighting style was pretty cool, it would have looked even better with something else tbh

Maybe because you, like me, don't have swimsuit fetish? xD

But yeah when it's less obvious to be swimwear, it looks much better. For example (not really spoiler, as don't think it will appear in the anime): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9HtotCKKqw or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5ceGtqkcqM

last edited at Jan 7, 2017 2:29PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Maybe because you, like me, don't have swimsuit fetish? xD

But yeah when it's less obvious to be swimwear, it looks much better. For example (not really spoiler, as don't think it will appear in the anime): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9HtotCKKqw or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5ceGtqkcqM

ROFL
That senpai can come stab me any day tbh not really but i still like her
The second link killed me haha, I'm not used to seeing girls pull out guns and just straight up fill shit up with lead and then blow them up, it's great

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Oh damn, this was the best Gohan shit Super ever offered and the next 2 episodes will also be Gohan stuff including a fight against Goku, is this it? Is it finally time to not be ashamed of being a gohanfag anymore?

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Yeah, Urara Meirochou do scream gay all over the place. And if you have any doubts, the captain and her two subordinate should remove any doubts.

The cast surely is unique. And adorable as heck. Definitely stick for entertainment and 'healing' aspect

To reply you must either login or sign up.