Forum › Anime season

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kyonne posted:

I'm happy with the release of Leleuch!!! but why the fucking movies... omg Japan, stop making your anime into movies, your movies into animes and then release ovas that will later be anime.

Movie means higher budget, more time, and better animation.

Well it'll be copilation for the most part, i'm sure the new scenes will be just new angles on C.C's ass

Suddenly, the idea of movies doesn't sound so bad

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Kyonne posted:

JIBUN WOOOO

・ゼロレクイエムの数年後
・TVシリーズかどうかはまだわからない
・主人公はルルーシュ。つまり死んでない
・監督「シンプルに続編です」
・劇場版 総集編 コードギアス反逆のルルーシュも決定!3本映画構成で2017年1月公開

Set several years after Zero Requiem
Not confirmed whether it's a TV series or a movie
MC is Lelouch which means he's not dead
Director: "It's a sequel"
3 summary movies to be released January 2017 with new scenes

I for one am not happy with this. Lelouch not dying ruins the entire ending for me. Also it goes against the clever book ending and foreshadowing the first episode made (idk if you can say it, since they changed script for season 2, but still it fit perfectly).

This, basically. I know a lot of people were in the "he became immortal, or something" camp, preferring to think he somehow survived, but for me, personally, the impact of the finale was in the fact he actually died. Bonus points for him becoming a death seeker, of a sort, after the whole Euphy and Shirley fiasco, so the final plan was basically him arranging his own demise, and still getting what he wants. It was made even more poignant by the fact Suzaku was tasked with carrying on, compounded with the whole "Live!" thing, considering he was a death seeker even before the events of the anime.

So a spin-off, like "Akito", or something of the sort, I would welcome. This, though... I just hope it will be reasonably good, but the cheapening of the Zero Requiem is basically unavoidable.

last edited at Nov 27, 2016 1:35PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

MAGICAL GIRLS RAISING IS SUCH A MEAN SHOW
(╯。•́︿•̀。)╯︵ ┻━┻︵┬─┬︵ ┻━┻
fuck their lives
Hylarn, last time, we discussed that Ripple seems to have been promoted as a main character and partner for Koyuki. I thought it was cool, yet worried about it because that indirectly implies that Top Speed fucking dies After watching ep9, yep.
Most anticlimatic death scene, they really didn't do it well imo. Calamity Mary's too, a one-hit KO with the shuriken seemed kinda... I didn't realise the shurikens were that OP.
Since they have to be down to 4 magical girls now, I'm honestly hoping for Koyuki, Ripple, Hardgore Alice and Tama.
I liked Swim Swim, but it's hard to now because legit everything she's done since Nemurin accidentally gave her ambition, is kill people. Aiming for the strongest, from Ruler's advice. The problem however, is also that legit everyone she's killed (since Ruler) mattered to someone else, so it's pretty painful to watch and support her. It's not personal, when she kills, but it's pretty ruthless. :( I think she's gonna die in the next ep. She's low key Icarus, aimed too high, she's gonna crash and burn. I do respect that she was more successful than Ruler at being a leader, however.
Man, I hope Tama lives. She's a good kiddo.
It's also particularly savage that the remaining twin can turn into a fucking weapon and fucking throw herself at people. I like Hardgore Alice, she makes me feel the calmest. Like, I trust her the most to stay alive, she gives me a certain piece of mind.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Most anticlimatic death scene, they really didn't do it well imo. Calamity Mary's too, a one-hit KO with the shuriken seemed kinda... I didn't realise the shurikens were that OP.

It's funny because they massively watered down that scene from the LN, which showed how OP'd Ripple's ability is when she threw a glass window at Mary, which the latter promptly shot, only for it to turn into a barrage of fragments still going straight at her, and still empowered by Ripple's ability

Also, Swim Swim deserves to die a really painful and graphic death. Slowly. If she does die, I hope the anime shows her dead and bloody human form like all the other girls that died

last edited at Nov 27, 2016 5:04PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Now I could be wrong, But I think @Faust is a girl.

What makes you think that? (not denying or confirming, just wondering)

Well there was that one time you linked your blog in which you admitted to "fangirling." I'm not positive though

^^^
About that time my gender was briefly discussed

I hope this anon isn't related to that, cus it'd be kinda creepy lmao

It's funny because they massively watered down that scene from the LN, which showed how OP'd Ripple's ability is when she threw a glass window at Mary, which the latter promptly shot, only for it to turn into a barrage of fragments still going straight at her, and still empowered by Ripple's ability

omg that's so fucking cool, why didn't they do that? That's amazingly creative

last edited at Nov 27, 2016 5:05PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Probably too graphic to show on TV...

joined Sep 21, 2014

^ Probably too graphic to show on TV...

