Forum › Beloved L discussion

joined Jul 22, 2016

The pain in my heart...

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Gooooooorgeous art. I can't even express how much I'm digging this, >:3

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Wei Wei please don't be an ass... think more about her feelings ._.

I think I need make more zoom in each chapter I read xD but it's sooo beautiful ;//;

There's a resize button that makes the image large.

last edited at Dec 13, 2016 4:36PM

joined Feb 7, 2016

Also I don't quite understand what's so special about this kid. She's selfish and not really smart, she's childish as fuck, she's not even that beautiful. There's nothing amazing about her, just some regular girl who wants to be an adult as soon as possible, but there are millions of them. Yet WeiWei is shown like an extraordinary person, both in her looks and her characteristics. What's the point of this romance, I wonder.

There may well not be anything special about the kid, but Wei Wei likes her and that's all there is to it. All that is required for a romance is that both parties like each other, regardless of whether either person is as talented or beautiful as the other.

Some people have this bizarre idea that two people have to be "worthy" of each other to be in a relationship, as if just being an average person somehow makes you a lesser form of humanity undeserving of love from your "betters."

^^^

Lkjhgf
joined May 9, 2016

Awg awg i love this

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

The romance between usual and unusual person is not all that interesting. If you think about it, all books and films and stuff are written about the people the author thinks are extraordinary in some way. A romance between a dog and man's foot is not something you can create a whole story about.

You know, you should try to read more. You'd be surprised by what good writers can write about.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Love the art. Not on board with the high schooler thing, but we'll see...

Is this love all of a sudden or is this time skipping? Kinda feels like both.

Interesting all around...

last edited at Dec 13, 2016 11:43PM

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Personal opinion on this piece so far:

Highschooler thing might be an instrument for the author to help the main character reflect on her past. She wouldn't do it if she didn't have a youthful reminder around. Now, whether or not they end up together (I'm fine in either case), that's honestly up to how Weiwei gets over her own problems.

But right now, I see Weiwei deciding not to dwell on the past and just enjoy herself. It happens to be with someone about twenty years her junior, but she's not going to fret anymore. She feels/felt good with the girl and that works for her for the moment. There doesn't have to be a deeper meaning beyond that, though I suspect the high schooler hopes for such.

joined Oct 5, 2016

I dunno, I think the problem right now is that Wei Wei is just trying to enjoy her hot young girlfriend without actually making an emotional commitment to her. She's obviously been hurt pretty badly, she's at least partially in the closet, and her girlfriend broke up and married a man.

Her dating a kid just for fun isn't the way to resolve her pain, she needs to be able to actually have a real relationship, and from the last chapter it seems like she's still kind of avoiding getting too emotionally intimate with Ding Yi, even if maybe she's not even doing it consciously.

Plus of course Ding Yi's got her own shit going on, which we still know almost nothing about, but obviously she's keeping all of this a secret from her own family as well. She could very well be hoping that Wei Wei is going to take her away from her family.

joined Jun 12, 2015

"Playing house with straight girls."
This is depressing.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

One of the interesting, if depressing, about this story is that it does a good job of actually portraying the problems of the age gap they have going.

Not only are there social stigmas, but the two main characters have very little in common, in terms of life experiences, and that means it makes it hard for them to interact socially. Just look at all of the times that Wei Wei starts talking to one of her friends and Ding Yi just tunes out, because she has nothing to connect those experiences to. She can't add to the conversation in any way and it means very little to her. Similarly, we don't see Wei Wei even trying to connect to Ding Yi's life outside of their trist, and I'd expect it to end even worse if she did.

Overall, I can't see this relationship lasting, but I can see it getting both of them to confront their demons and move on to something healthier.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Oh damn right girl right onto head first confrontation i absolutely love it you tell 'er!

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

I always feel compelled to point out that the saying misses the point of that law, which was meant to stop escalation (you can't take an eye for a tooth).

joined Jun 12, 2015

Damn. What is wrong with her? I want to know her past now.

last edited at Dec 24, 2016 6:24AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Did you miss the hints of the last chapters?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The "her from the past" that Xiao Ou mentions may have been a past paramour who used the protagonist in the same way that the protagonist uses her "girlfriend" for warmth. If that's the case, it probably ended as well as you can expect.

last edited at Dec 24, 2016 7:06AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

Did you miss the hints of the last chapters?

There were hints, yes. But I want more.

9bdd23b1-1e6c-4540-bdac-7a7a8d9c3658
joined Jan 19, 2014

Omg this is PERFECT like the art and da story and the art art and everything about this manga aaaaaaaaaaaaaa more >//A//< I love it so so so muchuuuuuuuu.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Is Xiao Ou the smartass friend from the early chapters?

And what's up with his eye?

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Uh oh... I hope for a happy ending where both feel the same way :c

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

10b: "fireworkds"
10c: "hwo" is not a plausible typo when one-finger-typing. How about "hpw"?

joined Jul 22, 2016

Wei Wei, you make my heart hurt. Argh. It'll take a long way to get to their happy ending.

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

Very intriguing series. Much more than your average age-gap gimmick. And the art is incredible, really sets it apart.

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

What the fuck is going on? Can someone explain? I just dont know what's what anymore.

To reply you must either login or sign up.