Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

slumber party? thats the perfect opportunity for them to finally not confess to each other again!!!
Subaru definitely has something for Asakura, and i cant wait how it will get resolved too.

joined Apr 19, 2016

well, child asakura looks like the takoyaki shirt-kun imo

joined Feb 23, 2016

can't wait for ch 18!(・Д・)ノ

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

hee hee heee im still really enjoying this

slumber party woop woop!

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

subaru is the cutest girl tbh

Fear-dull02
joined Jan 1, 2017

I think this chapter hints of Asakura being Washio's first crush. Just from him saying he was confessed to in his sixth year of school which is still elementary in Japan. And that flashback to him as a kid and how it was suspiciously shown from the back as to not show the front of his T-shirt.

But seriously, the main characters should really focus on what their love interest is now and not that first moment they shared together.

Kotooka seems to be the only one doing that. The scene in Chapter 2 where she was talking about Tsukasa with Washio as they were looking at her practice stands out; the fact she seemed to look up that information herself. And I always to remember Asakura's words to Tsukasa about "to know is to like someone", and that they may be the arc words of the story. While the inner turmoil she's going through may be a large factor, Kotooka is definitely the most rational out of the three in handling their crush. And that's why I think she's the least likely person to change love interests, because she's actively trying to fall out of love with Tsukasa.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I have a very strong feeling that Asakura x Subaru won't be confirmed at the end. Maybe an open ending with Asakura being rejected and Subaru try to cheer him up or something.

The reason is because the manga so far has been trying so hard to create a reason for Subaru to cross-dressing (the only reason that we suspect his sexuality right now). Which frankly kinda fall into the "sexuality is dictated by childhood upbringing" that Japan and East Asia especially don't believe in.

The author may tease us now, but with current tangle on relationship, it may take another whole manga to set Subaru and Asakura up. Way after the love triangle is solved

last edited at Jan 4, 2017 5:57PM

joined Jun 30, 2015

Which frankly kinda fall into the "sexuality is dictated by childhood upbringing" that Japan and East Asia especially don't believe in.

Uhh, depends on who you ask. On the "East Asia" part of it, as far as I know, we just didn't have super strong opinions about that in general. It seems a little weird that you think that particular belief is especially disbelieved since most people don't even bother talking about it.

last edited at Jan 4, 2017 7:15PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Takoyaki t-shirt anyone? You don't show that t-shirt twice if you're not going to use it at some point.

I bet it's Tsukasa.

Washio x Tsukasa seems the most likely if the author intends to make at least one couple. The yaoi couple comes next.

Washio studied and is aware that people say that it's usually "just a phase", but she isn't buying it.

She's clearly attracted to females. And she has a very good relationship with Tsukasa : it's regularly hinted that she's not completely indifferent to Tsukasa, even if for now she's blinded by Kotooka.

Kotooka is the most likely loser and she will probably move on/move away near the end of the story, after a heartfelt confession to Tsukasa.

My chips are on it.

I'd tend to agree. Tsukasa is also the likeliest to end up with someone just because she is, over all, the closest to a "main" character and also the beneficiary of the almost infallible "first girl wins" phenomenon. This may be a less deep analysis than some of the ones I've seen here, but these points are very reliable.
(She's the closest to a main character because her character was explored first, perhaps most over all, and because she is the nexus between the main plot and the major subplot; also because she has the most heroine-ish personality)

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

everyone has a different pairing in their minds, it's hilarious...

There are so many possibilities but I can't see any way this is ending up happily for everyone.

Massive poly pileup?

Well, yes, it's pretty clear that these kids, with their particular love direction combined with their very strong feelings of friendship for the person they aren't aimed at, could make a three-way relationship work unusually well.
But it's still true that I cant see any way this is, in the manga as it has any chance whatsoever of being written, ending up happily for everyone. The poly solution just ain't gonna happen.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Honestly, I also feel like Washio x Tsukasa is the most likely ship to pull through given their current relationship. However, part of me thinks that with all of the character building Kotooka has received, she might be the one in it for a happy ending instead.

For me, all of the signs are pointing towards Washio x Tsukasa, but I'm still desperately holding onto the idea of Kotooka x Tsukasa. :(

Well, guess I'll just have to wait until chapter 21 comes out in a couple of weeks.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Which frankly kinda fall into the "sexuality is dictated by childhood upbringing" that Japan and East Asia especially don't believe in.

