Forum › Netsuzou Trap discussion

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I think it will too, I hope it will :<
It'd be a huge letdown, if it turned out to be some cruel form of queerbaiting, if Yuma uses her potentially "bad experiences with Hotaru" to form solid relationships with men afterwards, or some shit
I think a good number of ppl liked Renai Manga. As for me, I generally liked Kodama's one shots and Moratorium, which I found very intriguing and symbolic. Aside from Renai Manga and maybe some one shots, seems like she enjoys aiming for the dark

I do enjoy your new pic lmao

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 11:32PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ I think at this moment, we are safe from that ever becoming a possibility; especially when Yuma was the one that kissed Hotaru first this time, not to mention this is likely the start of her coming to terms that she loves Hotaru too

Still, let's hope for the manga to deliver a satisfying yuri ending.

ah, the burning desire of wanting a pairing to be together and the suffocating dread of knowing that things might not end up that way...it all feels so surreal.

last edited at Nov 16, 2016 1:28AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

The more I think about it, the more I'm wondering just how exactly are they going to animate this and give it a proper conclusion, unless Kodama Naoko herself is overseeing the series composition and thus making the ending something that is closer to what she envisions for the series in general.

Hopefully this will be the case when the Jan 2017 issue of Yuri Hime releases the anime details.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Looks like japan likes these soap opera trash yuri.

Oddly enough theres been actual yuri (not talkin about em nothings-subtext animes) stuff popping out lately, be it in anime and visual novels and games.

We got Dragon Maid Yuri next season too, along with a Het-Yuri soap opera.
And some visual novels incoming, most notable the Sono Hanabira New Gen.

maybe... maybe we will get some good stuff once this propels hard enough... cuz anime yuri has been fairly shit.

last edited at Nov 16, 2016 4:46AM

Tumblr_ogrev97nel1tx2rdco1_250
joined Nov 10, 2016

So this is the manga that everyone has been discussing about. Doesn't look like what I would read but it sounds fascinating and unique. Hope everyone gets to enjoy the anime when it comes out.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

So Kodama Naoko just posted this pic on Twitter today promoting the release of Vol 3 this week.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

The nsfw art from the sex scenes in the VN Kindred Spirits on the Roof weren't male gazey.
Hmm, this doesn't seem male gazey XD

This one seems like NTR fanservice to me to be honest. I don't know, maybe you say ti for NTR because of the boob touching in the covers? :P Because the rest is pretty regular.
Anyway, even if this is intended for male audiences mostly, I think most female readers will also like it. So it doesn't matter

this one maybe? You don't have to read it btw, just.. skim maybe, at best.

Yeah, I think this types are more hentai-sh and to me not aesthetically appealing. Especially these weird crotch openings

I heard that it was cus they liked the girls' relationships in the show. Honestly, I really liked Valkyrie Drive, regardless of the fanservice. Fanservice, male gazey or not, isn't necessarily a bad thing for me, I wouldn't dismiss something just cus it has fanservice. VD's were pretty extreme actually, but I still enjoyed other aspects of it, with the occasional/frequent cringe at the breasts, but I still enjoyed it.

I watched itfor the relationships too lol. Not a fan of this type of fanservice, but it doesn't stop me when the rest is good.

I was just commenting on Ntrap's. Its fanservice isn't a bad thing, it wouldn't stop me from reading it, but I just couldn't help but notice the way the girls are usually presented, that's all. It certainly matches the premises I guess? People reading it aren't people who absolutely want/seek to read about healthy relationships. NTrap is erotic, it's dramatic, it's exciting I guess? It fits.

Yeah I guess if you see it from this perspective it makes sense. But personally I always thought NTR was pretty tame to its fanservice. Maybe Hotaru's border assaulting character makes it seem more like it? Instead of the nudity only

last edited at Nov 16, 2016 7:13AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Perhaps it's bias from having a preconception of the series before reading, but I didn't really notice how the earlier chapters were done badly. Though I do agree that subsequent chapters did a really great job detailing Hotaru's real feelings with the reveal that she only started dating guys because she felt that she was being a burden to Yuma's popularity and how her self-destructive tendancies were likely due to her feeling that she doesn't deserve to be with Yuma openly as her girlfriend.

I think part of the reason some people hate NTR is because they have only read the first chapters and then dropped it. It was one chaptter every two months, so imagine reading the first 6 chapters in the period of one year.
In the beggining Hotaru seems like she sexually assaults Yuma, and is trying to screw Yuma's relationship.
I first read NTR in March, and it was around chapter 7. Admitedly I dropped it because I thought it was too much. But after a while I happened to check it again out of curiosity, and it was when Hotaru showed remorse and starting showing another side of herself. So I found this character interesting.

