Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Yes, and i believe we recall that the ending and title of the play is still undecided. So it means either the ending will be the same with the way Touko choose to live her life or she makes the ending as her reference.
I think the ending of the play arc will be the closure for the issue Touko shoulder all this time.
...the most possible ending of the play is that the main character actually doesn't choose from the 3 option and instead making a new option that only belongs to her. Maybe.

If the title of the play is Yagate Kimi ni Naru, it will seriously angst me, it gives me the feeling that the series is coming to an end soon. I hope this arc (is this the play arc? I wonder if we'll see the play in this volume) isn't the last arc
Also reminds me how brilliant the title will probably be when we fully realise what it's suppose to mean. As of now, it's still pretty enigmatic. We see ways it links to characters and plot point, but i don't think we can say for sure yet.

Oh geez, I can totally see the title being that. In the most literal sense, it translates to "Eventually, I will become you" (not "yours" like the original translation of the title was), which heavily reflects Touko's desire to become her sister. Whether she wants to actually become her sister (i.e. she abandons the identity of "Nanami Touko" entirely) or just be like her (i.e. bears the same personality traits as her sister) still remains a mystery.

Tumblr_oacx7rl55f1tltatqo1_500
joined May 19, 2016

I know there's a lot that needs to be resolved, I just hope that, along with the completion of the play, that not everything is rushed through as well. That, the play won't be the climax of the plot. Perhaps this arc is pre-play, we don't know, I think that it's hard to have real expectations for this series, I'm just bewildered by everything that happens, it's all sort of... new? The setting is pretty unusual, I find the characters, the pacing, unpredictable, I don't know what to expect, what could happen, because it could really go anywhere, can't it?
So, there's the play, Touko's issues, Yuu's feelings, how Touko and Yuu's relationship would evolved after Touko becomes aware of those feelings (if she doesn't accept them/there's conflict, Yuu is gonna have to face that too), Sayaka's love life, Maki's role.
I included Maki too cus like, well, he was probably meant to do more, I don't think his part in the story is limited to just their conversation at ch16(?). His advantage is pretty much that he's the only one aware that whatver ambiguous relationship between Yuu and Touko is going on, so he could actually be someone that Yuu can confide in (+he's in a neutral position). Yuu's pretty deep into all of this, her perception of Nanami and herself, what's going on, is becoming pretty biased and inaccurate. I think that the chapter where she incorrectly assume how Nanami felt (chapter 10? about Nanami's motivations) was a good indicator of that, that what she thinks she knows isn't always accurate, that she overestimates herself.

Hit the nail right in the head with your post. This series doesn't have a clear path as to where the story would end yet and thats the beauty of YagaKimi, it doesn't feel like your average yuri story where you know everyone would get a happy ending and nothing bad would happen to anyone. I mean, for all we know, Touko could end up never changing and marrying a man she doesn't love due to what she thinks people are expecting from her.

Anyways, i hope we get to see more of this characters for a long time and that this doesn't end in heartbreak. Thats all i'm ask for.

i've read some of nakatani's works, it seems like she loves to have open-end route rather than, let's say happy ending or sad ending route. Like she loves to be in grey area than in black or white area. I'm considering we would get that kind of ending, And seeing all of her other works, she's not the type to stick to one ship so there's a possibility we don't get 'happy' ending for the main pairing but idk, this is official series and not indie so.. yeah there's huge difference

Image_1_small
joined Dec 2, 2016

i've read some of nakatani's works, it seems like she loves to have open-end route rather than, let's say happy ending or sad ending route. Like she loves to be in grey area than in black or white area. I'm considering we would get that kind of ending, And seeing all of her other works, she's not the type to stick to one ship so there's a possibility we don't get 'happy' ending for the main pairing but idk, this is official series and not indie so.. yeah there's huge difference

I read some of her doujins after starting Bloom Into You and I agree. She deviates from cliches, and her endings tend to leave a lot to the imagination on how the story will proceed.

It's refreshing to find someone whose stories don't go the way you expect. Like in chapter 10 - I was fully expecting Touko to show some kind of sign that she might reconsider becoming her sister after hearing Yuu's plea, but how firm she was in her decision surprised me. Not your typical yuri romance.

Still hoping for a happy end though.

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016

ch.2 p.27 I thought she was gonna get hit by the train.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

ch.2 p.27 I thought she was gonna get hit by the train.

Isn't it nice that she kissed her instead?
Isn't it nice when girls kiss rather than getting hit by trains

joined Oct 5, 2016

I for one appreciate Bloom Into You's strong anti-girls-getting-hit-by-trains stance

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

I for one appreciate Bloom Into You's strong anti-girls-getting-hit-by-trains stance

But Touko's sister was japanese trucked :P

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Somehow, seeing Aoba's face in your avatar makes this comment 10x better.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Hey the trucking industry employees a lot of people.

