Forum › Rock it, GIRL!! discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Lol wow it's back.

Also I really hate the MC, like God damn I hate useless and wimpy people. Grow up plzzzzzz

I'm that sort of person and I need to tell you it's not so easy to overcome it.

^^^ agreed it's like telling a depressed person to just be happy-- they honestly can't without support and time

Support: Yes, of course
Time: Hmmm perhaps
Speaking from experience, and just like we saw in the chapter... Time can make things worse in some cases, even knowing that people are asking for you, if you drag it for too long it becomes awkward and more bad feelings start to fill you up "They'll be better without me" is one of the most influent or thinking "What am I going to tell them now?" and that makes you scared... But is okay because you're not facing them, you're just guessing what will happen and then choosing safely the best safe outcome.

So even if the band is kind enough and let the door open, and even if the MC walks in alone, what does stop her from scaping again? she believes that's her decision and the band can move on without her... So I wish the singer can barge in, scream in her face words of encoragement, love, anger or truth it doesn't matter as long as she can attach her to the band, by a sense of duty, obligation or love; anything can work but she needs to be literally kick back into the band, physically dragged back into conminment so the idea of "we need you" can stay forged into her mind and her conciousness won't let her just walk off the band whenever she feels down. Is not about yuri anymore.

Reading this episode was like "Dear God, okay universe, I get it!!!! you don't have to meddle inside my yuri to send the message"

PS:

Also I really hate the MC, like God damn I hate useless and wimpy people. Grow up plzzzzzz

Is not about age

last edited at Dec 5, 2015 8:55AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nya-chan

Lol wow it's back.

As if it was that easy. Someone yells some vague truths or cliches at her and bam, she gets back on her feet?

Depression doesn't work like that.

Everyone is downright abusive toward the MC, treating her like dirt, ridiculing her at every turn and expecting her to magically get her shit back together, because there're things she has to do for their sake. They are all assholes. She has a fucking inferiority complex, thinking she's not needed and has not talent. These people keep on hammering on it, expecting she will fight back. Or not. Bullying at its finest.

IRL, she'd probably have swallowed a bunch of meds and would be in the hospital at best.

Or would have turned psycho-killer and gone on a rampage.

My thoughts exactly.

joined Sep 4, 2014

Lol wow it's back.

I'm that sort of person and I need to tell you it's not so easy to overcome it.

^^^ agreed it's like telling a depressed person to just be happy-- they honestly can't without support and time

Support: Yes, of course
Time: Hmmm perhaps
Speaking from experience, and just like we saw in the chapter... Time can make things worse in some cases, even knowing that people are asking for you, if you drag it for too long it becomes awkward and more bad feelings start to fill you up "They'll be better without me" is one of the most influent or thinking "What am I going to tell them now?" and that makes you scared... But is okay because you're not facing them, you're just guessing what will happen and then choosing safely the best safe outcome.

So even if the band is kind enough and let the door open, and even if the MC walks in alone, what does stop her from scaping again? she believes that's her decision and the band can move on without her... So I wish the singer can barge in, scream in her face words of encoragement, love, anger or truth it doesn't matter as long as she can attach her to the band, by a sense of duty, obligation or love; anything can work but she needs to be literally kick back into the band, physically dragged back into conminment so the idea of "we need you" can stay forged into her mind and her conciousness won't let her just walk off the band whenever she feels down. Is not about yuri anymore.

Reading this episode was like "Dear God, okay universe, I get it!!!! you don't have to meddle inside my yuri to send the message"

^^^ yesss that's actually a very good point
the next chapter is actually going to do exactly that!

joined Dec 1, 2010

ugh if I was the MC I wouldn't go back either. I think I get why the other people are acting the way they are, but right now they just seem like jerks.

Img_283753346996831
joined Jan 12, 2014

I just.. hope they won't take another one year to update.

Capture
joined Mar 9, 2013

AH! I'm so glad this updated.
I can't wait to see the development, I think the next chapter is going to have a lot of angry, truth-y feels happening between Seira and MC... I'm excited.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Honestly, I think the MC might need some inpatient treatment at a hospital with a mood disorder ward. At the very least she needs to find a good therapist and get out of this situation, since her entire world is filled with toxic and abusive people. I dunno, I just had a little holiday crisis in the family, so I'm probably not the most objective person about depression right now.

Those spoiler bars are certainly tempting, but I'll pass for now. I'll just wait for our next annual release (I kid because I love you, lililicious). But for serious, see you in a year.

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Yeah, I gotta agree that the MC comes off as seriously depressed due to a number of reasons, and having what appears to be an extended panic attack. She's certainly scared of something here. I think if we're being reasonable what she needs is someone to show they understand to some degree, and let her reveal just what the problem is.

