Forum › Heart Gifts discussion

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Wow, a rival to Takemiya Jin for "worst eyes in a yuri manga". Only instead of looking high or like fish all the time, these characters look like they're about to become the Spiral Nemesis and end humanity. It also kind of reminds me of that dangrope and the way the PSYKO characters always get weird eyes and dislocate their jaw when they go into PSYKO mode. (I've never even seen dangrope, I just know that's what it's famous for... is there a word for that, actually? When the evil character goes full insane and they have the veins popping and the long tongue and the expressive eyes? Yugioh villains tend to do it a lot, too, basically any cheesy anime with no tact will have it. It's like Ahegao but for evil. Evilhegao?) There's way too much intensity here for a series not about saving the world. Especially combined with when they open their mouths like on page 21, it looks like the doctor should be yelling about the satellite laser demon ritual about to blow up the Earth, but all it is is that someone's gonna' have a heart attack. The art is nice at times, but holy hell does it not fit the tone of the manga at all. I actually thought the first page was a movie screen at first and it was just an over-the-top dramatic allegory for a more toned down story. Frankly, I don't think my heart can take much more of this.

last edited at Dec 26, 2016 11:52AM

Whale
joined Mar 1, 2013

This... is so familiar. Have I read this before in Dynasty?

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Looks promising.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

this take "doki doki" to a new level XD

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

LOVE WOULD KILL THOSE GIRLS!!!

The art style is amazing, i enjoyed every page of this one a lot.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

To do list :
-Hand holding.
-Hug.
-Kiss.
-Lots of [omited].

Handholding alone would kill them.

last edited at Dec 26, 2016 2:16PM

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

phisician totally gave them a guide on how two girls have sex didnt she? kukuku

last edited at Dec 27, 2016 11:27AM

joined Mar 7, 2012

It's obviously some kind of sci-fi scenario, as AFAIK there are no portable artificial hearts yet that can be charged off the regular grid.

Yeah, yeah I'm sure Shiro is deathly allergic to mechanical hearts and this was the only way to save her.

I bet when they actually find a donor heart, they'll take give Kuro back her heart and give the new heart to Shiro for the double insurance billing.

joined Jan 22, 2015

Wow, a rival to Takemiya Jin for "worst eyes in a yuri manga". Only instead of looking high or like fish all the time, these characters look like they're about to become the Spiral Nemesis and end humanity. It also kind of reminds me of that dangrope and the way the PSYKO characters always get weird eyes and dislocate their jaw when they go into PSYKO mode. (I've never even seen dangrope, I just know that's what it's famous for... is there a word for that, actually? When the evil character goes full insane and they have the veins popping and the long tongue and the expressive eyes? Yugioh villains tend to do it a lot, too, basically any cheesy anime with no tact will have it. It's like Ahegao but for evil. Evilhegao?) There's way too much intensity here for a series not about saving the world. Especially combined with when they open their mouths like on page 21, it looks like the doctor should be yelling about the satellite laser demon ritual about to blow up the Earth, but all it is is that someone's gonna' have a heart attack. The art is nice at times, but holy hell does it not fit the tone of the manga at all. I actually thought the first page was a movie screen at first and it was just an over-the-top dramatic allegory for a more toned down story. Frankly, I don't think my heart can take much more of this.

All this and you end it with a questionably bad pun. Normally I try to not be an ass but... slow clap

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

Okay, Kuro, I get where you're coming from and all, but not dying should take slightly higher priority than "*I want to know why my friend is sad*".

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Aaaand I bestow upon Shiro the title of "dumbest girls of the month", good idea to run away when the artificial heart of your beloved is running out of battery. Chasing Shiro wasn't very bright from Kuro either.

Anyway, this is quite of an original and pleasant read, I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

On a side note, I'm surprised no one has yet complained about the translation, since this is what usually happens on works done by this scanlator. Personally speaking, nothing irked me in terms of language here.

