Forum › Bisexual discussion

SilentLumination
joined Nov 27, 2016

So, what bisexual about? same as het or what?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Seriously, you don't know what bisexuality is? It's just being attracted to men and woman, so it's definitely not the same as het.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Seriously, you don't know what bisexuality is? It's just being attracted to men and woman, so it's definitely not the same as het.

On the paper it's definitely different, but we're in the yuri world so they're right to ask; when, in the yuri you're reading, MC's love interest turns out to be bi and leaves mc for a man it's no different than het ! Brrr, just imagining it makes me shiver. This fucking shitty yuribait is a good example, and not even tagged bisexual.
Sometimes, there are even both het and bisexual tags for one character in a manga, having in mind Netsuzou Crap and the brainless light-haired character. Well, same goes for the dark-haired one, so it definitely can be confusing.

last edited at Dec 13, 2016 5:26PM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

On the paper it's definitely different, but we're in the yuri world so they're right to ask; when, in the yuri you're reading, MC's love interest turns out to be bi and leave mc for a man it's no different than het ! Brrr, just imagining it makes me shiver. This fucking shitty yuribait is a good example, and not even tagged bisexual.
Sometimes, there are even both het and bisexual tags for one character in a manga, having in mind Netsuzou Crap and the brainless light-haired character. Well, same goes for the dark-haired one, so it definitely can be confusing.

I read that yuribait one, and boy does the ending sucks. But yeah, the bisexual tag in yuri is definitely similar to the het one in some cases, like the ones you mentioned. In some other cases though, like in this one, one of the characters starts by going out with a guy, but ends up with a girl. That one isn't tagged as bisexual either btw.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

*prepares the martini glasses*

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Girls/boys who are both straight and gay.

Surprised you didn't hear about them, they are quite infamous among some people.

But then again i too came to know about bi just two years ago.

In real life, most of people avoid bisexuals cuz of them able to fall for both girls and boys. And high chance of cheating.

In short, you have to keep on guard with them with both parties. No resting time.

last edited at Dec 13, 2016 4:49PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Bisexuals are people who are into both men and women.

Granted, there are a lot of terrible, dramatic, NOT feelsgood yuri manga with bisexual characters, but cus it's just such an easy source of angst and drama, an easy getaway to the cheating tag too =_=
OFC, NOT ALWAYS D;
BISEXUAL GIRLS AREN'T ALWAYS WRITTEN OUT TO LEAD TO HEARTBREAK AND DRAMA. HAVE SOME SWEET FUCKING SHIT
Ok this one is probs a little conflicting, cus depending on how you see it, you either have hope or feelsbadman

last edited at Dec 13, 2016 4:39PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think that, handled well, a bisexual character can make the yuri have even more impact since it's not that the girl is only going out with guys out of obligation and societal expectations while she holds out for her One True Love to figure out she likes girls too. Rather, it's someone who genuinely likes guys, who nevertheless chooses a girl over them because she loves that girl.

Not that we see that setup very often, and indeed there are bisexual stories that are really badly done, but they definitely can be done well and Faust gives some great examples.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

In regards to what gets tagged with it, it's a problematic tag to tag things with 2 different reasons.

1 is Spoilers. If a work has a upsetting end in which she cheats, or leaves her for a guy, etc, then that dramatic twist is removed by way of the tag. And with no spoiler tags, theres no real way to avoid this other than not tagging it. After all, these stories weren't originally printed with a warning at the start saying "Warning, she cheats at the end", so there's no real reason to warn people.

2 is the problem of it being a Yuri Manga. What exactly would you tag as bisexual in a yuri manga? There's a number of things in yuri manga that could be described as bisexual, but in the context of yuri isn't exactly that. Theres the "I usually date guys, but I love you regardless of gender", there's "I've dated a lot of guys, but we broke up after one week, and now I'm with you I realise why", even the dreaded "It's just a school girl phase". Would these be tagged? Or would only some of them? It's a difficult situation.

Surprised you didn't hear about them, they are quite infamous among some people.

In real life, most of people avoid bisexuals cuz of them able to fall for both girls and boys. And high chance of cheating.

In short, you have to keep on guard with them with both parties. No resting time.