I would have loved to see that. The bitch would have deserved it anyway

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Speaking of new sequels
...Or maybe i'm a little late on that one
I don't know i got an email from myanimelist at the same time of the Code Geass one so oh whatever

last edited at Nov 27, 2016 6:39PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I for one, as someone who has Geass as their favourite anime and as someone really far left on the political spectrum find myself questioning whether or not we should bring the death penalty back for the recent news...

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

I saw that fuss over the Code Geass sequel coming.

Having CG as one of my all-time favorite anime, I'm happy and afraid at the same time.
Happy because Lelouch alive makes sense, I was supporting the theory of Charles granting him the code while dying, and therefore making him immortal. Even if it takes off some of the glory in Lelouch's death, it really fits him because, given how machiavellian and clever he is, he wouldn't have imagined the Zero Requiem with him dying.

The final trick; he ends up surviving while the entire world thinks he's death, even Suzaku. It's worthy of his huge intellect. And on the top of that he gets his happy-end with C², the latter finally being able to love, to be loved and to get a peaceful life she longed for, after centuries of sorrow. The very last scene of the anime also suggests Lelouch alive.

I really have big expectations for the sequel, so I'm hoping it's something that has been imagined and thoroughly prepared. It has to be a logic and pertinent continuation, without any plot-hole or inconsistencies. That's what I'm afraid of.

That said, All Hail Rurush !!

last edited at Nov 27, 2016 7:18PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I saw that fuss over the Code Geass sequel coming.

Having CG as one of my all-time favorite anime, I'm happy and afraid at the same time.
Happy because Lelouch alive makes sense, I was supporting the theory of Charles granting him the code while dying, and therefore making him immortal. Even if it takes off some of the glory in Lelouch's death, it really fits him because, given how machiavellian and clever he is, he wouldn't have imagined the Zero Requiem with him dying.

I mean, I kinda get how it could suit him, but I think Lelouch as a character reads so much better as someone who was pretty much suicidal after the Black Knights betrayed him. And the death fits theme soooo much better ;_;

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Even if it takes off some of the glory in Lelouch's death, it really fits him because, given how machiavellian and clever he is, he wouldn't have imagined the Zero Requiem with him dying.

Unless he had no desire to live any more, considering Euphy, Shirley, and also Nunnally (considering her innocence was destroyed pretty thoroughly in the process, what with launching all those nukes by herself and whatnot), who was the main reason he started the whole thing in the first place. Him not wanting to live would also put the final plan in-character with his personality, since even his own death would be something he wished for. I just can not see him wanting to live peacefully after losing that much of what he held most dear. That being said, this is a matter of personal preference, there are just enough elements in the story it could swing either way.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Ok...
Regalia's ending was a lame...damn...there really was no way to make ALL that work in 1 ep huh?

Izetta is disappointing as well...I mean really? a mcguffin that negates the MC's ability and a clone? there's no way we'll get a satisfying conclusion to all that! gimme a break!

SB69# continues this week's disappointing chain by having Ailane purified so easily, but hey! silly plot...I guess. Also, yeah the preview totally confirmed she's Aion's imouto

Long riders gaaaayyyyyyy! XD

Whoa. I've seen the other image before, but this one is new to me. Is it from Danbooru?
I like the new girls so far, Nipa especially is adorable. The cameo this episode was a nice touch.

Straight from the wiki just to prove my point!

MC is Lelouch which means he's not dead

GODDAMMIT!

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Regalia's ending was a lame...damn...there really was no way to make ALL that work in 1 ep huh?

? I would have appreciated an epilogue, but I thought the events of the episode were fine

Izetta is disappointing as well...I mean really? a mcguffin that negates the MC's ability and a clone? there's no way we'll get a satisfying conclusion to all that! gimme a break!

