Forum › Silver Gymnasium discussion

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Oh so the gymnasium is kind of a yuritopia huh... I love it.

Img-thing
joined Jan 19, 2016

seeing toto happy really pisses me off, i think she has no right to be happy (until she repair the mess she has done) after what she did to amy and fiona.

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

Fiona... is acting weird...

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

yes yes yes

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

My mang Toto didn't do anything wrong, Amy deserved all the bad its just Fiona deserved more

Screenshot_2016-11-14-13-53-17(2)
joined Feb 7, 2014

Now thats one of the saddest chap I've read long in this site , How a cheerful person became a sad adult, the part of the freezing fongertips almost make cry, and I didn't spect that fiona would forgive toto so easily bit yes now she grow up (cries in the corner)

I can't wait to see fiona and amy together

joined Aug 23, 2016

Can't wait for the next chap.

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

seeing toto happy really pisses me off, i think she has no right to be happy (until she repair the mess she has done) after what she did to amy and fiona.

No, it's Amy's fault really.
I was hoping Fiona would have settled happy ever after the first chapters, but unfortunately she's been "ice cold" for 8 years now.

She shut her feelings off, because Amy rejected her and she's not up for another try.

last edited at Dec 28, 2016 5:44PM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Well, seeing how the AmyFiona relationship problems weren't that clear cut and more complex, I don't find it hard to have at least some sympathy for Amy.

What really amazes me is that problems between characters are actually talked about in this story. It wouldn't have surprised me if Toto burning the letters hadn't been brought up again as something problematic (although Toto was a child back then and probably didn't see the more complex consequences of that action). This chapter was really intelligently written, also that scene with Toto getting lost.

I'm still hoping for a happy ending for Amy and Fiona.

e: that probably hinges on who Alyssa is.

last edited at Dec 28, 2016 6:05PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Yeah... Fiona must have been hella lonely these 8 years all alone. I don't want her to make up with Amy.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

oguzhan96 posted:

My mang Toto didn't do anything wrong, Amy deserved all the bad its just Fiona deserved more

Toto definitely did wrong, just for the right reasons. Plus she was still a kid at the time so she couldn't really understand the long term consequences of her actions at the time so it's something that should definitely be forgiven. I don't think Amy was entirely in the wrong either though. While just up and leaving like that with so little warning after her and Fiona promised to stick together was kinda shitty it's clear that she actually did make efforts to keep in touch with Fiona still. It's definitely not a black and white situation.

Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

I am so invested in Fiona and Amy's relationship, I'm not really interested in the other couples, I just want Fiona to be happy tbh. Also, Toto only did that because she cares deeply for Fiona, it's true she showed it in a wrong way though.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

i feel like i'm the only one rooting for toto and fiona lol. fuck amy.

__nagato_naka_souryuu_and_yamashiro_kantai_collection_drawn_by_nagomi_mokatitk__05ee9f9b82bc5bde98628ad3a6cc492e_cr
joined Dec 30, 2013

i feel like i'm the only one rooting for toto and fiona lol. fuck amy.

Not only you, my friend, not only you. But Toto already have her love-love, so, let's don't ruin this, okay?

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Didn't expect that apology. Very interested to see where this goes.

Blushav2
joined Aug 11, 2015

Hiruno is really damn good at wringing emotions out of you.

%e3%83%81%e3%83%83%e3%83%86%e3%82%a3
joined May 10, 2015

Possibly the best thing ever.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So, yeah, the Gymnasium closes and Amy goes on to live with Fiona. The End.

I dunno, I'm a bit irritated by the way things played out. Drama, angst, "I loved you, not as a sister, so I was afraid I'd hurt you... boo hoo"... and poof, everything is solved.

Mmmm... wat?

Maki%20und%20nico
joined Nov 18, 2014

Fiona is very mature.

joined Jul 31, 2013

The author probably didn't want the focus to be on the specific details, but more the extended metaphor of mistakes and regrets from youth being these impactful things that both shape you and burden you, so the best way to deal with them is a mixture of acknowledgement and healthy distance from them. And I'm glad it ended with them moving in together, because they obviously both still wanted to be together, and adults are free to seek those kind of things. I think this was a yuri story that is clearly a cut above the usual storytelling full of tropes and cliches or simplistic enjoyable stuff. Not more realistic than most, than even a high school dating story like Kase-san or something, but the drama in this was felt more than most.

I do wish there was more kissing and embracing or at least a hint at Amy and Fiona heading that way, but they did just meet back up before the story ends.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Like Izetta, I'm happy for things to end well, yet it still came seemingly out of nowhere. When the atmosphere feels so tense, you'd expect a little more unfortunate things would happen, but they don't, so it's weird.

joined Jan 8, 2014

It still says "ongoing" does that mean there are extras or something at least showing something lovey dovey .... at least a kiss, geez :p

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I too feel that the ending was abrupt. The "farewell" panel felt like a more...okay?? ending. It would have been open, but the abruptness of the actual ending kind of..unraveled the effect for me.

First chap still best for me.

joined May 14, 2015

After last Viking episode I needed ending like this.

Thumbs
joined Apr 16, 2012

What an end. Sadly a kiss would be nice.

To reply you must either login or sign up.