Forum › Anime season

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh, all they'd need is a new common threat and they're all set for S2. After all, Pure Illusion still exists and the girls can get to it, Salt still has his pillow for- I mean secret base, nothing has been explored about the third amorphous child yet, Mimi still wanders Pure Illusion although for some reason she didn't come talk to her daughter in person, there's got to have been someone funding Not Big Fire who could still be after what lies in Pure Illusion, we still don't quite know why the personality-altering archways appeared, etc.

Lots of potential, although admittedly the most interesting part, the yuri and Cocona's self-discovery as GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY, has already been covered.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Can we make something like Yuri of the year? cast votes or something hahaha and disregarding how awesome flipflapper was, I would actually vote for Love Live Sunshine because You, Riko and Chika made me cry of joy with their relationship... With FlipFlap I was very happy but not as moved as I was with the trio

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

My reactions while watching the final episode of Flip Flappers:

NOOOOOOOOO! NO, DON'T DO THIS TO MEEEEE

NOOOOO - oh wait, Papika's there, I guess it's alright.

THANK GOD NYUNYUNYU OR WHATEVER HER NAME IS IS FINALLY WEARING REASONABLE CLOTHES.

KISS. KISS, DAMN IT, KISS. Sigh, oh well... anyone who doesn't think that this is supposed to be romantic is a fucking idiot anyway. COCONA X PAPIKA WOOOOOO.

I was kind of expecting something different... but, really, I had no idea what to expect, so I have no idea what I was really expecting. It felt kinda... lacking though... I don't know how successful this was, but I'm hoping it's super successful so there'll be a second season. I'm happy that they're at least living happily together forevermore, anything other than that would just make me stop watching anime before they're over.

==You know, Yayaka sure was pretty nonchalant about her best/only friend/crush being gone for... a long time. Everyone else was panicking... and then Yayaka was just nonchalantly feeding Uexkull (I think I actually spelled that right on my first try).

last edited at Dec 29, 2016 11:46PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

FlipFla: Sweet final episode, can't wait for the next precure spin-off seaso-wait...
Anyway - 12/10 would watch again! All those almost kiss moments and yet no kiss? ffffffuuuuuu

MTPrecure: I forgot to mention how gay Kana and Mayumi have been lately, they are almost as close as the Cures...it's kinda amazing since Mayumi is supposedly het

Can we make something like Yuri of the year? cast votes or something hahaha and disregarding how awesome flipflapper was

I'm ok with this idea +1 as long as ppl don't get salty about the result

last edited at Dec 30, 2016 1:10AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Yeah, Flip Flappers turned out fairly well, if rather erratic. I still prefer YayaCoco over PapiCoco, though

Next season:

For the "half-assed attempt to be the next love Live" category we have Bang Dream and Idol Jihen. Could turn out well, but both have a number of red flags associated with them

For "stuff people here should be familiar with" there's Demi-chan wa Kataritai, Gabriel Dropout, and Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon. Of course, there's no telling how much these'll resemble the manga

"Cute girls doing cute things" gives us Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitenshabu and Urara Meirochou. From what I've seen of them I have higher hopes for the latter, but I doubt either will be worse than mediocre

Little Witch Academia is also happening and has the same staff, if you're into that

I hear Schoolgirl Strikers has yuri potential and the staff is okay, but it doesn't look high-budget and game adaptions have poor track records

Before people start whining about yuri being dead it should be noted that the season looks awful in general

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

just waitin for Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon (hoping that they don't butcher it) and KonoSuba.

At least next season I'll have something to watch, instead of nothing.

joined Jan 21, 2015

"Cute girls doing cute things" gives us Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitenshabu and Urara Meirochou. From what I've seen of them I have higher hopes for the latter, but I doubt either will be worse than mediocre

I can vouch for Urara Meirochou (promo), it's a cute feel-good fantasy series. A surprising amount of its (plentiful) yuri subtext isn't played for laughs. The person in charge of series composition worked on Flying Witch.

Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitenshabu (promo) should be great for people who want more Long Riders.

BanG Dream! has that yuri fan who was the lead writer for the first half of Flip Flappers working on it, so I'm tentatively hopeful.

Kobayashi-san has a new promo that I really liked. Although I guess that a number of people will be too pissed at KyoAni and their trolling with Hibike to give this one a try. (I'm just an observer but I have to admit, that was some impressive trolling.)

Can we make something like Yuri of the year? cast votes or something hahaha and disregarding how awesome flipflapper was, I would actually vote for Love Live Sunshine because You, Riko and Chika made me cry of joy with their relationship... With FlipFlap I was very happy but not as moved as I was with the trio

I completely agree. I loved Flip Flappers too, and Chika and Riko are adorable together, but adding You makes the greatness of the dynamic go through the roof.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Given the actual manga for Koboyashi-san is pretty much bait (does anyone actually expect the girls to get together at this point?), I'd say it's right in KyoAni's strike zone so they'll probably make it good. Not sure if I'll watch it though, but I'll probably try the first ep.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nezchan posted:

Given the actual manga for Koboyashi-san is pretty much bait (does anyone actually expect the girls to get together at this point?), I'd say it's right in KyoAni's strike zone so they'll probably make it good. Not sure if I'll watch it though, but I'll probably try the first ep.