In a perfect world, the lead singer will go all full of anger and ready to literally kick her ass, but be brought up short when she actually sees her face to face. I suspect that she's got something similar to what the MC is going thorough in her background and she kinda resents being reminded of it, but that's only a suspicion.

Of course what'll more likely happen is the lead singer will scream in the MC's face until she realizes what made her want to play music to start with or some similar BS.

That... would be ideal, yes.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

This story isn't even that long, 11 or 12 chapters maybe? Theoretically it seems like it'd be easy to get finished.

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

I love MC soooo much, the story is just so relatable for me, so full of real life so far. If in the next chapter that agressive slut is going to say some bullshit like blah change yourself blah blah it's so easy be cool like me blah, and I'm 99% sure it will be like that, and the MC WILL change, this series is dead for me.

The question is not about changing, dressing, sense of style. It is about accepting youself, about getting confidence the way you are. And to change style for that, to give up on the things you like, replacing them with imposed things, convincing yourself that it's your wish, that is sad and painful escape from the real problem.

For me, I came through this path comletely alone. When I remember this period of my life, I think, no one had been able to help me, and especially not some selfish blonde bitch. I understand that everyone is different, but really, it's just not logical.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

This is a lot of fun even if like the main character I find it overwhelming. And oof, that line about borrowing talent. Damn.

Rize_by_kr0npr1nz-d88nnll
joined Oct 27, 2015

I finished this a while ago, had a hard time looking for the raws. I have no idea what happened at the end cuz I don't know japanese but it looked really good and imo this got one of the best plots in yuri manga, but it's kinda underrated.

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

So does this manga only update on yearly intervals or what?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Commandershepard13 posted:

Translators has their own lives and nobody pays them for doing scanlations. Next time you want to say/ask thing like that, don't.

Commandershepard13
joined Mar 24, 2014

Translators has their own lives and nobody pays them for doing scanlations. Next time you want to say/ask thing like that, don't.

I know that, I was merely asking if there was some sort to schedule I wasn't aware of, since this manga legitimately seems to update once a year.
I wasn't trying to be rude and you have no reason to be so offended by an honest question.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I know that, I was merely asking if there was some sort to schedule I wasn't aware of, since this manga legitimately seems to update once a year.
I wasn't trying to be rude and you have no reason to be so offended by an honest question.

It wasn't just an "honest question" tho. Idk how to explain it, but the way you phrased it, your tone was sarcastic, kinda passive aggressive, indirectly badgering the scanlators. It's pretty annoying to read something like that.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

1. It wasn't a honest question. "or what?" just screams "I don't like the way things are right now and I demand change". 2, I saw way too many times the way you responded/commented to other people to know you are a asshole and there was no way it was "honest question" but rather typical complain that scanlators take way too much more time to translate stuff than you like.

last edited at Apr 12, 2016 4:01PM

Commandershepard13
joined Mar 24, 2014

1. It wasn't a honest question. "or what?" just screams "I don't like the way things are right now and I demand change". 2, I saw way too many times the way you responded/commented to other people to know you are a asshole and there was no way it was "honest question" but rather typical complain that scanlators take way too much more time to transl.

1) I don't think you understand what "or what" means. "Or what?" means "or is it not" as in "Does this manga update on yearly intervals or does it not?".
In other words, an honest if somewhat curt question.

2) While I wholeheartedly admit I'm not the most pleasant of people, I would also like to point out that I'm not the one getting mad at people for asking legitimate questions. Getting mad for seemingly no reason, no less.

last edited at May 19, 2016 11:01PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

2) While I wholeheartedly admit I'm not the most pleasant of people, I would also like to point out that I'm not the one getting mad at people for asking legitimate questions. Getting mad for seemingly no reason, no less.

5. This isn’t the place for stuff like “WHERE IS THE NEXT RELEASE”. Any similar badgering/demands will be removed if they get obnoxious. Badgering the scanlators is poor form.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just stepping in to ask people to drop the whole tone of voice thing, it's not really getting us anywhere.

As to the question that started this, as Nevri rightly points out this isn't the place for that. Perhaps Commandershephard13 might find it more useful to ask the scanlators directly if they're genuinely interested in an answer.

1964895_1374726869473620_1736473935_n
joined Oct 9, 2014

the lead singer reminds me of lisa from blackpink~

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

/cheers for the MC

I honestly hope for more dere than tsun from the lead singer.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This showed up as featured series today... It hurts

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

Aaaaaaand I've now read through this once again for the umpteenth time since I first found it. Seriously though, I hate the kind of "tough love"-philosophy that's so prevalent in a lot of manga with severely depressed main characters, but I can't stop myself from reading them because they're so relatable. Here's hoping for a little less aggressive forms of "support" in future chapters D:

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

This showed up as featured series today... It hurts

XD Hahaha
Yes, yes if does!

To reply you must either login or sign up.