Forum › Waiting Here discussion

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

In my Moon version I named my trainer Tillie, not knowing there was a character named Lillie in the game. So it became a Tillie and Lillie duo while I played. Just thought I'd share.

This was real cute.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

First manga I've seen featuring Lillie x Protagonist tag. I can't get enough of these two.

last edited at Dec 22, 2016 3:48AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Ooh, full chapter's worth

Feels weird to see Nebby as a solgaleo, though. I got Moon, and it feels like most fanartists did as well

Need more of these two. Helps make up for my own character not being able to see Lillie again ;_;

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

YUS, this is a good first Lillie/Protag doujin. Hopefully this is just the start of many more to come, this pairing is perfect.

(Nebby is Lunala, though, I refuse to acknowledge any other possibility. I like my giant bat-baby,)

last edited at Dec 22, 2016 4:17AM

Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

I agree that it feels weird to see Nebby as Solgaleo, haha. I hope this pokemon pairing becomes more popular because daaaaaaaaamn, the game is really gay af. Everybody should play it and be exposed to the power of Yuri.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

it feels weird to see Nebby as Solgaleo

It's because Nebby is predominantly blue like Lunala

joined Aug 11, 2014

The weirdest thing about Nebby as a Solgaleo is that Cosmog > Cosmoem > Lunala looks incredibly natural as a progression, with the same colour scheme, overall shape, and features, whereas Solgaleo is similar around the face but completely different everywhere else. Maybe I'm just biased because I played Moon first, but the evolution from Cosmog to Lunala looked so deliberately designed that I had completely assumed that Sun!Nebby would look like a little puppy or something, and was really surprised and confused when I found out that the first two stages look the same. It's not like there aren't already alternate forms for the same pokemon, either.

Anyway, this doujin is perfect, this really is the best way for them to reunite. Lillie left to become stronger, both for herself and for her mother, so it's only fitting that she should return as a league challenger. She always seemed to feel a bit helpless, when all she could do was follow other trainers around, so finally being able to face each other on equal footing like this makes seeing her off at the end of the game feel worth it.

I would have liked a scene where Nebby goes back to her, since then her journey would have truly come full circle (and the protagonist can get an alternate universe Cosmog for themselves, after all) but I can't expect everything from a single doujin.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

The weirdest thing about Nebby as a Solgaleo is that Cosmog > Cosmoem > Lunala looks incredibly natural as a progression

I wouldn't be surprised if solgaleo was the result of artist's block. The whole design looks kind of unfinished

I would have liked a scene where Nebby goes back to her

Mn, the scene where you get Nebby really emphasizes that Nebby considers both the PC and Lille to be about as important, and I don't think Nebby would stick solely with one of them. Nebby is sort of like their kid

last edited at Dec 22, 2016 8:02AM

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

My Nebby turned into a Solgaleo so this comic seems natural to me. XD I got Sun because my preference was lion > bat; maybe the author thought the same?

A9fe1102-7f0e-4701-a4a9-e2611d5c44c7
joined Jan 14, 2016

Aaaaaaaaawwww

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

So, as someone who hasn't played this latest game but sees a lot of art about it, what makes this iteration so gay? Is there any real subtext to it, or is this just yuri goggles?

79769fb62fb8crop
joined Dec 7, 2014

When I finished the game and the credits were rolling, I thought to myself that I really wanted see to this specific scene. Where Lillie will reunite with protagonist when she was going to fight against her and Nebby as the challenger vs the champion. I am so glad that someone had the same idea as me and bought my dream to fruition.

Kaede
joined Nov 20, 2016

So, as someone who hasn't played this latest game but sees a lot of art about it, what makes this iteration so gay? Is there any real subtext to it, or is this just yuri goggles?

(MINOR SPOILERS)

There's various teases (especially one at the end that's deliberately staged like a confession, but of course you're interrupted by fireworks), but it's mostly yuri goggles. Lillie is a first for Pokemon, though - she's like this helpless non-combatant sidekick, and the games really play up the protagonist as some kind of prodigy, even more than past games, so of course the protag ends up swooping in any time she needs help.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Nebby is sort of like their kid

So true. Lillie even acts as a typical mom when her kid goes to his first day of school.

