Forum › Awkward Adults discussion

A85b3543-23b0-436a-a1a7-7ef9eb4e7778
joined Apr 30, 2016

I honestly don't under this doujin... Like I reread it 3-4 times but I still don't understand, can someone tell me that tf is going on?

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

I agree, it's kinda stilted. I like the art, the angst, the fluff. But the plot hints at half-a-dozen things that it doesn't really flesh out. It could've been twice as long for all the things it brought in but didn't tie up. Still, not bad.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Wat. They just skipped over the part where they resolve whatever angst they were having and moved on to when they're already a couple.

last edited at Dec 12, 2016 4:14AM

Akari
joined Apr 16, 2013

I really thought this was beautiful, but it's true that it felt like they skipped an important part.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

"I grab it by the testes", I present to you the future Prime Minister of Japan.

Koro-sensei-avatars.alphacoders.com
joined Feb 18, 2016

hi Where is all the drinking (which I looked forward to)? First shes sleeping like normal..

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I agree, it's kinda stilted. I like the art, the angst, the fluff. But the plot hints at half-a-dozen things that it doesn't really flesh out. It could've been twice as long for all the things it brought in but didn't tie up. Still, not bad.

Exactly

last edited at Dec 12, 2016 8:01AM

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Man, this was beautiful. I can't help but think that all of you folks who are confused by it just haven't had the experience of loving someone who feels like they don't deserve love or happiness for whatever reasons they may have.

Miyu cooked dinner for Kaede. Kaede loved it. Miyu had flashbacks to something in her past where she cooked for someone who hated it and rejected it and she had to feed it to the dog instead. Presumably someone she had strong feelings for since it left such a deep memory. It made Miyu feel loved.

And then Kaede told her she loved her, and they had sex. And Miyu is conflicted. Pages 13 and 14 are all about how Miyu feels worthless and unlovable. She doesn't believe it when Kaede says that she loves her. She doesn't think she deserves it, so obviously Kaede couldn't possibly mean it.

I'm a little unclear on when, exactly, Kaede gets drunk, but it's after that, and after Miyu talks to the other girl in the bar. And then Miyu goes over to Kaede's house some indefinite time later after Kaede has sobered up.

Which brings us to the present day.

Personally, I loved the story. My current partner is very much someone who feels broken and undeserving of love and happiness because she was molested and abused as a child, and we are constantly rubbing up against those issues. Whenever things are going too well between us and she starts to get too happy, something in her psyche kicks in and starts trying to push me away. So the story certainly resonates with me.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Man, this was beautiful. I can't help but think that all of you folks who are confused by it just haven't had the experience of loving someone who feels like they don't deserve love or happiness for whatever reasons they may have.

It's really less confused but more on feeling that they skipped some rather important scene. Your summary shows this too - I don't see the part where they actually talk about her feeling that she's unlovable and work all of that out; it just opted to skip the entire thing and show them as a couple. Not bad in any stretch of the imagination, it just made it feel incomplete. Unless the lack of such a scene means there wasn't one to begin with and that they just had this silent sort of understanding not to talk about it, which still makes it feel incomplete.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Well, a lot of it is that it isn't over. People who feel broken and unloveable aren't going to suddenly do a complete 180 forever from one conversation. It's an ongoing process that requires frequent reassurance and frequent validation.

Besides, Kaede has already said everything she can say to Miyu. "I'm going to keep telling you until you believe it." I have said those very words myself as recently as two days ago. You can't reason someone out of something they didn't reason themselves into in the first place, so there's really not much else TO say. You prove it by repeated support and love over time, not by any verbal exchange. So again it feels very natural to me based on my own personal experiences.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

That's not what I meant at all; I was most likely unclear. What I meant was the part where they show them becoming a couple; the situation I gave was a step towards that part. There was no need for a complete character change nor was there any need of a complete resolution to it all since that would be really unnatural because of the reasons you already pointed out. There's just that part where they show them actually becoming a couple that I feel like it's missing.

99d9b2dbc2494ead698e256216325ade
joined Oct 3, 2015

I think she was dreaming, from the last scene she's in bed so she is remembering her memories, therefore many things were skipped like in dreams?

Lkjhgf
joined May 9, 2016

It was actually very cute, i like it ~

A55
joined Feb 20, 2016

while i was a bit confused for a little while, after hearing a brief explanation makes it so much clearer! it's really heartwarming to see this kind of thing, especially since i know a lot of people (including myself) can resonate with both sides of the couple.

all in all, this was pretty cute!

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I don't think it was missing anything actually. The moment she said "I'll keep telling you I love you until you believe me" it was already a matter of time. A more official scene of them getting together would have been superfluous.

joined Feb 8, 2016

"I'm more serious than a student about to take an exam" - Page 22

Yep definitely more serious than me right now lol

last edited at Dec 13, 2016 2:44AM

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I don't think it was missing anything actually. The moment she said "I'll keep telling you I love you until you believe me" it was already a matter of time. A more official scene of them getting together would have been superfluous.

Yep, to each their own. That line didn't spell a surefire way of them becoming a couple for me, plus it's not so much as them becoming a couple as to how it all went down when they confronted each other and as a result decided to be a couple.

last edited at Dec 13, 2016 4:02AM

SilentLumination
joined Nov 27, 2016

I've got angsty teen XD not a bad one, but it's kinda missing something?

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

"I'm more serious than a student about to take an exam" - Page 22

Yep definitely more serious than me right now lol

We are bouth xD

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

When I was reading the first few comments on top about being confused the whole time I was like "I never really felt confused," but luckly there were people that also understood this and agreed. It's kinda like mostly people that have gone through this type of situation can relate and I can surely say my partner feels the exact same way as Miyu. I have to be constantly reassuring her that she is loved even when her family treats her wrong and makes her feel unloved. So in the sense I'm kinda like Kaede in the story, but without the whole crying and getting drunk.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I honestly prefer KaeMizu and RumiMiyu (the latter which needs more love), but this doujin was nice.

last edited at Sep 10, 2018 12:02AM

934c158f-6d10-4800-a176-151cb1c96d1b
joined Dec 23, 2019

A nice doujin, I really like this artist but does this really count as angst

To reply you must either login or sign up.