Forum › Of Course I Know How to Use the Public Bath! discussion

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

BAM! Lmao that credit page xD

Whale
joined Mar 1, 2013

"Every Friday, we all take a bath" This hit my spot.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

That tag!

joined Jul 26, 2016

Well it's not wrong...

9bdd23b1-1e6c-4540-bdac-7a7a8d9c3658
joined Jan 19, 2014

Dicks on page 8 XDDD noooo stop it was kid you really don't have too ahahahaha

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I guess we should probably think of an alternative that's less implicative of het, but I get the feeling "baby dick on page 8" wouldn't go down very well.

14915368_1172336386135605_5691270681747934628_n
joined Nov 6, 2016

when I saw that tag, I spurt my drink then i was like WTF
then i check it immediately... sigh

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

If people here weren't so sensitive, we wouldn't need those dick tags in the first place. Also great read xD

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

^I don't really think it has to do with 'sensitivity' though. Some people just don't like dicks in their yuri, and I personally think its nice to have those kinds of warnings.

joined Mar 5, 2016

I guess we should probably think of an alternative that's less implicative of het, but I get the feeling "baby dick on page 8" wouldn't go down very well.

aint no tag for baby weiner

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

mint-leaf posted:

^I don't really think it has to do with 'sensitivity' though. Some people just don't like dicks in their yuri, and I personally think its nice to have those kinds of warnings.

That is exactly what I'm talking about. I don't like dicks either, but some hate them so much they can't even handle seeing them once at 1 page and go all angry if they weren't warned. The length people go to wanting to keep yuri pure and not even having male characters in it, cos it by default pollutes yuri is getting ridiculous in some cases.

Gudako%20profile
joined Nov 9, 2015

But he's just a child, Maki-chan.

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 12:37PM

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

Does that even count as dick? Oh come on Makki~

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 1:02PM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I was debating on whether to tag it or not. It's pretty silly.

lmao

Dia%20mezashi
joined Dec 5, 2014

The "Dicks on page X" tags always make me laugh, all the more so when it's a joke.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

fair enuff

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

As always Dynasty scans have the best tags

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

If people here weren't so sensitive, we wouldn't need those dick tags in the first place.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

This story made me legitimately uncomfortable. No not because of the kid that was just silly, but because if I had had to do this when I was a small child, I would have been traumatized.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This story made me legitimately uncomfortable. No not because of the kid that was just silly, but because if I had had to do this when I was a small child, I would have been traumatized.

It's possible you would have, but when I lived there, lots of people did that and it wasn't traumatizing at all for the kids, that I could see. Yes, Japanese kids, for whatever reason, are more prone to painful shyness, but somehow that didn't translate to trauma. I mostly didn't go to bath places where it was all ages and with kids on both the men's and women's sides - as the doujin says, mostly the women's side - nor did I mostly go to mixed bath houses, but I did go to some. The attitude and atmosphere were very friendly - I would compare it to sauna culture in Russia or Finland.

In this case, I would guess Niko just said "Don't worry Kotarou, Maki is not used to baths and was just being silly," and that would be that, Kotarou is so young he's got no attention span.

Source: I lived for years in rural Japan.

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 7:25PM

joined Jul 26, 2014

Why would this traumatize you? Getting naked around your family members should be normal, it helps you get more comfortable around them.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I was debating on whether to tag it or not. It's pretty silly.

Here's the thing - this is already a funny doujin. You tagged it and made it funnier. Therefore, it was brilliant.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Why would this traumatize you? Getting naked around your family members should be normal, it helps you get more comfortable around them.

But see the author's note: he says he was comfortable around his family, but when he went on the men's side with three relatives as a youngster and saw his classmates he was very uncomfortable.

So in a way he agrees with the commenter. above. Nonetheless on balance he says it was a good experience. I share that opinion though i was in my 20s when I started occasionally using public baths for various reasons in Japan.

On Edit: I thought it might be a pseudonym but Baka-updates, which is usually very good on this stuff, says Sakurai Makoto is, indeed, a male.

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 7:34PM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

"Traumatize" was a poor choice of words, I apologize (My mom throws that term around a lot). I mean when I was a young child I would have found being naked in a public facility, especially around people of the opposite sex, extremely embarrassing. What lowkey freaked me out was the author's note because I assumed he was female.

joined Jul 26, 2014

But see the author's note: he says he was comfortable around his family, but when he went on the men's side with three relatives as a youngster and saw his classmates he was very uncomfortable.

So in a way he agrees with the commenter. above. Nonetheless on balance he says it was a good experience. I share that opinion though i was in my 20s when I started occasionally using public baths for various reasons in Japan.

On Edit: I thought it might be a pseudonym but Baka-updates, which is usually very good on this stuff, says Sakurai Makoto is, indeed, a male.

I suppose that makes sense. It's a bit hypocritical of me to say that too, since I'm too shy to even change around other women.

I can imagine that since Cotarou is so used to being around girls all the time and even comfortable enough to be naked around them, he'll probably have an easier time with the ladies when he gets older. Or maybe Nico ended up rubbing off all her gayness to her siblings, who knows.

To reply you must either login or sign up.