Forum › Hana and Hina After School discussion

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Damnit, I thought they were gonna kiss for sure at the end of the chapter but of course I'm wrong because it's Morinaga Milk... That handholding and Hina sneakily sitting super close to Hana though.

joined Jul 7, 2016

How is it that something that's not very good (and claiming to be yuri when it's not) like Hayate x Blade goes on for nearly 100 chapters while this gets cut after 18 (assuming volume 3 is 6 chapters)?

last edited at Nov 23, 2016 5:19AM

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

How is it that something that's not very good (and claiming to be yuri when it's not) like Hayate x Blade goes on for nearly 100 chapters while this gets cut after 18 (assuming volume 3 is 6 chapters)?

Hayate x Blade is more popular because it's focused on action, and the characters becoming stronger, just like most popular shounen manga. x)

Also, shut up! Hayate x Blade is amazing! D:

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

AHHHH it's getting so good! The sexual/romantic tension was off the charts this chapter. I got so many goosebumps and nice tingly feelings.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

As in cancelled or is it just finished?

The story will end in november and close in three volumes. As for the reason why it will end so fast? Coz the manga is boring and is not selling well.

Do you have a source for all this information, or are you just making it up? I only heard that the author will end the manga.

If true, then I'm sad this got axed when other worse yuri (in my opinion) go on and on. :(

EDIT: I don't mean to sound rude, but I'm a journalist, so sources and stuff are close to my heart. xD

Ah that kinda sucks that it got axed, although Im not surprised its not doing too well. I hope the ending won't be too rushed. It'll be pretty ironic if it is rushed though since the manga took waaaay too long to get to this point (Hana realizing her feelings). If only the pacing was balanced a bit more :/

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I just wonder how Morinaga's gonna fit the remainder of the romantic build-up with the ex-girlfriend drama that has yet to come all in one volume. To me, it feels like we won't see a lot of Hana x Hina after they become a couple though, because of the axing ;(

Dandelion-akane-30b
joined Jun 12, 2015

Ugh, if that's true that totally sucks! Admittedly it has dragged on but all that build up suddenly coming to a rushed end? I hope not. Well, you know how it is, sometimes the build up is worth it and after this chapter only one thing came to my mind; F I N A L L Y ! ! !

joined Jan 11, 2015

The story will end in november and close in three volumes. As for the reason why it will end so fast? Coz the manga is boring and is not selling well.

Do you have a source for all this information, or are you just making it up? I only heard that the author will end the manga.

If true, then I'm sad this got axed when other worse yuri (in my opinion) go on and on. :(

EDIT: I don't mean to sound rude, but I'm a journalist, so sources and stuff are close to my heart. xD

Ah that kinda sucks that it got axed, although Im not surprised its not doing too well. I hope the ending won't be too rushed. It'll be pretty ironic if it is rushed though since the manga took waaaay too long to get to this point (Hana realizing her feelings). If only the pacing was balanced a bit more :/

I can't find the post you're quoting, but, here's the tweet about the cancellation. https://twitter.com/morimilmil/status/781635716807655425

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

NOW KISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KISS HER DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This should be tagged as NSFW. These girls are so lewd. Holding hand, pressing against each other, undressing in front of each other. It's not for the faint of heart.

Aside from that I can understand why it would be cut short. There's nothing here to feel involved in their relationship. The "drama" feels flat and phoned in.

Konan
joined Apr 20, 2012

Damn Seven seas, I hope they burn. D;

joined Jan 11, 2015

Damn Seven seas, I hope they burn. D;

The Japanese publisher axed it, not Seven Seas, lol.

blatant_harvester
Snpl
joined Feb 16, 2013

Guess not everyone's up for utter silliness. Which HxB does extremely well.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

What's with pgs 26-27 in ch 12?

joined Jan 11, 2015

LOL! I didn't see that Malibu actually uploaded them already...
I didn't translate them yet. They'll be added later.

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

mfw 666 posts

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Man, I loved this. You people claiming that it's boring confound and mystify me. I love the pacing. It feels very natural, and is light-years ahead of Bloom Into You, which is my gold standard for "a lot of art and dialogue and not a damned thing happens".

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

One volume left? I can see this ending in a satisfying note, but that would require them to start dating at the end so we wouldn't get to see much of it, i can take that though

Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

LOL! I didn't see that Malibu actually uploaded them already...
I didn't translate them yet. They'll be added later.

Woops, yeah, I figured I would upload them as a teaser for now :) Sorry! We'll translate and update the chapter soon!

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

It took it's time and I liked that about the manga. I mean I've read Whispered Words three times so I have a bit more patience than other people.
I was really happy with this chapter and I hope for a good non rushed ending.
Though I hated how they were gonna put in the ex ... Just like in Girlfriends ..... Do something new and unexpected.

last edited at Nov 23, 2016 11:01AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Its not a masterpiece but its so cute nevertheless. I appreciate Morinaga Milk's consistency in her work.

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

Aside from that I can understand why it would be cut short. There's nothing here to feel involved in their relationship. The "drama" feels flat and phoned in.

To me drama in yuri always feels flat and phoned in. The only up side is that it makes you appreciate manga w/o it more.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

First part of the chapter seemed to be mostly just Milk-sensei going "I want to draw that tall lissome body with those legs and gentle curves, in bathing suits and lingerie." Not that I have a quarrel with that, very sound instincts.

But then . . . how does she do that? I'm reading this absolutely typical "first date at the fireworks festival in yukata" scene, OK better because it's yuri girls both in a yukata, but I've read these a thousand times before--and then suddenly I realize my body is actually reacting to the romantic tension between them. I got a bit of heartbeat, that tingly feeling in the pit of my stomach, like that. She can do this apparently bog-standard stuff and she just brings the feelings, it's like magic.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Hum... don't they look a lot like Mari and Akko?

Well it would be a resemblamce because it's the same Manga Artist who made Girl Friends But Hana is obvious taller than Akko. Akko and Mari was almost the same height

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Well there's still volume 3 right? I was worried when I finished the chapter and saw people worrying about the rushed ending and thought that this chapter was the last one, but it's still far from over.

Thank you very much for scanlating and uploading this series, I've really loved this so far.

To reply you must either login or sign up.