Forum › Anime season

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Apocrypha is being done by A-1 Pictures I think. I would be excited solely for Mordred and Astolfo except that Jeanne and Siegfried romance was pretty cringe.

Edit: Apocrypha branches out from the mainline series as well for those who want to know, but unlike Fate/Extra where the world changed completely, Fate Apocrypha still follows all that shtick with the families and magi and only branches out marginally from the mainline series, so background knowledge of mainline series would be more important here. Also no yuri iirc.

last edited at Dec 31, 2016 12:09PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Apocrypha is being done by A-1 Pictures I think. I would be excited solely for Mordred and Astolfo except that Jeanne and Siegfried romance was pretty cringe.

Edit: Apocrypha branches out from the mainline series as well for those who want to know, but unlike Fate/Extra where the world changed completely, Fate Apocrypha still follows all that shtick with the families and magi and only branches out marginally from the mainline series, so background knowledge of mainline series would be more important here. Also no yuri iirc.

The only hope we had for yuri was Grand Order first order but they picked the male lead... I guess they don't like it.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

The only hope we had for yuri was Grand Order first order but they picked the male lead... I guess they don't like it.

Fate/Extra could easily have a lot of blatant yuri as well though if they pick female protagonist; arguably more than Grand Order tbh. The disappointment from not getting Gudako is acceptable as long as anime female Hakuno exists.

Phew, that's Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel movie trilogy + Fate/Extra + Fate/Apocrypha + Fate/Grand Order. Yeah, we'll be getting quite a bit of Fate anime next year.

Edit: I must say though that Fate/Extra PV was much more interesting for me than the Apocrypha one. Apocrypha was as expected of what it would look like as an anime, but Extra had all that usual surreal/weird stuff from Shaft piled in with Saber asking a skeleton (Hakuno?) if it was her master combined with the piano background music.

last edited at Dec 31, 2016 1:05PM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Someone wake me up when there's actual yuri without implied endings pleae... I'm desperate.

^Citrus and NTR in 2017.

You can't even be sure, we don't know either how they will end nor the way their anime adaptation will. So I wouldn't be surprised to see troll ends for these two, and given the original material, it wouldn't bother me at all. All we can do is wait for a decent yuri to be turned into an anime, and creating a larger yuri fanbase shall be the role of Citrus and NTR.
And if it's a hit, the amount of animated yuri should increase, and they might pick up the good ones.

As for the question above, I'd mention Simoun. In spite of not being a yuri at all, it has a yuri ending, and even that aside, it's totally worth the watch.

Trust me, I've watched everything that has legit yuri content. And I miss the times where everything was painfully serious, dramatic and angsty.

At this point I'd be happy if they tried an original because usually manga material isn't suited for an anime adaption anyways in the yuri category which sucks.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

You can't even be sure, we don't know either how they will end nor the way their anime adaptation will. So I wouldn't be surprised to see troll ends for these two, and given the original material, it wouldn't bother me at all. All we can do is wait for a decent yuri to be turned into an anime, and creating a larger yuri fanbase shall be the role of Citrus and NTR.

I don't understand how Citrus could get a troll ending. They start dating in chapter 16, the studio would have to throw in a ton of filler if they want to end the series before then.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ2phsbuTN8

On one hand, can we please move past Fate already? On the other, Shaft being Shaft, with the potential for yuri

joined Jan 8, 2016

Probably a bit late but JoJo Part 4 so best.

No one looks like they escaped from Fist of the North Star, except Kira in the bathroom, the colours were nice, Jotaros story breaker powers were being kept in check by clever new powers, (also props to his new cool look) and Koishi came around for me too after the yandere story.

Kira was pretty boss too even without the natural charm Dio has, too bad he got a bit OP to even the odds.

Also, lots of ORA & DORA soothes my heart. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrXz_ys0jDw

joined Mar 11, 2016

Ai Mai Mi's 3rd season first episode was yurilious.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Indeed. And hilarious. I hadn't seen the previous seasons, so I had to watch those first. Wasn't disappointed!

joined Feb 15, 2013

Heya, with 2016 passed had new season not yet started, should we at least discussed about our favourite yuri~ish anime/manga/dj of 2016?