I think what was going on there was the stone was crystallized mana, letting Zophie ignore the dead spots, rather than shutting down Izetta. Still bullshit, though

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Even though I think R2 should have never existed, WORLD END is superior to Colors.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I think what was going on there was the stone was crystallized mana, letting Zophie ignore the dead spots, rather than shutting down Izetta. Still bullshit, though

Izetta commented something like "this area should be rich with magic" indicating that her powers were being suppressed by an external force. Then again, is Izetta supposed to know exactly where the ley lines are?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

? I would have appreciated an epilogue, but I thought the events of the episode were fine

That's exactly what I mean, it feels like a lot is missing. I also thought the whole whoops! we died- Nope! we back lol, has been done too many times. Not to mention the supposed OP Ruks Ex Machina only did a couple of ORA ORA's b4 getting beaten by the last minute powers. I wanted a cooler final boss fight is what I should probably say.

But Izetta said: there weren't any dead spots around or something like that either that or I wasn't paying much attention to the exposition...which is quite possible lol.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Just watched Flip Flapers ep 7, and it was beautiful to start with. But the more I read about it, it is still be not fully coherent for me.

Ok, so through different Papika, Cocona was cycling through what attracted her about Papika. A sister-like figure, as a good friend, as a boy-substitution. All of it did not make the cut. The final stop was as a (female) sexual partner. A seductress.

But she was not satisfied with any of it (wait, they talked about 'what love is', time skip with clothes change, did that imply sex?) and want to find the real Papika instead. No other Papika appeared after she made up her mind also proved the seductive Papika was the closest one but not quite there. Finally real Papika came to rescue the "lost" Cocona. And the way she accepted that she was lost, showing that right there she finally knew which Papika she want to be with.

Then Papika make her a "Think of me" flower crown to conclude the episode... Because Cocona was thinking about her the whole time, obviously

But then what is the role of nail clipper is in this whole thing? Hint up for future event? As a resistance for change in the two relationship as time progress? A hidden feeling that Corona has about her sexuality? I edged closer to the last interpretation, simply due to the music of that scene (funny/teasing music). As in "Hey, you need that nail clipper when you are alone with Papika. Don't cha? Don't cha?" kind of teasing (Instead of some foreshadowing or mood directing musics)

last edited at Nov 28, 2016 9:01AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Izetta commented something like "this area should be rich with magic" indicating that her powers were being suppressed by an external force. Then again, is Izetta supposed to know exactly where the ley lines are?

You know...
It will be a bullshit if the germanians find about the ley lines location and never actually uses it.

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

But Izetta said: there weren't any dead spots around or something like that either that or I wasn't paying much attention to the exposition...which is quite possible lol.

When they flew Izetta over to the corridor they did mention that they did check out the corridor once before and thus knew how the magic was distributed. So it seems the bloodstone absorbs magic and stores it, probably so that a witch can cast magic in a zone without magic, but it does so at such a high rate that the area loses all magic for a while? But it takes some time to do so. Sophie was singing and picking flowers while preparing the trap.

joined Jan 21, 2015

The animation is back to normal on Long Riders, and the subtext in episode 6 wasn't in the manga (the entire conversation about jerseys and team names takes place in one scene, and Saki immediately suggests Fortuna). Aoi should consider getting a huge bike-themed tattoo or finding a way to dress up as a bike to get Ami's attention, she doesn't stand a chance otherwise.

Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume continues to be incredibly fun. The yuri subtext that's all over the place isn't even needed to make it a fun show, but I can't say I mind. If Saki is "lesbians playing superpowered mahjong" (as per TV Tropes), would this be "lesbians playing orgasmic table tennis"?

joined Sep 21, 2014

You know...
It will be a bullshit if the germanians find about the ley lines location and never actually uses it.

And they did D: They choose to attack in a place where there are ley lines, where Izetta would feel confident, thus drawing her out. And then bam, Sophie ambushed her

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

But then what is the role of nail clipper is in this whole thing? Hint up for future event? As a resistance for change in the two relationship as time progress? A hidden feeling that Corona has about her sexuality? I edged closer to the last interpretation, simply due to the music of that scene (funny/teasing music). As in "Hey, you need that nail clipper when you are alone with Papika. Don't cha? Don't cha?" kind of teasing (Instead of some foreshadowing or mood directing musics)

I remembered reading something about this in the reddit discussion thread so I looked it up and I got this neat tidbit from the ANN review.

