Forum › Dark Forest, White Road discussion

joined Jun 12, 2015

Yep. This epilogue is better than the ending chapter. Thumbs up.

Img-thing
joined Jan 19, 2016

It's pretty obviously a happy ending, if you take the epilogue in account.

Shou acknowledges her little sister for the first time in five years. I think it's implied that their relationship went south ever since Yuu recognised that Shou thought her as a nuisance, and actually taking the effort to greet her is a small, but symbolic gesture. Also, Yuu's classmates talking about the ghost (i.e Chiharu) hanging around the house implies that Shou managed to make contact with Chiharu and is actually buying a cellphone to contact her. Also, Chiharu saying that Shou 'grew her hair long again' pretty much spells out that they met after Shou got her hair cut. And that big ass smile from Shou in the end isn't something that ever happened through out the manga. You can't get anymore clear cut, really.

Agree, pretty much my thoughts on this epilogue although the author did it in a very implicit way.

last edited at Nov 22, 2016 9:27AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

ZzZzZ ZzZzzz...

joined Mar 6, 2015

That smile! :D

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

That epilogue was kinda cute. I feel so bad that the author was in such bad condition on the deadline. ㅜㅜ
Anyway, that felt really satisfying. Thank you, sexy akiba detectives, for this amazing series!

last edited at Jan 18, 2017 6:03PM

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

the epilogue was good but i wanted it to be a full chapter =/

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

please explain to me how 164cm is tall!!!! I'm 164cm, I'm far from tall! wth!! You could say that maybe Japanese people are shorter but I've been to Japan and not a lot of people were that short, also some really tall people... soo? Besides they told me they thought I was kinda small so I don't understand this in manga why is 164cm tall? -.- Maybe this manga is old and people in Japan started getting taller the recent years? '-' >.> no idea

Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

please explain to me how 164cm is tall!!!! I'm 164cm, I'm far from tall! wth!! You could say that maybe Japanese people are shorter but I've been to Japan and not a lot of people were that short, also some really tall people... soo? Besides they told me they thought I was kinda small so I don't understand this in manga why is 164cm tall? -.- Maybe this manga is old and people in Japan started getting taller the recent years? '-' >.> no idea

Yeah, I thought that was weird too. 164 might be a bit above average for a Japanese girl, but I would only start considering it tall once it was 168cm or higher.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Author herself admits that she made her characters too worn down and miserable. The epilogue tries to correct this, but in my opinion, it's too little, too late.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

The manga its from 2012, so not that old. Maybe the author thinks that 164cm is tall for a high school girl in Japan, which is something i wouldn't disagree with.

%20%c3%93%c3%83%c2%a4
joined Feb 24, 2016

Author herself admits that she made her characters too worn down and miserable. The epilogue tries to correct this, but in my opinion, it's too little, too late.

If you're reading this is too late (?) too darks idk
I did hope the Epilogue had something cute and nondark... my bad
Blame to the author's illness (?) I didn't know have diarrhea and vomiting cause you being deeply dark in soul

last edited at Nov 22, 2016 1:51PM

Screenshot_2016-11-14-13-53-17(2)
joined Feb 7, 2014

I feel so fluffy with this chapter

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I don't need to see Shou's tits ... at all lol
But omg I needed that Long haired Chiharu !

This after ending feels better

I forgot her surname

Lol

It has the name of one of my friends, I didn't notice

Lool

last edited at Nov 22, 2016 2:56PM

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Boom. Characterization.

Tsubasa
joined Aug 22, 2016

shou pretty gloomy. but the manga pretty interesting and has some weird appeal.
anyway, were they kissing once? I forgot.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

164 cm "I like tall girls so I wanted her to be tall" wtf XDD 164 cm is not tall. i wish it was though (I'm 165)

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

pretty depressing, I wish this could end on a lighter note...

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

:(

joined Jul 24, 2015

its not what I really expect on the epilogue. I thought I'm going to see them together. but this one is nice too

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The epilogue is good, although I don't think it completely makes up for the lack of character arc for Shou in the main story. She changed so little before the end of chapter five that you could call it a bump more than an arc, and then having the rest implied in the epilogue is a little unsatisfying.

Which is to say I liked it, but it didn't really solve the storytelling's main issue.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I dunno, I thought it was pretty great even without the epilogue, basically the yuri version of Saul Bellows' Seize the Day.

last edited at Nov 22, 2016 8:47PM

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

I expect for longer story.. Not that i m not relieved with such epilogue as closing...

O yeah.. Yuu has reason now to go back to her original hair color?

Haha.. Maybe bc the author is tiny?
Its still tall for me though, Fay

last edited at Nov 23, 2016 12:38AM

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Which is to say I liked it, but it didn't really solve the storytelling's main issue.

Storytelling issue! Take it back, Nez! Moby-Dick is widely recognized as one of the greatest novels of all time despite having predominantly static characters. Static characters does not equal bad writing.

Especially in romance fiction where the importance is on the feelings the reader experiences. That's what determines how well-crafted a character is in yuri, not some out-dated, out-moded structural category.

That was actually directed at everyone else, not you, Nez.

last edited at Nov 23, 2016 1:53AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Storytelling issue! Take it back, Nez! Moby-Dick is widely recognized as one of the greatest novels of all time despite having predominantly static characters. Static characters does not equal bad writing.

Well, the plot of Moby Dick wasn't about Ishmael teaching Ahab that he can be more than just an obsessed whale freak. Which actually sounds kinda fun now that I say it.

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

Wait, I thought Moby Dick was about
him
and his...

To reply you must either login or sign up.