Forum › Anime season

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

So Izetta turned out neither het or gay just alternate historic anime?

Good thing i decided to wait till it end.

It's as yuri as any anime not labeled as yuri will ever be, probably.
It was a good show.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Geez, Keijo lol. That's two/four razor sharp nipples now! Asstack on Titan!

Izetta: So...genki-dama finish?...The whole clones thing was so pointless! Oh, and fairy tale ending...gay...I think? The fact that the only good/memorable male got a red shirt death is also really annoying.

Vivid Strike: was SO GAY 2:00 min mark! AND an I love you/daisuki from Rinne! holy shiet! the episode was incredibly heart-warming too!

What is wrong with your hair!

Seriously! It's like a Ryoga x Yuma EX- fusion...wait a minute...

last edited at Dec 18, 2016 1:41AM

joined Mar 11, 2016

I agree with most here that kyoani is not to blame but the folks who still get baited even after being trolled in their every work before. Sigh. -_-'

@Macy, Tamako didn't show any interest in her male childhood friend either. So it could have gone either way. Isn't it a genuine complaint that in all of the 12/13 episodes, there is no signs of her liking him but in the movie she is magically in love with him? and they start dating?!

Series had an open end so there was some hope for yuri fans but in the movie kyoani trashed us with het ending?!
My problem with kyoani: Not giving her gay friend the chance to confess her feelings and get an answer; whether be it acceptance or rejection. To know how Tamako felt about her and having a gay relationship? would not that have been more better (execution of the story) and fair to her (and us)?

I think kyoani purposely? ignored these bits because in kyoani's world; two girls can't make out. ):<

@Serena, Yeah, Long Riders is even more enjoyable when they include Aoi x Ami moments. :) It makes me overjoyed for some reason. :?
Same with Stella no Mahou. ;)

@Rahon, You should watch Izetta, It gets way better from ep 6/8 on wards in terms of plot. They do include bits of yuri/subtext and it cannot become any more gay than that carpet ride.

last edited at Dec 18, 2016 5:18AM

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

Izetta was a good show. I am think my biggest complaint is that I think it was too ambitious for a 12 episode show. If it had more time to expand upon the plot and some of the other details...like the whole clone aspect. It may not have felt like such a stretch. The shows main strength was the relationship between our two leads and I think a longer season would have made that part better as well.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So Izetta's ending was about what it had been leading up to, fandom worries aside. Fine x Izetta is sweet and about as gay as you can get without being labeled yuri. Show itself is pretty uneven and was probably intended to be two-cour at some point, but averages out to fairly alright. Worth a look if you have five hours with nothing else to do

MahoIku had a fairly good final episode. Yuri-wise there's a lesbian couple and some questionable moments with the other characters, but nearly everyone dies... The series is great if you like the whole battle royale type thing

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Izetta was a good show. I am think my biggest complaint is that I think it was too ambitious for a 12 episode show. If it had more time to expand upon the plot and some of the other details...like the whole clone aspect. It may not have felt like such a stretch. The shows main strength was the relationship between our two leads and I think a longer season would have made that part better as well.

Show itself is pretty uneven and was probably intended to be two-cour at some point, but averages out to fairly alright.

Yoshino problems usually come from having too much time on his hands and putting stupid things to fill it, so being one cour was the best outcome.

I don't get the complainings people have with the end, to be fair. It was one of the best anime ending I saw since some time, and better than I thought it would be. Not saying it was great and perfect, but anime's ending are usually the worst part of it. This time it was used to built an emotional end for an adventure story. I think it was pretty competent in that.

last edited at Dec 18, 2016 10:57AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I think I dropped everything this season... Was fairly mediocre tbh.

Also, what ever happened to that actual lesbian in that reverse harem anime? I forgot what it was called.

Anyways, so glad next season is just around the corner tho, dragon yuri and KonoSuba ~

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I think I dropped everything this season... Was fairly mediocre tbh.

Also, what ever happened to that actual lesbian in that reverse harem anime? I forgot what it was called.

Anyways, so glad next season is just around the corner tho, dragon yuri and KonoSuba ~

I believe you're talking about Nishina Shima from Kiss Him, Not Me (which I'm watching, by the way... it's pretty good, honestly). I'm pretty sure Shima is bisexual and not gay since she salivates over yaoi just as much as the MC (Kae) does (yep, salivates), but the point still stands that she's part of Kae's harem plus four dudes and it's very clear that she's in love with her. Right now, I'd say that all of the suitors have a fairly equal chance of getting the girl (yes, even Shima), but, let's face it, Shima's definitely not gonna win. Who knows though... apparently, everything the mangaka made before this was yaoi so maybe she'll throw a curveball and pair up all the guys with each other, leaving Kae for Shima! Yeah, that's a fever dream, so I'm hoping that Flip Flappers at least will have actual yuri in the end.