This might probably be just my own speculation, but it seems like whenever Hotaru gets close to Yuma but the latter backs away, she ends up throwing herself into another self-destructive activity, almost as if she feels guilty or wrong for her advances towards Yuma. The amount of internalized hatred that Hotaru has for herself due to her feelings for Yuma makes her character so compelling to follow; she wants to be with Yuma, but the latter's responses is making her hate herself even more for having such feelings.

I wonder if we will ever get a chapter explaining Hotaru's background and why she is self destructive, as well as manipulative. We know she only lives with her father who is usually off to work. It's highly likely she doesn't talk with her mother, or she is even dead.
I think they should give us some more background stories in the anime. It will make the characters more relatable and sympathetic. Also will give more episodes.

Also, having read some other Kodama works (my second favorite is Cocytus) it seems like Yuma will start showing yandere tendencies from now on. It's how Kodama works. She makes the characters fall too deep. Maybe even Takeda will start changing after he finds out about Yuma and Hotaru.
Either way, if the ending is happy and none of them actually gets into trouble, I think the angsty trip will be interesting.

last edited at Nov 16, 2016 7:37AM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Looks like japan likes these soap opera trash yuri.

maybe... maybe we will get some good stuff once this propels hard enough... cuz anime yuri has been fairly shit.

This <3
I second this so much.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

I first read NTR in March, and it was around chapter 7. Admitedly I dropped it because I thought it was too much. But after a while I happened to check it again out of curiosity, and it was when Hotaru showed remorse and starting showing another side of herself. So I found this character interesting.

Ah, I see. I guess I can understand where you were initially coming from in this regard.

I wonder if we will ever get a chapter explaining Hotaru's background and why she is self destructive, as well as manipulative. We know she only lives with her father who is usually off to work. It's highly likely she doesn't talk with her mother, or she is even dead.
I think they should give us some more background stories in the anime. It will make the characters more relatable and sympathetic. Also will give more episodes.

It's likely that we will get a bit more backstory for Hotaru when Volume 3 is released and translated, there's is so much depth in her character and her actions that I doubt things will just be left at this stage.

Also, having read some other Kodama works (my second favorite is Cocytus) it seems like Yuma will start showing yandere tendencies from now on. It's how Kodama works

Not going to lie, I will be highly interested in this development if it does happen, considering I am a huge fan of yanderes and the everything that they metaphorically represent; it'll really add some, spice, if you will into the story and make the relationship between Yuma and Hotaru a lot more multi-dimensional. I mean, at the moment we've only seen Hotaru's side of the equation and how she handles her feelings for Yuma, seeing Yuma handle her fear of Hotaru leaving her side will add another layer to things imo.

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Definitely seeing the start of some yandere-like trains of thought coming from Yuma. If it does go down that route, I'll probably drop it again; this was me giving the series a second chance.

Don't get me wrong, I love yandere stories. Mirai Nikki's Yuno is wonderfully done and over the top to the point where I love it. But I usually only like it when it's done well and has a place in the story; here it just kind of seems forced and just added is as another ~drama element~. I'd much prefer a remorseful Yuma to a yandere one, but that's just my opinion.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Don't know if it's hoax or not, but here is what seems to be the first trailer of Netsuzou Trap.

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

I dont care much for Citrus (although I still read it) but this stories getting anew anime? I think that's pretty great. I'm one of the few people who actually really likes this story and can take wait.
I don't think a yuri mangaka who always does yuri would do a het end, but we'll see. Either way it'll be interesting. ;p

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I don't think a yuri mangaka who always does yuri would do a het end, but we'll see.

Eh, I wouldn't call her a yuri mangaka, she does straight [smutty] stuff too, tho a large portion (majority?) is yuri. Her arsenal is quite diverse, I'd say.

last edited at Nov 17, 2016 2:58AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Looking at the covers of her works, they seem to pretty much say what the series is about; if anything, that should provide some solace that the manga will not have a Het end. Imo anyways.

last edited at Nov 17, 2016 4:17AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

It's pretty obvious this won't have a het end. It's a manga on Yuri Hime, after all. It could be a bad end, but not het end.
Just look what happened to Yuri Danshi because there was too much het in the story. Mebae is pretty much dead because they made a het ending in one of their one shots too.

last edited at Nov 17, 2016 7:06AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ What you said gives solace and new worry, let us hope Kodama won't turn this story into a Tragedy.

