Forum › YukaRei discussion

joined Jul 22, 2016

The way this artist-sama draws eyes is strange.
Uun! But, this was pretty nice.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Quite good - but, I dunno if the translation is a bit off or it's just not that well written but the language is vague and unclear / confusing in a few places.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Niceeeeee!

I liked how artist correctly shows how strange and OP powers of Yukari are!

But those other scenes were awesome!

Upside-down-legomd
joined Jun 13, 2015

I swear there are more fan made content relating to touhou than those who can complete a greater number of games.

I've only passed IN start to finish on hard mode but never passed it on any other mode nor any other game. Yet I make touhou content myself.

Touhou fandom is a really weird... and I'm part of it

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

What does Marisa have to do with all of this? I didn't get it.

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

What is it with YukaReimu doujins and the inscrutable translations they receive? How can something be in English and yet, not quite make sense?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Yeah, I think it could have done with a QC. I don't get it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

From what I can see, at least part of the concept is that Reimu wants Yukari to feel like she does, since just fucking without that feels empty her. Yukari claims that, as a youkai, she has no such feelings. However, when Ran comes by she reveals that Yukari doesn't actually think like other youkai but much more like a human, showing that what she said the previous night was a lie. To underline this, she has Ran pass on a message that Yukari is going to go start an incident involving Marisa (or sexually harass Marisa, it's not too clear there) in order to make Reimu pursue her.

So the whole thing is flirting in a way. At least that's what I take away from the story.

I do like that Ran acts more like a fox spirit in this than usual, with the shapeshifting and imitating birds and somewhat inhuman voice (indicated by her word balloons).

Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

I know what you might think, but I was confused as well. I talked to our translator and the artist was pretty vague at some points. But we'll do a second check in case we find something to improve.

From what I can see, at least part of the concept is that Reimu wants Yukari to feel like she does, since just fucking without that feels empty her. Yukari claims that, as a youkai, she has no such feelings. However, when Ran comes by she reveals that Yukari doesn't actually think like other youkai but much more like a human, showing that what she said the previous night was a lie. To underline this, she has Ran pass on a message that Yukari is going to go start an incident involving Marisa (or sexually harass Marisa, it's not too clear there) in order to make Reimu pursue her.

So the whole thing is flirting in a way. At least that's what I take away from the story.

I do like that Ran acts more like a fox spirit in this than usual, with the shapeshifting and imitating birds and somewhat inhuman voice (indicated by her word balloons).

Also, I liked your interpretation pretty much. I am in conversation with the translator and the proofreader at the moment and he said for example that some things are thrown in pretty randomly without much meaning, like owl and chicken (except for owl to be nocturnal and chicken is an insult in any way).
Some thoughts: "p4 we could change "fever" by "heat" but we loose the double meaning like in the Japanese sentence"
"p6 f4/5: there's a double meaning in the Japanese the "physical fluctuation" refers to Reimu's body too but it's kind of there in English too"

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 2:31PM

__gertrud_barkhorn_world_witches_series_and_etc_drawn_by_amakawa_ginga__970ec8089e5295274b5d2dc3d38d2725
joined Oct 21, 2015

What does Marisa have to do with all of this? I didn't get it.

Marisa is canonically Reimu's best friend, and they're often shipped together. \I can't help but feel that she's trying to get Reimu's attention by paying her a visit and starting some shenanigans or something.

I'd be inclined to agree with wanting a quality check, the grammar's off a bit.

On the plus side, more YukaReimu for me to drool over~

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Don't know if this was the intention but Reimu looked absolutely miserable during the sex scene, kind of gut wrenching

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Yeah, I appreciated this too; nice to see this side of hers once in a while.

joined Mar 19, 2016

What is it with YukaReimu doujins and the inscrutable translations they receive? How can something be in English and yet, not quite make sense?

I think it's the same group translating most YukariReimu doujins, and they seem to be... Well, their translations might need some work.

