Forum › Yuri with drama/angst, but happy ending

joined Nov 27, 2016

I concede my defeat, you beat me. Didn't know you'd push it this far Meursault, your avi somehow fits you^^

Guess that makes up for the ... relatively happy-ending yuri I linked before. They're still worth the read though.

You dummy

But bridesmaids and wife to be as far as bittersweet goes, were good

joined Dec 19, 2016

Anyone got anything else?

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Just read this one today, and I think it definitely fits the bill. Gets VERRRY angsty in the middle bits, but ends on a high note. (Kind of a spoiler, really, but you asked.)

Instinct and a Chromosome

joined Dec 19, 2016

Just read this one today, and I think it definitely fits the bill. Gets VERRRY angsty in the middle bits, but ends on a high note. (Kind of a spoiler, really, but you asked.)

Instinct and a Chromosome

I liked that a lot. Thanks.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

You can't have read all those series already, given the length of like sasemeki koto? (also known as whispered words) Unless you had already read it?

Got to be the best / biggest with way too much angst but great ending series:)

I will go look at my lists and see if any significant series not mentioned.

last edited at Jan 3, 2017 1:49AM

joined Dec 19, 2016

You can't have read all those series already, given the length of like sasemeki koto? Unless you had already read it?

Got to be the best / biggest with way too much angst but great ending series:)

I will go look at my lists and see if any significant series not mentioned.

Actually I'm a fast reader and I'm only reading the ones that are complete. If they aren't, I put them on my list.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'll first mention 2 not on the site - Girl friends by the amazing Morinaga milk, (many readers best ever yuri) and
Sweet blue flower (aka Aoi hana) by Shimura Takako (though this one is too soap opera / angsty / gloomy for some of its far too big cast, for some people - ending is abrupt and you miss out seeing the goodness to come)

Dunno if you can find them - is girl friends still on amazon?

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/pure_water_adolescence if you don't mind age gap.
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/kuchibiru_ni_suketa_orange - not very much angst
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/if_this_wish_comes_true love triangle but resolves
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/the_flower_and_the_star
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/aqua_blue_cinema not much angst
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/president_and_vice_president
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/secret_of_the_princess

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/hana_and_hina_after_school not finished - not much angst
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/dear_my_teacher not finished
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/fluttering_feelings not finished

last edited at Jan 3, 2017 2:04AM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Thanks a lot for opening the thread leann, i love dramatic series that end on a good note as well, so this thread is heaven for me. Well, except for the ones Utoptia posted.

I'd like to recommend these:

Linkage - This is an anthology, so even if its not completed, most of the chapters are one-shots.
To Where The Rail Goes - I won't spoil this one-shot, but this exactly what you're looking for.
Dandelion Among Lilies - Pretty good series about a couple living with the sister of one of the girls.
Not For Sale - This might not be for everyone, but don't let the tags fool you. This one its quite cute.
One Who Depicts Love - Cute story about a girl writing a romance novel about the life of a delinquent.
Kuroyome - This might have been suggested already, so, sorry for putting it again.
Sayonara Folklore - Not that dramatic, but it still what you're looking for.
A Girl In Ultramarine - It can be considered open-end, but i think the ending its quite conclusive.
Hoshikawa Ginza District 4 - Probably has been recommended as well, so, sorry again.
Indigo Mermaids - If you don't mind extremely lewd stories, this one is quite dramatic.

last edited at Jan 3, 2017 3:26AM

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

For a one shot, I'd recommend "Graffiti" by Furutsuji Kikka :3 just one of those I like to reread.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/graffiti

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Little Bits Of Mini posted:

For a one shot, I'd recommend "Graffiti" by Furutsuji Kikka :3 just one of those I like to reread.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/graffiti

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/no_title_4
Don't forget its sequel too. (Or rather alternate point of view I guess.)

joined Dec 19, 2016

Thanks a lot for opening the thread leann, i love dramatic series that end on a good note as well, so this thread is heaven for me. Well, except for the ones Utoptia posted.

