Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Sumin crying, I think she will realize she loves Sungji and won't want to lose what she had. We've never seen her cry for Seju EVER. I don't think team blonde is done yet, in fact I think they might be end game after all, how disappointing.

In Sumin x Seju convo in latest chapter, Seju commented that Sumin has never cried so much before with break ups and but she corrected Seju that she did and it was during the first one. And that was from their break up.(and yeah, we didn't get to see it lol) and from the start, I'm pretty sure that this is blackxblonde ending.xD

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Sumin crying, I think she will realize she loves Sungji and won't want to lose what she had. We've never seen her cry for Seju EVER.

But this is totally not true xD She just said in this chapter she cried more than 31 times for Seju when they broke up. She also cries now, which can be argued that it's not for Seju, but I think Seju is also a part of it too.

Sungji and Sumin flashbacks are only natural to appear now. We can't say this indicates they will end up together only because we get some flashbacks now. Sungji got flashbacks with Dawoon after she broke up with Sumin. Which someone could eve say this is a hint they are setting things up for Sungji and Dawoon endgame.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Sungji can't bring herself to ask Dawoon to date, that means she hasn't moved on, the breakup hasn't hit her yet. Again, I don't think these two will go anywhere at all. Just fillers to help team blonde grow up.

Yeah I think recent events have been dragging everyone around, making people forget how obvious the Team Blonde ending was 20 chapters ago.

And Seju, god she look gorgeous. I can only hope for her to gtf away from Sumin and meet Dawoon at some point. Fed up with her being the one apologizing all the damn time.

If they can write a smooth transition into Seju x Dawoon, they really are the smoothest motherfuckers in manhwa town lol.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

If they can write a smooth transition into Seju x Dawoon, they really are the smoothest motherfuckers in manhwa town lol.

I would prefer Seju x Nami.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Lool at least that would make some sense. Seju just deserves more than a random person to throw at her so she doesn't completely get discarded just like that.

joined Nov 18, 2016

In Sumin x Seju convo in latest chapter, Seju commented that Sumin has never cried so much before with break ups and but she corrected Seju that she did and it was during the first one. And that was from their break up.(and yeah, we didn't get to see it lol) and from the start, I'm pretty sure that this is blackxblonde ending.xD

Note how I said "SEEN" --- and yeah, we all knew it but I guess a lot of people fooled themselves into hoping Sumin would reciprocate that Seju love she's been getting for 10 yrs

joined Nov 18, 2016

Lool at least that would make some sense. Seju just deserves more than a random person to throw at her so she doesn't completely get discarded just like that.

I don't agree with Nami because she is part of the Sumin circle. Seju needs to put miles between anything related to Sumin

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

I find this quite ironic though, in SungjixSumin, Sungji is the one who initiates almost everything, even their break up, in SuminxSeju, Sumin leads everything, even their first and final farewell :))) Role-reverse has never been better but when will I see Seju say "Let's break up", even better if it's in front of Sumin :))))) cuz that could be hella a scene :)))), we're too used to seeing a madly in love Seju so this scene I quite want to see even though it would never happen :))))
Anw, the best scenerio I could think of is Sungji after trying to date Dawoon, she realized she couldn't forget Sumin and come back to her then mend things together( 26 chapters, 1 faking dating week, totally possible) but let's be real, this would be the most anti-climatic ending ever :)))) even though I totally picture this ending now, like right effing now :))))) and where would Seju go with this ending? Die? Go to USA. The USA one is soooo cliche :)))))) Come on, let's just go with Sungji and Dawoon, they seem match well, more than Sumin, tbvh

both are anticlimatic, especially after we've switched to Sungji's POV now!!

joined Aug 18, 2015

Sumin asked to break up, she didn't want to. logically, with all the love and adding guilt she was carrying, when Sumin came back, she would totally accept it. Yes, it took two to tango, but Sumin was the lead in this, Seju's situation is quite passive :). Let's just say Seju is quite cowardice in love, she's afraid to lose Sumin, not like "cowards who couldn't end things properly". This one should be on Sumin more who hold on but never forgive :)