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

I do appreciate them translating them, though, thanks guys. Moar YukaReimu. It's just sometimes I have trouble really understanding what's being said. Sentences aren't always wrong necessarily, they just don't flow logically or naturally, from one to the next. It's challenging to really understand what's going on because of that.

joined Aug 11, 2014

I mean, she's also suffering because Yukari responds to a question about whether she even feels desire by literally slamming Reimu's head into the floor and then acting all confused when Reimu doesn't want to keep going afterwards, but yeah, empty loveless sex was part of it too.

joined Dec 13, 2013

Yukari is just being tsun; "I'll act all cold and detached but the truth is i really like this girl so I'll harass her friend so she can go after me bc, as a youkai, I have no idea how to express my feelings in other way than teasing!!!"

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

there is an error in pg 09, “at least take off ayour gloves” (“your” not “ayour”) fixed
https://mai88eternalscarlet.wordpress.com/2016/11/19/doujinshi-18-yukarei/

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

woah if we didn't get a glimpse of how hot and heavy reimu was in the beginning, yukari's actions felt pretty rape-y. otherwise a pretty good read (albeit reimu's facial expressions looking like it hurt was sort of a turn-off)

joined Jan 8, 2014

I read the story very similarly, but the barrier "wavering" because of Reimu's "heat" then in the "aftermath" her saying she was going to Marisa's(honestly even re-reading was tough) but my interpretation is that Reimu loves Marisa and is "chicken" to express those feelings, and Yukari is "chicken" to admit feelings for Reimu, but they used to be lovers but they aren't together anymore, but Reimu's desires(passion/love) caused the barrier to waiver and Yukari takes care of her in that way to keep the barrier, and Reimu enjoys it but protests because she doesnt feel love from Yukari when having sex, and she gives a solution or encourages her to go to Marisa after the fact...
That's the feeling I got...tho it was certainly a tough read

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The only issues I have with that version, KcaT, is that first there's no particular mention of Marisa until the end so it's hard to see how Reimu's desiring her throughout, and secondly it leaves out Ran making a point of telling Reimu that Yukari doesn't think the way a youkai does, despite her claiming to throughout. I think that exchange is significant, so you can't really gloss over it.

If anything, it seems like at the ending Yukari is trying to push Reimu toward Marisa (a human who will have similar feelings and needs), but "You don't mean what you say" suggests that she really wants Reimu for herself instead and Reimu realizes that.

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 12:42PM

Img_0469
joined Sep 9, 2016

Not that good tbh. It was hard to tell what exactly was going on, actually looked like abuse so if that's the case, then it really wasn't good at all.

joined Jan 8, 2014

The only issues I have with that version, KcaT, is that first there's no particular mention of Marisa until the end so it's hard to see how Reimu's desiring her throughout, and secondly it leaves out Ran making a point of telling Reimu that Yukari doesn't think the way a youkai does, despite her claiming to throughout. I think that exchange is significant, so you can't really gloss over it.

If anything, it seems like at the ending Yukari is trying to push Reimu toward Marisa (a human who will have similar feelings and needs), but "You don't mean what you say" suggests that she really wants Reimu for herself instead and Reimu realizes that.

I agree Yukari is pushing Reimu to Marisa...I assumed her desires were love based but she could just be horny, its a natural function...if I were to expand on it I would say that Yukari is unable or is too chicken to allow herself to express love/intimacy "directly" with Reimu and instead alludes to it by "taking care of her", and then steering Reimu towards someone who Yukari believes will give her intimacy, since doing so with Reimu would only highlight the Youkai that she is (???)
I dunno, I think you have it on lock, and I think im being highly influenced by the last YukiRei doujin I read :P
(something about Yukari setting her on the miko path...it was very romantic lol )
Either way I think your synopsis is more accurate...mine just came from how I read it :)

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

I mean, it's a doujin all about Reimu flirting with Yukari. Says so in the opening.

Yuuparu%20cuddle
joined Apr 7, 2013

Ugggh. I hate this doujin. It's like a Jackson Pollock painting; some people are trying to give justified explanations for it, but it doesn't change the fact that it's just bullshit splattered on paper.

You can make a doujin featuring dubious consent; most YukaRei ones do. But this felt uncomfortable to read and understand.

last edited at Nov 21, 2016 3:50AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.