Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Happy new year!

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Happy new year fellows !

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Happy New Year! Let it be a better one! :)

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Happy New Year ! Down with 2016 and rise with 2017 ! It ought to be a great year I hope.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

DOWN WITH 2016 UP WITH 2017 !!!!! now let's pop the booze and drink to forget the bullshit of this year

last edited at Jan 1, 2017 1:17AM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

2016 gone?

(Sighs) so many things i couldn't do in that year.

Well i hope I could make things better this time.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I burned myself while lighting a sparkler... >_>
My dexterity level is top-notch xD

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! ヽ( ▼∀▼)ノ

I burned myself while lighting a sparkler... >_>
My dexterity level is top-notch xD

Sounds like the perfect start to a new year! ^^
Hope it's not too bad...

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Oh wow, Takemiya Jin is now playing Fate/Grand Order, that's kinda great. 2017 is sure having an interesting start. I pray that the gatcha isn't too harsh on her.

Edit: Dang it, her friends list is already full in-game; that was really fast.

last edited at Jan 1, 2017 12:31PM

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

Oh wow, Takemiya Jin is now playing Fate/Grand Order, that's kinda great.

How awesome would it be if she designed a new character

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Oh wow, Takemiya Jin is now playing Fate/Grand Order, that's kinda great.

How awesome would it be if she designed a new character

She already drew Mashu in her style, which was really fast considering that she just started.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Just saw Water Lillies movie.

I don't get the ending. Can someone explain?

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

The teenage crushes didn't last. Surprising, isn't it?

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

La naissance des pieuvres isn't really a lesbian movie, it's more a depiction of teenagers growing up and going through things such as first, transient feelings of love or sexual attraction. It's a recurrent theme, and often the main one in Celine Sciamma's movies, I could mention Tomboy too. It's more often a sexual ambiguity [whether it's relative to adolescence ot not] than actual saphism, and it doesn't worsen her movies at all, although I concede it's not everyone's cup of tea. Some people will find her cinema boring and will call it intellectual onanism, and some will be sensible to the way she follows up teenager girls's daily life, the way she catches their emotions and how they grow up , and the themes she tackles, such as loneliness, judging on appearance or even manipulation.

Urgh, I wrote quite a lot, guess you guys bringed out my cinephile side.

last edited at Jan 1, 2017 6:42PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

The teenage crushes didn't last. Surprising, isn't it?

Ouch

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

La naissance des pieuvres isn't really a lesbian movie, it's more a depiction of teenagers growing up and going through things such as first, transient feelings of love or sexual attraction. It's a recurrent theme, and often the main one in Celine Sciamma's movies, I could mention Tomboy too. It's more often a sexual ambiguity [whether it's relative to adolescence ot not] than actual saphism, and it doesn't worsen her movies at all, although I concede it's not everyone's cup of tea. Some people will find her cinema boring and will call it intellectual onanism, and some will be sensible to the way she follows up teenager girls's daily life, the way she catches their emotions and how they grow up , and the themes she tackles, such as loneliness, judging on appearance or even manipulation.

Urgh, I wrote quite a lot, guess you guys bringed out my cinephile side.

Yeah it was really weird. Most of the French lesbian movies are either girls cheating on each other with boys or girls just sexually confused.

I like English lesbian movies better. At least cheating is less there.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

La naissance des pieuvres isn't really a lesbian movie, it's more a depiction of teenagers growing up and going through things such as first, transient feelings of love or sexual attraction.

Sounds interesting, I remember the title and watching the trailer when I was a teenager, tho I never watched it. I might give it a go. For some reason I only recognised it you stated the French title, I suppose it's more striking and memorable than Water Lilies

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

She already drew Mashu in her style, which was really fast considering that she just started.

Awesome can you link it to me

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1GU9pBUsAAkhxh.jpg

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1GU9pBUsAAkhxh.jpg

Awesome

last edited at Jan 2, 2017 7:27PM

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Awesome

There's more where that came from:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1MdTFbUcAA4z95.jpg

You can take a peek at her twitter account and you'll see she's been talking about Fate/GO for a while now since the beginning of the year.

Edit: So far she summoned both Mordred and Artoria in a single roll and she tweeted right after that she's confused about their parent-child relationship, it's pretty great.

last edited at Jan 2, 2017 11:50PM

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

http://toyokeizai.net/articles/-/152157

A pretty interesting article about gender equality in Japan. (google translate kind of does a surprisingly decent job of making it readable)

"In Tokyo University, some were surprised to learn that female members wanting to join the tennis club were required to make lunches for male members."

The most interesting part for me at least is that it quotes Hillary Clinton quite a bit, especially her speech towards girls chasing their dreams. Say what you will about her, but she was able to reach a lot of people even if she didn't win.

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

How life works...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNu1ceKZgE4

d (^_^ )

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

GAIS! GAIS! I just came back from HELL! I don't think I've experienced such a difficult task in my entire life. I could feel my sanity slowly saying goodbye in a cute voice. I had to do some crazy stunts like ...playing outside and ...socialize with family and friends ...ugh I think I threw up a little.

What the heck am I talking about? brace yourself brave reader of this post: The internet was out for a week....yeah crazy stuff...I killed...so many on my way back..............what do you mean it was only out for 4 days?! it felt like an eternity to me!
I think I'll be ok now...I don't think I even need therapy.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

So I just saw the new RWBY episodes and I gotta say it has one of the best fight scenes I have watched

To reply you must either login or sign up.