2016 anime is not so good on the yuri front for me. And I think I missed a fair bit of shows. But subtext, we have the New Game (which is basically same with source material), Moretsu Pirates Movie was a disgrace. Haifuri barely offer much subtext. A bit better: Koukako no Pandora (old show) and Izetta have a fairly bit of touchy feely. Hibike S2 ep 1 was great, but I dropped after it because i know it's the start of yuri bait. One of the highlight: Illiya and Kuro make-up making-out in Fate Kaleid. The year actually capped off in high note with Flip Flappers

On yuri manga front. It was definitely a lot better where several of my favourite series are running strong. Gakkou Gurashi was a bit weak with the new arc, but Kurumiki is coming up, finger-crossed. I also found my favourite in Satou in Sugar Happy Life, then angry Yuzumori-san is angry. And the wife in Opapagoto recently stole my heart. She is soon becoming my favourite yuri character of all time. Special mention to Tenkuu Shinpan, where the yuri came up totally unexpected in a shounen manga.

Finally doujin front, Karuha dj on Maki x Niko was a masterpiece and rose above all for me. After read that series, I officially acknowledged it to be canon, as no one else could do the pairing better than that

last edited at Jan 4, 2017 12:10PM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

R.I.P Mi-chan
2013-2017
Killed by yuri.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

One of the highlight: Illiya and Kuro make-up making-out in Fate Kaleid.

Yeah, if Fate Kaleid could like set Shirou on fire and throw his corpse off a bridge, that would be swell. Still won't watch it, but it'd be nice.

last edited at Jan 5, 2017 12:43AM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Yeah, if Fate Kaleid could like set Shirou on fire and throw his corpse off a bridge, that would be swell. Still won't watch it, but it'd be nice.

Pretty much what he/she said.

The fact that this series was made by a guy with little to no lesbian experince is so painfully obvious makes it really cringeworthy.

Not to mention that creepy incest......(shivers)

joined Jan 8, 2016

The fact that this series was made by a guy with little to no lesbian experince is so painfully obvious makes it really cringeworthy.

But... Kuro x Illya is also incest...

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

But... Kuro x Illya is also incest...

You mean that self incest? That's even more disgusting than that lolicon brother-sister incest.

That why yuri stories made by male author are not popular. The author seems to make yuri scenes in that series just becuz of lust rather than making it romantic or natural.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Well, i concur this (hence never could watch any of the actual Fate series after the 2003 one). Why the heck do you make a spin-off series of a spin-off series featuring the character of the original series? Desperated much?

But can't understand the whole deal against selfcest through. I means what is morally wrong with it? Not only they are totally fictional (characters from parallell/ alternative/ altered universe) and can't be judged by real world morality. But also it you try to classify it, Kuro and Illiya are non-sibling twins, or...magical clone of each other. It's not even incest

About their relationship, you only have 2 girls who were really close from birth. With Kuro have (firstly was jealousy, but later on) ultimate affection toward Illiya because Illiya is the one she once wished to be, but not able to become

That why yuri stories made by male author are not popular. The author seems to make yuri scenes in that series just becuz of lust rather than making it romantic or natural.

Why don't you add that non-lesbian author is rubbish when it comes to writing yuri? And we should not read coming-of-age story unless it was written by a known pedophile?

last edited at Jan 5, 2017 6:45AM

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Well, i concur this (hence never could watch any of the actual Fate series after the 2003 one). Why the heck do you make a spin-off series of a spin-off series featuring the character of the original series? Desperated much?

From what I hear they brought over the harem nonsense (including Illya because they HAD to carry that part over too). Like I know little to nothing about Kaleid, but wasn't it an alternate universe where Fate/Zero never happened since Kiritsugu and his wife decided to screw the grail war over? In that case...Why adopt Shirou?!