Fun fact: she's the only one that actually kissed the MC at this point, even if she did pass it off as a joke.

last edited at Dec 18, 2016 2:19PM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Long Riders episode 9 had nice shipping moments, especially between Ami and Aoi! :)

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

naruto just wont end dammit!! and now baruto(naruto gt) begins!!
the only good part on baruto is orochi kid!!

last edited at Dec 18, 2016 6:53PM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

need more wincest anime dammit!!

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Fun fact: she's the only one that actually kissed the MC at this point, even if she did pass it off as a joke

I'm not up to date, but are you?
I don't think that's true anymore, anime-wise >_>

last edited at Dec 18, 2016 7:29PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Huh, a yuri end for Gundam is looking plausible. More emphasis on Atra and Kudelia liking each other, but Mika still doesn't particularly care and is starting to death-flag

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Rabbit season!

Duck season!

Rabbit season!

Duck season!

Duck season!

Anime season!

** BLAM **

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

BAITSA DASUTO!!!!!! he only wanted a quite life rip

last edited at Dec 18, 2016 9:06PM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Fun fact: she's the only one that actually kissed the MC at this point, even if she did pass it off as a joke

While I like this anime and all, it's kind of... forgettable, to be honest, especially compared to the other anime I'm watching right now (Flip Flappers). I watched Episode 10 yesterday and I don't really remember any other kisses... Spoilers for the 8th episode (I think at least) I think Nanashima might have kissed her during his sick dream thing, but I don't really remember. I wouldn't really count something like that as an actual kiss, but, yeah, I see your point. When did one of the dudes kiss her?

last edited at Dec 18, 2016 9:18PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Huh, a yuri end for Gundam is looking plausible. More emphasis on Atra and Kudelia liking each other, but Mika still doesn't particularly care and is starting to death-flag

If this turns out to be true, I will go back and pick up season 2 after dropping it due to loss of interest.

Because Kudelia x Atra is my OTP (and I don't need to jump through hoops like for other Gundam pairings).

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

If this turns out to be true, I will go back and pick up season 2 after dropping it due to loss of interest.

²

joined Sep 21, 2014

While I like this anime and all, it's kind of... forgettable, to be honest, especially compared to the other anime I'm watching right now (Flip Flappers). I watched Episode 10 yesterday and I don't really remember any other kisses... Spoilers for the 8th episode (I think at least) I think Nanashima might have kissed her during his sick dream thing, but I don't really remember. I wouldn't really count something like that as an actual kiss, but, yeah, I see your point. When did one of the dudes kiss her?

Yeah that was it, Nanashima does kiss her, tho it was pretty gross and 'unconsciously' done. Arguably, Nishima does surprise-kiss her too, but idk, it felt more legit than his at least

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Koi Kaze [excellent].
Yosuga no Soraa [Shitty].
Pupa [Wincest subtext, but the anime itself is a 35 minutes long torture].

... That's the only wincest animes that comes to my mind atm.

last edited at Dec 18, 2016 10:15PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Koi Kaze [excellent].
Yosuga no Soraa [Shitty].
Pupa [Wincest subtext, but the anime itself is a 35 minutes long torture].

... That's the only wincest animes that comes to my mind atm.

Candy Boy

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

^
It's trashy SoL comedy subtext..

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Yeah that was it, Nanashima does kiss her, tho it was pretty gross and 'unconsciously' done. Arguably, Nishima does surprise-kiss her too, but idk, it felt more legit than his at least

I feel like Shima's kiss was more legit cause, you know, she was actually conscious while she was doing the kissin'. It's certainly true that Nanashima's kiss was a lot more disgusting compared to Shima's even though they were both pretty much forced kisses... though the atmosphere and all that stuff of the Nanashima kiss scene was definitely a lot more disturbing. And the fact that he's a guy, there's that too.

It's trashy SoL comedy subtext..

Trashy? Candy Boy's the opposite of trashy (to me, at least). I mean, I don't even remember any fanservice shots at all, and their relationship wasn't fetishized at all... granted, I haven't watched it in months so there probably were some. Still, it's definitely not subtext, especially considering they kiss at the end!

last edited at Dec 18, 2016 10:43PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

I feel like Shima's kiss was more legit cause, you know, she was actually conscious while she was doing the kissin'. It's certainly true that Nanashima's kiss was a lot more disgusting compared to Shima's even though they were both pretty much forced kisses... though the atmosphere and all that stuff of the Nanashima kiss scene was definitely a lot more disturbing. And the fact that he's a guy, there's that too.

They're both technically 'forced', but at Nishima did it relatively slowly, didn't like, push her down or anything. It's more like she 'stole' a kiss, did it more playfully. And Kae's reaction afterwards wasn't straight up being traumatized and scared

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Gundam keeps the action to the limit !!! but that idiot Lok... That imbecile, dumb, brainless piece of shit keeps getting in the way.
And yup... The yaoi vibes keeps appearing, I wonder if they will do something about it or they're just trying to be kyoani

To reply you must either login or sign up.