But honestly speaking I believe that this will end happily for Hotaru and Yuma; probably naivete hope but I just don't see this ending negatively when they have such chemistry together.

last edited at Nov 17, 2016 7:00AM

joined Dec 9, 2014

It's pretty obvious this won't have a het end. It's a manga on Yuri Hime, after all. It could be a bad end, but not het end.

This. What I'm worried more is not the ending, it's whether the drama will go out of hand at some point. So far it's fine, but I don't know what will happen with Fujiwara's photos and Takeda. I don't want to see them being outed in front o the whole school or Fujiwara uploading them on a site or something.

Eh, I wouldn't call her a yuri mangaka, she does straight [smutty] stuff too, tho a large portion (majority?) is yuri. Her arsenal is quite diverse, I'd say.

It's interesting to note, if you check the ratings on NTR you'll see the majority of votes are either 1/10 or 10/10. There is also 7/10. They are extreme reactions, so this shows NTR is something that leaves an impression, whether good or bad.

It reminds me, in a documentary about what type of woman was considered the most attractive. They had a conventionally pretty woman and another who was more "in the eye of the beholder" type of attractive, let's say.
The second one won against the first, because the reactions she was causing were extreme. Some people were giving her really high ratings, while others really low.
Meawhile, the first one was getting steadily fine ratings from everyone.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Are you sure your avatar shouldn't be Junko instead, MacySan? ^ _ ^"

It's interesting to note, if you check the ratings on NTR you'll see the majority of votes are either 1/10 or 10/10. There is also 7/10. They are extreme reactions, so this shows NTR is something that leaves an impression, whether good or bad.

This is something that I've noticed even here tbh, it's quite a polarizing manga for ppl reading it. Still, impressionable is better than being forgettable, in a way.

I've been posting so much in this thread (relatively) since I read the manga, I'm pretty much enamoured by it at this point.

last edited at Nov 17, 2016 7:36AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

^ What you said gives solace and new worry, let us hope Kodama won't turn this story into a Tragedy.

But honestly speaking I believe that this will end happily for Hotaru and Yuma; probably naivete hope but I just don't see this ending negatively when they have such chemistry together.

I'm almost sure it will have a happy ending. Kodama likes drama a lot, but she seems to like happy endings too. Or at least endings where the girls end up together. Also, this has three volumes already. Making fans so invested in the story and not giving any pay off in the end is not a good idea. Most bad endings in romance stories happens when it has one or two volumes only.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

All the signs are pointing to a Yuma x Hotaru end, in my opinion. Yuma's starting to understand her own feelings and she's probably the only one who can "fix" Hotaru's behavior, so to speak. Fujiwara's really only there to cause a whole bunch of havoc and Takeda seems to be the key figure to helping Yuma find out what she really wants.

I can only imagine that the manga will end with either a Yuma x Hotaru pairing or perhaps they'll go their separate ways on good terms or something.

Also, it should be noted that the two series that are being animated both have to do with breaking taboos. I wonder why they chose to animate this theme in particular.

last edited at Nov 17, 2016 7:20AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Also, it should be noted that the two series that are being animated both have to do with breaking taboos. I wonder why they chose to animate this theme in particular.

It has nothing to do with theme. They're just the best selling series in the magazine after YrYr. In fact, had it been done last year, maybe we would get a Yuri Danshi anime instead of NTR.
I don't think it would be better received.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

It has nothing to do with theme. They're just the best selling series in the magazine after YrYr. In fact, had it been done last year, maybe we would get a Yuri Danshi anime instead of NTR.

Ahh, is that so? My bad then. In that case, it seems like the readers are really thirsty for drama, LOL.

joined Dec 9, 2014

^ Are you sure your avatar shouldn't be Junko instead, MacySan? ^ _ ^"

Hahah why do you say that? xD I actually don't like her :P I like antagonist characters, but when they are also relatable and have a good side to them too. Junko is just pure evil and crazy.

This is something that I've noticed even here tbh, it's quite a polarizing manga for ppl reading it. Still, impressionable is better than being forgettable, in a way.

They say negative advertisment is good too. Bad impressions are better than something being forgetable.

Hmm I was wondering if people in Japan started asking for more yuri. This season we had a lot of subtext yuri,so these shows might also be an experiment to see if the audiences are interested in this type of genre.

joined Dec 9, 2014

I'm not sure. Yuru Yuri is not very yuri imo. It's more of the "adolescence" type of yuri imo. And people like to see cute girls doing cute stuff without the fear their waifus will be stolen from a male character

To reply you must either login or sign up.