Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I mean, thats the only place to go if you don't want to break anyone's heart. To me, it seems that Kotooka is the one who's going to get the happy ending. I'm basing this opinion on nothing but yuri tropes alone, the girl who's suffering the most is always the one who gets to have the happy ending in most yuri stories, and to me that would be Kotooka since she probably cries herself to sleep every day since she thinks she would never be able to be truly happy in love and that is thanks to some traumatic experience in the past. That alone screams yuri winner to me. If i were to bet right now, i'll bet 2 bucks that she wins the Tsukasabowl since i'm broke af.

Kotooka is also the most manipulative and duplicitous character, and short of a complete ass pull her winning the Tsukasabowl would throw at least half the characters under the bus. In fact, considering Washio's innermost thoughts and feelings from chapter 15, the idea kind of makes me sick, not that I'm biased towards or against any one character. I'm imagining every possible combination in my head and all of them make me sad. Realistically I think they should all look at other women.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Kotooka is also the most manipulative and duplicitous character, and short of a complete ass pull her winning the Tsukasabowl would throw at least half the characters under the bus. In fact, considering Washio's innermost thoughts and feelings from chapter 15, the idea kind of makes me sick, not that I'm biased towards or against any one character. I'm imagining every possible combination in my head and all of them make me sad. Realistically I think they should all look at other women.

She's the closest thing we have to an antagonist in this series, so i think her being this bitchy and manipulative is just a way to make her redemption arc more meaningful to the climax of the series. Characters who appear to be villains at the beginning who redeem themselves after fucking the MC over somehow always get some sort of satisfying ending, this one could be especially satisfying since she's in love with the MC. Don't get me wrong, i really dislike the way she goes about everything too, but from a storytelling perspective, it doesn't make sense to turn her into such an awful person after her traumatic experience if she doens't have some sort of redemption in the end and if the traumatic experince is awful, she also deserves some form of happiness.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Katooka ends up with Washio.
It seems like it's going that way for now. Katooka is trying almost too
hard to push Washio away. In most stories this usually fails. And Washio has very much so decided she's not giving up on her love for Katooka, in most stories this kind of tenacity always wins out in the end. Tsukasa seems most likely to end up with Asakura. Based on how hard Asakura has fallen for her. I wanted yaoi. But Subaru seems to be utterly lost in his sister dominated mind. I'm not sure if Asakura can break him free of this disturbing fantasy, maybe only Tsukasa can help him, if she makes an obvious commitment to Asakura. I believe she will in time.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Kisa, I disagree on everything you wrote. :P

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kisa posted:

Tsukasa seems most likely to end up with Asakura. Based on how hard Asakura has fallen for her. I wanted yaoi. But Subaru seems to be utterly lost in his sister dominated mind. I'm not sure if Asakura can break him free of this disturbing fantasy

Subaru was rescued from that delusion if just for a second when Asakura grabed his hand, when he thought that only his sister would do it... And then we have Asakura charmed by Subaru's troubled face. Plus, he if keeps crossdresing, chances are Asakura will fall for him like that and stop the attachment to that far off memory of Tsukasa helping kids.

Everything will be daishobu u.u ... At least with the yaoi.

But seriously, the main characters should really focus on what their love interest is now and not that first moment they shared together.

last edited at Jan 3, 2017 9:12AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Lol yeah. There is no way Katooka ends up with Washio.
Washio x Tsukasa seems quite possible tbh. In chapter 15 where she was talking about North Star, she said that the North Star changes and is replaced by a different one slowly. And the fact that Katooka is her North Star right now, but this eventually will be replaced.

Out of them three, at least that's the best combination imo. At least for now. But Tsukasa and Katooka seem so bad to me.
The guys is obvious they will end up together though.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Takoyaki t-shirt anyone? You don't show that t-shirt twice if you're not going to use it at some point.

I bet it's Tsukasa.

Washio x Tsukasa seems the most likely if the author intends to make at least one couple. The yaoi couple comes next.

Washio studied and is aware that people say that it's usually "just a phase", but she isn't buying it.

She's clearly attracted to females. And she has a very good relationship with Tsukasa : it's regularly hinted that she's not completely indifferent to Tsukasa, even if for now she's blinded by Kotooka.

Kotooka is the most likely loser and she will probably move on/move away near the end of the story, after a heartfelt confession to Tsukasa.

My chips are on it.

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

Nya-chan, I hope you're right. But if I were forced to put my chips down, I'd have to say the yuri subplot will probably "end" in a romantic three-girl friendship.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Chapter 17 was useless. It was entirely focused on Subaru's character development, but I don't find him that interesting.

And not enough of the girls in this chapter.

But yay, slumber party!

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I'm sorry to dissapoint you @Nya-chan, but Takoyaki t-shirt-kun was just a huge red herring. He's an actual guy who Washio fell in love for some reason

joined Oct 23, 2016

I ship Washio and Tsukasa. Forget everyone else. They make such a cute couple!

