Forum › Strange Babies discussion

joined Jan 26, 2016

I hope Yagi being dense isn't everything this story has to offer. I'm really trying hard to remember if she has any redeeming quality to make up for it. It seems a bit far fetched, what with the first chapter and everything.

She has a pretty cool goat mask. That's a character trait, right?

Maybe it's because the first chapter was written as a one shot? I'm not sure, but it did work as a one shot and it was more rushed then the next two chapters

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

Jfc, Yagi. Get a clue.
And damn that new girl is so annoying, I could feel myself getting a headache reading this new chapter.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

There's a limit to naiveness

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Density as its finest... I'm almost surprised she realized she got confessed to, considering... Though that girl really had to actually spell it out so it get into her thick skull.

last edited at Oct 13, 2016 2:23PM

joined Feb 18, 2015

I could have sworn she was already confessed to in the original one-shot by Mado-chan... It seemed to imply that they kissed at the end, on camera... that would suggest that she got it then, right? I wish that the author would have rewritten the first chapter for the serialization if it was going to go into this level of obliviousness to Mado-chan's feelings! (I could have sworn that Yagi felt that way about Mado-chan as well... But now that she is this flustered by another girl giving her this much attention, I'm not so sure.)

(I suppose there could have been a rewrite that didn't get translated? I hope?)

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

...what is going in this manga? So confusing

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Chantelune posted:

Density as its finest... I'm almost surprised she realized she got confessed to, considering... Though that girl really had to actually spell it out so it get into her thick skull.

Even then she's still not even sure according to what she says near the end, lol.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I like this... but I hate this so much...

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

To those bewildered by how how dense Yagi is, I will say that people act like this in real life out of fear of rejection and low self-esteem. While one interpretation is that Yagi simply hasn't noticed at all that Mado-chan likes her, another is that she would like to think so, but doesn't want to get her hopes up in case she's wrong, so she internalizes the idea that Mado-chan only likes her as a friend.

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

Well, it seems I won't be continuing to read this, at least not until it's finished.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

While themusicman's explanation makes sense, I'm still a bit bewildered by how dense Yagi is... I mean, she's acting like her and Mado aren't dating when she says in the first chapter that they're "together both online and in real life." They also kissed in the prequel, but, well, it seems like some parts of the prequel aren't canon to the main story, so that might be a bit different. I guess it's possible that she meant "together" as in "TOGETHER AS FRIENDS," but it still seems more than a bit odd to me.

joined Mar 6, 2015

When she said she would let Mado decide I couldn't help but to say "Oh wow Yagi you f**king idiot great f**king job there"

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

I was far too amused by the conflicting body language going on in the first panel on page nine.

While themusicman's explanation makes sense, I'm still a bit bewildered by how dense Yagi is... I mean, she's acting like her and Mado aren't dating when she says in the first chapter that they're "together both online and in real life." They also kissed in the prequel, but, well, it seems like some parts of the prequel aren't canon to the main story, so that might be a bit different. I guess it's possible that she meant "together" as in "TOGETHER AS FRIENDS," but it still seems more than a bit odd to me.

Yagi seems like the kind of person that has difficulty with social situational awareness. The fact that Mado's streaming personality differs so much from her everyday behavior may be compounding that and making it hard for Yagi to characterize their relationship.

Also it's very clear Yagi has never had any close friends in her high school life, let alone a girlfriend. Both of those things have spontaneously dropped into her lap and now she has no idea how to balance them against each other. Not only that, she has no idea what to do with herself. She's never had a support system before, and now that she suddenly has one she's overly eager to use it and ends up leaning on it entirely too hard.

Also also, Alice is bae.

last edited at Oct 13, 2016 6:54PM

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

Alice, make me YOUR bride.

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

My mind gone blank, just like Yagi head.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Well... Yagi is definitely a harem protag. because she is OBLIVIOUS.

Also I'm a bit disappointed. I liked this author because I found their works intriguing and different from other typical yuri works. But it seems they fall into the same traps too. Oh well.

last edited at Oct 13, 2016 8:26PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

pacing on this is terrible.

$10 on kuudere Alice is actually in love with her childhood friend but still supports her.

ooh, risky bet.
I'll with the super safe bet, 10$ that she is in love and will not support this and instead will be in a love triangle.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Koko is the kind of girl that I had crushes on when I was younger and now I despise them forever

Also, now that I reread the oneshot and chapter 1, it does seem like Yagi is already dating Mado-chan. And on the first page of chapter 1 seems like it's Koko's reaction to the kiss from the oneshot. What the hell Yagi????

last edited at Oct 14, 2016 5:09AM

Makasete
joined Sep 21, 2016

Ahh gosh I really like the development of Mado, this is cute! What a cute series

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Aw. This got . . . really boring all of a sudden.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

I cannot stand plots that revolve around dense main characters. This is probably the first time I've ever disliked Ohsawa Yayoi's work

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Ah... she was so close yet so far..
Poor Madoka, she's going to have to be really direct to get through that goat's thick skull

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Maybe she's going to ask how to let Koko down gently?

Also, I'd like to point out the irony in Yagi having, what seems to be, an advice show.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011
Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

My condolences to Madoka and Yagi's intelligence...

To reply you must either login or sign up.