Seju should have ended her relationship with Sumin long ago. Seju didn't do so imo bc she didn't have the courage. there r times u gotta let things go even though u don't want to. the cheating caused the tear but that does not mean she has to carry that guilt for the rest of her life. there are also other things contributed to the break-up. it appears Seju is still Seju 10 years ago while Sumin isn't.

joined Mar 8, 2014

Sungji x Sumin flashbacks are breathing new life (or really breathing old life back) into this series for me. Though if anyone was really starting to doubt a Team Blonde ending, I think this chapter pretty much made it clear that they'll find a way back to each other by the end.

well said Dofu!! >:D

joined Oct 19, 2016

I dont care how the things going except seju ends up with sumin.
How the hell they can't to start over when everythings already clear and seju's father already make a plan for them.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Note how I said "SEEN" --- and yeah, we all knew it but I guess a lot of people fooled themselves into hoping Sumin would reciprocate that Seju love she's been getting for 10 yrs

Yeah, I know..xD well, people arespeculating that it could be the "twist" at the end where most readers would flip table while others would throw those confetto..xD and I'm the latter tbh haha

joined Dec 9, 2014

Yeah, I know..xD well, people arespeculating that it could be the "twist" at the end where most readers would flip table while others would throw those confetto..xD and I'm the latter tbh haha

I think all of the three characters are nice their own way. I just believe there is more substance between Seju and Sumin's relationship.
I think Sumin and Sungji are pretty different to work in the longterm. Besides, Dawoon seems to represent that Sungji could move on from Sumin. And I think, even if she is a healer type of person, she would end up being messed up near Sumin instead of helping her.
So far, the story is almost over, and there is not a "Dawoon" for Seju. She's always about Sumin.

joined Mar 8, 2014

Okay, I think I don't have many theories for today...
One thing, Sungji... seriously, find some other reason to like Sumin -.- I'm genuinely curious as to what the real reason is and we need more depth in her character. More about her childhood and her parents!! I need to knowww!! #_# Also I kinda feel like maybe there is a reason she liked Sumin but she hesitated to say it or more likely didn't know it... I think she might find out now and tell Sumin.
@MacySan
The flashbacks kinda do hint at them getting back together because they've been consistent. Dawoon's flashback was to let us know the backstory as well but Sungji's flashbacks don't have any other purpose other than showing us that Sungji is thinking of Sumin. Much like Sumin thought of Seju. At least I don't think Sumin and Seju have any chance.

Anyway I've mentioned it so many times but Seju doesn't even have enough screen time for her to actually end up with Sumin in the end; there isn't enough development. Plus the narrative doesn't seem to be going in that direction. If it was Sungji would have had less screen time from the beginning but instead she had kinda taken the protagonist role at the moment which kinda proves the point. The story isn't centred around Sumin's and Seju's tragic love story.
Also Sumin is showing signs of actually getting over Seju... she was upset when she realised she was gonna leave Seju forever when she actually loved her. But now that Sungji has left her she's absolutely devastated and I think it has been made clear right now that she doesn't have any intention of going back to Seju. Honestly I'm kind of glad Seju isn't acting like a psycho anymore but I hope she really gets it together and apologises to Sungji; she did something really bad to her after all. I don't have any intention of making Seju the bad guy but what she did was pretty low, especially considering that she knew Sungji would catch them. Also I think Sumin doesn't know that Seju did this, not that she'd have any right to be angry whatsoever but I think she'd think twice before going back to Seju after that.
I can't say that the story is doing a bad job at making people sympathise with Seju considering the things she's done because I see lots of people cheering on her but in general when a character steps so low usually things don't go their way and I think maybe this was purposely added in order to reinforce that (maybe not the best way) so that when Seju doesn't get Sumin it won't seem as "unfair". Of course that alone doesn't guarantee it but considering Sungji is a main character with more screen time on top of it I think it's pretty obvious.
In any case, there is a chance Seju might get Sumin at the very end in some way and Sungji might be able to let go of Sumin? (not be with Dawoon, there's no time for that). Possibly Sumin will end up with no one because she's a mess. Likely she will chase after Sungji.
I don't know why people say it's disappointing for her to end up with Sungji. Sungji has literally been the centre of Sumin's "present story-line". It will be disappointing if Sumin just goes after Sungji and they make up yeah. But I think Sungji is going to get some more development and maybe we'll find out why she loves Sumin so much. Like this is all over the place her loving Sumin just because of her looks; it's been mentioned so many times. There must be a reason. Perhaps it is connected to how everyone stared at Sungji as a child because she was pretty?
And I definitely have mentioned this before about how Sumin didn't exactly know Seju loved her all those years. She probably realised she had feelings for her but not the extent and also chose to oversee it because Seju never bothered to make a move and she just settled with being treated like a toy.
Also I still don't know how Sumin can end up with Seju without breaking the narrative -.- Think about it, why take time to develop a character like Sungji if she's just going to be irrelevant to the story and serve as a plot device? This isn't a big series with many parallel stories. There are side stories but generally there is a main narrative. If Sumin does indeed end up with Seju it better be without destroying the narrative. The middle of a story has to somehow be relative to the ending and work towards a goal; even though there can be plot twists but they have to be believable. How believable is it for Sumin to just go back to Seju now? After seeing her cry like this? It's as believable as Sungji forgiving her right away and having her get over Seju from one day to another after the cheating. Which means totally not believable. It would be believable if there was an open ending hinting towards Sumin getting back together with Seju.
Like honestly, can you think of a way for Sumin to end up with Seju that actually makes sense? I haven't seen anyone suggest a possible way this could happen. Have you thought about it? I keep thinking of scenarios but it would either break Sungji's character or make her irrelevant and most importantly break Sumin's character too.

