Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't remember how much comedy Sasameki Koto has, but I feel like a lot of plot driven but high school focused anime have some comedy in it. By "comedy", I'll take you mean something like Inugami to Nekoyama

The anime for SK went pretty heavy on the comedy, save for the first episode.

Hm, my bad then. I never watched it, just mainly remember the heavier feelings from the manga

One reason I was disappointed in the anime. Not only didn't I get all those good bits, but they just left a lot of stuff hanging. Presumably they expected to be able to continue with a second season that never came.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I don't remember how much comedy Sasameki Koto has, but I feel like a lot of plot driven but high school focused anime have some comedy in it. By "comedy", I'll take you mean something like Inugami to Nekoyama

The anime for SK went pretty heavy on the comedy, save for the first episode.

Hm, my bad then. I never watched it, just mainly remember the heavier feelings from the manga

One reason I was disappointed in the anime. Not only didn't I get all those good bits, but they just left a lot of stuff hanging. Presumably they expected to be able to continue with a second season that never came.

Yes, I've heard, hence my reluctance in watching it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'll be honest, it's not really worth it. It doesn't get anywhere near actual yuri, other than the first episode. Just Sumika mooning and acting like a fool as a result.

Tumblr_oacx7rl55f1tltatqo1_500
joined May 19, 2016

Check out @yagakimi's Tweet: https://twitter.com/yagakimi/status/802344226440650752?s=09

My adorable cinnamon roll and her sister is in the last photo

joined Sep 21, 2014

Check out @yagakimi's Tweet: https://twitter.com/yagakimi/status/802344226440650752?s=09

... :/
Hm, the latest ep of an ongoing anime and this, is making me a bit more self conscious of the role of older siblings, how younger siblings would perceive them.
But wow, yes, the beginning of a new volume, a new arc. Shit's gonna get tackled.

Oh shit the whole cover is beautiful, can't see the sky from just the front cover

last edited at Nov 27, 2016 7:34PM

joined May 19, 2016

... :/
Hm, the latest ep of an ongoing anime and this, is making me a bit more self conscious of the role of older siblings, how younger siblings would perceive them.
But wow, yes, the beginning of a new volume, a new arc. Shit's gonna get tackled.

Oh shit the cover is beautiful

Do you mean Hibike?
Frankly speaking If I take it personally, it is true that your sister's action can give such a big impact to yourself.
Her success can be an inspiration for you, and in Touko's case, her sister's failure (yes, because she died before accomplishing something) give a push for her not to do the same thing. (This, too, i can relate personally)
The competitiveness in sisterhood is so subtle and sometimes looks so adorable. Well it's not. As a younger sister you'll be determined to do better than your sister. Which, sometimes becomes an unnecessary burden to you. I could see this happening to Touko tbh

joined May 19, 2016

By the way, i am so curious about this other work of Nakatani:
Check out @yagakimi's Tweet: https://twitter.com/yagakimi/status/802345554667716608?s=09
Is there any description of this work out there?

last edited at Nov 26, 2016 12:52AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

And yeah, Hibike, but idk, just in case, cus, plot point/development.
And tbh, I was trying not to think about the deeper parts, because when you're the older one, you're either brought up (in conversations) as your sibling's goals/expectations of them, or you are basically what not to do, that they need to do better. I was just thinking of the scenes where Kumiko's eyes light up from her admiration of her sister, and it makes me feel like I should have been nicer. On the younger sister aspect, I can't relate to Touko. It all honestly feels like a drag, to have to represent something.

She did the cover art, might have contributed to something else in there too. It's a collection of works or something, but multiple artists, iirc (iirc, cus maybe I'm thinking about something else)

last edited at Nov 27, 2016 7:33PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Faust posted:

When was the last time a non-comedy, non-ecchi yuri was animated?

Oh shit. I don't know. At least, the last one I remember with plot/story line was Yurikuma, tho arguably it had its ecchi moments. If you choose to dismiss Akuma no Riddle, then I think it'd be... maybe Sasameki Koto from Fall 2009 lol... (from browsing the "shoujo ai" tag on myanimelist, cus most anime get swept up under that tag tbh)

Yeah, I was thinking about Sasameki Koto too and there was a lot a comedy, even though the manga had some serious moments. And it didn't sell, so they never made a second season.