Uhh, depends on who you ask. On the "East Asia" part of it, as far as I know, we just didn't have super strong opinions about that in general. It seems a little weird that you think that particular belief is especially disbelieved since most people don't even bother talking about it.

Wait...

Of course it's a totally disbelief if people don't talk about it. Either that or an indisputable fact that there is no need for discussion (which obviously this case isn't)

joined Jun 30, 2015

Wait...

Of course it's a totally disbelief if people don't talk about it. Either that or an indisputable fact that there is no need for discussion (which obviously this case isn't)

What the fuck? That's not how it works? At all? It's just generally a socially tabooed subject, what people do behind doors is just that, as in it's just not the sort of subject people spend a serious amount of time talking about. That's tantamount to arguing that if I don't have a seriously strong opinion about, say, Santa going commando underneath his suit that I have a robust system of disbeliefs and beliefs regarding Saint Nick's hypothetical clothing habits. It's just flat wrong, and assuming my or other people's opinion on the subject when I honestly just don't care or haven't even thought about it is retarded. If you gave normal people relatively strong evidence regarding sexuality's being dictated by childhood upbringing, they'd probably say something along the lines of "oh, okay, that's interesting/get out of my face with your fliers/can you just give me those fries i ordered?". It's just not too serious a social subject unlike over here where it's blared over loudspeakers at every street corner; it's, at best, an academic curiosity that most people aren't nearly invested enough to have an opinion about one way or another.

last edited at Jan 5, 2017 8:28AM

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Nya-chan said,

Kisa, I disagree on everything you wrote. :P

Waaaaah???
Cute.
I know it's only my opinion. I think that's what makes series like this fun. Trying to see who done it, or who ends up with who. Without having to look 39 chapters ahead on some sketchy site with the raws.
Katooka does think about Washio a lot. She is always worrying about being alone with Washio, obsessed with being normal around her, making all this effort to show off her supposed boyfriend to Washio,(yes, I'm doubting that there is a relationship.)
Why go thru all the effort?
Why doesn't she spend this much time worrying about what Tsukasa thinks?
I believe it's because she is recognizing for the first time, that real love could exist in Washio's heart for her. And Katatooka is beginning to wrestle with the doubts about her own feelings.
Washio is steady, unyielding in her love for Katooka. I don't think the author will let that go unfulfilled.
Whereas Tsukasa keeps slowly getting more comfortable with Asakura , with her brothers help,(unintended).
I'm still hopeful for a sweet yaoi scene though.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hachimitsu translated episode 18 too
Kotooka doesn't want to give Washio any chances, is like their friendship is already broken and only connected through Tsukasa :(
And now... I was expecting the cliffhanger, is the end of volume 4 after all, and there's rain... They were having fun... Girls are looking for Kotooka... Let's brace ourselves

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So yeah... Takoyaki-kun isn't any of the girls, nor is it Asakura. He was 2 years older. Maybe he will show up at some point.

^Someone actually summarized chapter 19 earlier in the thread. Kotooka and Washio end up at odds because of these girls.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

So it seems that Kotooka is barely getting along with Washio for Tsukasa's sake, i wonder if its because she knows she's in love with her or because she's jealous of her?

Well, we're two chapters away from catching up with the raws, so prepare yourselves for some drama

joined Feb 7, 2016

So it seems that Kotooka is barely getting along with Washio for Tsukasa's sake, i wonder if its because she knows she's in love with her or because she's jealous of her?

Well, we're two chapters away from catching up with the raws, so prepare yourselves for some drama

Ohhh maaannn

Dandelion-akane-30b
joined Jun 12, 2015

OOOOOOOOH YES I CAN JUST FEEL THE DRAMA COMING ON OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

For a person that is allegedly 'normal', Kotooka sure emphasizes it an awful lot.

I'm dying to know what the three girls' deal is. They don't seem to be wearing uniforms from Asakura's school, so maybe they know Kotooka from grade school?

last edited at Jan 5, 2017 4:55PM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I loved this panel of rock-paper-scissors.
It sums up their lil triangle so nicely.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

It even accurately shows who is in love with whom.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

that they all lose? XD

joined Feb 18, 2015

True! They each would win against the object of their affection, but loose against the one who is crushing on the one they love. Perfect symmetry!

joined Apr 15, 2013

Hachimitsu only does volume releases, so we are a couple months out from the next release. Such suspense.

To reply you must either login or sign up.