okay lies. I had lots of theories...

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 12:14PM

joined Nov 2, 2016

I like blondes, i like blondy and brunette get together in the end... pinky is fine but i dont like her that much... dawoon... dawoon... dawoon ...well... huhhhhh! Sigh!

Dawoon is one hell of a hybrid lady! $he's rich, she owns a land (her family) and i think she can do a fifty shades of blah blahblah in bed with our dearest Sungji.

I wanna see a "super jealous mode Sumin" if she caught blondy and hybrid together and if that happens, i want to see a "hey brunette look what you are missing" on sungji's face.

Oh by the way Dawoon's hair is color gray... from now on im gonna call her 50 shades gray

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I think all of the three characters are nice their own way. I just believe there is more substance between Seju and Sumin's relationship.
I think Sumin and Sungji are pretty different to work in the longterm. Besides, Dawoon seems to represent that Sungji could move on from Sumin. And I think, even if she is a healer type of person, she would end up being messed up near Sumin instead of helping her.
So far, the story is almost over, and there is not a "Dawoon" for Seju. She's always about Sumin.

But there could be Seju and just Seju alone who's fully functional and happy with her life even without Sumin. <3
And I don't think the story or life in general is about judging "oh, these two are not meant to last" or "these two are too broken to be fix" etc etc but as long as people can work it out together, forgive and leave the past behind and learn from it, everything will be all right. I think that would be "healing". Where she's able to end up with either Sungji or Seju or none could be a possibility imo.

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 12:21PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

imo, the fact that Seju and Sumin reach the current state is because Seju never learned how to not command Sumin to talk to her when she's being sad.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I don't agree with Nami because she is part of the Sumin circle. Seju needs to put miles between anything related to Sumin

We can as well avoid seeing Seju fighting Camellia (or whatever her name is) in the future.

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

imo, the fact that Seju and Sumin reach the current state is because Seju never learned how to not command Sumin to talk to her when she's being sad.

Of course it is always Seju's fault lmao

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

Kinda of tired seeing the cast mope around and bitch about their exes most of the time. I get why Sumin doesn't want to get back with Seju but they seriously need to end things properly please or this story just going to keep going in circles.

joined Aug 29, 2015

I love WDTFS but I think the Seju x Sumin baiting is getting old. if Seju and Sumin are not going to end up together. please, just stop this charade already. first of all, I don't buy Sungji's break up woes cause even on times of distressed. she's as flat as it gets. Seju's interference felt like it was only a plot device to "deepen" Sumin and Sungji's relationship (than progress the story) which imo doesn't do anything to justify, why they should be the end couple. all their flashbacks only involves them flirting and flirting and flirting. . . . . . it only proves how shallow their relationship was, imo this is also like a cheap tactic by the author to insert "mushy" Sumin and Sungji scenes to please their shippers. I get the reason on why their pandering to them but how many times will do this? it's like every chapter we have this. I also found it funny that Sumin is more devastated than Sungji. when it supposed to be the other way around.