How would you like to tell those drivers' families that daddy doesn't have a job anymore just because he's been running over Japanese schoolgirls?

A_channel_wallpaper_11-t2
joined Mar 1, 2014

Definitely one of the best Yuri mangas out there.

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

http://boards.4chan.org/u/thread/2214688#bottom
Check out those links... All the extras are worth reading imo :D

joined Sep 21, 2014

For those who haven't seen the PV Nakatani refers to in the V2 postscript

last edited at Dec 17, 2016 10:26PM

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Their voices are perfect. I went out of my way and ordered all available volumes, which I had never done with any series before. I adore Nakatani Nio beyond words, and I think she deserves an anime adaptation of this no matter what.

last edited at Dec 19, 2016 7:58PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Their voices are perfect. I went out of my way and ordered all available volumes, which I had never done with any series before. I adore Nakatani Nio beyond words, and I think she deserves an anime adaptation of this no matter what.

Nice
First English volume is being released on Jan 3rd btw.
Wow. I hate the font they chose for the title.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Nice

yeah that is some ugly font

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^^ Agreed, the typeface is ugly as hell. It does not represent the simplistic feeling that the original Japanese cover & artwork try to communicate, nor does it even fit with the nature of the story at all. This will probably look even worse on the 2nd and 3rd vol covers.

Way to ruin great manga covers... (will still be buying them tho)

last edited at Dec 19, 2016 9:23PM

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Nice

Just as I say this, Amazon starts violently kicking me in the cunt and telling me to retry sending the payment (after they said everything was confirmed, hours earlier), Jesus Christ I hope they don't decline it. I ordered, paid and received the first volume at home just fine after all.

Also, holy shit. That is one ugly title font indeed. I don't mind learning my Kanji and being a good girl by sticking to the main source.

last edited at Dec 19, 2016 9:18PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

^^ Agreed, the typeface is ugly as hell. It does not represent the simplistic feeling that the original Japanese cover & artwork try to communicate, nor does it even fit with the nature of the story at all. This will probably look even worse on the 2nd and 3rd vol covers.

Way to ruin great manga covers... (will still be buying them tho)

Ikr, it really puts me off. The jap font looks way better. I can't explain it, but it fits it well, it was like, simplistic and elegant.
I'm totally still buying them but rip that cover.
I wonder if I feel this way cus I'm used to seeing the jap ones. Or if the eng font is just drastically different and conveys the wrong mood
Eh, I'll probably get over it.

last edited at Dec 19, 2016 10:09PM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Upon feedback, I've replaced chapters 1-5 by ihosiku with 4s's redone versions, due to a number of errors in them that made later chapters and their development confusing and inconsistent.

Also, is there anyone with raws or just knowledge of them that can help order the series into Volumes?

joined Sep 21, 2014

Upon feedback, I've replaced chapters 1-5 by ihosiku with 4s's redone versions, due to a number of errors in them that made later chapters and their development confusing and inconsistent.

Also, is there anyone with raws or just knowledge of them that can help order the series into Volumes?

V1: 1-5
V2: 6-10
V3: 10-16 (has 6 chapters rather than the usual 5 the previous two had)
Chapter 17 is the first chapter of the next volume.

The "Chapter 5.5: Extra" is the omake of volume 1. The "Volume 1 Extras" is the postscript.
The "Toranoana Extra" was probs released with Volume 1.
"Volume 2 Extras" contains some tank stuff + postscript of vol2
Hm. "Volume 3 Extras" isn't just extras tho, if you look at the numbering of the pages. It contains the interlude that is like, in the middle of v3, then the postscript, and then the extras, should probs be separated? (Since the interlude isn't meant to be read at the end of the volume, unlike the postscript and extras)
If I understand correctly, it should be like this.
https://snag.gy/5jJ1dn.jpg

Edit: oh and some of the new/replaced chapters still have the weird "._". It occurs for the Vol 1 and 2 extras
Edit 2: YAY, THANKS. IT'S GREAT NOW.

last edited at Dec 20, 2016 3:09AM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Groan, fuck MACOSX. Anyway, fixed, thanks.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to reorganise it :)

I don't know the difference between all the pages, but for those who'd be interested/aren't aware, these are the main 2 errors that were pointed out in the first translation.
iHoshiku vs 4s (the errors vs the corrected translations).
Chapter 3 page 107
Chapter 5 page 173

First one now corresponds with what was later revealed of Nanami's character, and the second one is basically foreshadowing Yuu's later/current struggles, so at least it makes sense now.

last edited at Dec 20, 2016 4:17AM

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

You are doing god's work. Thank you for your efforts.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Well, I went ahead and made something simpler for the cover to see how it would look (wish I didn't need to use effects though, but the other vol covers wouldn't be readable without them)

Edit: Good to know that the correct translations are up!

last edited at Dec 20, 2016 4:15AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

The right one is indeed more readable. Maybe the glow effect should be reduced a bit though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.