Depending on how you see it, Lillie's relationship with the MC (gender is irrelevant) ranges from admiration to a one-sided crush. The game gives enough scenes to support either interpretation.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

GIMME MOAR

Hana
joined Jun 20, 2014

hopefully this is the start of many more doujins of this pairing to come xD

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Lillie is obviously in love with MC, nobody can argue that. MC most likely is too judging by the dialogue when you sleep in her sofa, both before and after she's gone.

The weirdest thing about Nebby as a Solgaleo is that Cosmog > Cosmoem > Lunala looks incredibly natural as a progression, with the same colour scheme, overall shape, and features, whereas Solgaleo is similar around the face but completely different everywhere else.

Think of the poliwag line, Lunala is like poliwrath and Solgaleo like Politoed.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Moon seems to be the popular choice this generation. Looks like everyone here has it and out of the four people I personally know who have one of the games irl only one of them has Sun. (I've got Moon myself because night > day.)

Blank Mage posted:

It's mostly yuri goggles but not entirely. If your trainer is male then the game actually does subtly ship the two together and there is a bit of the less subtle shipping dialog changed if your trainer is female to avoid that but they still left a lot of that stuff in so it's quite easy to see that way regardless. I think the intention is that Lillie and the protagonist are simply supposed to be very close if the protagonist is female. Won't stop me from shipping them together though.

lenne18 posted:

So true. Lillie even acts as a typical mom when her kid goes to his first day of school.

Missed this part but this was my exact thought at that point in the game. It was adorable as hell. One of the most adorable moments in the game, along with the splash scene.

last edited at Dec 22, 2016 10:29AM

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

mfw, that feel when you see people talking about pokemon but you only watch the gameplays

Dia%20mezashi
joined Dec 5, 2014

It's mostly yuri goggles but not entirely. If your trainer is male then the game actually does subtly ship the two together and there is a bit of the less subtle shipping dialog changed if your trainer is female to avoid that but they still left a lot of that stuff in so it's quite easy to see that way regardless. I think the intention is that Lillie and the protagonist are simply supposed to be very close if the protagonist is female. Won't stop me from shipping them together though.

Oh, it's more shippy with a male MC? I'd assumed it was the same, since it was pretty dang shippy with the feMC.

And you poor poor Moonies... no pink clothes...

joined Sep 19, 2014

Yep I felt the yuri in this game even if it was subtle^^ And I ship it!!!

I'm so happy about this doujin because I definitely wanted to see this happen in the game. Being challenged by Lillie would have been awesome!

And I love the fact that the MC looks like decidueye XD It reminded me Lance from Red/Blue ^^

last edited at Dec 22, 2016 4:28PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Oh, it's more shippy with a male MC? I'd assumed it was the same, since it was pretty dang shippy with the feMC.

Yeah, there's only one spot I know of where the dialogue changed, though I can't recall off the top of my head where I saw comparison screenshots showing it.

I think my trainer turned out good regardless of a lack of pink clothes.

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

Oh my Shogun heart, it was so cute! Even though, like most comments here, seeing Nebby as a Solgaleo is strange for me as well...

It was a very good doujin and made me very happy (but, I still need much more, because honestly I'm still feeling like this...)

So true².

Well, the clothes can be dyed at the Plaza, it's just a matter of the right store appearing (for me, the first dye store was the pink one).

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Yeah, there's only one spot I know of where the dialogue changed, though I can't recall off the top of my head where I saw comparison screenshots showing it.

I think you're referring to this scene? https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5gz478/lillies_dialogue_during_the_exeggutor_island_rain/

I haven't been able to play Sun or Moon since I'm poor and I can't afford a 3DS (and yet I browse the Pokemon subreddit frequently for some reason...), but some people in that thread are saying that Lillie said the "male dialogue" to their female MC. Perhaps the line she says is determined by some other factor?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Minutoh posted:

I think you're referring to this scene? https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5gz478/lillies_dialogue_during_the_exeggutor_island_rain/

I haven't been able to play Sun or Moon since I'm poor and I can't afford a 3DS (and yet I browse the Pokemon subreddit frequently for some reason...), but some people in that thread are saying that Lillie said the "male dialogue" to their female MC. Perhaps the line she says is determined by some other factor?

Yup, I'm pretty sure that was the one I was thinking of. I got the bit of dialogue they said was for female trainers there myself.

To reply you must either login or sign up.