I'd like to recommend these:

Linkage - This is an anthology, so even if its not completed, most of the chapters are one-shots.
To Where The Rail Goes - I won't spoil this one-shot, but this exactly what you're looking for.
Dandelion Among Lilies - Pretty good series about a couple living with the sister of one of the girls.
Not For Sale - This might not be for everyone, but don't let the tags fool you. This one its quite cute.
One Who Depicts Love - Cute story about a girl writing a romance novel about the life of a delinquent.
Kuroyome - This might have been suggested already, so, sorry for putting it again.
Sayonara Folklore - Not that dramatic, but it still what you're looking for.
A Girl In Ultramarine - It can be considered open-end, but i think the ending its quite conclusive.
Hoshikawa Ginza District 4 - Probably has been recommended as well, so, sorry again.
Indigo Mermaids - If you don't mind extremely lewd stories, this one is quite dramatic.

I loved Hoshikawa Ginza District 4, but the ending was quite confusing in my opinion with the time skips it did.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I loved Hoshikawa Ginza District 4, but the ending was quite confusing in my opinion with the time skips it did.

What didn't you understand?
Ah btw, the volume 3 extra (starting with this page, not the first two pages about the bathing incident, where were supposed to be read right in the beginning of volume 3, which is right before chapter 13 actually, not chapter 14. Idk what's going on, tbh, chapter 13 is numbered as "chapter 14 in my book actually, maybe they reorganised stuff in the tank volumes) takes place right after the girl finishes high school. It ordered kinda wrong on Dynasty, but they can't help it because the scanlators bundled the chapters as so, but chapter 19 is actually two chapters, titled Final Chapter Part A and Final Chapter Part B. The chapter in the "Volume 3 Extra" (titled Bonus Chapter) where you see the girl leave home and find Minato again was supposed to be read between the parts A and B of the last chapter, author's way of showing us that from the day she left home and finally moved back with Minato after university, they DID see each other again that one time, after graduating high school.
Idk if that could have confused you, but I have the volumes and French and I noticed that those chapters, and another one, were kind of wrongly organised on Dynasty. I suppose that bundling them all up as "vol 3 extras" isn't technically wrong per say, but in the actual reading order, it is. The continuity gets fucked up because it's not the order you were meant to read them.
If you have a more specific question of the ending, (and if i still remember lol), I could try to answer you :0

last edited at Jan 3, 2017 1:20PM

joined Dec 19, 2016

I don't think I read the chapter where she graduated highschool. I just remember at the end she went back to live with her awful mother and then it shows her older with all these people who turn how to be Minato's family. (which I assume she lived with while in college?)

Also love how that highschooler kinda just got away with blackmailing her.

last edited at Jan 3, 2017 2:33PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

I don't think I read the chapter where she graduated highschool. I just remember at the end she went back to live with her awful mother and then it shows her older with all these people who turn how to be Minato's family. (which I assume she lived with while in college?)

She left to live with the mom and did high school.
After high school, she came back to visit Minato (seeing her again after those few years). And then went and did uni, graduated, visited her dad I think? Tho I don't remember, but he gave her the wooden sign thing that looks like a family family? Idk if she lived with that family, I'm not sure where her university was tbh, I just assumed she lived in a dorm or something O-o
And then went back to Hoshikawa to find Minato and finally reunited with her. They were separated/didn't love together ever since her mom wanted her back.

If you haven't read the chapter we see her leaving the mom, go check my previous post, I linked it

That was kinding a weird story arc tbh, and nothing really came of it either, but her getting caught with her feelings was kinda stressful imo

last edited at Jan 3, 2017 2:39PM

joined Dec 19, 2016

After high school, she came back to visit Minato (seeing her again after those few years). And then went and did uni, graduated, visited her dad I think? Tho I don't remember, but he gave her the wooden sign thing that looks like a family family? Idk if she lived with that family, I'm not sure where her university was tbh, I just assumed she lived in a dorm or something O-o
And then went back to Hoshikawa to find Minato and finally reunited with her. They were separated/didn't love together ever since her mom wanted her back.

