Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

She thinks that a "normal" relationship is the best outcome, is not like she enjoy this

Of course, I'm not defending her method

last edited at Dec 14, 2016 4:34PM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

She thinks that a "normal" relationship is the best outcome, is not like she enjoy this

Of course, I'm not defending her method

Oh yeah, i get her motivations, but thats like trying to fix someone's eating disorder by forcing food down their throats. Even if your intentions are good, it makes you look like an horrible person who's not thinking in the other person feelings.

Tumblr_pcncujlobx1vjy21go6_250
joined Apr 13, 2014

You know I would respect the hell out of this series if they go the hardcore realistic depressing route. Like someones' bottled up emotions expload causing an incident that breaks up the group or they somehow keep this balancing act going until they graduate. Than they drift apart after several years. Than in the last chapter they get together for some school reunion and it reveals that they each found a different way to cope for their messed up love triangle. Like one found a decent guy and preoccupied herself with raising a family, another just kinda broke down and took to sleeping with every woman under the sun, and the last one buried her feelings in work.

I will pray so that nothing that crosses your mind ever happens.

Me too but I think I see something like that here... With 2 friends, maybe they share a pool? Aggg I don't remember TT

Way too off-topic, but wheres your profile pic from? It looks lovely.

bit late, didn't know if anyone answered you. http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/when_you_say_no_i_say_eek

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Kotooka is really damn good at self-destructing.
She's the human incarnation of a trainwreck.

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

It feels like the author just doesn't want us to like her.

I get this feeling too. I was kinda liking her too, since it seems like she's trying to balance out everyone's feelings. But this is crossing over into forcing het territory, and I'm back to bating her again.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@Sunnyskies posted:

Kotooka is really damn good at self-destructing.
She's the human incarnation of a trainwreck.

I agree. She is self destructive, but I find this quality in her refreshing, actually.

I was kind of in the "rolling my eyes" spot when she was being built up as the character feel sorry for and the fans collapsed into her wagon. I mean, it's fine, expected, but...expected is boring to me. That said...the author hasn't yet given us many options because even though Shiratori seems to be the primary protagonist, Kotooka is the most complex character at this point. She's the most interesting character right now, but I hope ...the author develops all three girls more.

Lots of teenager--and just people, in general--are like Kotooka. Hide behind boyfriends, etc., to cover up personal insecurities. There are much more cliché ways of portraying a Kotooka-like character, so I'm still happy with the development of her character portrait. (I'm thinking that the span of time covered is still short, so from chapter-to-chapter we're getting a better sense of who she is and not so much seeing growth in her character, yet.)

As for the chapter, I enjoyed reading it with multiple lenses, with reader knowledge versus Kotooka's knowledge versus Shiratori, etc. The disparate knowledge gives us a very concrete means of evaluating character's reactions differently. In short, I'm enjoying the author's exaggerated?? focus on incomplete knowledge. For example, when we see the half-smile on Washio's face at advising Kotooka, it carries much more meaning (for us readers) than the last time we saw that expression.

Content wise, I'm with a number of other folks in that I have no sympathy for public outing. If she really wanted to help them, she could talk to Washio and Shiratori individually, but she was near to just giving into her own sense of frustration.

Another thought about the Washio advice sequence: It was kind of off putting. I'm with Kotooka on that one. She didn't ask Washio to save anything. A bit presumptuous. I don't know if the author is intentionally giving Washio a bit of a hero-complex flaw or something. Maybe not, given how people seem to be reacting to Kotooka in this chapter. I still see Washio as an unknown, but I'd like to play a bit of devil's advocate and say that Kotooka's not the only one with room to grow here.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

It feels like the author just doesn't want us to like her.

I get this feeling too. I was kinda liking her too, since it seems like she's trying to balance out everyone's feelings. But this is crossing over into forcing het territory, and I'm back to bating her again.

Yeah, i totally get what you're saying. I get her helping out the girl she likes with a guy if both parties are in agreement in doing that, but when both have stated that isn't the intention right now, she's just forcing the issue at this point and nothing good would come out of it.

joined Jun 7, 2015

Hey, does someone has just roughly translating the latest chapter of Nanashi no Asterism in ganga online? I can't read japanese but, I'm sure something happen between those two 'boys'. Anyone can explain me that chapter???

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

REI-_Rei posted:

Hey, does someone has just roughly translating the latest chapter of Nanashi no Asterism in ganga online? I can't read japanese but, I'm sure something happen between those two 'boys'. Anyone can explain me that chapter???

This ain't the right place to ask for spoiler, you gotta wait like all of us for translation

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

I think Kotooka was about to go full yandere in at least 2 instances. Good thing now she's only gonna ruin everything...

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I think Kotooka was about to go full yandere in at least 2 instances. Good thing now she's only gonna ruin everything...

I wouldn't mind her going yandere, then at least Tsukasa would know how she felt. Although I have a feeling Washio is soon going to figure out (if she already hasn't, and I suspect she might have) that Kotooka has feelings for Tsukasa. Hoo boy. That would be just more piled on to the problems Tsukasa might soon find herself having on top of Subaru and other boy.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Skimmed through chapter 20 (kind of in a hurry):

Washio and Asakura have a heart-to-heart talk. Washio asks Asakura how he'd feel if someone of the same gender liked him, and upon getting a positive response, she reveals her love for Kotooka to him as well. Washio confides a bit in him regarding their current situation, and they get into a discussion about how they view themselves (Washio thinks she is uncool and feels insecure as she thinks back to the fight with Kotooka in the previous chapter).

