Forum › Anime season

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

What is wrong with your hair!

Ight I have not being watching yu gi oh since I was younger, but dont most of their hairstyles look removable? XD
I kinda like his design actually, it looks fine. His name is ight too, I might just watch it

cough Flip
http://i.imgur.com/M3lQXWL.jpg

Niiice, official art?

Yup! or at least I'm 99%

I like it, Cocona seems rather possessive :P
I cant tell on my semi rekt'd tablet (which shows colours weirdly), could you/someone tell me the colour of Cocona's eyes?

last edited at Dec 17, 2016 12:10AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

In English

I dunno, looks about normal for YGO to me

I cant tell on my semi rekt'd tablet (which shows colours weirdly), could you/someone tell me the colour of Cocona's eyes?

Brown. Don't worry, it's not Mimi

last edited at Dec 17, 2016 12:05AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

In English

I dunno, looks about normal for YGO to me

YGO characters usually rolls with double layered hairs

That guy is going a step further and doing 3 layers

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Guys I just watched all of FlipFlops in the last 24 hours or something as finals crushing celebration. What do I do now? Everything else seems so bland in comparison! Even gay ping pongs :(

Help, please!

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Best Mangaka Rohan posted:

Maybe it is a thing in Japan for people to go "look at how gay these girls are, they are straight through"?

More like thinking of every homophobic.

Anyways, i think it's people's own fault to even hope that they would get a yuri anime from someone who is yuri baiting them for years and then bitching about it.

But then again 'Common sense not in common people'.

At least i put them on my 'Never watch his works' list.

I think it's mainly two crowds - the cynics and the hopeful. The cynics will be like 'It's KyoAni, of course it's yuri bait. Don't take the bait.', while the hopeful will be 'It's 2016, maybe KyoAni has finally come around and will give some canon yuri, right?'

joined Sep 21, 2014

Guys I just watched all of FlipFlops in the last 24 hours or something as finals crushing celebration. What do I do now? Everything else seems so bland in comparison! Even gay ping pongs :(

Help, please!

ikr ;(
I still enjoy my blushy gay pingpong grills, but the hype i get for FFlappers is unparalleled tbh, it's a different kind of feeling than I've had for most series, even if i enjoyed them too
Then again, i hadnt been watching anime for some time until last year, probs missed out

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

YGO characters usually rolls with double layered hairs

That guy is going a step further and doing 3 layers

Eh, Yugi had three layers, and Yuma's looks less natural

Help, please!

I've been distracting myself with Pokemon, mainly

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Yuma's looks less natural

We don't talk about Zexal here, unless it's to talk about how hot Dyson Sphere is

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Best Mangaka Rohan posted:

Maybe it is a thing in Japan for people to go "look at how gay these girls are, they are straight through"?

More like thinking of every homophobic.

Anyways, i think it's people's own fault to even hope that they would get a yuri anime from someone who is yuri baiting them for years and then bitching about it.

But then again 'Common sense not in common people'.

At least i put them on my 'Never watch his works' list.

I think it's mainly two crowds - the cynics and the hopeful. The cynics will be like 'It's KyoAni, of course it's yuri bait. Don't take the bait.', while the hopeful will be 'It's 2016, maybe KyoAni has finally come around and will give some canon yuri, right?'

I won't see myself as cynic. I usually give someone a few chanes to prove themselves worthy. If not proved, then no reason of wasting time. I gave Toei animation a chance after they fucked up with Toriko anime and DB super first two arcs, but that last time they improved U6 and Black arc way better than manga. So i'm sticking with them.

But in case of KyoAni, they dun fucked it up too many times with every damn yuri they ever animated. So no reason of why hoping anything good from them.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Well in Tamako market it was obvious Tamako didn't feel anything gay for her friend. So no surprise to me there.
What about the others? I haven't watched Lucky Star or anything, but these shows are about very young girls. So expecting a confirmed Yuri romance from them is a bit too much imo.