FFS. Stop with this shit again Ulq.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Oh boy, I didn't see that edit of yours, I just burst out of laughing. You really like the taste of the stones thrown at you, don't you ?

last edited at Dec 13, 2016 6:15PM by Nezchan

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

UlquiorraSchiffer1 posted:

Girls/boys who are both straight and gay.

This cracks me up.

Ulq must be very young.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Whaaaaaaat?

I only said what is scientifically proved and research says.

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

Whaaaaaaat?

I only said what is scientifically proved and research says.

Blah, you had enough chances for now. 30 day ban it is.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

I just... Like...

last edited at Dec 13, 2016 5:55PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Wait, all the usual joking aside, I believe he was serious and he really trusted what he said. Instead of striking him with the banhammer, why didn't you-if not explain, link him something explaining how bisexuality works and what it is. I'm assuming he's rather young, hence his misknowledge. If he were trolling, he wouldn't have gone this far.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Utoptia

For like the thrid time, I've already done it and mentioned it several times.

If you have done so three times, then please stop spamming it in unrelated discussions.

But if you find it this meaningful, as a mod you still can move the concerned post to the most appropriated place.

A capital suggestion, thank you. I will commence with moving the off-topic, and apparently oft-repeated, material to the trash.

As to Utoptia, he's been given two one-day bans due to his posts on the subject of bisexuality, and warned that a third would earn him 30. The least he could do is put the term into Google.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Wait, all the usual joking aside, I believe he was serious and he really trusted what he said. Instead of striking him with the banhammer, why didn't you-if not explain, link him something explaining how bisexuality works and what it is. I'm assuming he's rather young, hence his misknowledge. If he were trolling, he wouldn't have gone this far.

There is a clear difference between innocent ignorance, and making a clearly offensive, narrow-minded statement.
His post didn't didn't just show a lack of understanding, but a hateful, misinformed, and descriminatory opinion.

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

There's no real need to at this point, he's been warned multiple times in the past over this and been banned for these same comments, he was well aware of what he was getting himself into. I even told him to quit it here and he didn't. And these haven't been the only posts of a highly questionable nature he's made since his last ban.

I don't know if the whole 30 day ban will last, I might cut it short. But he hasn't really shown any reason not to lately.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

OFC, NOT ALWAYS D;
BISEXUAL GIRLS AREN'T ALWAYS WRITTEN OUT TO LEAD TO HEARTBREAK AND DRAMA. HAVE SOME SWEET FUCKING SHIT
Ok this one is probs a little conflicting, cus depending on how you see it, you either have hope or feelsbadman

Thank you, Faust, for the single most useful post in this thread. :-)

joined Mar 18, 2016

As someone who identifies as bi, I just have to say that you guys are awesome. We do get a lot of hate and I even know a guy who just tells people he is gay cause he likes guys more anyways and bi's have a bad rep.

Just, thank you.

I must say tho...bi in Yuri manga is very unfortunate....so rarely ends well and it's a shame.

Img_20151017_114821
joined May 8, 2020

I have only just discovered there is a bi tag in the yuri realm. As a bi person, it breaks my heart that bisexuality is used a drama and tragedy device, as if we don't have enough of a bad rep out there. But regardless, it's interesting to see that bisexuality does have a place in yuri.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I have only just discovered there is a bi tag in the yuri realm. As a bi person, it breaks my heart that bisexuality is used a drama and tragedy device, as if we don't have enough of a bad rep out there. But regardless, it's interesting to see that bisexuality does have a place in yuri.

If a bi girl dates a girl that's yuri by default. Most stories just don't go out of their way to add this extra layer on it, because... well if you wanna tell a straightforward yuri story just making both of them gay is far easier. Casual bi integration is therefore kind of redundant and so it only appears where it causes some kind of drama.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I wish I hadn't read some of the comments in this thread.

last edited at May 8, 2020 11:39AM

I wish I hadn't read some of the comments in this thread.

I feel ya, some of the comments got me going like yikes.

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

There have been some really good Bisexual stories lately: I Don't Know Why, but I Suddenly Want to have Sex With the Coworker who sits Next to Me, Himegoto~The Adult Virgin and the Experienced High School Girl~/Renjoh, The Unattainable Flower & the Normal Girl, etc.

To reply you must either login or sign up.