Forum › Heart Gifts discussion

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

Well she's got like '60 secs to resuscitate her.
And then call the EMS, or she'll either be dead or a permanent bed ornament.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Well she's got like '60 secs to resuscitate her.
And then call the EMS, or she'll either be dead or a permanent bed ornament.

Relax, this is science fiction where hearts have cellphone batteries and organ transplants run no risk of rejection. Just let it go and enjoy the spectacle. :-)

last edited at Dec 27, 2016 6:23AM

Married
joined Feb 11, 2016

this reminded me of Toki Doki!!! hopefully the "Drama" tag won't lead us to any deaths. happy end pleaase!

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

Noooooo! Kuro-chan!!!.....

joined Oct 8, 2016

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/heart_gifts_first_part#21

Poor doctor, I bet she nearly had heart attack too lol

joined Mar 8, 2016

Yeah, I will also agree that the art here is beautiful, and that is some of the most insightful rendering of panic attacks I've seen. Well done, Hattori-sensei.

But outside of that, my god is all of this ludicrous. ><;

First off, as many others have pointed out, they gave no explanation at all for why Shiro couldn't get the artificial heart. The changes in perspective are rather confusing and not indicated well at all (resulting in e.g. the confusion over who's studying what). Then there's the fact that the doctor's solution to Shiro's panic attacks is to give each of them access to her heart monitor app? And of course there's the typical bad yuri trope-a-thon of obtuse ignorance of each other's feelings, and heedless self-endangerment because one friend feels bad. Even their names reveal the fact that they're little more than vague outlines of characters to fit into a yuri Story A.

But that said, again the art is beautiful and the story didn't go in the horror direction I kind of assumed after that opening page, so let's hope it finishes strong.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Well, that's a nasty spot to leave us hanging... I hope the third part goes up soon...

joined Jul 27, 2016

that 7% battery died just like my iphone 4S, in one moment

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Oh noooooo

I love the art style and story line.

Yunaavatar2
joined Nov 17, 2016

I didn't really find the first part's plot hole ('bout the transplant being unnecessary) too jarring, but Shiro's reaction towards the end of the middle part is seriously confusing to me. She explicitly recognizes Kuro's heart is about to fail, and then instead of trying to help Kuro uh, not die, she runs off knowing it'll strain Kuro's heart even more?? That kinda goes beyond emotional-fuddled thinking into not-thinking-at-all territory.

last edited at Dec 29, 2016 4:25PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That kind goes beyond emotional-fuddled thinking into not-thinking-at-all territory.

"Statement: Such pheromone-driven human responses never cease to decrease the charge in my capacitors and make me wish I could press a blaster pistol to my behavior core and pull the trigger."

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

like this

CLIFFHANGER, YOU BIATCH!!! T^T

I was wondering if there isn't a better battery out there(in this manga world) who lasts a loooot loooonger? I mean it seems like she's gotta constantly charge her heart to stay alive... just like my last phone crap... XD

joined Aug 7, 2015

If someone died in the end, I'll cry for a year!!!
TwT

__nagato_naka_souryuu_and_yamashiro_kantai_collection_drawn_by_nagomi_mokatitk__05ee9f9b82bc5bde98628ad3a6cc492e_cr
joined Dec 30, 2013

Story and characters so dense, so silly, so weird, but art so charming, fascinating and marvelous! I love this story so much. Want more!

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

It started off well, but then it ended... really... abruptly. Also, uh, wouldn't Kuro stabbing herself in the heart be very bad if she wanted to give it to someone else? I don't really know how, uh, heart donations work, but that seems like it'd be a bad idea.

last edited at Dec 30, 2016 9:09PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Kinda disappointed, it's been solved too easily. This was an overall fine read though, yuri alongside the happy end always pleases me. Well, the end still lacks a kiss !

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

It started off well, but then it ended... really... abruptly. Also, uh, wouldn't Kuro stabbing herself in the heart be very bad if she wanted to give it to someone else? I don't really know how, uh, heart donations work, but that seems like it'd be a bad idea.

She stabbed herself closer to the shoulder rather than in het heart, maybe she wanted to cause an impact so big to make the father see what a huge asshole he is for doing something like that... And that's why I always say, if you want to believe in God, that's ok, but religion is insanity.

Edit: I know this is kind of polemic, and I don't want to cause a huge uproar, so this is my last comment about this, I won't continue any argument about this topic. Admins, feel free to edit that part out of my comment if it's causing trouble, or even delete it.

last edited at Dec 30, 2016 9:57PM

RumpledForeSkiin
joined Jun 27, 2016

too fast for pat

joined Aug 15, 2015

Since Daddy is so zealous in purity and not allow anything mechanical in his daughter body even if it kills his daughter, I wonder how would a guy like that would even let his daughter being a lesbian.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

felt like a mess towards the end...
lovestory-wise eh
setting/context was... interesting... i guess...

last edited at Dec 30, 2016 10:53PM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Since Daddy is so zealous in purity and not allow anything mechanical in his daughter body even if it kills his daughter, I wonder how would a guy like that would even let his daughter being a lesbian.

To be continued...(⌐■_■)b

Ab.%20dog
joined Jan 23, 2016

Damnit, I was expecting more for the end.... ah, but it's not in my place to complain. After all, at least it ended well... I guess.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

too fast for pat

Oh my god! I'm stealing that!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You know, for all of how quick everything was resolved, I love how over the top all the acting is, It's melodrama and then some, the characters have such extreme highs and lows it's absolutely glorious! A kiss would have been great, but I'm cool with it all the same.

To reply you must either login or sign up.