Especially combined with when they open their mouths like on page 21, it looks like the doctor should be yelling about the satellite laser demon ritual about to blow up the Earth, but all it is is that someone's gonna' have a heart attack.

You're mistaken here, she just unconsciously awakened the rinnegan. Joking aside, I firmly hate Takemya Jin's works, but not for the same reasons. Her way of drawing eyes doesn't bug me this much, even if her art isn't my cup of tea.

last edited at Dec 26, 2016 9:57PM

Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

Tag: Horror? You can't "give up" your perfectly functional heart to someone else. What kind of nightmare hospital would allow this? Now you have two patients instead of one.

lol I thought the same thing
The premise for the drama in this is too far-fetched even for me. And I have a child's knowledge of medical science.

joined May 5, 2015

They don't give the "white-haired girl" the fake heart because her body couldn't handle it since she's so weak. At least that's my guess

joined Feb 23, 2016

Ohh noo >w< Her HEART!! Σ(・□・;)

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

lol I thought the same thing
The premise for the drama in this is too far-fetched even for me. And I have a child's knowledge of medical science.

They live in a world where mechanical hearts are a thing that have smartphone like batteries and the heart even tells you the percentage of the battery, i wouldn't really try to look that much into the "realism" of this one a lot. Besides, they explain later why she needed to gave her heart away instead of just letting her take the mechanical one.

last edited at Dec 26, 2016 9:54PM

joined Feb 23, 2016

IT ALL COMES TUMBLING DOWN, TUMBLING DOWN, TUMBLING DOOOOOWNNN

Hahahah, you just had too huh? XD gawd x)

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

*Me after reading the middle chapter

hoooooolllllyyy.... FFUUUUUUUCCKKKK!!!!!

Lkjhgf
joined May 9, 2016

My goodness i didnt read "to be continued" on the last page, so i kept clicking on right. I WAS SO SHOCKED TO SEE IT FINISHED LIKE THIS cries

joined Jan 22, 2015

Drama Drama Drama Drama Drama

Forced drama aside at least the story is original.

Where did her spare battery go? My guess: its in her pocket and her girlfriend-to-be uses it to save her life.

joined Mar 27, 2014

I hope future chapters explain why Shiro couldn't be the one with the artificial heart. It seems like the obvious choice a doctor would make in that situation.

im guessin bc the other chick does sports n shit n so a roboheart aint really good to have in that scenario?

Actually, doesn't Kuro (the black-haired girl) do sports, while Shiro (the fair-haired one) do the science stuff? The POV of the narration in his manga is slightly confusing. Shiro says she enjoys being able to do sports, but is then invited to the stage as an honor for a science report she had submitted.

I think black hair girl does science-- white hair girl does sports, she jus had some random report for stage of honor

Naw, it says here that Kuro is in the sports education thing and Shiro is in the science department
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/heart_gifts_first_part#7

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Damn the cliffhangers!!!!!

Curses!!!

last edited at Dec 27, 2016 3:25AM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I hope future chapters explain why Shiro couldn't be the one with the artificial heart. It seems like the obvious choice a doctor would make in that situation.

im guessin bc the other chick does sports n shit n so a roboheart aint really good to have in that scenario?

Actually, doesn't Kuro (the black-haired girl) do sports, while Shiro (the fair-haired one) do the science stuff? The POV of the narration in his manga is slightly confusing. Shiro says she enjoys being able to do sports, but is then invited to the stage as an honor for a science report she had submitted.

I think black hair girl does science-- white hair girl does sports, she jus had some random report for stage of honor

I don't think it's that white-haired girl does sports, like, as a main thing in her life. I think she just means it's nice she can now do sports at all, unlike when she had a bum heart.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Damn the cliffhangers!!!!!

Curses!!!

Technically this one is a "stairhanger".

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The number of puns in this thread is bad for my heart. :-)

To reply you must either login or sign up.