Ie, I have very little hope that Yagate Kimi ni Naru will ever get an anime, whatever its success as a manga. Not enough nudity.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

She did the cover art, might have contributed to something else in there too. It's a collection of works or something, but multiple artists, iirc (iirc, cus maybe I'm thinking about something else)

Eclair is a yuri anthology that goes on sale today. It's currently a one-time thing, but if it sells well, we might see more. This seems to be ASCII Media Works (publisher for Dengeki Daioh, where Bloom Into You is currently being serialized) testing the water to see if there's any worth in dabbing into the yuri market.

This month's Dengeki Daioh (out today) also features a Bloom Into You cover, a colored center page, and a clearfile extra to celebrate the release of volume three and the start of volume four.

If you have money to spare, consider buying these. I'm too lazy to find the artist list for Eclair so maybe later.

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

found some raws here http://m.weibo.cn/u/1682805691

joined May 19, 2016

I sense something depressing from this chapter

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

I sense something depressing from this chapter

im gonna guess the sister committed suicide due to the pressure placed on her by the people around her and touko probably wants to surpass her sister and now touko want to achive the rinnegan to revive her sister

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

It seems that Touko is afraid that Yuu might start to hate her if she "goes too far" with her again, so it seems that she would put some distance between them to avoid that.

joined May 19, 2016

The Chinese raw of chapter 17 is here:
http://www.dm5.com/m429726/

Thanks to the fanspage here: https://www.facebook.com/yagakimi/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

Edit: I don't understand chinese, but I do sense something depressing from this chapter...

last edited at Nov 30, 2016 6:32AM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Chapter 17 courtesy of 4S

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3c820higdyfehdc/%5B4s%5D_Yagate_Kimi_ni_Naru_-_17.zip

Damn, so thats why Touko is trying so hard to become her sister. She feels that she's responsible for her accident

joined May 19, 2016

The one thing that i really like about this series is the story-building and development. It always starts slowly and gives a really subtle and vague foreshadowing of what may come next. It rarely rush things, it has a nice pace. The end of the chapter is a bit different than most of the yuri manga that i read. It doesn't end with any huge scene but you end up wanting more. So nice.
also, Touko is aware that she's empty and wanting to be her sister. It's so nice to see this. Because usually, in a manga the other protagonist will be the one who make the 'empty' character realize that they're not doing what they want. But here, Touko is aware about it, and Touko herself has the intention and desire to be someone else. I am looking forward with what Yuu will do in responds to that.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

This chapter was pretty harsh… And Koyomi might be a psychic.

When was the last time a non-comedy, non-ecchi yuri was animated?

Izetta the Last Witch? >.> Although there are a few slightly ecchi gags I guess…

I'll repost what I posted in the AnoKiss thread. It's the cover of "Eclair - Anata ni Hibiku Yuri Anthology", published by Dengeki Daioh.

天乃咲哉 『箱庭のアリス』Amano Shōsai - Hakoniwa no Alice
天野しゅにんた 『人間的なエモーション』Amano Shuninta - Ningen-teki na emotion
伊咲ウタ 『かみゆい』Isaki Uta - Kamiyui
伊藤ハチ 『うさぎのベルとオオカミさん』Itō Hachi - Usagi no Beru to Ookami-san
カボちゃ 『2年と11か月』Kabocha - 2 years and 11 months
川浪いずみ 『私のかわいいクソ女』Kawanami Izumi - Watashi no Kawaii Kuso Onna
缶乃 『無職とJK』Canno - Mushoku to JK
北尾タキ 『二人で林檎を』Kitao Taki - Futari de Ringo wo
タカダフミ子 『キミのジンクス』Takada Fumiko - Kimi no Jinx
唯野影吉 『GAME OVER』Tadano Kageyoshi - Game Over
仲谷 鳰 『幸せは傷のかたち』Nakatani Nio - Shiawase wa Kizu no Katachi
にしお栞 『クリーンルームの涙』Nishio Shiori - Clean Room no Namida
ハルミチヒロ 『intro.』Harumi Chihiro - intro.
平尾アウリ 『私のアイドル』Hirao Auri - Watashi no Idol
めきめき 『1/365のご主人様』Mekimeki - 1/365 no Goshujin-sama
結川カズノ 『雑草譚』Musugawa Kazuno - Zassōtan

(I might have gotten some of the names wrong…)

last edited at Dec 1, 2016 12:31PM

joined May 19, 2016

I'll repost what I posted in the AnoKiss thread. It's the cover "Eclair - Anata ni Hibiku Yuri Anthology", published by Dengeki Daioh.