It's not like any Fate fan's gonna be like "Oh yep, my favorite incarnation of Shirou is definitely the one in the magical girl spin-off that is the least similar to Fate than any other spin-off. I feel like his characterization there is the most well-written one." or any yuri fans will be "Yep, I feel like the addition of tired het elements in this story through Shirou is a welcome addition and brings a nice change of pace." OR "Oh golly gosh, Shirou Emiya?! I'm gonna go watch this show now and hope HE becomes the magical girl!"

last edited at Jan 5, 2017 6:58AM

joined Mar 11, 2016

Guys, what happened to Long Riders?!

joined Jan 21, 2015

Guys, what happened to Long Riders?!

Looks like it's been delayed because of the production issues they had early on.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Holy shit! February?! I need my Aoi x Ai :( ehmm I mean bicycles

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Why don't you add that non-lesbian author is rubbish when it comes to writing yuri? And we should not read coming-of-age story unless it was written by a known pedophile?

Becuz it's painfully obvious they never understood yuri in first place esp this author. This series is perfect example of How male who generally aren't interested or understand yuri see lesbians.

last edited at Jan 5, 2017 12:55PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Well Shuumatsu No Izetta was written by a guy, and it was pretty decent. Prism and KnM too.
Also Akuma No Riddle by a straight female
There are generally differences between male and female Yuri authors, but I don't think we can say that only lesbian females are capable of writing good Yuri stories.

last edited at Jan 5, 2017 1:06PM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Well Shuumatsu No Izetta was written by a guy, and it was pretty decent. Prism and KnM too.
There are generally differences between male and female Yuri authors, but I don't think we can say that only lesbian females are capable of writing good Yuri stories.

And if I remember correctly, Whispered Words was written (and drawn) by a guy, and I think it's one of the best yuri mangas out there.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

From what I hear they brought over the harem nonsense (including Illya because they HAD to carry that part over too). Like I know little to nothing about Kaleid, but wasn't it an alternate universe where Fate/Zero never happened since Kiritsugu and his wife decided to screw the grail war over? In that case...Why adopt Shirou?!

It's not like any Fate fan's gonna be like "Oh yep, my favorite incarnation of Shirou is definitely the one in the magical girl spin-off that is the least similar to Fate than any other spin-off. I feel like his characterization there is the most well-written one." or any yuri fans will be "Yep, I feel like the addition of tired het elements in this story through Shirou is a welcome addition and brings a nice change of pace." OR "Oh golly gosh, Shirou Emiya?! I'm gonna go watch this show now and hope HE becomes the magical girl!"

That actually would make his role more interesting in this series

Maybe because I skipped out Kaleid S1 and the manga, but Shirou involvement here was fairly bearable. Typical only play as the butt of joke for Illiya brocon. At least Illiya resisted him with all her might when he was drugged up and tried to kiss her (despite make-out with Kuro on daily basis).

Honestly, I still feel the classifying of Fate Kaleid to be non-yuri is very unfair. Surely it overplay yuri fan-service, but it does not means yuri does not exist out of it. Because if the role of Kuro and Shirou was reversed. Most will think that Shirou x Illiya ending is 100%. I means it has every element that you can ship them on:
- bitter rivalry turn friendship, turn soul mate (literally) who one is dependent on another for the rest of their life
- lots of passionate moment together (most of the time: tongue wrestling and body caressing)
- Kuro refused Miyu's offer to be Illiya replacement (replenishing mana through making-out), kiss Miyu cheek instead
- Kuro without 2nd thought, pick seeing the world burn rather than seeing Illiya's despair
- Illiya "I only can fight when someone is with me." blushing while playing with her hair "So, Kuro stay with me. I don't want us separated anymore"

last edited at Jan 5, 2017 2:28PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

And if I remember correctly, Whispered Words was written (and drawn) by a guy, and I think it's one of the best yuri mangas out there.

ain't Fujieda Miyabi a dude too? or was it Minamoto Hisanari? or both?

To reply you must either login or sign up.