At this point, Asakura talks about how he used to dislike himself through elementary school (closed off from others and rude), until one day, he met Tsukasa at a summer festival. We see here this is why he likes her - because she inspired him to become a better version of himself. From there, he discovers the appeal of heroes and becomes more like them. He's more open with others and his friendliness attracts the attention of other people. In the end, he is happy with where he is now because he can finally say that he likes himself. Asakura reassures Washio that she is fine the way she is and doesn't need to change. Washio is then determined to make up with Kotooka, partially for Tsukasa's sake.

Tsukasa and Subaru die (not literally) of loneliness together on the couch. Tsukasa's friends quarreled in the last chapter, so all she can do is hope that they make up. Meanwhile, it seems that Subaru might've had an argument with Asakura several chapters back (I didn't read anything before 19, so I'm unsure) and he has a nightmare of Asakura giving him the cold shoulder. As he gets up, he wonders why he's thinking about him.

The chapter ends with Subaru posing as Tsukasa during her daily morning jogs (a routine she discontinued in one of the earlier translated chapters), so Asakura is shocked at her appearance. "Tsukasa" tells Asakura that Subaru has a message for him (or rather, "she" literally says "I've come here in the place of Subaru.")

last edited at Dec 15, 2016 1:45PM

Screenshot_2016-11-14-13-53-17(2)
joined Feb 7, 2014

Ooo well whatever I'm still loving kotooka no matter what, I get a like for character that are so fucked up these make the good taste in the drama.

Once again alone in the kotooka ship

last edited at Dec 15, 2016 2:59PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hey I love Kotooka too, I want her to be happy... Right now is almost like she doesn't have friends, she can't be honest struggling alone trying to force what she believes would be a happy ending.

Also spoilers will ruin the thread :(

last edited at Dec 15, 2016 3:17PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

@shidow - Not at all. I'm rooting for a Kotooka end as well.

@Serenata - I think as long as spoilers are appropriately tagged, it should be fine. :)

Img-thing
joined Jan 19, 2016

Whatever the end will be, i really hope Washio to be happy, from the beginning she is the best girl in my opinion, always sincere and thinking about her friends before herself.

joined Jun 30, 2015

I'm just rooting for Asakura, the pure-hearted little cinnamon roll. Also Subaru who is infinitely more interesting than his sister.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I'm just rooting for Asakura, the pure-hearted little cinnamon roll. Also Subaru who is infinitely more interesting than his sister.

Well, to be fair, they're both fairly interesting and also fairly mundane. Both have their good and bad points. Personally I like that Tsukasa is pretty okay with having a crush on a girl instead of fretting over it being a girl. That to me is fairly interesting in and of itself. She's also high spirited and rather unselfish which makes her quite fun. Plus she seems mad good at soccer.

Subaru might have the cross dressing thing, but he's otherwise very withdrawn and focused on his sister. His interactions with Asakura are good for him, but he appeared quite one dimensional for a long time. It's good to see him coming out of his shell more. He has to deal more with his personality whereas Tsukasa has to deal more with others and her feelings for them (or lack thereof).

it's late and I might have rambled off subject, but the point is, I think we identify things in characters that we like or don't like based off our own personalities. There are a wide variety of characters here with many different personalities, so it's okay to think one more interesting than the other. I just personally think they're all rich and vibrant with their quirks. Even kotooka's mom is a funny one.

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

im dropping this shit, it's boring af man

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

im dropping this shit, it's boring af man

kk, cya.

While we haven't really got much insight into Washio's character, she seems like a really good person. I like her.
It's somewhat funny how Tsukasa is pining after her while kinda having a harem (well, depending on how siscon Subaru is, I guess), even if she doesn't really know.

I've ordered the 4th volume from CDJapan, here's hoping it arrives before New Year's.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Still like Kotooka, don't think she was forcing het this chapter through. Wasn't she just chicken out about what she plan to reveal, by stalling it with the two boys' presence?

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Still like Kotooka, don't think she was forcing het this chapter through. Wasn't she just chicken out about what she plan to reveal, by stalling it with the two boys' presence?

She was probably going to say that she's dating the kid she talked about in chapter 11 or that she planned to do a mixer and invite both Tsukasa and Washio to it. I don't really think the boys' presence did something to her plan, she probably just saw an opportunity to move things faster.

And thats what my problem with her in this chapter is. She is just forcing Asakura and Tsukasa to spend time together and she's clearly trying to force them into a relationship when they both have stated to be ok with their current status.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hmmm I thought they were going directly into the storm this time, but tension just keep building up... Kotooka can't even keep her cool anymore, I really hope someone realizes that she likes Tsukasa before everyone start thinking that she's a slut.

Page 4 was cuuute with the twins!! Thanks for the new chapter X)!

last edited at Dec 20, 2016 11:11PM

9020bea3a3cd0354c95399402120ae64
joined May 19, 2016

It's kinda driving me nuts that their not saying anything to each other

And this is why I never read love triangles

Why do I torture myself like this ughh :(

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Delete Kotooka
DELETE HER

To reply you must either login or sign up.