Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Whew, gimme that yaoi side couple action (well, never thought I'd say that...)!

Icon
joined Mar 14, 2015

I never understand this forum xD If we are not complaining of how fast something went, of how the series lacked intensity, we do because it is too slow paced and has too much intensity -v- there is just no way to please us.

On another note, I love this series! It's been a while since I've enjoyed a long and nice paced story such as this one -v- The angst hurts, the non-sense is so realistic and we are (aw)fully introduced in dept to all characters. I've read some complaining on how the drama is just meh, but at least it is not drama for the sake of drama. These characters are complex and they all have their own fears and strenghts. We are all on edge and raging because no one makes a move but, that part of overthinking and cowardice and stillness in the comfort zone is kinda what makes this relatable. Or is everybody going to tell me they always act on their feelings without considering everyone else's, or that you've never grown aware of a situation but make your best to act like you know nothing. I'm so looking forward to the end.

Also kill me but I like Asakura, I know he is in the spot cuz he endangers the yuri... but he is a good guy! kinda reminds me of my bro so maybe I'm the only one.

Washio has always been my fav... but she just keeps growing in my heart! she is sooooooo cooooooooooooool!!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I said that a lot reading Usotsuki Lily, after getting terminally bored with the main couple (and pretty much all the other het couples if we're being honest). And the yaoi side couple didn't even get a resolution there!

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I didn't find Washio's POV chapter as endearing or interesting as the ones from Kotooka. I found her kinda self-centered since she only cares about ending up with Kotooka and doesn't really thinks what would happen with the only person who is supporting her. Still, i really liked chapter 16, it looks like Asakura had some sort of "troubling" feelings for Subaru when he acted all cute, hopefully those feelings continue to grow in future chapters.

BTW, Happy New Year to everyone!! Hope you have a good holiday.

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

IITSSS HEEEEREEEE THE YAOII IS NEEARRRRR!!!~

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

can you like give me some more kotooka x tsukasa moments...

like i can foretell the future for thy young boys already... but the future needs to be clear for thy kotooka x tsuakasa.

joined Jun 2, 2016

I didn't find Washio's POV chapter as endearing or interesting as the ones from Kotooka. I found her kinda self-centered since she only cares about ending up with Kotooka and doesn't really thinks what would happen with the only person who is supporting her good

That's what love does to us, we become selfish because our emotions and feelings ruled over us and the only thing we want is to be with that person. Moreover, Washio is heartbroken causing her thoughts to become disarray and she can't think straight. Honestly, I can relate when I was a teenager, I neglect my friend, the one who supports me because I focus too much on trying to get the attention of someone I was in love with but she likes me as a friend. But hey! I gain +1 life experience. Nowadays, I don't go, "She is rejecting me!!! I must try to find a way to catch her KOKOROOOO!!" shit. (sorry for my bad Engrish)

joined Feb 15, 2015

I never understand this forum xD If we are not complaining of how fast something went, of how the series lacked intensity, we do because it is too slow paced and has too much intensity -v- there is just no way to please us.

On another note, I love this series! It's been a while since I've enjoyed a long and nice paced story such as this one -v- The angst hurts, the non-sense is so realistic and we are (aw)fully introduced in dept to all characters. I've read some complaining on how the drama is just meh, but at least it is not drama for the sake of drama. These characters are complex and they all have their own fears and strenghts. We are all on edge and raging because no one makes a move but, that part of overthinking and cowardice and stillness in the comfort zone is kinda what makes this relatable. Or is everybody going to tell me they always act on their feelings without considering everyone else's, or that you've never grown aware of a situation but make your best to act like you know nothing. I'm so looking forward to the end.

This. I was contemplating for a while if I should make a post (because it's gonna take me some time to write all my thoughts down) since I've been lurking around this thread months ago. Most of my opinions have been expressed so I'm just gonna add on a little...

