Forum › The Flower Basket discussion

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Ah, one of those doujins with plenty of words and yet at the end I feel like I don't get it? What was the plot / point / meaning to all that?

If anyone wants to explain what the mangaka set out to achieve or say with this story I'd appreciate being enlightened.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

The two of them are also featured in Ipheon. Maybe their story will get somewhere in the last chapter.

Also, senpai is practically beaming down 'gokigenyou'.

last edited at Nov 22, 2016 5:18PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Art was nice but I... I don't really get it... Was it about two girls with perhaps, different ways of perceiving beauty, and the senpai getting like, offended? :> damn i dont get it
Anyone know what she meant by "saving a cat"?

joined Feb 23, 2016

I hope i wasn't the only one who read that as Fruit basket right? XD But this seems good, the art is good, which means you are welcome to put out more >:D

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I feel like the part about the cat is maybe a cultural line. But what I take away from this is that the MC is used to the crushes that the girls around her get, but she is taken aback when one is so forceful about her adoration. She is a tsundere-light.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think the cat thing is "what reason do you have to think I'm so great", and suggesting maybe she was seen doing something good or heroic or something.

As to the rest, it came off as trying to be poetic with the oh-so-familiar tsundere archetype, but not quite successfully.

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

I think the story is just lacking enough actual story^^
Storywise normal girl Yukimine loves popular girl Kaga. Kaga doesn't like/need/believe that. So Yukimine has to do something to show her that she is different from all the other girls and capable of forming a meaningful connection. Here she steals and throws aways all the flowers as some sort of statement/jealousy. Why Kaga sees this as something positive is beyond me, but she does comment that those flowers wither after a day anyway, probably meaning that the feelings of the other (fan)girls aren't real or shortlived. And maybe Kaga still believes this to be the case for Yukimine too, but she is now willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.
So little change in so many pages. Nothing happens^^.

I don't know what the cat part really means, but isn't this just about doing good deeds and beeing perceived as beautiful/good for it?

last edited at Nov 22, 2016 5:51PM

Img-thing
joined Sep 5, 2015

well i am glad to see i'm not the only person confused by the story i still enjoyed it i just didn't quite get it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The art's good, though.

%20%c3%93%c3%83%c2%a4
joined Feb 24, 2016

The art's good, though.

All what I can think right now even though reading all again

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

"It's nothing specially amazing"
Alright, I don't like her.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

alt text

I don't get it

Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

Seemed fine to me.
I have a thing for the "girl who's confessed to so much that it means nothing, meets a girl who finally actually means something by it" plotline, so maybe putting it in those terms made it more clear to me to start with.

joined Jan 22, 2015

http://img-comment-fun.9cache.com/media/aWOM1oZ/anD4gJeG_700w_0.jpg

I don't get it

I made this exact face upon finishing.

last edited at Nov 22, 2016 7:55PM by Nezchan

joined May 23, 2013

I find her to have a cocky personality hopefully falling in love will put her on the right path. Cause right now she thinks shes all that.

last edited at Nov 22, 2016 7:59PM

Nice art but couldn't help to want to punch her when she said she hates cats.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

alt text

Good art though.

joined Jul 31, 2013

What is not to get?

Ff1a724c73fac5cdbd12f79a54966a5025f54c394c232611e6a1c490a4e4b1db
joined May 22, 2014

I don't get it

My thoughts exactly!

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

0/10, they didn't fuck each other's brains out

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

duh this isn't event at shoujo-ai Level let alone yuri, they didn't event kiss

Cate
joined May 15, 2015

imaginary pandabug was the best part

Cate
joined May 15, 2015

imaginary pandabug was the best part

joined Sep 2, 2015

First Yuri dosnt need kissing.
The Cat is really just and example Kaga uses for "goodness", its kinda sarcastic and shes basically asking her if Yuki saw Kaga doing something heroic or of the like and that's why she loves her. This is kind of important because at the end Yuki tells Kaga that when she called her beautiful she did it because its what she thought of Kaga as a person not based of a singular defining action showing Kaga again that her love is more developed (which is explained bellow). (Its like calling Neil Armstrong a great man for being the first man to walk on the moon when in reality he did a great thing but that dosnt make him a great man (or at least allow us to call him one)

Kaga is a popular girl who believes ones self value is found in others opinions of themselves, hence because she is popular she is very self confident. But Kaga sets her limit at "love" (almost) this isn't actually true because she also finds value in people loving her but she is very cynical about being told about it.
We see Kaga's opinion of love best when she talks about flowers and says "They all wither away anyways" (referring to peoples emotions as directly after she calls flowers feelings.) and when she says "they all selfishly leave me anyways" when Yuki skips the running. Which is essentially showing us that she dosn't like being told by girls in her school (or girls that dont know her specifically because when talking to Yuki she makes a comment about Yuki meaning nothing to her being her reason for not liking her confession) that they love her because their feeling just disapear anyways.

This is where Yuki comes in essentially to show Kaga that her love is different that she wont disapear, and then of course the heart warming ending in which Kaga tells Yuki she's happy that she threw the flowers out. While considering the end(the recital)and previous symbolism we can infer that this is just showing us that this is supposed to represent that Kaga is happy that she found somebody whos feelings didnt just wilt away.

Sorry if this is written badly its like 12 and Im tired asf but can't miss manga :)

last edited at Nov 23, 2016 12:59AM

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Ophelia? Insanity? Suicide? Millais' painting? I really have no idea how the Japanese tend to interpret Hamlet...

Seriously though, it's pretty straightforward yuri.

Peach blossom in the language of flowers: Longevity; I am your captive; eternal love.

To reply you must either login or sign up.