Hibike season 1 was pretty gay. There was only one mention of Taki and none of Shuichi. So, having the director saying they don't want to turn this into a shujo anime, I thought we would be fine with the Kumiko and Shuichi parts.
I wouldn't have imagined the het would come from Reina. And in this way too.
After their trip and Reina mentioning Taki more and more, I thought we were done. So I was like, ok we are done with this and now we can go back to KimiRei doing stuff together.
But turns out they dragged this thing all over the season, which I didn't expect to go this far.

I don't care about canon Yuri confirmations or kisses, as long as they have good chemistry and it's obvious they like each other.
I think some Yuri fans are going overboard with wanting to have a canon kiss etc though.
Remember these shows are also intended for younger audiences too, and canon Yuri puts off some of them.
Not everything has to pander to a specific audience, so keep repeating that this will never be canon and trying to make people not watch it is annoying. And I'm referring to the time before season 2 started.
Let them decide when they want to drop something or not.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Help, please!

Maybe try some old series?

Like Tekyuu, Penguindrum, Kill la Kill, or Rolling Girls? Not that they are high in my list but they certainly can't be regarded as bland

What do you mean by gay Ping Pong btw?

last edited at Dec 17, 2016 6:49AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

What do you mean by gay Ping Pong btw?

I'd assume Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume (Scorching Ping Pong Girls in English). It has ping pong and is pretty gay

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

The fact that none of you saw the bait coming is astounding, it's Kyoani, to them gay girls dont exist, only girls that dont know they are straight yet.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Everyone knew this had high chances for bait. It's just that some people are willing to give it a chance before the actual het appears.

last edited at Dec 17, 2016 9:43AM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Kyoani has been given far too many chances tbh, they will never do canon gay, they will always bait and they can get away with it because Japan.

joined Dec 9, 2014

There is nothing we can do about it. It comes down to what everyone can handle. Besides yuri is a niche genre, and a lot of people don't care about this.
I just wish this won't get any more seasons because Kumiko will end up with Shuichi sooner or later. And it would be nice if this season doesn't sell as much.

On another note, today is Izetta last episode and it's sad to see this over. Last episode was pretty sweet

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Well, that was Izetta. I kinda liked the ending, but I wanted to see a kiss!!!

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

So Izetta turned out neither het or gay just alternate historic anime?

Good thing i decided to wait till it end.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I really like Long Riders, it's nothing special but is charming (also... Damn, they spend a lot of money!!).

Plus, we have Aoi who is like a charming tomboy prince always caring for Ami... And the team mates don't lose a chance to tease her with that! episode 9 was another of those very yuri moments

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Oh SHIT!
I was NOT expecting them to change the character design in Saintia Sho to match Shingo Araki's style!
Holy shit i'm way more interested in it now!

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Recreating Aladdin's magic carpet ride is as gay as it gets without an actual on screen kiss.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Recreating Aladdin's magic carpet ride is as gay as it gets without an actual on screen kiss.

What?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Finally watched Flip Flappers this week, and happy to see that it's still gay.

The return of "switch with me" is interesting. I don't recall art-senpai doing any sort of personality switch when she did it, but I guess given the outstanding power of Mimi it makes sense there'd be a stronger response.

As far as Cocona and Mimi in Pure Illusion goes, it does come off as pretty familiar ground, and I assume Cocona's response in the end will also be similar.

joined Sep 21, 2014

What?

Theyre referring to one of the pretty gay scenes that happened

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kyonne posted:

Oh SHIT!
I was NOT expecting them to change the character design in Saintia Sho to match Shingo Araki's style!
Holy shit i'm way more interested in it now!

While not denying that it looks good, I would've preferred something in between... The manga's art is beautiful and now that we have a girl, it would've been more fitting in the animation.

But I guess Shingo's style assures hardcore fans attention even without male lead. Is shounen after all.

And here's ann http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/flip-flappers/episode-11/.110050 review of flipflappers if anyone cares... I'm sad that he can only hope for episode 12 to be "damage control" based on what they did with the 11, but I know how he's feeling, it could've been handled so much better in so many ways.

He didn't mention the nyanyu character... but... meh.

last edited at Dec 17, 2016 8:12PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.