Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I don't like wdtfs as much as I did before. Have they changed the writer or something? :'(

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

This story should change its title to "What the Fuck is Happening?".
I have faith in Sungji. She's not going to go through with it.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

oh my god, so true... I hope this is just to explore Sungji's character because if it turns out otherwise I wouldn't call it good writing I think...
And omg Sungji's dark side... the things that happened between her Dawoon are questionable and her behavior is as well. I think she likes Dawoon's attention and she finds her attractive but doesn't feel a spark with her and that's why she didn't reject her back then? It's likely that it's not going to be bad writing though because I remember Sungji mentioning she had been confessed to by a girl before and it was strangely glossed over, but in essence it means that Dawoon's appearance could've been premeditated.
Also did you notice that even though Sungji is one of the main characters right now the narrative seems to have Dawoon as the protagonist? They totally keep Sungji being a mystery on purpose, it's mindblowing how they wanted to show things about her past while still having her remain mysterious so they used Dawoon.
But judging from previous chapters I think Sungji's answers is going to be somewhere along the lines that she could but she won't because she doesn't think it's a good idea.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Dawoon's ex gf looks like a dark skinned version of Sungji. Also Sungji not answering to Dawoon's confession back then, reminded me a bit of Sumin keeping Seju around all these years too.

joined Aug 18, 2015

I think Sungji didn't answer probably bc she wasn't sure of her feelings, or bc she didn't want to hurt her childhood friend. hoping Sungji will say something like 'I am sorry I can't. I am in love with someone else. It wouldn't be fair to you..' though it's worrisome seeing Sungji got flutters while she was talking with Dawoon. If Sungji slept with Dawoon, then they should change the story from healing to cheating & revenge.

carefullycraftedchaos
joined Nov 18, 2015

So we learned this chapter that Sungji is capable of lying after all, and lying in such away that she can toy with people's feelings. The expressions that Sungji showed when she lies to Dawoon is not something we've seen prior to the third act, so I'm wondering if this manipulative side came from getting hurt by Sumin or did Sungji have it in her all this time. Also in the flashback where Dawoon said goodbye to Sungji it almost looked like she kissed her, so I wonder if Sungji lied to Sumin about never kissing before. The more the author reveals about Sungji, the more questions I have about her.

Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

This story should change its title to "What the Fuck is Happening?".

I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.

(But in all seriousness, I'm having a Fruits basket war flashback.)

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I do not have faith in this new Sungji.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Say Yes Sungji! Just do it!

Let the manager realize how much it hurts to cheat on someone and have the sweet tadte of revenge!

Just say yes! Dammit!

joined Oct 19, 2016

I think it would be best for sungji to be with dawoon rather than sumin. And from what i seeeeeee (if my insting correct) sungji have a feeling for dawoon all this time. But there's still so many mystery of their past for now and i cant wait to know it.

Sungji always geting flashback of the moment when she with sumin i think that was normal, not like when sumin getting a flashback of seju when she is with sungji.

I cant think how sungji and sumin will work out without seju getting marriage or die in the end. But now dawoon comes and i think this is the best way to make every character have a happy and healing story. Sungji gonna forgive sumin but not to be together anymore, and sumin forgive seju too. Maybe 'healing' means for them to forgive each other.

Sungji end up with dawoon and sumin with seju. Well typical korean drama and for me its not a bad thing to turn it that way. i am #teampink and i dont want to see seju died or getting married or ended up with nami.

Happy%20happy%20sad
joined Feb 10, 2016

My opinion

Isn't this whole story based off of Sumin after she get's cheated on by Seju for being depressed after the death of her parents? I don't think Sumin would learn her lesson if Sungji cheats on her. In fact, it'd probably turn Sungji into Sumin 2.0. She would then become as 'void of emotions'/love averse as Sumin, hook up with Sumin and other women and be haunted by the sight of Sumin and Seju together. She'd hold this over Sumin's head. Where's the healing in that scenario? The only way this healing thing works best is if Sungji dumps Sumin, accepts what had happenned, moves on and dates Dawoon her possible high school crush(?)

All in all, I'm glad they finally decided to give us more about Sungji's past through Dawoon. I knew she wasn't a one dimensional character from maybe chapter 7 on.

No lie, she did come off like a total Betty Sue (perfect character) at the beginning but it kind of changed for me especially when they mentioned in one of the earlier chapters that there was a possible rumor about Sungji being into women or other 'weird shit' from back in high school see chapter 7 .

Also, when Sungji cried(?)/ got really anxious when Sumin was making moves on her in the early on without them being in a full blown relationship (she wanted to make sure that they both loved each other to some degree).

Heck even when they first slept together, Sungji was kinda panicking and wanting to see Sumin's face during sex just to feel safe showed that there was a lot more to her than her looks and her normally boring dialogue.

From the looks of it, her relationship of being pretty direct with Sumin (like telling Sumin she likes her, etc) came from learning her lesson with being indecisive with Dawoon when she was confessed to...)

Anyway, just wanted to express my opinion and I can't wait for the next chapter

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

How would it heal if Sumin dumped Seju because of her own false belief in the impossibility of their relationship restoration while they, in fact, had never even once tried to, and moved on with Sungji whose real personality and past lovestory were all doubtful?

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

At this point I think we should forget about the healling. This Dawoon thing makes Sungji and Sumin's relationship even more messed up tbh. Why if they want them to end up together they have to start off like that?
It makes me think that maybe they won't end up together in the end. Especially now that Dawoon gets a bit of solid backstory, besides being a faceless girl who used to have a crush on Sungji in highschool.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

It doesn't seem like Team Gaji only wants to make Dawoon alone have an unreciprocated love for Sungji at all, they apparently are turning it into a mutual love. Maybe it really is not Sumin x Sungji. If there will be no healing, please stop complicating things, author-nim.