Honestly, in the earlier chapters when Tsukasa was going to say yes to the boy, Washio seem to be hurt by jealously, her emotions seemed to have started to sway, until Tsukasa said never mind.

I have no clue what the writer is thinking, but I really hope someone, not the boys, end up together. lol

This manga can easily be made into an anime!!

PS - By not the boys, I mean he only "likes" the brother when he looks like Tsukasa, but if he can love him for who he is, then thats okay. lol

last edited at Jan 3, 2017 2:21PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

I wish evil Tsukasa was real

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Subaru is more damaged than we thought

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I don't quite get Subaru's conflict in here, is he mad that Asakura is an actual nice guy and that Tsukasa won't be able to turn him down because of that? Or what is he conflicted about?

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

I don't quite get Subaru's conflict in here, is he mad that Asakura is an actual nice guy and that Tsukasa won't be able to turn him down because of that? Or what is he conflicted about?

It seems like something happened which he hasn't talked to Tsukasa about, and it seems to have something to do with a confession. At least, that's what I'm reading from it. We won't find out 'till volume 5, but my guess would be that when they were young and looked like each other someone mistook Subaru for Tsukasa and confessed.

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

everyone has a different pairing in their minds, it's hilarious...

There are so many possibilities but I can't see any way this is ending up happily for everyone.

joined Jan 8, 2014

It seems like something happened which he hasn't talked to Tsukasa about, and it seems to have something to do with a confession. At least, that's what I'm reading from it. We won't find out 'till volume 5, but my guess would be that when they were young and looked like each other someone mistook Subaru for Tsukasa and confessed.

I think he's mad because Asakura won't be hateful....like Subaru cant predict how Asakura would react if Subaru confesses?

joined Jan 8, 2014

My honest thoughts? It's extremely clear that none of the thee girls have the slightest interest in the girl that likes them. Like, their loves aren't just normal unrequited, they're super mega ultra unrequited. I can't see this love triangle going anywhere. Only potential romance in my opinion is the glasses guy and Tsukasa's brother.

I dunno... I mean how can you say that when the next ch is gonna have a slumber party?! Lol, nah I get it, this story is good because it really explores the many points of liking/unrequited love storys...it'll most likely be a long wait for any of the girls to get together since they've built so many hurdles for themselves to get through...regardless tho im totally for WashioXTsukasa !
Love Washio's new hair too ^_^

Yunaavatar2
joined Nov 17, 2016

everyone has a different pairing in their minds, it's hilarious...

There are so many possibilities but I can't see any way this is ending up happily for everyone.

Massive poly pileup?

joined Oct 13, 2014

i...i think im more interested in the yaoi more than the yuri at this point...thats a first

Ss%20(2016-01-19%20at%2001.51.36)%201
joined Aug 19, 2014

I think he's mad because Asakura won't be hateful....like Subaru cant predict how Asakura would react if Subaru confesses?

I was thinking it was more along the lines that Asakura doesn't find it creepy if people that don't know him confess to him, since Subaru had the experience of someone mistaking him for Tsukasa and confessing to him.

Subaru's main issue is he doesn't want to get separated from his sister, and sees any kind of "love" relationship with someone would place him as the second most important person in his sisters life. I honestly think that Asakura just misunderstood what Subaru was trying to say to him like here and said something was more hurtful than intended since it wasn't referencing what he thought it was.

I think the creepiness that Subaru might be referring to is having feelings for someone that you don't know, and possibly being selfish by trying to force those feelings onto someone else by confessing to them outright?

last edited at Jan 3, 2017 8:04PM

joined Jun 30, 2015

I would honestly read an entire independent manga just about Subaru.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I was thinking it was more along the lines that Asakura doesn't find it creepy if people that don't know him confess to him, since Subaru had the experience of someone mistaking him for Tsukasa and confessing to him.

Subaru's main issue is he doesn't want to get separated from his sister, and sees any kind of "love" relationship with someone would place him as the second most important person in his sisters life. I honestly think that Asakura just misunderstood what Subaru was trying to say to him like here and said something was more hurtful than intended since it wasn't referencing what he thought it was.

I think the creepiness that Subaru might be referring to is having feelings for someone that you don't know, and possibly being selfish by trying to force those feelings onto someone else by confessing to them outright?

I think you might be right. Subaru seems to unconsciously like Asakura and wanted to know if he would have the same mindset that he does regarding those types of confessions. Since he didn't seem to undertand him, he got mad at him for not doing so. It also seems that Subaru might have had an unpleasant confession in the past and thats why he asked those questions to someone who gets confessed to a lot.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Looks like we got ourselves a mini Norman Bates over here.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

This manga be having people posting in paragraphs.

To reply you must either login or sign up.