I thought it was refreshing and enjoyed longer storytelling cos I really feel that there was a lack of japanese Yuri that took time to explain from each of the MCs' perspectives especially when it is a more complicated relationship like a love triangle. Or in this case, a five way... thing (what should I call it. lol)? Sure, some of the chapters aren't that strong but I feel that it always add some understanding to the character's behaviour. In terms of how they handled their relationships according to their personality, it's quite consistent and imagineable which is why I don't feel disconnect with characters and is what I like most about this manga.

As of now, I am still enjoying the manga, still so many things to explore like Kotoka's past which has been slightly hinted at and with the previous chapters, I'm looking forward to how detailed the author will be on the characters' feelings. On a side note, I'm also glad there's another on-going yuri manga with good storytelling and minimum drama that goes beyond 2-3 volumes. (On its five, I believe. :D) Now, I just fear the ending because most manga of such plot line have really lazy or difficult to relate ending like one with no answers to about all the questions raised after unnecessary drama or one with polyamorous relationship.

joined Feb 15, 2013

I'm probably the only one being annoyed with how they spent 4 out of last 8 chapters talking about Asakura and Tsubaru background and relationship?

I means... I don't have as much complaint about their story itself, but the way in which it sidetracked the progress of the main triangle, annoyed the heck out of me.

I means If Subaru issue actually push the triangle to progress, at least I can be ok with it. Instead, this looks like the author was just drawing two different manga in one.

3 if you count in the flower bed couple who will come back no occupy a whole chapter (at least) in the future

last edited at Jan 1, 2017 12:58AM

joined Jun 30, 2015

I'm probably the only one being annoyed with how they spent 4 out of last 8 chapters talking about Asakura and Tsubaru background and relationship?

I means... I don't have as much complaint about their story itself, but the way in which it sidetracked the progress of the main triangle, annoyed the heck out of me.

I means If Subaru issue actually push the triangle to progress, at least I can be ok with it. Instead, this looks like the author was just drawing two different manga in one.

3 if you count in the flower bed couple who will come back no occupy a whole chapter (at least) in the future

To be fair, at this point I'm pretty sure this story is pentagonistic and it just took a bit to introduce all the characters. Because the author seems obviously careful about weaving how they interact together and seems to be setting up further grounds with which to toss them at each other. If all of that holds true, then that means the only character left for development is actually Asakura out of everyone.

last edited at Jan 1, 2017 2:16AM

Simple-butterfly-tattoos-designs
joined Apr 24, 2015

I'm seem to be alone on this notion but I dislike Kotooka. If probed i could list a myriad of reasons, but in short every time i see a post about why they like her, i almost always disagree.

on the trail of unpopular opinions, i really like Washio. I generally agree with the decisions she makes.

Kotooka is like the embodiment of bad selfish, and Washio the good kind.

joined Jan 1, 2017

VOTING :
Who's your fav chara in this manga:
1. Tsukasa
2. Kotooka
3. Washio
4. Subaru
5. Kyosuke

Which pair you like the best :
1. Tsukasa x Washio
2. Tsukasa x Kotooka
3. Washio x Kyosuke
4. Subaru x Kyosuke
5. Tsukasa x Subaru
6. Kotooka x Kyosuke
7. Tsukasa x Kyosuke
8. Washio x Kotooka

Please vote guys! :) [I will look which the most one you like!] thanks! :)

2d950b9ea0d54d971b483de219292f05
joined Jun 1, 2014

Goddamn... i like angst but this manga has so much angst that i can't take.
I don't understand why Washio still likes Kotooka even after all the subtle reject she has said.
I hope they sort all of their feelings and be done with the angst already. I like Washio but you need to wake up gurl, pls just notice a girl that appreciate you more.
On the other side, i never this happy when yaoi pair take over XD

joined Jan 8, 2014

Wow, twin boy is seriously a mess! And so&so thought he was cute and wigging.... I feel like every time the yuri gets good they switch over to bl....==

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

damn, damnnnnn that Scorpio chapter actually started to make me root for Washio/Kotooka

it just added a whole other level to the mess. I like that we have someone being aggressive in their feelings and actually wants to take it somewhere! Though pretending not to notice the constant rejection because if she "did" notice she would either have to outright confess and get rejected, or would just have to give up must suck.