One question: What pieces of evidence did we based on for saying that Sungji loved Sumin unconditionally? I really don't remember why I also agreed with that. ???

last edited at Oct 21, 2016 3:38AM

joined Mar 27, 2016

The last chapter I read was 'things have changed' after Sumin was caught cheating with Seju on Sungi. I hate the be one of those people... but I have no idea what chapter that was, I just read chapter 61 and I am completely lost. WHAT is going on and what chapter was that?!?!?! What the heckkkkkk.............?

So much for being resigned to complete predictability I guess?

last edited at Oct 26, 2016 7:59PM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Sungji POV.
She is the protagonist right now ^-^
I knew it, Sungji is not as innocent or perfect. She's seeing Dawoon and good for her. She can't forgive Sumin at this point... I think in the end she will though. And OMG she kissed Dawoon, I didn't except that. We saw lots of her thought bubbles... it seems like she's always thinking and she's confused. I totally understand her... it's normal to be like this when someone cheats on you I think and all the more when you have seen the action. Honestly Dawoon is giving her the attention Sumin never gave her and is fighting for her and Sumin is doing nothing. So unless Sumin does something Sungji is not gonna be forgiving her. Haha, but I guess Sungji is kinda cheating on Sumin now haha, though she blatantly suggested she was when she told Sumin in was a friend that liked her!!!
Anyway I'm so hyped! I always liked Sungji! Finally we get to see her! And honestly Seju -.- gets a bit on my nerves lately but I want to know what's gonna happen with her because she can't just disappear from the story like that... I think Sumin kind of unconsciously decided on Sungji though for good... too late...

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Oh, Sumin and Seju have made up already.

joined Oct 19, 2016

Finally after 62 chapters we can know what sungji's thought.... Her heart fluttered when dawoon grab her, well this is maybe a good sign but we need more flashback of them to make it looks like mutual between sunji and dawoon. Because for now i only see that sungji is lonely and she just need someone to statisfy her.

I think sumin should make a decision right now.... If she really want to be with sungji, she should make a move before sungji deciding things and it becomes too late (in the last panel she left the ring in the table). But i never thought of sumin loves sungji tthat much until she got caught. Well, maybe seju should go with sumin to japan and make it an end game....

last edited at Oct 28, 2016 10:45AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Sumin falls in love with a japanese girl during her trip to japan, meanwhile, Seju develops a romantic feeling for a hot new team leader, and Sungji dates Dawoon.

joined Oct 9, 2016

Don't you find it weird that Sumin and Seju are now back in talking term again like nothing happened? If I were Sumin, I would never forgive that easily no matter what. That's the norm and wdtfs is going against any logic facts I've known for entire life! This is very supicious, really
As for Sungji, I do think the author is making her go through exactly the same phase Sumin did 10 years ago, seeking for comfort although in the back of her mind, there is still Sumin somewhere, however, Sungji's case is more serious since it's Dawoon, who she might have feelings more than just friends. The same goes for Sumin, she's in Seju's shoes way backkkk then. Pain, hurt, everything and probably want to stop Sungji but doesn't have the right to :))))), which was exactly what Seju did, just that Sumin is not as evil or messed up like Seju
Sungji and Dawoon's relationship seems normal and quite ambiguous :), but at least it's not awkward. Sumin and Seju are the problem, they're acting like nothing has happened AGAIN, which is super not normal. Seju is back as a cold, indifferent and hella sexy =)))) right after she told she would win Sumin back. I don't get the Seju x Sumin's relationship at all

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I feel like Sungji is more human when she's with Dawoon. She's more her self, if that makes sense. Also in my opinion, Sungji x Dawoon has more chemistry then Sungji x Sumin. Also, it's nice to see more about Sungji after all this time. That aside, Sungji is starting to grow a little weary now. She likes the attention Dawoon gives her, and that's something to worry about. If Sumin doesn't try to fight for her now, she might lose her.
I want to know what they will make Seju do now. When the third arc started, they made it look like she's going to go all out to get Sumin back, but now she's in good terms with Sumin again (??) and not doing anything, yet. But that smile, it's like she's up to something, and that something can't be good. I hope I'm wrong. ;;;

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I want to know what they will make Seju do now. When the third arc started, they made it look like she's going to go all out to get Sumin back, but now she's in good terms with Sumin again (??) and not doing anything, yet.

Same for Sungji. She said "things have changed.", but thus far she hasn't done anything.

joined Aug 18, 2015

I feel like Sungji is more human when she's with Dawoon. She's more her self, if that makes sense. Also in my opinion, Sungji x Dawoon has more chemistry then Sungji x Sumin. Also, it's nice to see more about Sungji after all this time. That aside, Sungji is starting to grow a little weary now. She likes the attention Dawoon gives her, and that's something to worry about. If Sumin doesn't try to fight for her now, she might lose her

I think Sungji is more more comfortable with Dawoon bc they are childhood friends. no expectations...the pressure isnt there. Sungji will need to find out the meaning of her feelings for Dawoon soon. I don't expect Sungji to forgive Sumin anytime soon. Sumin's relationship with Seju still have not been resolved. there is no romance left in that relationship.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Sumin's relationship with Seju still have not been resolved. there is no romance left in that relationship.

Not quite sure. It seems Sumin has already decided to leave to US with Seju.

joined Aug 18, 2015

Sumin's relationship with Seju still have not been resolved. there is no romance left in that relationship.

Not quite sure. It seems Sumin has already decided to leave to US with Seju.

I too think Sumin is going to leave with Seju but I doubt it's out of love. Sumin is not going to fight for Sungji bc she is in no position to do so.

To reply you must either login or sign up.