I guess the yuri is just a comedy trigger or one sided, I saw like 15 chapters of the manga so idk.
Can you imagine Kyoani being like "Having a sexy maid dragon who loves you is just a phase in adulthood"

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I guess the yuri is just a comedy trigger or one sided, I saw like 15 chapters of the manga so idk.
Can you imagine Kyoani being like "Having a sexy maid dragon who loves you is just a phase in adulthood"

Now I'm sad I skipped that phase.

joined Jun 12, 2015

As lons as they don't try skip Kanna and Saikawa scene, I will be happy

joined Jan 21, 2015

I wouldn't be surprised if they added more subtext, since none of it will ever go anywhere. I should probably bemoan the fact that we all know it's not actually yuri even though this exact romcom setup with a male Kobayashi would end with them falling in love... But it's a funny manga, so I guess I gave up on this particular battle.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Koboyashi-san is a gag manga, akin to yuru yuri and others, just uses it as part of characters and (ofc) the gags.

At least its a real thing, and not a pretend-they-are-lesbians/fill-in-the-gaps-with-your-imagination-but-will-never-be-real subtext thing.

last edited at Dec 30, 2016 6:29PM

joined Jan 21, 2015

Koboyashi-san is a gag manga, akin to yuru yuri and others, just uses it as part of characters and (ofc) the gags.

At least its a real thing, and not a pretend-they-are-lesbians/fill-in-the-gaps-with-your-imagination-but-will-never-be-real subtext thing.

Yeah, I shouldn't have said romcom. But I was thinking that the explicit but one-sided crush is something that often pops up in manga and anime with yuri elements, and depending on what people look for in yuri it might be more frustrating than the kind of situation where two girls blush around each other a lot but it's never explicitly said that their feelings are romantic. I don't mind either, but sometimes I can't help but hope that it will actually go somewhere even though I know better.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Ending my 2016 with Flip Flappers ep 13, and it was beautiful...

When was the last time a yuri anime actually have a proper good ending like this. I don't know. But it was beautiful...

Yes, it is a proper original canon yuri anime. That line Cocona used when talked to Papika at the end (Why didn't you come for me sooner), was it the same line that Mimi used with Salt? Like mother, like daughter I guess.

God damn it. Doujin, fill up the gap!!! It's as canon as it get here!!

last edited at Dec 31, 2016 11:09AM by Nezchan

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

^ Meeh, chill it with the spoilers a bit, especially the ending too, it only aired like 2 days ago, and itd be nice to encourage those who havent wateched it too

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Someone wake me up when there's actual yuri without implied endings pleae... I'm desperate.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Someone wake me up when there's actual yuri without implied endings pleae... I'm desperate.

^Citrus and NTR in 2017.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

^Citrus and NTR in 2017.

You can't even be sure, we don't know either how they will end nor the way their anime adaptation will. So I wouldn't be surprised to see troll ends for these two, and given the original material, it wouldn't bother me at all. All we can do is wait for a decent yuri to be turned into an anime, and creating a larger yuri fanbase shall be the role of Citrus and NTR.
And if it's a hit, the amount of animated yuri should increase, and they might pick up the good ones.

As for the question above, I'd mention Simoun. In spite of not being a yuri at all, it has a yuri ending, and even that aside, it's totally worth the watch.

joined Feb 15, 2013

^ Meeh, chill it with the spoilers a bit, especially the ending too, it only aired like 2 days ago, and itd be nice to encourage those who havent wateched it too

It's already 2 days. And hey it's not spoiler if i didn't reveal anything that can't appear in the review.

Not to mention based on my experience as i often watch anime much later than air date. Not put your whole post in spoiler sometime just make things worse for those who haven't watch. For example the fact that Papika eat sweets with Mimi behind Cocona back, and they skydived to make up.....

^look horrible with spoiler mark

last edited at Dec 31, 2016 9:49AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

As always ANN reviews makes me understand better http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/flip-flappers/episode-13/.110521 FlipFlap XD oooh so those are the fragments.
I'm glad he rewatched many episodes because I didnt.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ2phsbuTN8

Please don't screw me over 2016, this is literally the dream for me; I just saw the female version of Hakuno in this PV of the Fate/Extra anime. I will forever praise Studio Shaft if they did the unexpected and picked the female version of the protagonist to pair with Saber, since all signs pointed that they would most likely pick the male one (since drama cd and manga used the male version and they already had a voice actor for the male version from drama cd + heteronormative pairings and all that).

On the other hand, female Hakuno was always ahead in popularity polls, with the most recent one I've seen had 50+ characters in between her and the male version, so this move makes sense too.

This is also relevant to blatant yuri since there's oh-so-many moments in-game of these two plus Rin and Rani. A++ yuri if they follow those events.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I was never interested in the Fate series, but I'll definitely give Fate/Extra a shot if they go with the female protagonist. Is watching/reading the other Fate things necessary to enjoy Extra to its fullest?

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Nope. To be honest, what I liked about Fate/Extra is that it's a completely separate timeline from the mainline series, which is good for me since I hate Fate/Stay Night. You might miss a reference here and there if they decide to add those in like they did in the game, but aside from that it's definitely not a requirement.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Extra? I don't really care but... APOCRYPHA ANIME HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED! I'm so happy... Astolfo <3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIRl3jAGbXI

last edited at Dec 31, 2016 11:56AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.