天乃咲哉 『箱庭のアリス』Amano Shōsai - Hakoniwa no Alice
天野しゅにんた 『人間的なエモーション』Amano Shuninta - Ningen-teki na emotion
伊咲ウタ 『かみゆい』Isaki Uta - Kamiyui
伊藤ハチ 『うさぎのベルとオオカミさん』Itō Hachi - Usagi no Beru to Ookami-san
カボちゃ 『2年と11か月』Kabocha - 2 years and 11 months
川浪いずみ 『私のかわいいクソ女』Kawanami Izumi - Watashi no Kawaii Kuso Onna
缶乃 『無職とJK』Canno - Mushoku to JK
北尾タキ 『二人で林檎を』Kitao Taki - Futari de Ringo wo
タカダフミ子 『キミのジンクス』Takada Fumiko - Kimi no Jinx
唯野影吉 『GAME OVER』Tadano Kageyoshi - Game Over
仲谷 鳰 『幸せは傷のかたち』Nakatani Nio - Shiawase wa Kizu no Katachi
にしお栞 『クリーンルームの涙』Nishio Shiori - Clean Room no Namida
ハルミチヒロ 『intro.』Harumi Chihiro - intro.
平尾アウリ 『私のアイドル』Hirao Auri - Watashi no Idol
めきめき 『1/365のご主人様』Mekimeki - 1/365 no Goshujin-sama
結川カズノ 『雑草譚』Musugawa Kazuno - Zassōtan

(I might have gotten some of the names wrong…)

With the list of the starter looks like they're pretty serious for the trial

joined Jun 12, 2015

Haaa, nice chapter. And another meaning of the title confirmed.

joined Feb 18, 2015

So... That chapter is suggesting her sister lost at Rock, Paper, Scissors and had to run out to the store for mom and THAT is when she died? Not that it is in any way Touko's responsibility, but I can see how it would be a weight on her...

Meanwhile, I get the feeling that Touko is misreading the real reason that Yuu pulled away from her during this chapter. I don't think it is because she was uncomfortable with what Touko did and wants to put distance between them. On the contrary... I think Yuu had an uncomfortable amount of heart palpitations and got a bit too hot and bothered by her most recent make-out session with Touko, and is starting to get a little hot under the collar when they get close to each other, which she still is not recognizing as her demonstrating sexual and perhaps romantic attraction to her gorgeous sempai... poor girl.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

So... That chapter is suggesting her sister lost at Rock, Paper, Scissors and had to run out to the store for mom and THAT is when she died? Not that it is in any way Touko's responsibility, but I can see how it would be a weight on her...

Meanwhile, I get the feeling that Touko is misreading the real reason that Yuu pulled away from her during this chapter. I don't think it is because she was uncomfortable with what Touko did and wants to put distance between them. On the contrary... I think Yuu had an uncomfortable amount of heart palpitations and got a bit too hot and bothered by her most recent make-out session with Touko, and is starting to get a little hot under the collar when they get close to each other, which she still is not recognizing as her demonstrating sexual and perhaps romantic attraction to her gorgeous sempai... poor girl.

I completely agree. a lot of the problems from here on out are gonna stem from a lack of communication. woo

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I completely agree. a lot of the problems from here on out are gonna stem from a lack of communication. woo

Ahhh the good ol' misunderstandings, was waiting for them to play their part.

Seriously though I've never felt so bad for the broken corner of a love triangle? Like fucking Sayaka poor her they better introduce a character she can end up with...

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I'm really hoping to see Sayaka playing the lover in the play and Yuu the friend. That could be an interesting dynamic.

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

"it sure is warm today, huh?" more like, it sure is gay today yes?

To reply you must either login or sign up.