If you haven't read the chapter we see her leaving the mom, go check my previous post, I linked it

That was kinding a weird story arc tbh, and nothing really came of it either, but her getting caught with her feelings was kinda stressful imo

Yeah it was out of nowhere and kinda dark considering how flufffy the rest of the story was in my opinion. Yeah, I'm just gonna read through the whole thing again. I enjoyed it a lot.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Yeah it was out of nowhere and kinda dark considering how flufffy the rest of the story was in my opinion. Yeah, I'm just gonna read through the whole thing again. I enjoyed it a lot.

Yeah I got that same comment from someone else too, how they enjoyed the fluffier parts more and dreaded the sudden angst tying up the end. I liked the first parts too, tho I appreciate the them tackling their one very important issue in the end, even if it* was very heavy. Like, the ending felt "earned".

last edited at Jan 3, 2017 3:24PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

She was living with Minato's family, I think. The old couple is actually grandparents of what look like middle school kids. They also note that her father is an engineer and the last chapter mentions Otome taking on some of his old clients for her design firm.

Also, Otome's dad looks much different in the one glimpse we get of him.

I would have been happier if that whole mess was never there. It added nothing to the plot, and just plain felt icky.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Yeah I got that same comment from someone else too, how they enjoyed the fluffier parts more and dreaded the sudden angst tying up the end. I liked the first parts too, tho I appreciate the them tackling their one very important issue in the end, even if I was very heavy. Like, the ending felt "earned".

I loved the final chapters of it too. Like you say, the ending felt like the characters "earned" it because not only they became a better version of themselves, but they actually fought to stay together in the end. Although, it did bothered me that the teacher was like 40 by the time she ended up living with a 20-something year old.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Yeah I got that same comment from someone else too, how they enjoyed the fluffier parts more and dreaded the sudden angst tying up the end. I liked the first parts too, tho I appreciate the them tackling their one very important issue in the end, even if I was very heavy. Like, the ending felt "earned".

I loved the final chapters of it too. Like you say, the ending felt like the characters "earned" it because not only they became a better version of themselves, but they actually fought to stay together in the end. Although, it did bothered me that the teacher was like 40 by the time she ended up living with a 20-something year old.

Rip her age, tho Otome being 20 is more important than Minato reaching 40 :')

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Rip her age, tho Otome being 20 is more important than Minato reaching 40 :')

I dunno why it bothered me, maybe because she didn't spent all of her thirties with the person she wanted. Whatever, i still loved the ending. I think this, Steps and Pure Water Adolescence are the best Student teacher stories in this site.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

I dunno why it bothered me, maybe because she didn't spent all of her thirties with the person she wanted. Whatever, i still loved the ending. I think this, Steps and Pure Water Adolescence are the best Student x teacher stories in this site.

FTFY
And I would definitely add Hanjuku Joshi even if the student x teacher isn't the main couple. I also have a guilty pleasure with this. Re-browsing the said tag, I must admit there are lots of really good Student x teacher yuri hosted on this site.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Highway Blossom

joined Dec 19, 2016

Yeah I got that same comment from someone else too, how they enjoyed the fluffier parts more and dreaded the sudden angst tying up the end. I liked the first parts too, tho I appreciate the them tackling their one very important issue in the end, even if it* was very heavy. Like, the ending felt "earned".

Oh I like the drama/angst, but the character who didn't come off as the type of using blackmail was out of no where.

Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

I dunno why it bothered me, maybe because she didn't spent all of her thirties with the person she wanted. Whatever, i still loved the ending. I think this, Steps and Pure Water Adolescence are the best Student x teacher stories in this site.

FTFY

Lol don't be so fucking rude

joined Dec 19, 2016

FTFY

Lol don't be so fucking rude

I liked Steps.

To reply you must either login or sign up.