I am looking forward to the point where they find out that Kotooka was never into any of her boyfriends because she's girl crushing because that'll only spur washio on haha.

Also yess, yaoi side couple is progressing slightly. I was genuinely expecting subaru to fall for asakura first, but this was a nice turn of events

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Nezchan posted:

I said that a lot reading Usotsuki Lily, after getting terminally bored with the main couple (and pretty much all the other het couples if we're being honest). And the yaoi side couple didn't even get a resolution there!

But the yuri couple did!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

yuripie posted:

A Yuri triangle and Yaoi couple. Why not? Everybody is happy in the end.

Can't. In a triangle, unless polyamory (which is unlikely in this case), at least one is always left out/has to give up/find someone else.

Makasete
joined Sep 21, 2016

The yaoi pairing isn't sad unlike the yuri ones, since no-one gets left out, so I'm kinda... Looking forward to that development more than anything else. A first for everything I guess!

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

Wonder when volume 5 is gonna come out... The story line does seem to evolve, so I doubt we're gonna get stuck in eternal status quo.

VOTING :
1. Tsukasa
[...]
1. Tsukasa x Washio
[...]

You could set up a strawpoll if you want accurate data. Anyway, 1 & 1 (Tsukasa is awesome and by extension I want her to reach her goal).

joined Jun 30, 2015

VOTING :
2. Kotooka

4. Subaru x Kyosuke

last edited at Jan 1, 2017 10:35AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nezchan posted:

But the yuri couple did!

Oh, for sure! And I was happy about that, but by the last couple of volumes the most compelling couple were the two boys. The yuri couple got a brief appearance in the finale, but by then their storyline was pretty much resolved and done with.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

So it begins... Asakura's spiral into homolust.

joined Feb 15, 2013

To be fair, at this point I'm pretty sure this story is pentagonistic and it just took a bit to introduce all the characters. Because the author seems obviously careful about weaving how they interact together and seems to be setting up further grounds with which to toss them at each other. If all of that holds true, then that means the only character left for development is actually Asakura out of everyone.

I don't know. Maybe that one of the reason why i hate these kind of stories where several couples were developed along side each other. Because you feel the story being kept chopped into these almost-one-shot chapters. Add in plentiful of angst, and it leave me very frustrated. At not only have to wait for next chapter, but also hope the next chapter is about the character that story left in hang

We have so far different chapter about:
- Tsukasa's narrative on Washio.
- Tsukasa's narrative on Kyousuke
- Washio's narrative on Kotooka
- Kotooka's narrative on Tuskasa
- Kotooka's narrative on Washio
- Subaru's narrative on Tsukasa
- Subaru's narrative on Kyousuke

No wonder 16 chapters in and we barely scratch the surface of anything

last edited at Jan 1, 2017 11:46AM

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

So Nadeshiko doesn't know that Tsukasa is in love with her, but is aware of Mikage rejecting her. Many things being hidden by others. I would like Tsukasa to become aware of Mikage's feelings. Everything centers on Tsukasa. She sure is loved!

last edited at Jan 1, 2017 11:47AM

joined Jun 30, 2015

I don't know. Maybe that one of the reason why i hate these kind of stories where several couples were developed along side each other. Because you feel the story being kept chopped into these almost-one-shot chapters. Add in plentiful of angst, and it leave me very frustrated. At not only have to wait for next chapter, but also hope the next chapter is about the character that story left in hang

We have so far different chapter about:
- Tsukasa's narrative on Washio.
- Tsukasa's narrative on Kyousuke
- Washio's narrative on Kotooka
- Kotooka's narrative on Tuskasa
- Kotooka's narrative on Washio
- Subaru's narrative on Tsukasa
- Subaru's narrative on Kyousuke

No wonder 16 chapters in and we barely scratch the surface of anything

It certainly does seem to be a slow boiling manga, which isn't really a bad thing from my point of view. For stories like this I think a more patient outlook would be warranted. Sixteen chapters isn't a whole lot by any metric outside of shorts and this author is definitely building for a longer run rather than a shorter one. Obviously it isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it's not terrible that it isn't.

last edited at Jan 1, 2017 11:51AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.