ForumNews Tracer Confirmed To Have A Girlfriend In Overwatch 'Reflections'

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

http://i.imgur.com/Pa4lhuS.png

Aaah, this kind of reaction is amazing at this point. We've really reached a new level of gal pals.

Nah that guy is right. They were not kissing. They were merely touching lips to remove the dust.

Occasionally followed by tongue cleaning to save money.

last edited at Dec 20, 2016 11:04PM

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/Pa4lhuS.png

Aaah, this kind of reaction is amazing at this point. We've really reached a new level of gal pals.

Nah that guy is right. They were not kissing. They were merely touching lips to remove the dust.

Occasionally followed by tongue cleaning to save money.

Oh they're suffering is delightful

Oc%20sketchdump%2012
joined Jun 24, 2013

even if pharah/mercy are straight in canon, i highly doubt it'd change anything for the shippers (myself included, pharmercy or death). i'm just glad that blizzard revealed tracer's sexuality in such a nonchalant way. it really normalizes the LGBT community. so glad i got the game!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I want to see Tracer'sGFxTracerxWidowmaker now

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Yeah that sums it up pretty well.
How more fucking clear do you need to be?

To these kind of people, it'll never be clear enough. She could have fingering Tracer that they'd argue that "please, that proves nothing, she's probably just helping her remove her tampon !"

Tracer being gay isn't much of a surprise, but it's nice overall. Saw a few idiot reactions here and there as well, some being "ugh, not playing her again", as if doing so might turn them gay. XD

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Saw a few idiot reactions here and there as well, some being "ugh, not playing her again", as if doing so might turn them gay. XD

Those degenerates from Blizzard and their evil plans! Trying to make everyone gay!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Chantelune posted:

To these kind of people, it'll never be clear enough. She could have fingering Tracer that they'd argue that "please, that proves nothing, she's probably just helping her remove her tampon !"

Those people grow up and become Kyoani writers

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Tracer being gay isn't much of a surprise, but it's nice overall. Saw a few idiot reactions here and there as well, some being "ugh, not playing her again", as if doing so might turn them gay. XD

I really, really, REALLY want Reaper to turn out to be gay too.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

You know, in the end Blizzard played it safe. Almost disappointingly so.

Unless they introduce in game interactions making reference to Emily, the whole thing won't be nothing more than a footnote in the great scheme of the things, much other elements introduced already on the comics (does anyone remember or cares about Phara's squad mates?)

Something really impressive would've been to actually reveal Tracer's orientation by making her be in a relationship with another hero. Or hell, they would've simply gone the Bioware route and made everyone potencial romantic interests so the audience could've picked whichever they like the most.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Unless they introduce in game interactions making reference to Emily, the whole thing won't be nothing more than a footnote in the great scheme of the things, much other elements introduced already on the comics (does anyone remember or cares about Phara's squad mates?)

Something really impressive would've been to actually reveal Tracer's orientation by making her be in a relationship with another hero. Or hell, they would've simply gone the Bioware route and made everyone potencial romantic interests so the audience could've picked whichever they like the most.

Well Overwatch is not a romance orientated game after all. Their love interested and partners naturally stay in the background.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's hilarious that this is considered a big deal when canonically people bone robots in the brave Overwatch future.

joined Dec 19, 2016

This comes off as so hamfisted to me. They aren't making these characters gay because it adds any sort of value to the character's development, but to show how "progressive" they are. Frankly this just comes off as incredibly insulting.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

This comes off as so hamfisted to me. They aren't making these characters gay because it adds any sort of value to the character's development, but to show how "progressive" they are. Frankly this just comes off as incredibly insulting.

No, it comes over as Tracer simply being gay and spending her Christmas with her gf. Not every romance has to be super character building.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I mean, I see your point, but, functionally, that's is pretty much the same thing as revealing that she's in a relationship with another hero. It's just gonna be revealed in a comic or a short and then completely forgotten about afterward. Still, I would like to see some quotes referencing Emily, and I'm sure Blizzard will throw them in at some point. You know, now that I'm thinking about it, I don't any heroes say anything explicit about romantic stuff. They might imply stuff, sure, but they don't actually say anything... well, Tracer's the only one so far with an actual named romantic interest, so I'm hoping that she'll reference her at some point.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh, is it time for "how dare Blizz put politics in my games" already?

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

How dare Blizz put politics in my games! They should be putting in more terrible microtransaction loot boxes!

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Personally, I like that they treat that as something casual and normal instead of making a big deal out of it (well, the whole buzz they built beforehand aside). It feels more like "some people are gay, doing gay things like the normal people they are".

And using Tracer who's pretty much Overwatch poster girl is a nice touch in my opinion, instead of using a more "minor" character. Or an even more cliché one than a tomboyish girl (like Zarya).

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Personally, I like that they treat that as something casual and normal instead of making a big deal out of it (well, the whole buzz they built beforehand aside). It feels more like "some people are gay, doing gay things like the normal people they are".

And using Tracer who's pretty much Overwatch poster girl is a nice touch in my opinion, instead of using a more "minor" character. Or an even more cliché one than a tomboyish girl (like Zarya).

I'm of the same opinion. Poster girl being queer + it being treated so casually is a win-win in my book.

Nezchan Moderator
Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I sure hope this page is mocking people in denial, else that'd be very, very sad.

Fact that this is possibly a serious page is even sadder, actually...

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

People aren't gay to add 'value' to their character lol. Blizzard didn't need to make some big plot that somehow tied into such a simple thing as 'tracer likes girls' - it's just a part of who she is - I think it would of been a mistake to NOT do it so casually.

And with such a big lineup it would have been really long odds that none of them were gay - but I'm quite surprised (and happy) that they went with tracer - who is basically the lead promo character for overwatch!

I would of rather d.va was her gf but I can see why it's better to not pair up characters I guess.

Blizzard choosing to not release it in Russia because of their idiot laws - I'm not sure if they should of gone ahead or not - it wouldn't of been allowed and probably just got banned right away anyways but maybe they should of made a point to show they don't agree with such a stance.

last edited at Dec 22, 2016 11:37AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Chantelune posted:

I sure hope this page is mocking people in denial, else that'd be very, very sad.

It seems like it's satirical with how ridiculous the majority of the reasons are. Also #24 is basically exactly what did actually happen as well.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's a clickbait parody site run by Cracked, it's been around for a while now.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

elevown posted:

People aren't gay to add 'value' to their character lol. Blizzard didn't need to make some big plot that somehow tied into such a simple thing as 'tracer likes girls' - it's just a part of who she is - I think it would of been a mistake to NOT do it so casually.

And with such a big lineup it would have been really long odds that none of them were gay - but I'm quite surprised (and happy) that they went with tracer - who is basically the lead promo character for overwatch!

I would of rather d.va was her gf but I can see why it's better to not pair up characters I guess.

Blizzard choosing to not release it in Russia because of their idiot laws - I'm not sure if they should of gone ahead or not - it wouldn't of been allowed and probably just got banned right away anyways but maybe they should of made a point to show they don't agree with such a stance.

Losing sales and losing all the players from Russia in the process? Of course, amusing that if they release it there, the game would've been banned.

especially since Tracer is straight, is in love with me, and is not a lesbian?

Ok xD

last edited at Dec 22, 2016 12:29PM

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

Pfffft like this is gonna stop me from shipping Tracer/Widowmaker. If anything, this just adds an extra body to the pile. XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.