Forum › Miracle discussion

joined Jun 30, 2016

So are this all Alice´s dreams? this give me the bad feel that Marisa is no longer there and Alice is taking those pills so at least she can dream of her... i just hope this is just my speculation.

last edited at Oct 15, 2016 12:58PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Did Alice make a doll that looked like Marisa after she passed away? That's why the doll gets called her name and doesn't understand why Alice's so hurt when being with her

[misha%20(hoongju)]%2001
joined Jul 19, 2015

Did Alice make a doll that looked like Marisa after she passed away? That's why the doll gets called her name and doesn't understand why Alice's so hurt when being with her

That's what I was thinking but, i thought it was Alice somehow almost killed Marisa and the only way Alice could save Marisa was by 'moving' her soul(I guess?) Into a doll, but never explained that to marisa.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

^
It's always a pleasant surprise when you get a notification, can't remember why you subscribed to the author and then go back, check their stuff and see why you did.

e: though I can't really claim to have missed them when I had forgotten about them.

last edited at Oct 15, 2016 2:42PM

Etqyggh6mxyi1klo3fwjrwrwicpboh
joined Feb 7, 2015

Drama tag?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Well that was kinda unclear and difficult to understand. It felt a lot more like a series of very loosely related shorts than one cohesive story.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

this kind of introspective, confusing, marisa x alice romance angst, never get old for me

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

This was... well.... I don't know. I don't get this story even one tiny bit.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Essentially a collection of short-stories that isn't marked as such. Kind of irritating! Particularly with those dream pills suggesting there might be something deeper going on (which is never brought up again)

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Short and sweet stories (With some drama here and there). It can be a bit confusing since it doesn't warn you about it but, in general, I liked what I read here

joined Sep 8, 2014

Don't worry Alice. Marisa is one who find way for life extension technique or even possible to become magician-yokai in the future, reference from canon.

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

In canon, she'll become youkai so let's say this will end good.. I don't want to think like Marisa dies(enough of this story)

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

the drama between life span marixalice are never old

last edited at Oct 16, 2016 7:48AM

Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

Yeah, this a bunch of unrelated stories, which kinda confused me as well as I was translating it.

For those who are confused about the story starting at page 26, like people have pointed out, it really is suggested that it's not the real Marisa but a doll probably created to replace her (one can guess Marisa has passed away).

In page 26, she says 'you were always kind to me since the start', which goes against what Marisa says before in one of the previous shorts about Alice being the kind of person who would use her. So, we can assume that if she did transfer Marisa's soul to the doll, that she has no memories of who she used to be. Either that, or even sadder, that's only a sentient doll whose only connection with Marisa was having her name and being treated as if she was her.

That aside, I messed up on the translation of a particular bit on page 28.
It should be: "You always told me everything, but there was only one thing you wouldn't tell me till the end". My apologies for that, I shall atone for that by translating more MariAli doujinshi :'D
I'll contact the mods to please change the page to the fixed version once I have it.

last edited at Oct 16, 2016 12:44PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

For those who are confused about the story starting at page 26, like people have pointed out, it really is suggested that it's not the real Marisa but a doll probably created to replace her (one can guess Marisa has passed away).

In page 26, she says 'you were always kind to me since the start', which goes against what Marisa says before in one of the previous shorts about Alice being the kind of person who would use her. So, we can assume that if she did transfer Marisa's soul to the doll, that she has no memories of who she used to be. Either that, or even sadder, that's only a sentient doll whose only connection with Marisa was having her name and being treated as if she was her.

Of course, that scene itself may simply be a dream in the present, reflecting Alice's present insecurities. The fact that the Butterfly's Dream pills are highlighted early on suggests ambiguity as to whether anything that follows is real or not. It may be that the "present" is where she's created a Marisa doll and the other scenes are distant memories, but it equally may be that the "present" is where Alice is worried about various scenarios relating to loving Marisa and her worries are reflected in the dream.

Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

Of course, that scene itself may simply be a dream in the present, reflecting Alice's present insecurities. The fact that the Butterfly's Dream pills are highlighted early on suggests ambiguity as to whether anything that follows is real or not. It may be that the "present" is where she's created a Marisa doll and the other scenes are distant memories, but it equally may be that the "present" is where Alice is worried about various scenarios relating to loving Marisa and her worries are reflected in the dream.

Well, according to Mitsunara, they are small anecdotes that he'd be happy if the readers considered them to be one complete story. According to him he also expected people to be able to tell they were short stories even if he didn't add titles to them but he was still worried people wouldn't get it.

Taking into consideration he wanted it to be a big story, let's all just assume those were Alice's dreams, and the last story is actually the present and the follow up to her telling Marisa about her worries.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i was reading some of the comments: is it true that in the canon marisa became a yokai? isn't she the "human magician" anymore ?

joined Sep 8, 2014

i was reading some of the comments: is it true that in the canon marisa became a yokai? isn't she the "human magician" anymore ?

Just "possible" that Marisa may become magician-yokai in future. It mention in PMISS in her profile that tell by Akyuu (https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Perfect_Memento_in_Strict_Sense/Marisa_Kirisame)
and her character detail in Strange Creators of Outer World (https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Strange_Creators_of_Outer_World/Who%27s_Who_of_Humans_%26_Youkai_in_Gensokyo/Marisa_Kirisame). In current state, she is human magician.

Qbe6q6nw4kw
joined Oct 17, 2016

Another AliMari drama/angst story~ Let's gooooooo...

6d773abd5093e0f04807bae3fb796be4cee752bf
joined Mar 27, 2015

I reject any dramatic reality and substitute my on. All things even remotely sad were bad dreams so Alice used the Butterfly's Dream pills to make sure she didn't have to put up with them. MariAli lived happily ever after.

To reply you must either login or sign up.