Forum › Nekomura discussion

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Aahhh the Tokoharu of Akaga. I'm lovin' it.
Also their art style might be one of my favorite on this website.

last edited at Jul 29, 2018 4:46AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

an original by Nekomura,
https://exhentai.org/g/1076946/a7da02f45d/

short, not hentai, but was on a hentai magazine release.

joined Jul 20, 2018

I always love to see new stuff from Nekomura.
Love the Art Style!!!

last edited at Jul 20, 2018 10:34AM

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Nekomura's twitter:
Check out 猫村 (@neco28): https://twitter.com/neco28?s=09

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Nekomura's twitter:
Check out 猫村 (@neco28): https://twitter.com/neco28?s=09

Heck yeah, look at all that ice cream

De8f36554faa66ff1cbf28142164fa13
joined Apr 20, 2020

Good job my yuri friend <3 btw i love you art style

934c158f-6d10-4800-a176-151cb1c96d1b
joined Dec 23, 2019

When will Dynasty upload Nekomura’s omegaverse? It’s been 2 years.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

So... are we just going to ignore that nekomura asked Dynasty to take down their work? Not sure how the rules apply here (or the law, for that matter).

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

So... are we just going to ignore that nekomura asked Dynasty to take down their work? Not sure how the rules apply here (or the law, for that matter).

Mods have been informed, it’s likely gonna be taken down. Here to read it all one last time

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Mods have been informed, it’s likely gonna be taken down. Here to read it all one last time

Yip, read em while you can. Dynasty is good about honoring take down requests from Publishers, Authors, and Scanlators.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I would suggest downloading while you still can. While most of this stuff can be found elsewhere on the internet, some things are solely on Dynasty (like Akaga Short Comic).

Not sure how the rules apply here (or the law, for that matter).

How the law applies to a manga pirate site?? As for the rules, as BlueDsc said, Dynasty honours takedown requests without much issue.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I would suggest downloading while you still can. While most of this stuff can be found elsewhere on the internet, some things are solely on Dynasty (like Akaga Short Comic).

Not sure how the rules apply here (or the law, for that matter).

How the law applies to a manga pirate site?? As for the rules, as BlueDsc said, Dynasty honours takedown requests without much issue.

A lot of websites like these rely on legal loopholes or specific interpretations of local law in order to be left alone by governments. Kind of like AO3 and the whole concept of "transformative works". Since Dynasty has a general rule of taking down works licensed for English language release, I wondered whether this might be the case here.

Not a lawyer, though, so I can't really tell the difference between websites that are barely legal and the ones that host outright illegal content.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

A lot of websites like these rely on legal loopholes or specific interpretations of local law in order to be left alone by governments. Kind of like AO3 and the whole concept of "transformative works".

Fanfiction is fundamentally different than manga scanlation, though. The equivalent to scanlation in this case would be taking a book, The Hobbit for example, and making an unlicensed translation rather than any kind of a fan work based on the characters or the setting. There are many who argue that fanfiction is illegal anyway, as it is using copyrighted characters and settings, but it is certainly a more grey area than just outright making a 1-on-1 translation of the original work into a different language.

I do not know of any scanlated manga site that could be said operates legally, even in some grey sense. You can have a legally scanlated manga, though, if the author gives you permission (it is the author who is the important factor here, as in Japan the authors generally keep copyright and do not relinquish it to publishers), and there are examples even on this site of such cases, but I do not know of a dedicated website that hosts solely such scanlations.

Since Dynasty has a general rule of taking down works licensed for English language release, I wondered whether this might be the case here.

This is done to encourage the purchase of legal copies, in order to support the authors (as they generally get royalties on sales - not much, mind you, but something nonetheless). And even then, this rule is not strictly enforced, you will find plenty of licensed works that are still on Dynasty, they generally stay here unless directly DMCA'ed.

It is essentially a nicety, rather than being done for any legal reasons. Whether manga is licensed in English or not is generally irrelevant in regards to the illegality of scanlation. And mind you, this is something that people should be kept aware of, as many incidents were had over western fans openly posting on social media about scanlated manga they are following, leading to DMCA's when authors discover such tweets (which is also what happened in this particular case). Be smart, people.

OrangePekoe Admin
New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

does Nekomura's request to have her stuff removed from here also include the images? As far as I can see those haven't been deleted yet, so I wanted to know (in part because I like a majority of those)

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Aah, i was trying save all her works but it was too late :(

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Damn, just found out about this. What a huge bummer. Sugar and Salt is one of my favorite works.

De8f36554faa66ff1cbf28142164fa13
joined Apr 20, 2020

Nooo nekomura why :((

joined May 29, 2022

Do we know why she asked to do this ?

joined Feb 16, 2020

what a question wow...

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Because scanlation is a form of piracy. A lot of authors don't appreciate people reading unauthorized copies of their works for free.

To reply you must either login or sign up.