Fingernails are still on Cocona's mind as a result of the change in Iroha (from a girl who "can't" wear nail polish to a girl who loves it) so Sadako-Papika uses her creepy charms to show Cocona the nail clippers she's hidden in her own mind. Of course, if Cocona isn't going to address the emotions behind imagining Papika in a negligee, she's definitely not going to think about an innocuous pair of clippers, but the audience (especially Jojo's fans) are bound to recognize their symbolism immediately. Fingernail clippers are a tool for trying to reverse a slow but unstoppable change. (They can also be used as a symbol for trust and intimacy just like ear-cleaning, but nobody actually clips their nails in this episode, so I guess we'll hold onto that for later.) Cocona has always been scared of moving forward in life, and now that she knows her future means holding back a floodgate of feelings for Papika, she's more desperate than ever to stop time from moving forward. Of course, she can't do this any more than she can stop her nails from growing, so what now?

Of course, there's also the sexuality angle as you mentioned... or perhaps the writers had both interpretations in mind. Or maybe they just threw in a nail clipper for no reason, who knows?

joined Feb 15, 2013

I remembered reading something about this in the reddit discussion thread so I looked it up and I got this neat tidbit from the ANN review.

Fingernails are still on Cocona's mind as a result of the change in Iroha (from a girl who "can't" wear nail polish to a girl who loves it) so Sadako-Papika uses her creepy charms to show Cocona the nail clippers she's hidden in her own mind. Of course, if Cocona isn't going to address the emotions behind imagining Papika in a negligee, she's definitely not going to think about an innocuous pair of clippers, but the audience (especially Jojo's fans) are bound to recognize their symbolism immediately. Fingernail clippers are a tool for trying to reverse a slow but unstoppable change. (They can also be used as a symbol for trust and intimacy just like ear-cleaning, but nobody actually clips their nails in this episode, so I guess we'll hold onto that for later.) Cocona has always been scared of moving forward in life, and now that she knows her future means holding back a floodgate of feelings for Papika, she's more desperate than ever to stop time from moving forward. Of course, she can't do this any more than she can stop her nails from growing, so what now?

Of course, there's also the sexuality angle as you mentioned... or perhaps the writers had both interpretations in mind. Or maybe they just threw in a nail clipper for no reason, who knows?

Obviously, I don't think anime editor want to scream lesbian sexual innuendo from the roof top. But I feel that Jojo interpretation seemed to be really forced in this case. (frankly, it was a bit like how AoT fans keep thinking that other anime was influenced by AoT)

Firstly as mentioned, the music indicating the nail clipper supposed to be a joke punchline, instead of foreshadowing or screen interpretation. When i watched it, I thought the punchline was: we thought it was something important to the plot, but instead it was just a random thing. But that does not explain why it is a nail clipper

Secondly, one thing that everyone universally agree with in ep 7: Cocona created a bunch of Papika identity, and she was 'lost' over selecting which Papika she want to be with. That does not fit in the Jojo narrative of the nail clipper. As she was not resisting change to maintain the status-quo, she was confused over whether she want the status-quo. Those two narrative almost completely opposite to each other.

If she was creating a bunch of different Papika, and tried to force each of them to be like the real one, then it fit the Jojo narrative. In this case however, it's completely off

last edited at Nov 28, 2016 10:12PM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Obviously, I don't think anime editor want to scream lesbian sexual innuendo from the roof top. But I feel that Jojo interpretation seemed to be really forced in this case.
(frankly, it was a bit like how AoT fans keep thinking that other anime was influenced by AoT)

Firstly as mentioned, the music indicating the nail clipper supposed to be a joke punchline, instead of foreshadowing or screen interpretation. When i watched it, I thought the punchline was: we thought it was something important to the plot, but instead it was just a random thing. But that does not explai why it is a nail clipper

Secondly, one thing that everyone universally agree with in ep 7: Cocona created a bunch of Papika identity, and she was 'lost' over selecting which Papika she want to be with. That does not fit in the Jojo narrative of the nail clipper. As she was not resisting to maintain the status-quo (relationship real Papika), she was confused over whether she want the status-quo. Those two theme almost opposite to each other

I would pay good money to see the anime editor scream lesbian sexual innuendo from a roof top.

That aside, I don't think she was selecting between the different Papikas, so much as her mind unwittingly conjured progressively changing Papikas, representing her evolving relationship with her. When she says she wants the "real" Papika, presumably she means she's afraid of how her feelings toward her are growing and changing, and desires the safety of the past Papika to whom she lacked a romantic attraction. My greater point here is that Cocona was not "confused" as to whether or not she wanted to maintain the status quo. The status quo was already rapidly changing beyond her control, and for the time being she resisted. The nail clipper could represent nothing, or it could, indeed, represent Cocona's fear of change.

To reply you must either login or sign up.