tbh, I'm kinda wishing to end this webtoon already. just to see the conclusion of Seju's story since the ambiguity of the ending of this webtoon is already down the drain. I have no doubt in my mind that Team Gaji will not take the risk of disappointing their loyal Sumin and Sungji shippers. so, there goes that "elusive" ending.

joined Nov 18, 2016

We can as well avoid seeing Seju fighting Camellia (or whatever her name is) in the future.

haha who???

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I don't think Sumin was crying that much over her breakup with Sungji alone, I think it's over her breakup with Sungji + those other 30 times.

Camellia is Dawoon's ex. And who knows, Dawoon might be her first love too, so she might one day show up, and say she couldn't forget Dawoon or something like that.

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 6:31PM

joined Dec 9, 2014

I love WDTFS but I think the Seju x Sumin baiting is getting old. if Seju and Sumin are not going to end up together. please, just stop this charade already. first of all, I don't buy Sungji's break up woes cause even on times of distressed. she's as flat as it gets. Seju's interference felt like it was only a plot device to "deepen" Sumin and Sungji's relationship (than progress the story) which imo doesn't do anything to justify, why they should be the end couple. all their flashbacks only involves them flirting and flirting and flirting. . . . . . it only proves how shallow their relationship was, imo this is also like a cheap tactic by the author to insert "mushy" Sumin and Sungji scenes to please their shippers. I get the reason on why their pandering to them but how many times will do this? it's like every chapter we have this. I also found it funny that Sumin is more devastated than Sungji. when it supposed to be the other way around.

tbh, I'm kinda wishing to end this webtoon already. just to see the conclusion of Seju's story since the ambiguity of the ending of this webtoon is already down the drain. I have no doubt in my mind that Team Gaji will not take the risk of disappointing their loyal Sumin and Sungji shippers. so, there goes that "elusive" ending.

I feel like this too. It's getting too much for Seju's pov. I mean, she has done all of this for nothing afterall. Not that she hasn't done any mistakes of course, but really her story is just very sad.
On the other hand, if they just dropped her parts the story would become less interesting imo. So I expect for this to be dragged until the very end.
But other times I wish they would just create some drama over Dawoon and Sungji, with Sumin being jealous and Seju just going away. So the bait would die already and everyone could move on, including the readers :P

Another thing, in drama love triangles, it's very common for the mc to not end up with anyone in the end. So I've been thinking if this might even apply here too.

joined Oct 9, 2016

Wow, alot of comments :). Imo, this particular chapter indicates that SuminxSeju is no end :). You would see with Seju, it's "I love you", with Sumin, it's been just "I loved you", past tense, always past tense. No matter how much I want a sample of a love which finally could be overcome all the mess, emotional tortures, cheating to be together, the author seems to be in other couple's favor more :)
And talk about SuminxSungji, alot of you seem to think the flashbacks are to prove to the readers how strong their relationship is? But in this particular chapter and even the previous one, all I can see is how Sungji is so obsessed with Sumin, all the actions, affections, and it also seems to appear to be quite a young, innocent love, you know, the first where we feel gigdy all the time with your crush, want to spend all the time with them, steal glances at them.... which are everything Sumin is not. This is why I said Sungji and Sumin are so different, the flashbacks even make it worse, the worst would be comparisons in Sungji's head between Dawoon and Sumin, Sumin is old, experienced... But yeah, if they really endgame in author's mind, we could say differences will be good to compensate one another and telling readers that they are different that's why they work out and comparisons make Sungji realizes she loves Sumin more :))))))
I'll stick with all three go on their separate ways is the best ending at the moment, none of the couples feels right :)(oh, I'm talking about main couples, DawoonxSungji is ok, they're cute and match well, in other circumtances, I might think they have chances to be together in the end) and I hope the author won't go for one couple just becuz their shippers want it :).

To reply you must either login or sign up.