Forum › Clumsy Girlfriend discussion

Screenshot_2017-06-30-15-13-16
joined Sep 11, 2016

and we finally got a KumiRei doujin just after the ship sank in the Anime Series

Dnasty
joined May 14, 2013

and we finally got a KumiRei doujin just after the ship sank in the Anime Series

That's why we must at least keep it sailing in our imaginations.

Tumblr_inline_mgizuwv6kd1qbs47q
joined Jan 25, 2016

cUTEEE

joined Feb 23, 2016

That's why we must at least keep it sailing in our imaginations.

I totally agree~ we must continue shipping these two in our minds~(≧∇≦)if you know what i mean ‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

joined Sep 9, 2016

This put a big, yet melancholy grin on my face. If only it had happened... sigh

Liked the afterword too. It seemed... fitting, in an unfortunate sense. I vehemently disagree with the sentiment (assuming Tama was referring to all lesbian relationships as a phase), but for what the source material is, again, it seems to fit in this case.

Edit: clarified my stance on the afterword.

last edited at Dec 25, 2016 9:56PM

'
joined Oct 5, 2016

I'm glad for this doujin, and any others, because when their ship sank, so did my heart.

Heart-Of-The-Earth
Nanofate%20feelz
joined Nov 6, 2013

I love these two, but I think KyoAni hates me. At least we've had some other good shows this season. Yuri On Ice and Flip Flappers have kept me going through the Dark Times.

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

I don't want to know but now that you said it I have to know. Please explain

Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

I avoided watching the second season despite of all the delicious baiting they did in the first few episodes, I normally lurk /u/, but it seems that the thread is not active because of the recent episodes. So yeah, can someone explain what happened?? I am still hoping for a neutral end, where Kumiko doesn't have any moments with Shuichi.

joined Feb 7, 2016

Yea what happened?

joined Dec 10, 2013

Reina for whatever reason is pining for her teacher...

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

It's always been so lmao, it's not really new, tho they do go more into detail about her feelings in S2

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

That was always a thing, but it was incredibly limited in the first season to the point where I can only remember a single scene where it came up before seemingly everyone forgot about it. Season two, on the other hand, has put a big ol' spotlight on the thing. There were a few big moments of this, but it's also permeated a lot of her character beyond said moments.

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

That was always a thing, but it was incredibly limited in the first season to the point where I can only remember a single scene where it came up before seemingly everyone forgot about it. Season two, on the other hand, has put a big ol' spotlight on the thing. There were a few big moments of this, but it's also permeated a lot of her character beyond said moments.

It also gives us reason to believe that they're fully going with the novel's ending.

Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

Cute.

That sentiment in the afterword though...

"a yuri born from Shuuichi and Sensei's existence"
"'mistakes of youth' feel that happens between normally straight people"
"just part of my dark past"
"when they would make mistakes with all their might"

Yikes.

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

It also gives us reason to believe that they're fully going with the novel's ending.

I've never read it but last time I checked in Kumiko had dated and broken up with what's his face and Reina was rejected by pedo- teacher-san?
Edit: or at least that's what I think I remember reading...

last edited at Dec 25, 2016 1:43AM

joined Jan 16, 2016

that ending commentary KMS

last edited at Dec 25, 2016 1:56AM

Dnasty
joined May 14, 2013

Well to answer why they think the ship sank, aside for Episode 11 (which is not in the novel), Reina confessed to Taki-sensei, but he mistook it as admiration, and Reina took this as a rejection, but Kumiko seems to keep on cheering her on. Shoe1 gave Kumiko the hairpin, as her bday present (in the novel).

And in the novel, after the Nationals Competition, Kumiko realizes her heterosexual feelings for Shoe1 and confesses to him and they become happy together (while Reina stays heartbroken). We're all just somewhat expecting this ending.

Nonetheless, personally, I'm okay with whatever ending as long as Kumiko doesn't end up with the guy. lol

Wow, that afterward is brutal. Also, I guess something bad happened in canon? Oh well, such is the life of a yuri fan; suffering heartbreaks is our mantra.

Screenshot_2017-06-30-15-13-16
joined Sep 11, 2016

I avoided watching the second season despite of all the delicious baiting they did in the first few episodes, I normally lurk /u/, but it seems that the thread is not active because of the recent episodes. So yeah, can someone explain what happened?? I am still hoping for a neutral end, where Kumiko doesn't have any moments with Shuichi.

it happened already, sadly

joined Apr 22, 2014

Hibike! Euphonium was the most blatantly queer-baiting show for two seasons, so I'm honestly a bit surprised at the people who were surprised/disappointed by it! At least they were (to my eyes) upfront about it by making it clear that Reina was deeply and passionately in love with Taki-sensei. There is a meaningful yuri narrative that could spring from this, but I didn't think this show ever demonstrated an interest in such.

Dnasty
joined May 14, 2013

Hibike! Euphonium was the most blatantly queer-baiting show for two seasons, so I'm honestly a bit surprised at the people who were surprised/disappointed by it! At least they were (to my eyes) upfront about it by making it clear that Reina was deeply and passionately in love with Taki-sensei. There is a meaningful yuri narrative that could spring from this, but I didn't think this show ever demonstrated an interest in such.

Well, I guess it doesn't help much that the source material isn't very queer-baiting, so it's just the animation direction trying to dig monies from the minority (maybe). I myself isn't surprised and I went and watched it with all the disappointment in mind, so you could say "I already knew." I guess others didn't, which is probably just a normal reaction since most don't search about a title before watching and just wanted to enjoy the piece for what it is. Different ideas for different folks, I guess.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

just after the ship sank in the Anime Series

Hah, funniest thing I have read in a while. Disregarding the fact that Reina was pining for Taki-sensei since the beginning, surely no one realistically expected KyoAni to go full yuri now did they?

They are masters at teasing though, gotta give the that.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Oh yikes that afterword made me grit my teeth it was like a confluence of shitty Japanese stereotypes about queer women.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Oh yikes that afterword made me grit my teeth it was like a confluence of shitty Japanese stereotypes about queer women.

jfc i know right?
I feel like it ruined whatever cute feels I had from reading the actual doujin itself

To reply you must either login or sign up.